• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was looking at the various costumes in the game via the wardrobe and the whole half naked / butt focus is really only, or mostly on Gon ladies. The other races seemed fairly tame. All the hub hub about it I assumed every race was a booty-fest

Hubb

are there group dungeons? is the endgame geared towards pve'ing as well?

One of the big PvE draws endgame is something that isn't patched in yet, but hopefully soon. Mushin Tower. It is you vs the boss then you move up to the next level of the tower and it is you vs another boss. So on and so on, until you get to the top.

They do have group stuff, but what is in the game right now isn't anything special. We are still waiting for the first epic dungeon to be patched in.

I was looking at the various costumes in the game via the wardrobe and the whole half naked / butt focus is really only, or mostly on Gon ladies. The other races seemed fairly tame. All the hub hub about it I assumed every race was a booty-fest

Some costumes are equal booty representation, but Gon definitely takes the booty cake. Which is too bad, my Jin has a very limited set of costume options.

Makki

I love the Ginyu force style introduction of these guys, a must watch.
X34jJzC.jpg

Kalentan

Gold Spam. Gold Spam every where. All of the chats seemed to be infected with it. Couldn't even ask people whats the point of doing the dailies outside of exp.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gon female arms are super skinny in game (by default) compared to how they look in the character creator. Ive redone my character a million times now :/

Glad to know I picked the best race gender combo from the get go. Though I don't intend to spend money on this so I probably will never get access to the best outfits.

Rhaknar

Glad to know I picked the best race gender combo from the get go. Though I don't intend to spend money on this so I probably will never get access to the best outfits.

The best outfits arent in the store. Like, nit by a longshot. In my opinion at least

ShinMaruku

are there group dungeons? is the endgame geared towards pve'ing as well?
We have 6 man 4 man and 24 man dungeons, you have world bosses we have dailies the tower should last for some time it is truly great. I am editing my assassin stream will upload in the morning.

The infamous "Gon ass outfit" is called Stinger and it's a random wheel spin item you can get by farming a world boss called Pinchy over and over.

Enjoy your Gon ass!

Chariot

We have 6 man 4 man and 24 man dungeons, you have world bosses we have dailies the tower should last for some time it is truly great. I am editing my assassin stream will upload in the morning.
Well, 24 man is less a dungeon and more a open world map filled with respawning bosses and Poha-tan. And it's fun, but you can di the dailies in a few minutes unless you have bad luck with thexresoawns. Waiting on respawns isn't very fun though.

Kalentan

Uh... Am I facing a computer in the PvP arena? Their name is "opponent" and they're really weak.

Edit: NVM. It doesn't show their name. Got my ass kicked by a level 30.

Gonna guess PvP isn't very balanced till you're max level and playing only against other max level players.

Uh... Am I facing a computer in the PvP arena? Their name is "opponent" and they're really weak.

Gonna guess PvP isn't very balanced till you're max level and playing only against other max level players.

Stats and damage are normalized but the number of skill points is not. If you're low level, you have very few skill points and depending on your class some of your important skills may not even be unlocked.

Most people don't get into arena until their 30's because for most classes that's when you have your important skills unlocked and a few skill points to put in them.

Since people are randomly posting their characters:

This is the outfit you get by putting on a Blackram Marauders uniform and killing the town guards in Jadestone Village. If you've seen packs of players roaming the town farming the NPCs, this outfit is why.

Players also will show up and put on the Bamboo Guards uniform and try to start fights with the farmers, so a lot of random OWPvP happens around here as well if you're looking for fights.

Chariot

Not even then. Heard, game duels are balanced for level 50.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is there no way to travel between the two continents? Or do i have to do some questing first before the "skygate" is operational?

Also I can't break 50s with all the bills I have.

And the auction loot system inflates the dungeon runs so much omg.

Vex_

Banned
I did the alternative and farmed Blackram Insignias. Summoning Gwon 20 times was boring as all heck, but I enjoy the reward. :D

...wait you can get costumes as rew-

Oh god..... Noice. I'm gonna get on now while I can. Finally have some time to play!

Ugh I got in no queues????? Free to pleb user too.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
1107 in premium queue on windrest. And 1916 in non premium. Whats america like at moment

Ryuuga

Banned
Yeah, I thought playing with better latency would've changed my opinion, but I still prefer TERA's overall combat to this. I'll spend some more time acquiring more skills or maybe try different classes, but I'm not in love with anything yet.

cHinzo

Is the shield and costume the only thing worth farming for at Pinchy? Not interested in the costume, so the shield will do. Are the weapons needed?

Hubb

A question about daily dash rewards, will they be changed every time it resets?

I'm not sure the filler items will be changed, but they are going to do different promotions (like the costume at the end right now). So once the next daily dash is up I don't know what the end item will be. Since I think EU gets a different costume than us, they may just switch it (EU gets NA's, NA get EU's).

For now, if you finish the board all your spins are wasted until something new comes along.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Could someone give me an invite on Mushin? Character name is Vinsfeld

NeOak

Quonny

Game runs surprisingly well on my Surface Book, without dGPU.

~45 FPS @ 1400x1050 w/ all settings on 4 and 2x AA.

That'll do nicely.

Btw, please don't kick my summoner. I have been playing my Destroyer pretty much exclusively lately (I'll get an invite from Ulty this week).

Hubb

Probably a really dumb question, but the people asking to buy gold for Ncoins is that real? I know/thought NCsoft was going to eventually put in a way to buy Ncoins with gold but I don't think that is in yet.

Shoyz

Game runs surprisingly well on my Surface Book, without dGPU.

~45 FPS @ 1400x1050 w/ all settings on 4 and 2x AA.

I just built a skylake desktop but have to wait a bit longer to buy a GPU. Integrated Graphics on my i7-6700K gets me, at the lowest possible resolution, with every graphical setting set to 1/off, 20-30FPS. Wonder if I'm doing something wrong..
My paranoid character:

Kudo

Probably a really dumb question, but the people asking to buy gold for Ncoins is that real? I know/thought NCsoft was going to eventually put in a way to buy Ncoins with gold but I don't think that is in yet.

I think you can gift most items in the store, would assume you pay gold - guy with Ncoins gifts you what you want.
That's how it was in Tera at least, probably not the safest thing to do unless you're trading with your friends.

Simple question: is the game fun?

Yes.

Top Bottom