• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If you have a force master in your party, we can use a shield spell that blocks all the fire he throws out for everyone under it, so even if you don't iframe the shockwave it doesn't kill you. We even get a big prompt in the middle of the screen telling us to use it, though I'd imagine it still doesn't see much use in random pugs.

Yeah see, in our 5-Sin group we had one FM and I don't think he used anything like that, or notified us of it.

I would say one of the games weakest aspects is that it never teaches you about other classes. By this point in FFXIV or WoW, I had a good idea of what most other classes did but with BnS it's ???.

I'm 5-2 in PvP tonight. It's fun. I lost to a far better Sin and a BM I had no idea how to handle (though I threw one round by stepping away fro the computer).

Too many people want to be fluffies. They don't understand that BD is the lowest DPS in endgame PvE, even lower than the tanks (KFM and BM). BD is a utility/support class, you're expected to do stuff like grab the boss and help with stuns and KDs. You're not the big dick DPS, if you're after big numbers roll an Assassin, FM, or SMN.

The BD population will die down pretty fast, especially after the 50 patch when BD gets nerfed straight to hell and even Destros do more DPS while having better utility/support skills.

BD isn't even top-tier in PvP in Korea now and hasn't been for awhile, it's been nerfed pretty bad in PvP too and multiple classes will just shit on a BD in PvP at 50 cap. At best BD is regarded as mid-tier PvP in Korea and the numbers of BD in Top 10 and Top 100 in Korea reflect that.

There really isn't any good reason to play BD and I wish everyone else would quit playing it so I won't have as much trouble getting parties at 50 cap a few months from now.

Source? The only thing I can find is some adjustments to the force grab.

If you have a force master in your party, we can use a shield spell that blocks all the fire he throws out for everyone under it, so even if you don't iframe the shockwave it doesn't kill you. We even get a big prompt in the middle of the screen telling us to use it, though I'd imagine it still doesn't see much use in random pugs.

You should pretend there is no prompt there TBH.

At endgame, the 4-man versions of dungeons do not have those casting bars nor do they have the ground AoE indicators. It's like how Tera used to be, you gotta know the boss tells and when to do stuff or you'll get a face full of rekt.

Source? The only thing I can find is some adjustments to the force grab.

This is probably the most recent thread I've seen on Dojo about it but it's been argued about a lot there. If I was truly bored I could find many threads there.

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/138651-2-questions-regarding-the-bd/

Fuz

Banned
PVP is absolutely fantastic. Holy shit.
Arenas are TONS of fun, it's amazing. And this comes from someone who always *hated* WoW arenas (ex-DAoC player - I like open world pvp). I'm having so much fun with this.
The combat is really awesome.
Never thought this game could have been so good.

Finaika

PVP is absolutely fantastic. Holy shit.
Arenas are TONS of fun, it's amazing. And this comes from someone who always *hated* WoW arenas (ex-DAoC player - I like open world pvp). I'm having so much fun with this.
The combat is really awesome.
Never thought this game could have been so good.

How's the PVE?

Fuz

Banned
How's the PVE?

I like it, but keep in mind this is a Korean F2P. So, tons of little annoyances and pushes to spend your money in the (overpriced) cash shop. I'm not at cap so I don't know how it will be (usually, at cap is the worst of the worst), but for now it's annoying but manageable.
Quests are pretty typical, but they're well organized and you won't have to run around endlessly like in other games. Quite a lot of solo dungeons and, been mainly a solo player, I love them. Combat is fantastic, as I've already said, but in dungeons it's just confusing. The world PVE/PVP mix is an excellent idea and it's really quite fun.

Haly

Multiple golden deva weapons for every single class but mine. The RNG in that game sucks.

I decided early on not to use too many microtransactions but I did buy a key for Deva.

Thankfully i lucked out with Infernal Dagger and it's just waiting in my stash for the right time.

Effect

The wait to get in the game is insane. :( Increasingly thinking I made a mistake bothering to install this so soon after it's release. Only been able to create two characters so far and have yet to be able to get into the game proper. Guess I'll try again tomorrow night.

Ahahaha, I got the Pinchy outfit 2 essences in a row.

I'm a Lyn though so I just look like a teddie bear and I love it.

I assume the head is also animal themed.

Haly

Are they going to copy the patches verbatim?

I feel like with the benefit of hindsight they can streamline the balance instantly by picking and choosing the best buffs/nerfs.

Brokun

I feel like with the benefit of hindsight they can streamline the balance instantly by picking and choosing the best buffs/nerfs.

The question is can we trust NCSoft with that hindsight?

Hubb

Well they want us on the same patch as KR asap, they don't want us to have a difference balance. As soon as they release Warlock, they are going to give us the level 50 balance patch which will put the balance at parity with KR. The whole point is they want people from EU/NA to qualify and have a chance at playing in the world tournament, but if we have a different balance patch that wouldn't be possible.

We aren't going to follow whatever the road to current KR balance is, once we get level 50 we will have their current end game balance patch.

Haly

3000 NCoins - Apply the next patch's balance changes on one of your current characters.

EDIT: Oh, I see. I thought they were going to roll them out one by one instead of all in one go.

just dreading the time between now and 50 meta

just gonna be beyblade world championships every tournament

LMAO, it's the Destro spin you should be worried about. The BD spin does minimal damage and if you don't attack the BD during the spin you won't get stunned. It's not rocket science what you should do when a BD spins, but good luck if a Destro is spinning and you're inside his 8m spin radius.

Got the achievement for soloing the Tomb of Exile boss. It took me the 2nd try to beat him, the first time I died when I tried to take a snapshot when he had 10% hp. My photo skills are complete buttcheeks. The Dagger Beak Roostery boss is the worst boss to solo because of that really crappy boss mechanic. He flies up in the air and it takes 30 shots with the guns on the ground to bring him down while he shoots unblockable aoes that knock you down every 5 seconds. The gun skills are just shoot, so when you pick one up, you lose all the skills your class had. I had Illyasviel and Safflower come in and help me beat that boss because the solo vids for that guy is basically have enough hp to eat any hits and keep shooting. So thanks to you guys for that. Also I got Dark Sandstorm from the bird. It's in the pic below, basically a bra, tattoos, and jncos.

in3Jr2x.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Got the full Stinger set, tried it on and the game crashed seconds later. Now I can't get back in. All good tho!

Too lewd for you, the game knew and saved you from it

Got the achievement for soloing the Tomb of Exile boss. It took me the 2nd try to beat him, the first time I died when I tried to take a snapshot when he had 10% hp. My photo skills are complete buttcheeks. The Dagger Beak Roostery boss is the worst boss to solo because of that really crappy boss mechanic. He flies up in the air and it takes 30 shots with the guns on the ground to bring him down while he shoots unblockable aoes that knock you down every 5 seconds. The gun skills are just shoot, so when you pick one up, you lose all the skills your class had. I had Illyasviel and Safflower come in and help me beat that boss because the solo vids for that guy is basically have enough hp to eat any hits and keep shooting. So thanks to you guys for that. Also I got Dark Sandstorm from the bird. It's in the pic below, basically a bra, tattoos, and jncos.

in3Jr2x.jpg

I'd like to try solo challenges but I don't have the computer for it.

I would die on the first enemy due to my computer locking up for around 5-10 seconds mostly when I start combat.

Haly

That is really impressive, man. I have to try that sometime but I'm too scared of dying and having to repair.

Do you just skip all the trash or do you do them too?

That is really impressive, man. I have to try that sometime but I'm too scared of dying and having to repair.

Do you just skip all the trash or do you do them too?

First time through I kill everything. If I'm farming for a drop from the boss, I would just skip trash because exp from those mobs don't seem to be too big of a deal. I'm also playing Assassin stealth build, which makes it really easy for me to just stealth up and start stabbing. Once I get some alts leveled up, I probably would need to really learn how to fight when the boss can see me 24/7 lol.

Also each time you die, it takes off 5 durability, so you still have a lot of chances before your weapon actually breaks. I never had a weapon break before, and I mostly solo unless I want to farm quickly or that stupid Rookery and it's stupid boss mechanics.

Haly

Do you have any videos you used as a model for your runs?

As an aside, fighting Destroyer as Sin absolutely sucks ass.

Why can't I Slipping Lotus out of their grip? I had this problem with BD as well but I figured out I just needed to wait a second. But it never worked against this Des I fought twice.

I wonder if I'm just not lagging really badly and I don't notice it because Sin controls the pace against every other class.

60ms according to Resource Manager, maybe it was on the Des' end.

DrAg0nBoY

Looking for the last soul shield to drop from Blackram is stupid ...

And I looked up what I need to evolve my ring and necklace, so I need then to farm for that also.

Oh well, it is atleast nice to play so early in the morning because there are no queues and there are still enough people to do dungeons with.

Do you have any videos you used as a model for your runs?

I go in blind usually. It's only when I'm stumped on some mechanic or attack that I try to look up something. I type in Blade and Soul Tomb of Exile on youtube, there is a decent amount of vids of a solo, since this game has been out for a while. But generally for Assassin, you just need to rotate around your options in stealth, properly use decoy, and remember that you have iframes on backstep and shadow slip to help you go through things. I also spec into smoke screen that allows me to go into stealth (it's down the shuriken skill tree), for when it gets hairy and I can't proc a stealth like from hook kick or shadow dash at the moment. It's useful for Tomb of Exile last boss because if you pop it when he is preparing the Hail (throwing all those fireballs) they will all miss you. Though you would get hit by the ground aoe he charges up on that other arena wide OHKO if you try to smoke screen, you have to iframe that.

Kudo

Reading that BD's are bad in upcoming patches is little worrying as I'm already set in heart on playing one.
Then again who knows if they get buffed in upcoming patches.

Even if I roll 1s on every roll for the next 16 days, I'll get Regium Corvus before time's up.

Half-way through Dash myself too, I think this one's is in the bag.
I hope next month they switch the costumes and we get Regium Corvus too in EU, though I like the EU costume too.

ShinMaruku

Some patches will be rolled in with others. Like for example the Mushin and warlock patch are rolled in. The next patch which would ideally be rolled in is 3.1 and Chapter 5 then the next update would have us concurrent with Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAU4qi9alPQ
I was having too much fun channeling my DOA 5 characters in this game.

Short clip of me soloing a dungeon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGHIF3lZAvo

Ayane dancing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeWBB7rXerw
People are asking for build and class help so I will list my two main characters' trees and the idea behind them:
Force Master: I have 3 builds 2 are viable now, the others will take the next patch to work out.
Build 1: Aoe Build, this is nothing but AOE
https://bnstree.com/FM?build=450000...251312354130023120112662324133110232393224311
I basically use gravity feild drop meteor shower , then cast arctic spirit and then either blaze palm or I send out 2 blaze spirits for my aoe
Build 2: Burn build utilizing burn to pump out the most damage:
https://bnstree.com/FM?build=450000...251332352130023120212413226321239222431141011
Build 3: Flame Frost build with great aoe and control. You need gear for it so it's not viable now.
https://bnstree.com/FM?build=450000...235333002312021266232413211033263212392241011

Assassin Perma stelth anicancel build:
https://bnstree.com/AS?build=450000...008411112300511199210123114223006230092121421

Later I will refine my build after testing.

Zand

Neo Member
Does forcemaster get any better? Stopped mine at level 10 because it was boring as hell compared to a summoner

Sorry to say, but the FM takes the longest to ramp up. Once you start using skill points things will get better, but you're looking at being in the 20's before you'll see the difference. Well worth leveling up though....Windstorm is so fun.

Stalk

Tried to log on last night, EU, cripes... I even decided part way to buy the student pack for a starter thing... premium queue doesn't seem much better. Enjoyed what I tried in the closed beta though so looking forward to this.

Psyren

So got the game sorted the weekend, made an FM, and got to play to around Level 10 or so...

Don't really want to have to make a Lyn to play as Summoner, so eh i dono, i guess i'll roll a new Blade Master tonight and see how that goes...

Chariot

Hey is there any weapon variety? It just seems like you...feed weapons to your starting weapon endlessly?
Yeah. But you can make your weapon look like most of the weapons you find. And I heard in later content you can retire the Hongmoon Weapon for something else. But for now? Yes, feed your weapon.

Hey is there any weapon variety? It just seems like you...feed weapons to your starting weapon endlessly?

I don't see the functional/gameplay difference between

A. Having to find better weapons every 5-10 levels and equipping the new weapons.

B. Having to find certain weapons every 5-10 levels to make your current weapon better, with a change in looks every 10-ish levels.

Plus what Chariot said.

Zand

Neo Member
Looking for the last soul shield to drop from Blackram is stupid ...

And I looked up what I need to evolve my ring and necklace, so I need then to farm for that also.

Oh well, it is atleast nice to play so early in the morning because there are no queues and there are still enough people to do dungeons with.

You're not done farming the SS set from Pohwaran even after you get 8 pieces, since there is RNG involved with the stats you get...so some blues from Poh24 can have better stats than a purple from Poh4/6. =)

About accessories. Upgrade them until you need the Siren stuff, then stop...way way way too pricey at this point in the game to try to upgrade further.

Rather, try to farm Blackwyrm for its Ring, which is awesome. Then farm Dreadtide Arena final boss Naksun for his necklace (always drops, some RNG on stats though), both of those are better than the Hongmoon item until you upgrade to Siren.

Zand

Neo Member
Yeah. But you can make your weapon look like most of the weapons you find. And I heard in later content you can retire the Hongmoon Weapon for something else. But for now? Yes, feed your weapon.

With the current patch in KR, you no longer have a Hongmoon weapon to upgrade as you level your way to 50. You use the best weapon you can get from Wheel / Dungeons. Once you hit lvl50, you get a Hongmoon weapon that you will begin to upgrade. I can see that change saving a lot of cash for new players, especially in the 40-50 range.

Top Bottom