• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

arimanius

So I have a stupid question. Playing my KFM and notice there's purple and green outlines around him sometimes. Usually accompanied by a sound. What exactly does that mean?

wrongway

As stated earlier we have a sub overflow guild on Mushin Called Believe It.

Contact Ayane Kazami for invites if you are in the overflow list.
Assassin stream:
www.twitch.tv/shinmaruku
Found and added myself to the overflow list. Will try sending ya a tell again in a sec.

Does forcemaster get any better? Stopped mine at level 10 because it was boring as hell compared to a summoner

It's still pretty simple at 18. Looks like it might depend on higher level stuff and build customization to get interesting. Gonna stick it out and keep my fingers crossed. :x

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So I have a stupid question. Playing my KFM and notice there's purple and green outlines around him sometimes. Usually accompanied by a sound. What exactly does that mean?
I think purple is "crit". Not sure what green is.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so on my blademaster i got the skill dragons tongue for rmb how do i use this skill

Vex_

Banned
What are some benefits for being in a guild? Like, what's the point? Besides the obvious partying for dungeons.

1/8 chance to get your desired weapon or 12.5% chance. Unfortunate especially since you can get the weapon for a class that's not yet released

RNG was awful, I actually saw 1 cat's hat, 2 outfits (got 1 for myself) before I got to see that Lynblade (luckily there was no other LBM to compete bidding).

NeOak

What are some benefits for being in a guild? Like, what's the point? Besides the obvious partying for dungeons.

Some discounts down the line when the guild is a high rank. Also, crafted stuff that you can only get with a guild that has the crafting capability.

Vex_

Banned
So THIS is what it is like during peak hours? How do you all deal wit this lag? My character is doing everything a second later than normal.

The delay is killing me. (mushin btw)

Haly

At which level are u expected to not die in that Inferno dungeon?

I think it's just very common to die if you don't dodge certain things.

I still don't know how to dodge the final boss' room-wide shockwave. When he spins around and throws fire at people, it gives a stacking debuff that "explodes" when he does his roar. You need to either dodge the flame or dodge the roar with whatever iframe/defensive skills you have.

cHinzo

I think it's just very common to die if you don 't dodge certain things.

I still don't know how to dodge the final boss' room-wide shockwave When he spins around and throws fire at people, it gives a stacking debuff that "explodes" when he does his roar. You need to either dodge the flame or dodge the roar with whatever iframe/defensive skills you have.
Aight thanks for the info. I'm lvl 38 atm and haven't done the dungeon yet. I should just do it right? Gonna die there anyway most likely. :d

Ah ok. I was thinking maybe it was a combo thing or something

btw once I got to the desert zone the amount of people playing assassins quadrupled. They are all over the place.
A friend of mine plays assassin and had trouble getting a corrupted dagger for his breakthrough. The price of a dagger is double of other classes lol. Assassins seem to be really popular.

Reszo

Whoa my premium ran out last night and I am not use to this long queue. 1898 in line? 276mins, lol why is it so bad?

Haly

Aight thanks for the info. I'm lvl 38 atm and haven't done the dungeon yet. I should just do it right? Gonna die there anyway most likely.

Yeah it's no big deal. No one cares about dying in this game because every dungeon is a zerg fest and there's no need to res/walk like in others.

The ONLY time I got pissed enough to ragequit was when I was in a group with 4 other assassins, who were all dying because they couldn't dodge for shit (I wasn't much better but I stayed alive more than the others).

Comparing it at the same times (22.10 for both regions) would have been a better representation.

Don't complain to me, it's not my Facebook and I didn't do that.

Aight thanks for the info. I'm lvl 38 atm and haven't done the dungeon yet. I should just do it right? Gonna die there anyway most likely. :d

Everyone doing it now is like on their 14th farm for their weapon. Even if you die, they won't. Just go in there and wreck shit.

For the final boss, when he fills the entire arena with a pulsing ground AoE, when the first red fill goes out, wait 1 second then mash your SS to effortlessly dodge the big attack and look like you're pro as fuck on your first run.

arimanius

A friend of mine plays assassin and had trouble getting a corrupted dagger for his breakthrough. The price of a dagger is double of other classes lol. Assassins seem to be really popular.

I noticed the exact same thing. I had to buy my corrupted gauntlets and it only cost me 3 silver. I sold corrupted assassin daggers for 11 silver. They were the most expensive out of all the classes.

Haly

Time to lose at PVP.
crazy.gif

Corrupted Lynblades were 18s on Old Man Cho today.

Too many people want to be fluffies. They don't understand that BD is the lowest DPS in endgame PvE, even lower than the tanks (KFM and BM). BD is a utility/support class, you're expected to do stuff like grab the boss and help with stuns and KDs. You're not the big dick DPS, if you're after big numbers roll an Assassin, FM, or SMN.

The BD population will die down pretty fast, especially after the 50 patch when BD gets nerfed straight to hell and even Destros do more DPS while having better utility/support skills.

BD isn't even top-tier in PvP in Korea now and hasn't been for awhile, it's been nerfed pretty bad in PvP too and multiple classes will just shit on a BD in PvP at 50 cap. At best BD is regarded as mid-tier PvP in Korea and the numbers of BD in Top 10 and Top 100 in Korea reflect that.

There really isn't any good reason to play BD and I wish everyone else would quit playing it so I won't have as much trouble getting parties at 50 cap a few months from now.

This game is starting to piss me off more and more as i discover things.

-A cap on how many items you can sell on the market place daily.
-A cap of 40 completed daily quests.
-Selling items to the NPC gives you 1 freaking copper.(Not like it helps against gold selling)
-A crafting system that has got to be the worst i have ever seen in a MMO(I just love being walled by ridiculous timers)
-Wardrobe is behind a paywall(free on every other version)
-2 character slots(5 everywhere else)
-Premium tiers(tier 8 costs something like 400$)
-NCoin bundle amounts, if i want to buy premium don't make me buy 1200 coins when i only need a 1000 for sub.
-Lack of content.

Most of the issues i have with the game issues seem to relate to NCsofts greed.

A decent/good game ruined by a greedy company.

Too many people want to be fluffies. They don't understand that BD is the lowest DPS in endgame PvE, even lower than the tanks (KFM and BM). BD is a utility/support class, you're expected to do stuff like grab the boss and help with stuns and KDs. You're not the big dick DPS, if you're after big numbers roll an Assassin, FM, or SMN.

The BD population will die down pretty fast, especially after the 50 patch when BD gets nerfed straight to hell and even Destros do more DPS while having better utility/support skills.

BD isn't even top-tier in PvP in Korea now and hasn't been for awhile, it's been nerfed pretty bad in PvP too and multiple classes will just shit on a BD in PvP at 50 cap. At best BD is regarded as mid-tier PvP in Korea and the numbers of BD in Top 10 and Top 100 in Korea reflect that.

There really isn't any good reason to play BD and I wish everyone else would quit playing it so I won't have as much trouble getting parties at 50 cap a few months from now.

You seem really passionate about this.

For the record I don't play BD. I play KFM and Summoner. I was just looking at prices.

This game is starting to piss me off more and more as i discover things.

-A cap on how many items you can sell on the market place daily.
-A cap of 40 completed daily quests.
-Selling items to the NPC gives you 1 freaking copper.(Not like it helps against gold selling)
-A crafting system that has got to be the worst i have ever seen in a MMO(I just love being walled by ridiculous timers)
-Wardrobe is behind a paywall(free on every other version)
-2 character slots(5 everywhere else)
-Premium tiers(tier 8 costs something like 400$)
-NCoin bundle amounts, if i want to buy premium don't make me buy 1200 coins when i only need a 1000 for sub.
-Lack of content.

Most of the issues i have with the game issues seem to relate to NCsofts greed.

A decent/good game ruined by a greedy company.

I enjoyed the game right up until the point I found out about Moonwater Transfer Stones or whatever they are called.

I might just pvp only. I have more work this week anyways so I can't play often anymore.

Haly

I think the crafting system is unintuitive but I understand and agree with the reasoning behind it. By allowing new crafters to quickly close the gap in profit-making with veteran crafters, they prevent the common MMO problem where professions become useless unless you're doing some super-end game crafting with a massive bank account to fund your market PvP. The timer-based crafting also puts a cap on deflation of material prices, something most other games never really figured out. It's a system that really looks to the long term. Also I like how the supply chains all intersect so no one's totally useless (except the food and potion guys).

The other stuff, yeah, NCSoft gonna NCSoft.

Uthred

The character slots and the wardrobe are particularly grating. Is the game F2P in other territories and we're just getting done?

I enjoyed the game right up until the point I found out about Moonwater Transfer Stones or whatever they are called.

I might just pvp only. I have more work this week anyways so I can't play often anymore.

In beta they used to give 1 for free so you could actually get your weapon to 45. Now it costs around 15G in total just for that 1 breakthrough.

Paprikka

I think it's just very common to die if you don't dodge certain things.

I still don't know how to dodge the final boss' room-wide shockwave. When he spins around and throws fire at people, it gives a stacking debuff that "explodes" when he does his roar. You need to either dodge the flame or dodge the roar with whatever iframe/defensive skills you have.

If you have a force master in your party, we can use a shield spell that blocks all the fire he throws out for everyone under it, so even if you don't iframe the shockwave it doesn't kill you. We even get a big prompt in the middle of the screen telling us to use it, though I'd imagine it still doesn't see much use in random pugs.

Top Bottom