• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

I thought I was safe in Juwol until release when I saw Juwol was a recommended server and Mushin was closed. Never thought I'd be in a queue line, haha.

I thought I was safe in Juwol until release when I saw Juwol was a recommended server and Mushin was closed. Never thought I'd be in a queue line, haha.

Yeah, last night, Old Man Cho was dead. I picked it because I thought that would be the server name the fewest people would be attracted to.

Turns out, all the big twitch streamers rolled on Cho, so all their fans followed.

4500+ people in queue a bit ago.

wrongway

Hokay, so. Damn. All NA servers are queued for NA prime time and late night. These are the regular freebie queue numbers I saw:

Mushin - 3200
Yehara - 3000
Juwol - 1900
Poharan - 4200
Soha - 2900
Master Hong - 2800
Old Man Cho - 2200
Jiwan - 4500
Iksanun - 3300
Hajoon - 1500

rip

Yeah, last night, Old Man Cho was dead. I picked it because I thought that would be the server name the fewest people would be attracted to.

Turns out, all the big twitch streamers rolled on Cho, so all their fans followed.

4500+ people in queue a bit ago.

Wow, that's a lot worse than Juwol. Only 1700+ people and I'm already complaining. I guess I underestimated how many people would be playing. A lot of people don't like dead servers, but I was actually okay with it.

Azull

Hokay, so. Damn. All NA servers are queued for NA prime time and late night. These are the regular freebie queue numbers I saw:

Mushin - 3200
Yehara - 3000
Juwol - 1900
Poharan - 4200
Soha - 2900
Master Hong - 2800
Old Man Cho - 2200
Jiwan - 4500
Iksanun - 3300
Hajoon - 1500

rip

Jesus. Welp, guess I'm not playing tonight. Thanks for the info :D!

Vex_

Banned

Mushin - 3200
Yehara - 3000
Juwol - 1900
Poharan - 4200
Soha - 2900
Master Hong - 2800
Old Man Cho - 2200
Jiwan - 4500
Iksanun - 3300
Hajoon - 1500

rip

You've done superb work, wrongway. You took a supreme L for the team by doing this.

Your sacrifice shall be remembered.

I think Beast Hunter (Lair of the Yutay Boss) is my favourite outfit so far.

SqBMbPs.jpg

Hubb

Why account for server load on release when you can sell queue-jumps to desperate players?

My guess is they played it safe. There was a server cap increase from headstart to release, and hopefully they can figure out how to alleviate these new queues.

FiraB

Banned

Mushin - 3200
Yehara - 3000
Juwol - 1900
Poharan - 4200
Soha - 2900
Master Hong - 2800
Old Man Cho - 2200
Jiwan - 4500
Iksanun - 3300
Hajoon - 1500

rip
Well I guess my net going down for a few days was a good thing, guess I'll come back to this one in a couple months when the servers have stabilized.

I have the hourglass symbol but it isn't letting me do anything, I try to connect to my balance in the lobby and it doesn't load, and on the website it doesn't show any credit for my NCoin. I have gotten the confirmation that my order was fulfilled however.

Mushin - 3200
Yehara - 3000
Juwol - 1900
Poharan - 4200
Soha - 2900
Master Hong - 2800
Old Man Cho - 2200
Jiwan - 4500
Iksanun - 3300
Hajoon - 1500

rip

Thanks for putting that together.

Desi

I keep hearing about this: why?

What's wrong with it?

It doesn't get pass the "Play Now" screen. Always happens to be grayed out. There was also an earlier issue when it wasn't accepting my password either. This way is much better, for me at least.

I also rolled on Mushin and Jiwan. Precarious Pitta and Brisk Pitta respectively

Finaika

Mushin - 3200
Yehara - 3000
Juwol - 1900
Poharan - 4200
Soha - 2900
Master Hong - 2800
Old Man Cho - 2200
Jiwan - 4500
Iksanun - 3300
Hajoon - 1500

rip

How accurate is this?

Ferrio

Banned
Damn looks like I can get into Mushin quick now, wonder if I should remake my char now. Sucks that I'll lose all my student rewards. I assume you can't transfer gear between chars?

I played the game yesterday for about 4 - 5 hours, and it didn't hit for me(because of the game play, it is like TERA). Maybe I'll gonna try it later when the login problem get fixed. I really liked the game world and the character costumes. Maybe next time I'll try with a Xbox controller tri see if it's better. 😌

Vex_

Banned
It doesn't get pass the "Play Now" screen. Always happens to be grayed out. There was also an earlier issue when it wasn't accepting my password either. This way is much better, for me at least.

I also rolled on Mushin and Jiwan. Precarious Pitta and Brisk Pitta respectively

Wa wai wai. We can do 1st and last names like gw2? I thought no spaces in names?

Damnit! Oh well. I still grabbed some pretty cool names like Uhhhh quote to see:

zugzug

So I made a Kung fu master female with maximum height and I feel like she is to tall or the over the shoulder view is not good to see the enemies you are fighting when they exactly are going to strike you to use your block attack. Struggling with remaking the character to be shorter cuz I really like her as maximum tall. Struggliinng!

What's shortcut key to hide UI for perfect screenshot wallpaper style?

Rolled on Old Man Cho cuz Margaret Kron rolled there was gonna have an open guild after I saw how large the queues for Mushin were going to be.

So I made a Kung fu master female with maximum height and I feel like she is to tall or the over the shoulder view is not good to see the enemies you are fighting when they exactly are going to strike you to use your block attack. Struggling with remaking the character to be shorter cuz I really like her as maximum tall. Struggliinng!

What's shortcut key to hide UI for perfect screenshot wallpaper style?

Rolled on Old Man Cho cuz Margaret Kron rolled there was gonna have an open guild after I saw how large the queues for Mushin were going to be.

Hide UI is ctrl+x, also unlock your camera by middle clicking (so you can see your character's face).

Stiler

Shortcut key for hiding the UI is ctrl+k.

I also feel like the camera needs to be positioned "higher."

Playing as the tall race the camera seems built for smaller characters and it doesn't seem to adjust itself for taller characters, so it's stuck too "low" and your body blocks what you need to see.

They just need to make the camera viewpoint take into account the character height, or at least give us a way to change it without having to zoom out, but like being able to alter it's height instead when looking over the shoulder.

Here's my first character, Jin Higashi (took the names of two of my favorite fighting characters, Jin Kazama and Joe Higashi)
ssDtrjY.jpg

EDarkness

Man, I got in after 4 hours of waiting and got to one climatic part in the tutorial section and my game crashed. I logged back in and I'm 2335 in the queue. Yeah...forget that. I'll just get back to this game in a couple of weeks after things die down. All that time to play not even 20 minutes...ugh.

Shortcut key for hiding the UI is ctrl+k.

I also feel like the camera needs to be positioned "higher."

Playing as the tall race the camera seems built for smaller characters and it doesn't seem to adjust itself for taller characters, so it's stuck too "low" and your body blocks what you need to see.

They just need to make the camera viewpoint take into account the character height, or at least give us a way to change it without having to zoom out, but like being able to alter it's height instead when looking over the shoulder.

I'm pretty sure there's an option to raise/lower camera height.

Top Bottom