• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Sorian

Banned
How are people leveling so fast!? I'm doing every quest in sight and it takes me hours to gain a few levels. Is leveling in a group faster?

There's a passive bonus for being a premium member but even at base, you should always be adequate level just doing all quests you comes across.

mkenyon

Banned
How are people leveling so fast!? I'm doing every quest in sight and it takes me hours to gain a few levels. Is leveling in a group faster?
I've leveled exclusively with a friend. I'm a Destroyer, he's an Assassin. We rerolled yesterday and got to lvl 12 in just over 2 hours.

We hit the quests hard and fast though, I don't read any of the text and hit esc immediately when a cutscene comes up.

K.Sabot

Playing as Nial on Mushin because I took my own name on Poharan for the past 3 days.

5xGVfVP.png

Chariot

I knew all the content until now from the CBTs, I was able to skip cutscenes and knew where to go and what to do. Frankly what hekd me back the most where dozens of players fighting for the same quest enemies like me. It's a mess sonetimes.

Kaname

Damn Assassin is so fun to play. If I can manage tomorrow I'll try out Blade Master and see how I like it :)

Also debating wether to get Premium Membership but I'm also paying my FF XIV subscription so not that convinced. We'll see how it fares the more I progress with this character.

MadGear

So, is it a bad idea to join the cerulean order? As far as I understand you are required to wear your faction outfit for certain quests but by doing so you activate world pvp. Since crimson is highly favored is it even possible to complete these quests?

Chariot

So, is it a bad idea to join the cerulean order? As far as I understand you are required to wear your faction outfit for certain quests but by doing so you activate world pvp. Since crimson is highly favored is it even possible to complete these quests?
You need it for PVP quests, you can ignore them if you want. Also, if somebody gives you trouble ask in the faction chat. Some highlevel people may feel like helping you.
Bumping for answer
Wardrope where you can put your costumes in. Otherwise they will clutter your storage.

EDarkness

I was able to get my character's body proportions right (or as close as I could tell), but they don't use the same shine on the face as they do the rest of the body, so it looks like her head doesn't mater her body. :( Maybe this is only a thing for darker skin tones.

mkenyon

Banned
Bumping for answer
Bolded what I've found very useful so far:

Icreased Gold Earned from Daily and Field Quests
Increased XP Earned from Daily and Field Quests
Increased Gold Earned from Combat
Increased XP Earned from Combat

Extra Hongmoon Coins from Combining
Reduced Marketplace Commission Fees
Increased Marketplace Sell Slots
Increased Currency Exchange Sell Slots
Reduced Weapon Glamour Fees
Increased Gathering and Crafting XP
Faster Chi Recovery
Windwalk Cooldown
Reduced Weapon Evolution and Breakthrough Fees
Wardrobe Deposit
Tab in Dragon Express
Dragon Express (Sell)
Additional Daily Dash Spin
Login Queue Priority

Premium Membership Icon
Class-Specific Dazzling Windwalk
Remote Storage
Hongmoon Store Discount On Select Items
I'm sure the crafting and marketplace stuff will be great once I start doing that.

Kudo

Phew, level 20 on first run, ended up liking the game lot more than I was expecting to.

Is there pictures of the Master Founder Pack Weapon skins somewhere? Can't decide whether to use it with my Blade Dancer or save for later..

NeOak

Damn Assassin is so fun to play. If I can manage tomorrow I'll try out Blade Master and see how I like it :)

Also debating wether to get Premium Membership but I'm also paying my FF XIV subscription so not that convinced. We'll see how it fares the more I progress with this character.
A lot dumped ARR a while ago. Tbh, I may cancel my TERA elite sub that I got at the promotional pricing. BnS is just more fun.

I dumped ARR a long time ago, but had like 2 years of sub.

NeOak

Phew, level 20 on first run, ended up liking the game lot more than I was expecting to.

Is there pictures of the Master Founder Pack Weapon skins somewhere? Can't decide whether to use it with my Blade Dancer or save for later..
You could inspect my character. Should be similar for the BD. Name is Serena.

yaffi

Something I found strange but not really distracting or anything: while playing my Destroyer I noticed the game tells you to press "F" to hit (Wedge) grabbed enemies, but when I check the skill book it's listed under "left mouse button". But it obviously doesn't do anything when pressing the latter while grabbing.

Also "Q" and "E" are supposed to let you strafe. Well, this clearly doesn't work either. And apparently the game doesn't support more than two mouse buttons and a wheel.

Eh, whatever I guess?

Chariot

Something I found strange but not really distracting or anything: while playing my Destroyer I noticed the game tells you to press "F" to hit (Wedge) grabbed enemies, but when I check the skill book the it's listed under "left mouse button". But it obviously doesn't do anything when pressing the latter while grabbing.

Eh, whatever I guess?
Translation is horrible. Thecdeva costune is in Moonwater, I was asked ro "defeate" wolves, friend of mine got totally confused by a missing comma in the skill description, the yulan tree sap is called pownia sometimes, and and and.

yaffi

Translation is horrible. Thecdeva costune is in Moonwater, I was asked ro "defeate" wolves, friend of mine got totally confused by a missing comma in the skill description, the yulan tree sap is called pownia sometimes, and and and.

Yeah, the overall translation/localization/editing of tool tips and such really looks and feels barebones at best.

SeppOCE

It frustrates me that most F2P publishers don't prepare for the inevitable server shitstorm of everyone wanting to try a new game and bots. I made a character on Mushin because I want to be involved with this community while playing but a wait Queue of an hour? AND it's going up? Makes me want to uninstall immediately.

AESplusF

So it seems like Old Man Cho is approaching Mushin population levels, I was like #4500 in line when I tried just now.

And now I'm waiting to play my Mushin character at #2200.

I don't think NCSoft expected the launch to be this big, hopefully things get sorted out quickly.

K.Sabot

The true issue is nobody is logging out.

They gotta fix that at least by the end of the week or they'll start suffering for it.

NeOak

It frustrates me that most F2P publishers don't prepare for the inevitable server shitstorm of everyone wanting to try a new game and bots. I made a character on Mushin because I want to be involved with this community while playing but a wait Queue of an hour? AND it's going up? Makes me want to uninstall immediately.
Who says they didn't? The problem was that half of the player base rolled in Mushin. They responded with locking down the servers and doing rotations. But until the server is restarted, there is little they can do. No one is logging out.

None of the BnS versions had an AFK timer, so they have to develop one for NA/EU.

This was known on Saturday and they tried to spread people around. They offered to help move stuff manually.

But hey, congrats on your 1 hour queue. We had to endure 4 hour queues during the weekend. So?

Stiler

Queue time went from being 104 minutes and 1340 in line to being 296 minutes and 1230 in line....

FFS, why can no game do what Guild Wars 2 done? Launch day, EVERYONE got to play and login, they just used the overflow servers so people could play the game and make progress while waiting to get into their actual server and everything carried over. It was so much better then having a normal queue and let people actually enjoy the game.

SeppOCE

Who says they didn't? The problem was that half of the player base rolled in Mushin. They responded with locking down the servers and doing rotations. But until the server is restarted, there is little they can do. No one is logging out.

None of the BnS versions had an AFK timer, so they have to develop one for NA/EU.

This was known on Saturday and they tried to spread people around. They offered to help move stuff manually.

But hey, congrats on your 1 hour queue. We had to endure 4 hour queues during the weekend. So?

Like I said the wait time is going up. 1 hour has already hit 3 hours, maybe I'll hit 4 like you XD

SeppOCE

We have been saying this since Saturday: If you aren't a premium member, forget about playing on Mushin for now.

Good thing I only joined in on this thread about 10 minutes before I posted.

Is there anyway to become a premium member outside of the in-game store?

EDarkness

Why did everyone decide to make characters on Mushin? Was there something special about that server? Like, does the name have some significance or something?

mkenyon

Banned
Good thing I only joined in on this thread about 10 minutes before I posted.

Is there anyway to become a premium member outside of the in-game store?

https://shop.bladeandsoul.com/signature/list?lang=en-US
Why did everyone decide to make characters on Mushin? Was there something special about that server? Like, does the name have some significance or something?
Because it's the most populated.

What seems strange about that is the fact that most of the end game activities are cross-server.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Did everyone roll on Mushin because it was the most populated, or is it the most populated because everyone rolled on Mushin?

thinking.gif

No excuse. An afk timer is a huge known as a need for American srrvers

Top Bottom