• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

tariniel

I leveled up my first character, a Destroyer, to level 10 last night, and I had a pretty great time. It's really satisfying to grab enemies and slam them on the ground, and spinning around killing groups of mobs is fun too. I just hope it's fun in PvP later on when I feel like giving it a try.

Is there rested exp in this game? Is there any downside to having two characters on different servers?

Vex_

Banned
I leveled up my first character, a Destroyer, to level 10 last night, and I had a pretty great time. It's really satisfying to grab enemies and slam them on the ground, and spinning around killing groups of mobs is fun too. I just hope it's fun in PvP later on when I feel like giving it a try.

Is there rested exp in this game? Is there any downside to having two characters on different servers?

yea just got the grab. You can get back health too as well when you just hold them and punch them in the face. So legit.

Not sure about rested exp tho.

Sölf;192750747 said:
No, I don't I just got the quest where I learn the Low Kick -> Jump -> Headbutt combo, and the class also has the counter, which needs to be timed. That's by level 8. I have 37 more levels. I am not sure I want to know what will come in the future. xD

Well, been in the queue for 1-2 hours now. Started at 1988 or something, now I am at 917. So only 1-2 hours to go until I can finally get back in!

You should look up jaesung on youtube. He has a KFM combo tutorial on the youtube page. KFM has a lot of animation cancels but learning them speeds up the combos a lot and iirc it involves using the basic lmb a lot.

I main assassin and a fun thing to learn is the animation cancels. The one off swiftstep (the stealth 3. For some reason they named 2 skills the same) you can cancel the leap back with heart stab, since it puts me back in stealth when skilled with 2 points, I can use it as an approach to restealth but if you do it too early you interrupt stealth and too late does nothing. Heart stab cancels also boost dps a lot.

AESplusF

You ain't kidding. I'm level 6 and I'm already trying to figure out what the best flow chart for my skills are. Glad I have a Razer Naga... I can't imagine using numbers for skill chains.

Wait. Yes I can. I played Aion. That shit was brutal.

Haha.. I rolled KFM as my first character as well. I've heard a lot of other classes have it pretty easy compared to us. The challenge is good though. I'm an advocate of fighting games (SF/MvC/SmashBros) so I think if I play my cards right I can get pretty good at this.

I only played about an hour but I'm really digging the game so far. In the last couple years I've tried Aion/Tera/FF14/Guild Wars 2/Wild Star... this game is definitely clicking the most with me.

Yeah it's pretty damn interesting, and at Lvl 6 you're just scratching the surface it gets much, much more complicated.

I can't wait to try some PVP, it's not surprising at all that they play this competitively in Korea.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah it's pretty damn interesting, and at Lvl 6 you're just scratching the surface it gets much, much more complicated.

I can't wait to try some PVP, it's not surprising at all that they play this competitively in Korea.

Lots of bad KFM in the PvP queue right now too, love seeing them come up. I know they can counter force master well because I've had one guy that really gave me a run for my money but a lot of them just let me freeze them in place and wail on them for awhile before breaking the stun.

NeOak

Anyone online on Mushi to throw a GAF invite?

Yes.

No. No.

Koriandrr

Oh yes, sure. We even got a guild :D
Gonna invite you once I am through the Tomb.

That's why people say the PVP is huge. It's really ense.

Oh well.. I have my own guild with my mates.. :D
NetflixAndChill - say hi if you see us! We got a lot of people from reddit, I think, as the leader is a mod for the sub.

BUT thank you for the invite anyway!

Hubb

Wow Assassins are annoying in PVP.

Once you learn their CDs and know what their basic counter animations look like they can be pretty easy. Take it from an Assassin who destroyed people on launch who just mashed buttons and now I have to fight people who know what they are doing. A good KFM/BM breaks my back.

Sorian

Banned
Summoners seem really good until you burst down their pet. Then it's GG.

Kill pet, win fight.

I'm probably slightly above average in all honesty and, as a force master, I feel like the pet shuts me down so quickly and can burst me before I can even set it up for massive damage.

Koriandrr

Summoners seem really good until you burst down their pet. Then it's GG.

Kill pet, win fight.

Depends. The only people who won against me in PvP did kill the pet, but I've had people come close by just nuking me. Honestly, I'm far squishier than my pet. Best bet is you cc the pet and nuke the summoner. That's what I would do if I was against me. :D

Also don't underestimate the pet. If it tackles you down and does the scratching your face thing, it's gg. That thing hurts.

So what classes are good for PvP. I played the beta but i have yet to play it since it came out and i want to get into the PvP side of the game.

Koriandrr

So what classes are good for PvP. I played the beta but i have yet to play it since it came out and i want to get into the PvP side of the game.

On low level Summoner and Kung-Fu Master are dominating. On higher level when you're against people who actually know what they're doing, you're most likely doomed against Kung-Fu Masters lol. Assassins and Force Masters come close too. But as any pvp game - really depends on the player and how well they know the class.

Koriandrr

Are Plague weapons (blue quality weapons from locked boxes from the scorpion boss) better than level 10 Hongmoon gauntlets?

I was under the impression nothing is better than your upgraded weapon. Just keep upgrading every time you can. It tells you which items you need and where you can get them for the next upgrade. :p

I was under the impression nothing is better than your upgraded weapon. Just keep upgrading every time you can. It tells you which items you need and where you can get them for the next upgrade. :p

Yeah, I've got it maxed until I can get to a dungeon a few areas past where I am, but there are people in region chat practically begging for the Plague weapons, trading for one for their class like it was some kind of upgrade material for Hongmoon, but I checked and it's not.

Koriandrr

Yeah, I've got it maxed until I can get to a dungeon a few areas past where I am, but there are people in region chat practically begging for the Plague weapons, trading for one for their class like it was some kind of upgrade material for Hongmoon, but I checked and it's not.

If memory serves right, Plague weapons USED TO be upgrade weapons, at least they were in the Russian server. Could be people are confused about it. But I can see that on the marketplace they're not nearly as expensive as upgrade weapons, so.. ._.

Zand

Neo Member
Yeah, Merry Potter has been a bitch in itself to even just level. Was going to focus on that one once I got to max level.

Took us 32 runs of Brightstone Ruins to finally get the rare potter recipe from there...will be making some evolve stones today. =)

Lord Phol

Are they queue timers busted? There were suppose to be like 1000 people+ before me but I just got in randomly when tabbing back, not that I mind. Also is Windrest still locked for new players? I'm on Starfall Crater atm, dunno if I should play or just wait.

Zand

Neo Member
As someone who hates grind, hates stories, hates questing, and only really enjoys PvP:

I find the leveling to be enjoyable in and of itself. I've been doing it with a buddy the whole time, which may increase enjoyment. Bosses can be tough, especially if you're level appropriate or just below the recommended level.

I made it to lvl 27, rerolled, and am still enjoying it despite playing the same exact class.

I think the 4 man dungeons could be pretty damn enjoyable as well. The 6 man stuff is just way too chaotic and easy. Though, that's my impression of what's available up to lvl 27. End game dungeons might be different.

Leveling with friends is the best, really. The 4 man version of dungeons are indeed much harder than 6 man...you'll have to learn the mechanics of the bosses since you won't have telegraphs or cc bars to rely on.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Is that 1024x768?

idk wth my streaming software is doing I just leave it the hell alone from beta I exp making the screen to big for w.e reason when they patched it. So stream couldnt see half the screen. I'm leaving it alone so there black screens on side i'm going to d something about that later maybe get the some UGSLive banner on side

Top Bottom