• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Mawarup

Neo Member
So after rez from the Terror fight, I accidently hit 3 while doing so and now clueless as to where my faction outfit is at. My inventory was full at the time so I don't know where it went. If its lost to the abyss, where do I go get a new one?

Considering the exaggerated art style that the game originates from, that's the point. Hyung Tae Kim is known for it. If you want a normal looking person, you are probably playing the wrong game.
Yeah i get it is a style but i rather my character not look weird and inhuman.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So after rez from the Terror fight, I accidently hit 3 while doing so and now clueless as to where my faction outfit is at. My inventory was full at the time so I don't know where it went. If its lost to the abyss, where do I go get a new one?
You can buy more from the clothing merchant in any major city and most small cities unless you're referring to other factions.

arimanius

Ferrio

Banned
You'll be fine. 120 is the margin of error in PVP.

Still makes pulling off cancels harder than someone running a 40 ping. That and I'm not quite sure if 100 is really my ping since there's no ingame tool. I have to trust outside tools, and those are for only brief snapshots.

I swear the game is lagging more than those tools suggest, especially in dungeons.

ShinMaruku

Still makes pulling off cancels harder than someone running a 40 ping. That and I'm not quite sure if 100 is really my ping since there's no ingame tool. I have to trust outside tools, and those are for only brief snapshots.

I swear the game is lagging more than those tools suggest, especially in dungeons.

Let's put it this way a guy from Korea is wrecking people at 300 ping.

That said if you can land the 3rf combo and know how to bait stuns, 100 is perfectly workable. I know of a few people with 100 ping doing work on KFM.

Ferrio

Banned
Let's put it this way a guy from Korea is wrecking people at 300 ping.

That said if you can land the 3rf combo and know how to bait stuns, 100 is perfectly workable. I know of a few people with 100 ping doing work on KFM.

Is it possible to win matches without 3rf? Because even if I'm able to do it, I'm going to hate if I'm forced to do a single tactic to win matches.

ShinMaruku

Is it possible to win matches without 3rf? Because even if I'm able to do it, I'm going to hate if I'm forced to do a single tactic to win matches.

Oh it's very possible, you can keep up stun and burst people down. 3rf is just special because the full combo will kill in 1 stun on KFM.

Uthred

Is it possible to start the game without it?

Right now i'm permastuck on a "repair" for 85 byte file

Stick this in a bat file, stick the batfile in your Bns\bin\ directory, region 1 is EU not sure if the US is 0 or 2

start client.exe /launchbylauncher /sesskey /CompanyID: "12" /ChannelGroupIndex: "-1" /LoginMode 2 -lang:English -region:1

You still have to sign in with username, password and pin and then click on the annoying fucking TOS (EVERY TIME), all it does is bypass the launcher and its constant repair nonsense (handy if youre using voicepacks as well)

Zand

Neo Member
beginning to infuse my Sacrifice Soul Shield. What stats should a PvE built KFM lean towards?

Current stats:

Crit, Accuracy, HP should be primary. If you're planning on being a tank...like a lot of people will expect you to be (KFM's are tanks), you might through some Def/Block in there. So if you roll a SS that has a good combo of those stats, take it.

Haly

I think most classes have a BnB because of the nature of cooldowns and CC.

Razzorn34

The thing is, burst damage is king in PvP. KFM doesn't have much burst as a whole. Without 3rf, it really is an up hill battle compared to other classes DPS. I'm sure you could do without it somehow, but I haven't seen any PvP builds without it.

Psyren

Well it seems i finally got it to launch, but i can't seem to get past the intro screen after popping in my PIN...

omg -_____________-

EDIT: Seems the servers are getting hammered badly tonight...

Stick this in a bat file, stick the batfile in your Bns\bin\ directory, region 1 is EU not sure if the US is 0 or 2

start client.exe /launchbylauncher /sesskey /CompanyID: "12" /ChannelGroupIndex: "-1" /LoginMode 2 -lang:English -region:1

You still have to sign in with username, password and pin and then click on the annoying fucking TOS (EVERY TIME), all it does is bypass the launcher and its constant repair nonsense (handy if youre using voicepacks as well)

Ah ok i'll do this. Thanks!

Razzorn34

Oh it's very possible, you can keep up stun and burst people down. 3rf is just special because the full combo will kill in 1 stun on KFM.

Any good builds that don't focus on 3rf? I also hate that almost every build axes using grabs in favor of Amplification, which is one of the reasons I like the class. They have great uses for PvP.

Lemonheap

Banned
My inventory is full and I'm a very confused level 11. What should I keep and what should I get rid of? Also here's my character.

d3gh8Lq.jpg

Haly

Take a pic of your inventory.

Also were you using the stash? It's the chest icon on the map.

thanks. are there any combo lists for these builds? its a completely different from the setup from what i had before.

Crit, Accuracy, HP should be primary. If you're planning on being a tank...like a lot of people will expect you to be (KFM's are tanks), you might through some Def/Block in there. So if you roll a SS that has a good combo of those stats, take it.

Awesome. TY

Lemonheap

Banned
Take a pic of your inventory.

Also were you using the stash? It's the chest icon on the map.

Ok, not entirely full yet, but kind of. I know I can expaqnd the inventory with some of the bag items I have procured, but I'm scared to use them for someone to say "you shouldn't have done that you idiot"

S3j88UG.jpg

Ferrio

Banned

The thing is, burst damage is king in PvP. KFM doesn't have much burst as a whole. Without 3rf, it really is an up hill battle compared to other classes DPS. I'm sure you could do without it somehow, but I haven't seen any PvP builds without it.

Okay. Feel like I should of picked assassin, but way too many people are them already :(

Haly

Ok, not entirely full yet, but kind of. I know I can expaqnd the inventory with some of the bag items I have procured, but I'm scared to use them for someone to say "you shouldn't have done that you idiot"
I know the feeling.

At the bottom right, the four squares will sort your items.

Use the blue soul shields (stalker set?)

The hammer icon lets you salvage gear and shields. Salvage green ones and excess blue ones for a very small chance at getting mats you'll need later.

Feed extra weapons into your Hongmoon weapon. They're only useful for glamours. Dont bother unsealing them unless you need it for breakthrough (Max weapon level upgrade).

Open that soul shield pack there.

Most sealed chests are better off sold because the gear inside is rarely worth 10s, the keys' market value. The only exception is when you need a breakthrough item that comes from a chest.

The Dragon pouches have no use except for inventory expansion so go ahead and use them.

Put the Training Axe into your stash if you want to keep it for whatever reason.

Use essences at the Wheel of Fate to complete your Stalker Soul Shield set.

Stash the Quartz and the Poison. They're crafting materials you can't use at the moment since you don't have professions.

I would say sell the jugs. The resources they gather sell for a pittance that it's almost not worth the time unless it's already in your path, and even then it sells for 1, maybe 2 copper.

Do not use Seals, Keys and Repair hammers wantonly. They're very pricey items for new characters. Only repair when your weapon is borderline broke (or just plain broke). I think those basic repair hammers only go up to 10 so you can sell them too.

Quonny

How the fuck is a Destroyer supposed to beat a Force Master?

I just get rooted, break out with my one break out ability, then get rooted for days.

I mean, I just don't get it. There is literally nothing I can do.

Eridani

thanks. are there any combo lists for these builds? its a completely different from the setup from what i had before.

For PvP, THIS video should contain most of the popular ones (this is what people refer to with 3rf). As for PvE, I'm not really sure how many combos you even need for that. I do know that using lmb and 2 with animation cancelling (referred to as the 2r combo) works pretty well, since it deals great damage with almost no focus cost. Hopefully someone else can elaborate more on the PvE side of things.

NeOak

Have the queue issues been sorted out for this game yet?

It seems really cool (plus I have a soft spot for campy kung-fu flicks) and I have it installed and stuff but when I get home from work and load it up, by the time my turn in the queue comes up I have like... 5 minutes before I need to get ready for bed. :S

So far I've managed to get a summoner to level 4 but that's about it...
Yes, they have been sorted out. If you are premium.

Pleb queue is always fucked.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh and if anyone needs a Serpent Calling Bell crafted just message me in game (Tellen on Mushin). I'll need the mats though, and I wouldn't be surprised if the base mats cost more than the bell itself.

20 x Grey Clay
1 x Pine Sap
1 x Cinderlands Thorn

I could probably supply the grey clay myself mattering how much I have on hand, only a 40 min craft time.

Haly

Leveling at Soul Warden 3 is all but impossible.

Lemonheap

Banned
I know the feeling.

At the bottom right, the four squares will sort your items.

Use the blue soul shields (stalker set?)

The hammer icon lets you salvage gear and shields. Salvage green ones and excess blue ones for a very small chance at getting mats you'll need later.

Feed extra weapons into your Hongmoon weapon. They're only useful for glamours. Dont bother unsealing them unless you need it for breakthrough (Max weapon level upgrade).

Open that soul shield pack there.

Most sealed chests are better off sold because the gear inside is rarely worth 10s, the keys' market value. The only exception is when you need a breakthrough item that comes from a chest.

The Dragon pouches have no use except for inventory expansion so go ahead and use them.

Put the Training Axe into your stash if you want to keep it for whatever reason.

Use essences at the Wheel of Fate to complete your Stalker Soul Shield set.

Stash the Quartz and the Poison. They're crafting materials you can't use at the moment since you don't have professions.

I would say sell the jugs. The resources they gather sell for a pittance that it's almost not worth the time unless it's already in your path, and even then it sells for 1, maybe 2 copper.

Do not use Seals, Keys and Repair hammers wantonly. They're very pricey items for new characters. Only repair when your weapon is borderline broke (or just plain broke). I think those basic repair hammers only go up to 10 so you can sell them too.

Damn, man. That cleared everything up. Thanks!

Is it safe to mine every ore I find or should I save my picks?

Haly

Is it safe to mine every ore I find or should I save my picks?
It's safe. There's only one kind of pick for one kind of ore and the respawn timers are enormous. The ore sells for a lot as well. If you don't need to level with it I suggest selling them since a lot of other classes use them to level.

demented

Can't ever find any ore or wells ._.
Is student pack worth it ? Also found a month of premium for like 5$ on some sites so not sure about that either. I like the game because it's easy and distracting but not sure about endgame and what I'll do, a lot of faults with the game so not keen on investing if I don't have to but I never know how long I'll play it and 5$ might be worth it, if anything for extra rolls on daily dash haha, thoughts?

Lemonheap

Banned
Can't ever find any ore or wells ._.
Is student pack worth it ? Also found a month of premium for like 5$ on some sites so not sure about that either. I like the game because it's easy and distracting but not sure about endgame and what I'll do, a lot of faults with the game so not keen on investing if I don't have to but I never know how long I'll play it and 5$ might be worth it, if anything for extra rolls on daily dash haha, thoughts?

5$ feels like an easy thing to swallow for one month, and you'll likely know if you want to keep on doing it after a month. I haven't paid for it myself for the same reason, but it seems reasonable.

MikeyMike

Started yesterday... must have played the whole day and I am now around lvl 20 with a SMN. Great looking and very polished for a F2P MMO.

Since a lot revolves around money, the gold spammers are extremely annoying in this game.

Will have a few questions once I get back from work...

Top Bottom