• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Kitoro

bns1.jpg

this game sometimes

Anything for cats for V-Day, or no? Thanks!

gus-gus

Banned
Hey guys, does having a premium membership give you access to a server even if it's been locked?

And is anyone using a dual shock 4? I ask because in my settings I wasn't allowed to configure for either keyboard and mouse or controller. Wanted to know if there was something I needed to do before starting.

Spruchy

As someone who hates grind, hates stories, hates questing, and only really enjoys PvP:

I find the leveling to be enjoyable in and of itself. I've been doing it with a buddy the whole time, which may increase enjoyment. Bosses can be tough, especially if you're level appropriate or just below the recommended level.

I made it to lvl 27, rerolled, and am still enjoying it despite playing the same exact class.

I think the 4 man dungeons could be pretty damn enjoyable as well. The 6 man stuff is just way too chaotic and easy. Though, that's my impression of what's available up to lvl 27. End game dungeons might be different.

tyvm

I'm maxed on an i7-4790 and GTX 760. I get some frame drops if there's like 30 people around me but mostly it's smooth sailing.
Thanks, I'm wondering if it'll be worth upgrading my CPU. That'll require me to upgrade my motherboard, though, and I'm not sure the gain in performance will be worth it. I'll try max settings tonight and see how it goes.

killroy87

Never heard of this until today, it looks great! Went to the OP looking for Gamepad support and found it, couldn't be happier! I know what I'm downloading tonight.

Is the controller support native, or do I need to screw around with things on my end?

Fate Of The Art

Neo Member
Hey guys, does having a premium membership give you access to a server even if it's been locked?

And is anyone using a dual shock 4? I ask because in my settings I wasn't allowed to configure for either keyboard and mouse or controller. Wanted to know if there was something I needed to do before starting.

I was able to get my ds4 working fine with DS4Windows.

I had the same thing happen with not being able to access gamepad options until I was actually in and playing the game. Then everything seemed to work fine, though some of the dialog options are kinda finicky. Still trying to figure out how to progress dialog without having to just click the green arrow to scroll down.

So how many tabs can have for the build specs. I know you have to use a training manual to open a new one but wanted to know how many tabs.

Never heard of this until today, it looks great! Went to the OP looking for Gamepad support and found it, couldn't be happier! I know what I'm downloading tonight.

Is the controller support native, or do I need to screw around with things on my end?

Using a One controller it was native. Had to lower sensitivity tho. The cursor is all over the place.

It didn't feel fluid at all. Went back to M&K

docbon

The controller is fine for combat, but it's gutter trash for navigating the UI. I ended up just going back to keyboard and mouse in the end because this game has a shit ton of menus.

NeOak

Are any of you guys maxing out the game's settings? My settings are custom, but most of the options are set to 2, 3, and 4. Only my texture resolution is set to 5. But I'm experiencing some stuttering and frame drops. Terrain popping in slightly altered shapes (set at 4) only ten feet ahead is also beginning to annoy me. My computer isn't high end, but I thought it would be able to handle this game a bit better. I have an R9 270 and AMD FX-8320.

Thanks, I'm wondering if it'll be worth upgrading my CPU. That'll require me to upgrade my motherboard, though, and I'm not sure the gain in performance will be worth it. I'll try max settings tonight and see how it goes.

This is a UE3 game, so the FX-8320 won't be as good due to lower single-thread performance.

Can you OC it?

Edit: If you are using Windows 7, make sure you have installed this hotfix: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2645594

Edit2: In case you wanna read why: http://www.overclock.net/t/1493092/fx-8320-disabling-cores-increased-single-threaded-performance

The controller is fine for combat, but it's gutter trash for navigating the UI. I ended up just going back to keyboard and mouse in the end.

Can you not do both at once? Like, does the mouse not work with the interface any more if you've got a controller active?

I kinda wanted to try with a controller but not if I can't use the mouse for menus.

Put about 3 hours into the game so far. It's okay. I tried out the gamepad option and went back to mouse/keyboard after fiddling around with it for 30 minutes. It's fine to use for combat but navigating the UI gives me a headache.

Scher

Anybody know what the schedule is for character creation restrictions? I've been searching around for it but I cannot seem to access anything on the Blade n Soul website, and I'm trying to figure out when I can expect Mushin to be open.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
For those who just got in Mushin be sure to post your names so I can invite you to the clan when I get home from work.

This is a UE3 game, so the FX-8320 won't be as good due to lower single-thread performance.

Can you OC it?

Edit: If you are using Windows 7, make sure you have installed this hotfix: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2645594

Edit2: In case you wanna read why: http://www.overclock.net/t/1493092/fx-8320-disabling-cores-increased-single-threaded-performance
Thanks for the resources. I've over clocked it before a few months ago (up to 4.0 gHz if I remember correctly), but I remember thinking it didn't amount to much and I may have changed it back to stock settings. I don't really remember how to overclock so I'll have be to read up on it again. Maybe I'm just underestimating how much of a performance gain I'll get from doing this. I also read on Reddit that some people actually have better performance with higher game settings as opposed to lower settings, so I'll try that as well.

nataku

Who would I go about messaging for a guild invite? Character name is Illys on Mushin.

Also, are invites account wide or per character?

Ricker

What faction/server is GAF on? Op says Discord but I don't see a server called that, I assum Mushin from the previous pages I read?

When's it open for character creation?

Server is Mushin in N.A. yes...Discord is the chat server lol,I made the same mistake,its not clear on that in the OP.

_woLf

It's really frustrating that they made a lockout schedule, had it spread online, just to go around and change it up instead.

They should have at least followed that schedule for the days they listed. :/ Now it's just a matter of luck if Mushin is opened.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Destroyer seems way, way more basic than Assassin so far. Looks awesome, though.

It's really frustrating that they made a lockout schedule, had it spread online, just to go around and change it up instead.

They should have at least followed that schedule for the days they listed. :/ Now it's just a matter of luck if Mushin is opened.

Sorry to ask, but is Old Man Cho available right now? I'm already on it but I want to make sure my friend can make a character. I can't check because I have no character slots left.

cHinzo

Opened 18 chests, no stalker weapon for my class.

Seriously, game?

Yeah this RNG. Took me all my keys during the Closed Beta, but was pleasantly surprised I got my Stalker's Blade on the first try today lol.

I think Imma stay on Starfall. Name is cool and I can't imagine how busy it must be on Windrest when like 30% or something of the population wants to play on that server. Already getting 2k people queueing for the Starfall server.

Ricker

Is there a way to skip the Gameguard thing when launching the game...annoying.

And what about that PIN thing....do I have to use this each time...? what is that ?

I think for these launches they should just randomly assign people to servers for the first week, then give free character transfers after that. I will say that transfers are a little harder to deal with than allowing people to create on the server they want at first, but it would solve some problems. You'd get a better distribution of pre-organized groups that way I think, rather than all of them cramming on a single server like we have had in this instance.

DrBo42

Sorry to ask, but is Old Man Cho available right now? I'm already on it but I want to make sure my friend can make a character. I can't check because I have no character slots left.

I think once you have a character on the server, you can create more on it regardless of its status. Last time I looked, it was locked though.

Ricker

I think once you have a character on the server, you can create more on it regardless of its status. Last time I looked, it was locked though.

1255 In queue on Cho right now...so how do you pick another server...? just create a new character or do you have to delete the one on Cho to get the server list....?

DrBo42

1255 In queue on Cho right now...so how do you pick another server...? just create a new character or do you have to delete the one on Cho to get the server list....?

Create a new character. Server select is the last step of creating a new character, besides your name of course.

LOLCats

Banned
Is there a way to skip the Gameguard thing when launching the game...annoying.

And what about that PIN thing....do I have to use this each time...? what is that ?

Probably not, Its security. This being ncsoft and korean mmo, there will be several security implementations. Trust me, its a good thing.

Top Bottom