• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Ranmo

Quick question how viable is this game with a pad?

I originally started with KB+M and switched to pad last night. You might have to change some buttons to get it to feel good to you. The sooner you switch over the better it's going to feel. I had to swap all the R1+Button presses with the L1+ Button presses in order for it to feel good to me, but once I did that...oh boy. I'm locked in now.

For menu navigation you're going to have to get used to still using the mouse for menu navigation though. That feels really rough on gamepad. But I don't mind it.

Ahhh fail so to join the guild I should've went cerulean? :X

You can change factions, but it also resets your faction rank.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
I'm guessing this game isn't friendly with old hardware?

yeah it is if you PC was built in 2010 it can run it. not great, but it could run it since this game was originally made like 4 years ago. They did revamp it little bit yeah, but you should be good as long you have a ok GPU from 2012

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Quick question how viable is this game with a pad?

i'm a pad player cause of all the fighting game tournaments I play and etc. So I felt rally comfortable on controller. I use xbox one pad for this game cause it fully supports its. to get the PS4 pad working is little more trouble but its possible to. That and it confuses me to see RB and X when using a PS4 pad.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When a skill says multiple states are a prerequisite, does it mean they all need to be fulfilled or only 1?

For example, Shadowslip says "After Backstep" and "After using Stealth", and I can Shadowslip right after a Backstep even if I'm not using Stealth. Similarly, Swiftstep says "Upon Shadowslip Hit", "While Using Decoy" and "Decoy Stance", but I find that I can Swiftstep immediately following a Decoy without needing to hit with Shadowslip, although I can also Swiftstep after a Shadowslip.

This is all so confusing...

Sorian

Banned
When a skill says multiple states are a prerequisite, does it mean they all need to be fulfilled or only 1?

For example, Shadowslip says "After Backstep" and "After using Stealth", and I can Shadowslip right after a Backstep even if I'm not in Stealth. Similarly, Swiftstep says "Upon Shadowslip Hit", "While Using Decoy" and "Decoy Stance", but I find that I can Swiftstep immediately following a Decoy without needing to hit with Shadowslip, although I can also Swiftstep after a Shadowslip.

This is all so confusing...

You can use the ability if any of those states are fulfilled, not all of them

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
new patch

An AFK auto-kick feature has been implemented

The queue time text has been changed
Previously, the non-premium membership queue time would only display wait time for non-premium members and would not include the wait time from the premium membership queue
Now, the non-premium membership queue time will display the total wait time including both premium and non-premium members
Fixed an issue where cutscenes would crash the client or black screen when pressing the ESC button too quickly
Fixed an issue where the confirmation message for upgrading a weapon could not be typed in French due to the word length

best patch eve r:D

HyperHip

I originally started with KB+M and switched to pad last night. You might have to change some buttons to get it to feel good to you. The sooner you switch over the better it's going to feel. I had to swap all the R1+Button presses with the L1+ Button presses in order for it to feel good to me, but once I did that...oh boy. I'm locked in now.

For menu navigation you're going to have to get used to still using the mouse for menu navigation though. That feels really rough on gamepad. But I don't mind it.

You can change factions, but it also resets your faction rank.

Hmm sucks to hear about the menu navigation, but I can adjust. As long as i'm not gimping myself combat-wise I can manage. Thanks a bunch!

P.S. Didn't know you were a gaffer BBoy, its infamess. We gotta play DOA5LR sometime, just recently got access to a PS4 so feel free to bop my Lisa.

Sorian

Banned
new patch

Previously, the non-premium membership queue time would only display wait time for non-premium members and would not include the wait time from the premium membership queue
Now, the non-premium membership queue time will display the total wait time including both premium and non-premium members
Fixed an issue where cutscenes would crash the client or black screen when pressing the ESC button too quickly
Fixed an issue where the confirmation message for upgrading a weapon could not be typed in French due to the word length

Garbage patch, I never asked for an auto-kick.

Maybesew

Got to level 10 last night as a summoner. Really enjoyed the play style with my cat. Also realized that I'm on the wrong server from the GAF clan. Is everyone on that or are people scattered around?

Hubb

Got to level 10 last night as a summoner. Really enjoyed the play style with my cat. Also realized that I'm on the wrong server from the GAF clan. Is everyone on that or are people scattered around?

I think a couple are on Jiwhal (sp?), but the vast majority are on Mushin.

new patch

Lol now I actually have a chance to get into Mushin

Sölf

new patch

Let's see if I may actually get to play today. After leaving the queue and downloading the patch I am at over #4000 with nearly 500 premium ones.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Where can we see exactly what is needed to rank up?

only me and Burton can. Its well I find it weird that it don't let others see, but yeah its a leader and 2nd in command only thinng. Basically right now we just need GOLD with enough of faction stuff. But we really need gold. Basically everyone in guild now needs to start donating as much as possible. Cuase later ranks is a big amount needed. meaning since we have 60 members we need yes 1 gold from each member cause next next rank is 65 gold

NeOak

new patch

lol that's client side, but it works.

Garbage patch, I never asked for an auto-kick.

We don't get auto-kicked if we don't patch yet :D

NeOak

GDI Burton, stop slacking and fix the rank permissions.

BBoy can't edit the guild notice to put what we need >.>

I've been logged in right now also. And since I've been bypassing the launcher this whole time any way, I'm not gonna manually patch until they threaten to ban or something.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
also for anyone who wants steam overlay do this

go to steam, press on games tab at the top left and press add non steam game

browse the list of games that show up and find one named Blade & Soul.

check mark it by ticking the little box next to it and then press add slected programmes

right click on the newly added blade and soul and go properies.

in the target box delete everything and add

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

include the quotes

in start in box delete everything and add

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher"

this is for the default install, if you have it installed on another adrive to one ur using it wont work.

if you have it installed under a new folder or anywhere apart from programme files x86 then change the starting bit accordingly

make sure to run steam as admin (right click steam icon go compatability and select run as admin)

NeOak

check mark it by ticking the little box next to it and then press add slected programmes

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

include the quotes

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher"

this is for the default install, if you have it installed on another adrive to one ur using it wont work.

if you have it installed under a new folder or anywhere apart from programme files x86 then change the starting bit accordingly

Oh well, I guess I'm not using that then. I have it installed on a different SSD.

Twookie

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ 30 min queues ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
.eJwFwcENwyAMAMBdGABDjBzIGh2gQgRBpAQj7L6q7t67r_ms2xymq045AM5LCq_TivLKrdrG3O6a5yW28ANZNZf-1KEC3qV9I_SU3BY9UiLwmAIG2sgHtyOG4OBVVq1DOus7RjtHM78_26YksA.MNFgn8pfSj2toq-hHb052WuI_9o.png

ok I got the image up and working lol and also once again the inv. this is not the next rank up. this is the one after next.... Basically that is the next next rank up. so yes people get on that grind cause its going to get harder as we rank up lol https://discord.gg/0c019BJQfxG7RRAK

Darkroronoa

After waiting for like 50 minutes on a 1900+ people queue i managed to got in and the game crushed on a cutscene after the "first area".

back to the queue and now its like 2500 people :'(
Hopefully the afk auto-kick they patched in will bring this queue's down.

Game looks nice, i like the control scheme and the story actually was not bad like in other mmorpg.

Kilrathi

Whats going on with patcher client, it keeps failing on at one cooked paks with e02018 that is 9MB big. I deleted the file it was trying to download and no luck

Alrus

Holy shit that's a lot of stuff to grind just to upgrade your clan. They really want you to do all the dailies over and over again I guess.

Edit: Also yay game crashed at peak EU hours... I also love having to startup the client twice in a row because it just quits if "someone else" is already logged in.

And I wish there was a way to bypass the initial log-in thingy because I have a dynamic IP and it's getting annoying having to enter their security password all the time.

Hubb

Holy shit that's a lot of stuff to grind just to upgrade your clan. They really want you to do all the dailies over and over again I guess.

Edit: Also yay game crashed at peak EU hours...

Theoretically if everyone gave an equal amount between 65 people it isn't actually that much (Some things there are a days worth of pvp dailies some less), but I doubt you are going to get all 65 people to donate.

garath

Hmm. I swore I would never play another mmorpg again but damn if this doesn't look cool. And it's f2p. It might actually work for me.

I think I may have to give it a shot...

cHinzo

"C:program Files (x86)NCWestNCLauncherNCLauncher.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"BnS" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

include the quotes

"C:program Files (x86)NCWestNCLauncher"

Yo thanks. I've been trying to get it to work and kept failing. Had to play it on a smaller window to be able to just chat with some friends. Maybe I can play full screen now. :D

Hastati

Ugggh really want to join the clan but don't have enough silver to change factions...is the MQ the most lucrative early game?

Dresden

the combat is really good. love all the context sensitive options that pile up as you progress. Not enjoying much else about the game but maybe it'll be worth it for the pvp.

I dream of a better timeline where hyungtae kim is unemployed.

Top Bottom