• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

squall211

Is there a way to add someone as a friend/send them a friend request if they are offline. If you can, how do you do that? Also, is there a way to check what faction they joined?

This is my character. IGN is Silver Flare on Mushin:

fYdiEuo.jpg

How is everyone taking widescreen shots with the character centered? For me it zooms too much and cuts off the head and legs. The focused shot makes it portrait.

Also, the AA looks awful. Is there any way to improve it?

AngerdX

Made it into Windrest EU, now would like an invite to the GAF guild there, it is Cerulean order we should join?

Ingame name: XianXi

Banzai

I don't think I'm feeling this game. Countering in real time is fun and I do appreciate quest items drop every time (at least in the beginning of the game?) but apart from that it's just your every day MMO. Also, the waifu simulator part of it turns me off.
Ah well, some day I will find a MMO I'll like, I'm sure.

Chariot

I opened 16 of the Golden Deva chests before my Lynblade came out. I had multiples of every weapon from the other 7 classes. I'm pretty sure I killed Golden Deva at least 25 times before I got my upgrade mat.

I love you RNGesus but why does it hurt so much to love Him ;_;
I feel ya. Currently trying to gey my Lycanweapon. I got 16 weapons, of all classes BUT my own ;__;
Made it into Windrest EU, now would like an invite to the GAF guild there, it is Cerulean order we should join?

Ingame name: XianXi
Malzar tried to add ya, told him not found. Try to whisper him ingame.

Finaika

I don't think I'm feeling this game. Countering in real time is fun and I do appreciate quest items drop every time (at least in the beginning of the game?) but apart from that it's just your every day MMO. Also, the waifu simulator part of it turns me off.
Ah well, some day I will find a MMO I'll like, I'm sure.

Create a male character then?

yaffi

I feel ya. Currently trying to gey my Lycanweapon. I got 16 weapons, of all classes BUT my own ;__;
Malzar tried to add ya, told him not found. Try to whisper him ingame.

Oh hey, could you please invite me to the clan if you're online right now? Name's Lhima.

Sölf

Playing Kung-Fu Master as the first character was probably not the best idea. These combos will be the death of my fingers. I am only level 8 so far, but I really dig the combat system.

Hubb

Looks like that isn't intended to happen and a message to support should resolve it. At least going by what was posted in that reddit thread.

Ricker

Is there a way to put all those gold sellers message in the chat on ignore or something...I cannot read anything in the chat,the messages roll so fast...so annoying.

Kyne

Man this game's combat is deep.

Once you get a few levels and some skills the combo system is nuts.

You ain't kidding. I'm level 6 and I'm already trying to figure out what the best flow chart for my skills are. Glad I have a Razer Naga... I can't imagine using numbers for skill chains.

Wait. Yes I can. I played Aion. That shit was brutal.

Sölf;192737466 said:
Playing Kung-Fu Master as the first character was probably not the best idea. These combos will be the death of my fingers. I am only level 8 so far, but I really dig the combat system.

Haha.. I rolled KFM as my first character as well. I've heard a lot of other classes have it pretty easy compared to us. The challenge is good though. I'm an advocate of fighting games (SF/MvC/SmashBros) so I think if I play my cards right I can get pretty good at this.

I only played about an hour but I'm really digging the game so far. In the last couple years I've tried Aion/Tera/FF14/Guild Wars 2/Wild Star... this game is definitely clicking the most with me.

MadGear

Oh boy, I currently feel like I'm playing CS:GO. Opened a bunch of cases to get my breakthrough weapon and got everything but the weapon I need ... . Sucks that access to the AH isn't available at my current level.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
what do you guys recomend for me,

not really into summon type heroes much i normally play range classes in most games and not normally a fan of tanking either i normally like using bows or spells but i also enjoy melee combat in particular games aswell, i not really into stealth play much too.

force master looks interesting to me and blade master but unsure

Chariot

I am back home. If somebody still isn't in the guild in Windrest, EU, I can invite you now.

Click on their name -> block. :p
Your blocklist has only 50 spaces apparently :(
what do you guys recomend for me,

not really into summon type heroes much i normally play range classes in most games and not normally a fan of tanking either i normally like using bows or spells but i also enjoy melee combat in particular games aswell, i not really into stealth play much too.

force master looks interesting to me and blade dancer but unsure
Forcemaster sounds for you. A friend of mine got great fun with one.

rocK`

Banned
Sölf;192737466 said:

Wait.. What? At level 8 you don't even have that many skills...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Forcemaster sounds for you. A friend of mine got great fun with one.

yea im torn between force and blde master, blade master looks very fun too from what im seeing, ahhh decions lol.

i added you on steam if you dont mind :D

Koriandrr

Oh man, I was looking for this OT in Community... :O
Why isn't it there?

Also, anyone else on Windrest?!
I'm LOVING my Summoner so far. lvl 36 and running, it's so OP in PvP. I'm not even trying and I'm just winning... cat's too stronk. I also might've totally upgraded to the mid pack on saturday last minute, just to get that Lucile dress on my Lyn... TOO CUTE.

CZJ2HN5WYAAYnol.png:large

Say Hi if you see me!

Vex_

Banned
ohhh so now I see why NA wanted to go on the Cereal faction. They got the whole "thicker than a bowl of oatmeal" outfit thingy going on.

why does this outfit add bazookas to my char tho? Weird, they werent that big before doe?

Vex_

Banned
is there a beginners guide anywhere.. ? Like.. what even are soul shields.. ?_?

they are like armor sets. Alone they give you boosts. Together (as a full set --not individual slices), they give boosts on top of the original stats.

Muddimar

Soul Shields are where your character stats are improved. They all have set bonuses (like armor set bonuses in other games). I think it's 3/5/8 pieces will get you a new bonus, for having same set pieces.

You also get stats from Rings, Neck Piece, and Earring, Weapon. So having no stats on your actual armor in game, will allow you to wear whatever you want.

You can upgrade your Soul Shield pieces also, but I wouldn't recommend doing this until later in the game (you will level out of your soul shield pretty quickly early-mid game).

Sorian

Banned

Yeah just think of them as 8 additional gear slots. Always try to have a matching set of 8. If you see a blue or purple one drop from a boss or dungeon that is an upgrade to what you have, think about running the same thing a few times to collect all 8 pieces.

Sölf

Wait.. What? At level 8 you don't even have that many skills...

No, I don't I just got the quest where I learn the Low Kick -> Jump -> Headbutt combo, and the class also has the counter, which needs to be timed. That's by level 8. I have 37 more levels. I am not sure I want to know what will come in the future. xD

Well, been in the queue for 1-2 hours now. Started at 1988 or something, now I am at 917. So only 1-2 hours to go until I can finally get back in!

Vex_

Banned
Welp. Just had my first victim ever in pvp.

See, this time I was nice. I ask him straight up:

"You want to fight Cereal?"

He starts swinging his swords wildly. I put on my gear, and proceed to bop him. Was like taking candy from a baby.

rocK`

Banned
Sölf;192750747 said:
No, I don't I just got the quest where I learn the Low Kick -> Jump -> Headbutt combo, and the class also has the counter, which needs to be timed. That's by level 8. I have 37 more levels. I am not sure I want to know what will come in the future. xD

Well, been in the queue for 1-2 hours now. Started at 1988 or something, now I am at 917. So only 1-2 hours to go until I can finally get back in!

I'd suggest against playing if 4 buttons makes your hands hurt...

So Discord is the NA server GAF is playing on, right? I didn't see it as an option in the server list.

Is it premium only or full at the moment? Or perhaps i'm doing something wrong.

Top Bottom