• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Tabby

With the current patch in KR, you no longer have a Hongmoon weapon to upgrade as you level your way to 50. You use the best weapon you can get from Wheel / Dungeons. Once you hit lvl50, you get a Hongmoon weapon that you will begin to upgrade. I can see that change saving a lot of cash for new players, especially in the 40-50 range.

That's going to save so many keys, cash and time.

What else is different about the Lv.50 patch?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does anyone know the rules for the cost/effectiveness of weapon evolve? Like, sometimes I'll just get a blip with a 20-50 item and sometimes I'll get a nice chunk. I've noticed Tomb of the Exile drops tend to give a lot more weapon EXP than green world drops and only cost 50c whereas the green gear will cost 3s.

I unlocked end-game crafting and just saw those prices. Mother of god.

100 Soulstones is 31g on Old Man Cho!!! If you buy your mats and craft Moonwater Transformation Stones you lose 16g.

BLCKATK

Any 1v1 Arena tips? I'm pretty damn bad at it. I'm Level 29 Blade Master. I'm getting that CC is important but struggling to get escapes out of my opponents CC and maximizing my own.

Sweet Ivy

Hey everyone,
I've already been playing for a while and I was wondering when the game (what level / mission / whatever) starts to become seriously fun and challenging.

I really like all the moves / combos etc., but still feels like mostly playing Fetch / running around the map the MMORPG way.
Any pointers would be appreciated, thanks!

I'm having a little bit of trouble deciding between Blade Master and Destroyer for my main...

Does anyone know if one or the other is more heavily played or if one of the two is more needed for PvE?

Kyne

I'm having a little bit of trouble deciding between Blade Master and Destroyer for my main...

Does anyone know if one or the other is more heavily played or if one of the two is more needed for PvE?

Blade Master is more heavily played, and can act as a defensive tank in PVE.

Chariot

Hey everyone,
I've already been playing for a while and I was wondering when the game (what level / mission / whatever) starts to become seriously fun and challenging.

I really like all the moves / combos etc., but still feels like mostly playing Fetch / running around the map the MMORPG way.
You're looking for the first real dungeon, Blackram Supply Chain and duel PVP, currently.

Destroyer is easy to play.

Muddimar

Hey everyone,

What class are you playing? Just curious. I'm playing an assassin and find mobs/bosses to be extremely easy to kill.

Quonny

Just the way i like em

440.gif

I think I'm going to stick with the destroyer for right now. I'm really like the weight of the axe. Just hoping I don't get bored with it later on.

cHinzo

Got my Infernal weapon on the fourth run. :D Finally a bit lucky. The mobs are starting to do serious damage though, even with 11k HP.

Uthred

I dont think I've seen a single Viridian Quartz node, I know its an old game but non instanced nodes feels so backwards.

Edit: Is there some trick to getting the marketplace search function to work? It never returns any results

Zand

Neo Member
That's going to save so many keys, cash and time.

What else is different about the Lv.50 patch?

Not sure, understand that we will have -many- patches after getting the main lvl50 patch. It will be awhile before we get the current amount of content that KR has, but we will be up-to-date skill / class balance wise fairly soon.

Does anyone know the rules for the cost/effectiveness of weapon evolve? Like, sometimes I'll just get a blip with a 20-50 item and sometimes I'll get a nice chunk. I've noticed Tomb of the Exile drops tend to give a lot more weapon EXP than green world drops and only cost 50c whereas the green gear will cost 3s.

I unlocked end-game crafting and just saw those prices. Mother of god.

100 Soulstones is 31g on Old Man Cho!!! If you buy your mats and craft Moonwater Transformation Stones you lose 16g.

Best bet, I think is to use rare items (blues), especially at higher lvls, since using purples will become very very very expensive.

In fact, what you want to do is craft the Element Gems for Weapons and Accessories. Open your inventory, and at the bottom is a Transform/Conversion button(?), where you can craft a bunch of stuff like outfits, gem boxes...and Weapon/Acc XP gems.

Those gems are what you've gotten from various surveys/quests are you lvl'd up. You can get lucky during the craft and get -more- gems than a single gem (RNG!).

Really enjoying my Destroyer, but yeah, they are super simple to play. Maybe a little too simple.

Destroyers become more complex later on because of their CC's, they just make a group better. As a FM, I would prefer a KFM tank and a couple of Destroyers for their stuns / grabs.

cHinzo

I dont think I've seen a single Viridian Quartz node, I know its an old game but non instanced nodes feels so backwards.

The ones in Cinderland are pretty easy to find. Saw lots of them already. Problem is the lack of pickaxes. :p

Man I love the dungeon system in this game. So easy to find a party and if there are no people doing a dungeon u can just hop onto the cross-server ones. :D

Sweet Ivy

You're looking for the first real dungeon, Blackram Supply Chain and duel PVP, currently.

Destroyer is easy to play.
Thanks, I'll look into it! Mostly interested in the dungeon side.

What class are you playing? Just curious. I'm playing an assassin and find mobs/bosses to be extremely easy to kill.
I'm a Blade master and my buddy is a Kung Fu master.
Haven't tried any other class so I can't really compare!

Psyren

Well it's time to get ready to leave the office here. So going to start over with a new class methinks.

So what are the main EU server(s) GAF play on?

Effect

Well was finally able to get in last night. Worked was delayed in opening today so I figured I could stay up a little while longer. I'm not sure how I feel about the game. All I know is that I'm getting a similar feeling while playing the game that I got from ArcheAge. Not saying the games play the same or even that what I've played of Blade & Soul is badly done, it's not. However the general feeling it's producing in me is the same. Ultimately no matter how much I tried I simply couldn't keep playing ArcheAge. To many things felt off for me and I just felt like I was going through the motions and I'm getting the same initial impression from Blade & Soul. No desire to push forward or interest in seeing what happens next or how the combat will expand.

I love the character creator though and I can't wait to download the one from Black Desert to see how one works. I'm surprised it's voice acted and it's actually somewhat decent if not over the top. Writing isn't really to write home about though but that's not a fair comparison. My bar for that is somewhat high now.

Going to give it another session (which should be a few hours at best) tonight and see how I feel. That should be enough time to decide if I'm going to at least keep playing this and to see if I at least will keep it installed on my computer or not.

I'm not going to force myself though. There are a few other MMOs I still want to make time for that don't cause me to feel this way. That's on top of finishing Xenoblade.

Edit:

I do also want to reinstall TERA to check something as well. Or maybe someone can check this if they happen to have B&S and TERA installed. I have impression that while the sound is there, there is a lack of weight behind the hits in B&S. Something that stood out to me in TERA with the melee weapons when I played it. Can anyone confirm this or am I remembering wrong?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd say the only PvE challenge in this game comes from soloing certain bosses whether at the blue or purple level.

The combat system really shines in PvP, however. I suggest you try that at level 20+ to see what the classes offer.

CoLaN

Yea i would say that the huge tits are starting to become annoying, in game. Look, i like them, but it doesnt mean that i want every character in a mmo to be a woman with exagerated breasts bouncing everywhere.

I like immersion.

ShinMaruku

There is too much exaggeration on giant tits. Unless all you play with are female gons, because they have giant everything and it's lovely.

Effect

My breast slider is -5.

Don't need it when you got deez hipz.

mGsRaVc.png

Funny you mention this. I rolled a male and female Gon. It's really the hips that are distracting to me as I play the female character. I thought it would be the breast but nope.

Seishin

Have the queue issues been sorted out for this game yet?

It seems really cool (plus I have a soft spot for campy kung-fu flicks) and I have it installed and stuff but when I get home from work and load it up, by the time my turn in the queue comes up I have like... 5 minutes before I need to get ready for bed. :S

So far I've managed to get a summoner to level 4 but that's about it...

arimanius

I wasted 26 keys on that before finding mine. Yes, this RNG is fucking terrible.

I think I've spent 15 so far. I wouldn't mind the RNG if it wasn't for the keys.

Those are procs from the Gems you have in your weapon.

oh that makes perfect sense now. Thanks. I searched all over the place and couldn't find the answer.

Really enjoying my Destroyer, but yeah, they are super simple to play. Maybe a little too simple.

That's why I switched to KFM to try. So far it's enjoyable but I'm getting 100 to 0 instantly on her in pvp.

Chariot

Black Wyrm was my worst experience with B&S yet. 15 minutes of constantly dying by various means for no reward because I can't do 1% damage while dead or when he has poison pools around him. Sucked.

Funny you mention this. I rolled a male and female Gon. It's really the hips that are distracting to me as I play the female character. I thought it would be the breast but nope.
Yeah basically everything is exaggerated, it is a pain to make a normal person. You usually have to go negative if you want a normal size.

Razzorn34

Yeah basically everything is exaggerated, it is a pain to make a normal person. You usually have to go negative if you want a normal size.

Considering the exaggerated art style that the game originates from, that's the point. Hyung Tae Kim is known for it. If you want a normal looking person, you are probably playing the wrong game.

Anyway to block all the bs gold buying spam in chat? Also is it better to open chest right away or wait to level up a bit? I'm currently 6.

Vex_

Banned
Anyway to block all the bs gold buying spam in chat? Also is it better to open chest right away or wait to level up a bit? I'm currently 6.

Impossible. Those spammers are so gdlk. I block one, and it is like they know. 5 more random names start spamming.

It is like a rapidly mutating virus. Failed to kill it, and it just gets stronger, faster, better. Motherfuck.

arimanius

Wish there was a way to race change. Made my KFM a Gon but should of went Yun or Jin. Already 30, don't want to start over. Plus it would take 7 days to delete.

cHinzo

Holyshit my luck. Gonna take forever to farm the costume I want. QQ Queues are also getting big. Guess it's prime time for EU. ;__;

Edit: Also rip the price for Cinderland Transformation Stones. >_>

mkenyon

Banned
Just the overall look is starting to bug me. Plus the clipping of my weapon through my guys stomach is really bother me.

I hope that's the case. Definitely harder than the other classes I've tried.

Anyone have a good pvp and pve spec for KFM?
Weapon size is determined by hand size. I put the slider way down on my reroll, and I don't have this issue anymore. Mine was that the axe was clipping through my head.

Top Bottom