• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Ferrio

Banned
Man all this random shit is pretty overwhelming for someone new. I feel like these cash shops really introduce quite a bit of learning overhead. Different currencies etc.

nikos

Can I please get an invite to the NA/Mushin GAF axman? My character name is Erasmia.

EDIT: Probably have to do the faction quest. Cerulean, right? Will post again later. :eek:

wrongway

Does anyone know what the lowest population NA servers are? Or if any just don't have a queue at the moment? Making a character just to tinker with classes but of course the server picker has zero actual information on it. :\

arimanius

Does anyone know what the lowest population NA servers are? Or if any just don't have a queue at the moment? Making a character just to tinker with classes but of course the server picker has zero actual information on it. :\

Never a queue on Juwol. It's dead. Hating my friend for picking it. lol

Ended up enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would.

Want to log on now but the wait is insane.

I might spend 5 bucks to buy that Student Bundle....

Are you sure you finished it/are on Mushin/Spelled your name right? We tried inviting you but it said you weren't found

CRAP! I created a different character on Mushin. Well, that sucks. I'll restart tomorrow, shouldn't take me too long to skip through everything.

nataku

Can someone explain combos to me in general? Are these things that give addition effects when using skills in certain orders, or are they just something as simple as "These skill synergize well together."?

I'd like to review some of the combos the game throws at you when you meet that little guy for explanations at various points when questing, but I see no where to view them, either in game or on the internet. Seems kind of weird for something the game throws a lot of importance at. I'm assuming it really is just a case of the game telling you what skills synergize well, and there's no real benefit in terms of extra damage or bonus status effects?

If that's the case then it's fine, no real need to review things, it's fairly obvious what goes well together. But I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on some extra effects or bonus damage by doing some hard coded combo wrong.

I'm playing a Force Master, btw.

wrongway

Well, it's not Iksanun. The queue there is ~3,300

Hajoon is ~1,500.

The server screen's lack of information combos fantastically with the 6+ minute character deletion thing. lol.

arimanius

Well, it's not Iksanun. The queue there is ~3,300

Hajoon is ~1,500.

The server screen's lack of information combos fantastically with the 6+ minute character deletion thing. lol.

A word of warning. Once your guy is level 16 it takes 7 days to delete a character.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Apropos of nothing.

Even with multiple servers experiencing queues, I think Mushin is the only one that will stay full or near full because all the premium users gravitated to it during Early Access, and they're the ones most likely to stick around having made a not insignificant monetary commitment. Every other server is getting the F2P tourists, who are much more fickle when it comes to sticking with games.

39 minutes hype. Been waiting for the last few fucking hours.

Hubb

About weapons, is there any use for them other than feeding them to your starter weapon? Are they never better?

Late game (for all I know we don't even have that content yet) you'll get better things, but for now the starter weap is the way to go. If you fall behind on upgrading you could find better things earlier.

Can someone explain combos to me in general? Are these things that give addition effects when using skills in certain orders, or are they just something as simple as "These skill synergize well together."?

I haven't played FM, but combos are abilities that you can trigger after another move, after a target is affected by a certain affect, a target is put in a certain "state" (on the floor, kneeling, in the air, being held, ect..). You can also combo off/with other people so it doesn't necessarily have to be you pressing XYZ amount of buttons, someone can set you up and you can finish it off. It is all about knowing all your abilities, what trigger them, and how to trigger them.

I am a fresh BnS player so I am probably missing somethings, but this is a basic rundown.

Can you switch a server once you select a character for it?

I chose Mushin for some reason and the wait times are crazy lol

Not right now, not sure if ever. Your best bet if you are able to is to log in early in the morning (before work/school) and don't log out. No afk timers right now. This is peak time, so it is going to be bad if you don't have premium membership.

Ferrio

Banned
Holy crap I'm going Paul Phoenix on some bears. Liking the combat.

Late game (for all I know we don't even have that content yet) you'll get better things, but for now the starter weap is the way to go. If you fall behind on upgrading you could find better things earlier.

Thanks.

LOLCats

Banned
Where is the hongmoon store?

Do you not get access for a while? .... Was trying to see how much 30 day premium costs... I dont want that duelist pack thing. I just want out of these queues...

Game runs good but its crashed twice now and im back in freebie 2000 queue each time

Hubb

Where is the hongmoon store?

Do you not get access for a while? .... Was trying to see how much 30 day premium costs... I dont want that duelist pack thing. I just want out of these queues...

Game runs good but its crashed twice now and im back in freebie 2000 queue each time

In game press f10, at character select I can't remember exactly which button it is but it is there. If you are skipping cutscenes and that is when you are crashing, let the cutscene actually start and then skip it. If you press esc too quickly that can crash you.

nataku

I haven't played FM, but combos are abilities that you can trigger after another move, after a target is affected by a certain affect, a target is put in a certain "state" (on the floor, kneeling, in the air, being held, ect..). You can also combo off/with other people so it doesn't necessarily have to be you pressing XYZ amount of buttons, someone can set you up and you can finish it off. It is all about knowing all your abilities, what trigger them, and how to trigger them.

I am a fresh BnS player so I am probably missing somethings, but this is a basic rundown.

Alright, it could just be I'm misunderstanding the little tutorials on your class skills it throws at you every so often.

Ferrio

Banned
Jeez that queue after a long day is not pretty. Almost tempted to go premium, you have to be logged in to purchase that though, don't you?

I just spent 5 bucks on the student pack. I figure $5 to try it out for 7 days on premium to see if I like it isn't bad.

I just spent 5 bucks on the student pack. I figure $5 to try it out for 7 days on premium to see if I like it isn't bad.

That isn't bad at all, am I right in assuming you need to be logged in to purchase?

Side note, did all of the Mushin lockouts move to Jiwan? 4000+ queue, earlier today and yesterday I didn't have any queues.

Hubb

That isn't bad at all, am I right in assuming you need to be logged in to purchase?

Side note, did all of the Mushin lockouts move to Jiwan? 4000+ queue, earlier today and yesterday I didn't have any queues.

Logged in, but only to the character select screen. You don't need to be in game.

Alright, it could just be I'm misunderstanding the little tutorials on your class skills it throws at you every so often.

Yeah I don't remember exactly when, but you'll get more and more skills. Once you start getting skill points it opens up even more. Until then it is pretty much like any other MMO. You start will only so many tools and have to grind to get the rest of them.

Vex_

Banned

I will move with you guys if I can't get in on mushin by 8am est (when I get home).

Azull

Ok so what server doesn't have a queue at the moment because the server information in the game is pretty lacking...as in there is none besides the name of it -_-.

wrongway

Ok so what server doesn't have a queue at the moment because the server information in the game is pretty lacking...as in there is none besides the name of it -_-.

I'm trying to figure that out right now. So far everything has a significant queue. Down to one server (Jiwan). Will let you know in ~4 minutes. :p

Top Bottom