• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Ok guys big update. Me (advisor) and Burton are going to discuss tonight on who going to be leader and advisor for the overflow guild. So everyone on wait list dont worry we going to make it late tonight.

nataku

Anyone here have Cox for their internet service? I received a warning/notification last night about my PC being "likely infected" with the Zeus Trojan/Zbot, but I've scanned my PC multiple times with multiple programs and nothing ever comes up. I've always read horrible things about GameGuard so I'm wondering if maybe it's just some false positive on Cox's end related to that thing, but who knows. Or maybe someone cracked my wifi password.

Has anyone else received some kind of warning from them since playing BNS?

It makes me super paranoid now because now I'm constantly thinking maybe all those scans just missed it and I really do have it. Cox can't seem to tell me when they detected the problem, so I can't even try to guess what it might be.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
For the overflow guild he's a list of names that we were deliberating on using for the main, toss your vote in for which one you'd like to use:

Gather Against Fate
Gaming Age Fighters
I Don't GAF
Believe II
Believe It

Hubb

Can Gon be Warlocks (when it releases)?

No, Lyn and Jin unless I am mistaken. Lyn get a number of the cool classes.

Anyone here have Cox for their internet service? I received a warning/notification last night about my PC being "likely infected" with the Zeus Trojan/Zbot, but I've scanned my PC multiple times with multiple programs and nothing ever comes up. I've always read horrible things about GameGuard so I'm wondering if maybe it's just some false positive on Cox's end related to that thing, but who knows. Or maybe someone cracked my wifi password.

Has anyone else received some kind of warning from them since playing BNS?

It makes me super paranoid now because now I'm constantly thinking maybe all those scans just missed it and I really do have it. Cox can't seem to tell me when they detected the problem, so I can't even try to guess what it might be.

Is there any chance you can call/email their support and get some clarification.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What dailies give Cinderlands Thorns? I only know of the Nekuro Daily (Vanquish the Nightmare?).

I just created a character for the Mushin server to join in on the GAF festivities.

It's an assassin like my first character which seems to fit my playstyle of what I tried out in the beta.

Hot damn leveling up takes time, only level 14 now.... But the game is fun, however I need to find some fellow Gaffers around my level

Do as many side quests as you can and preferably the ones that give you a lot of XP, it really moves things along.

ShinMaruku

Nope, they won't have access to the Warlock class.. but they will be one of the few races available to become a Soul Fighter when that releases.

Gon and Kun are special in they both have force master and soul fighter. Specifically soul fighter. 3 races have exclusive classes
Jin are Assassins
Gon are Destroyers
Lyn and Blade Dancers and Summoners

Streaming my assassin play through. Trying to hit 30 in about 4 hours:
www.twitch.tv/shinmaruku

Hubb

How long are they going to withhold these classes?

Soul fighter is officially released as far as I know, so that one will be a little bit. Warlock they said will be out sooner than you expect (1-2 months maybe). They also want EU/NA to fight at the world tournament so before that happens we need all the classes they have and the current balance patch they have.

nataku

Is there any chance you can call/email their support and get some clarification.

That's what I did, but they don't have any. They don't seem to know when this warning triggered for them, but made sure to let me know if it kept happening I'll have my internet shut down. Yay. If I could at least know the time and date it happened I might be able to pinpoint it to be related to BNS and gameguard, but oh well. Guess I just have to wait... or format my PC to be sure it's gone if it really wasn't detected in all the scans I did.

Soul fighter is officially released as far as I know, so that one will be a little bit. Warlock they said will be out sooner than you expect (1-2 months maybe). They also want EU/NA to fight at the world tournament so before that happens we need all the classes they have and the current balance patch they have.

When is the world tournament? Warlock and Soul Fighter are the two classes I was mainly interested in. SF especially since I couldn't decide between playing a Force Master or Kung Fu Master first for launch.

So I made it to Jade Village and I think I'm hitting the point where I can no longer just play the game solo. I ran into a scorpion boss that I could do like no damage to and one cave I went into just said it's difficulty is too high for one player. I have no idea how part systems in MMORPGs work.

Ferrio

Banned
So I made it to Jade Village and I think I'm hitting the point where I can no longer just play the game solo. I ran into a scorpion boss that I could do like no damage to and one cave I went into just said it's difficulty is too high for one player. I have no idea how part systems in MMORPGs work.

There should be a pillar outside that has a party request/join system. Or you could hit f7 to open it up anywhere. Just select the region you want to party in (I forget that cave's name) and you should see all the people looking for members.

Mawarup

Neo Member

Yeah those quest are usually marked as " * " so my advice would skip them since soloing them can take a while. As for the party system in this game, see the firey dragon pillars? For most of the dungeons in this game you can party up with randoms right there.

Yeah those quest are usually marked as " * " so my advice would skip them since soloing them can take a while. As for the party system in this game, see the firey dragon pillars? For most of the dungeons in this game you can party up with randoms right there.

I did not know this... going to have to try that out.

Numb

Tallest afrocious Gon destryoer girl
3V8qFHN.png
3V8qFHN.png

Alright, I'm at level 22, and I've moved to the 2nd area. I've done the dungeons so far, and I'm not really feeling the PvE. Also I haven't seen any structured PvP yet either. There's no way I'm going to make it to max level at this rate, is there anything else I could be doing to level up?

Hubb

When is the world tournament? Warlock and Soul Fighter are the two classes I was mainly interested in. SF especially since I couldn't decide between playing a Force Master or Kung Fu Master first for launch.

Sometime in the fall towards the end of the year. I don't know the exact date or if it changes year to year. It won't take us that long though to get the stuff. We still need to do our preliminaries to see who will qualify. Our ranked pvp seasons haven't even started yet and I think as soon as the Warlock releases it will start for us. It won't matter at that point if we have soulfighter or not because even KR won't have it on their live servers.

Alright, I'm at level 22, and I've moved to the 2nd area. I've done the dungeons so far, and I'm not really feeling the PvE. Also I haven't seen any structured PvP yet either. There's no way I'm going to make it to max level at this rate, is there anything else I could be doing to level up?

You can PvP to level up if you want, but otherwise it is standard MMO fair. Not sure what level the PvP kicks in, but as soon as you can you will get exp for it.

Askani

What level are you? I just did it about 2 mins ago as a solo level 16 Destroyer.

Hubb

The easiest way if you want to do those is notice the name of the place it wants you to go. Press ESC, and on your bottom menu bar look for cross server dungeon. Join the lobby, and from there select the place/area that has the quest you want and press LFP. Other people should join you pretty quickly. Once you get in the group run forward to the portal and you'll be where you need to be with your group.

bootski

I was wondering if BnS is a PVE playable game. My friends have been telling me that it's PvP only pretty much and I won't have any fun doing just PvE but I think they might be lying to stop me from having so much fun. Anyone with experience have any ideas?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was wondering if BnS is a PVE playable game. My friends have been telling me that it's PvP only pretty much and I won't have any fun doing just PvE but I think they might be lying to stop me from having so much fun. Anyone with experience have any ideas?

PVE is just like any other MMO out there so your mileage may vary

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member

PvE is mad fun dungeons espeically towards the end are here is some PVE and a end game dungeon. check out runtime like 13:30 if you want to see how fun the Dungeons really are after lvl 20s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN-DKnmHoA0

Top Bottom