• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Fuz

Banned
RNG is killing the game for me.
The game itself is SO GOOD, but this stupid RNG is atrocious. It was bad since almost the beginning and it got progressively worse, I'm now farming Pinchy for the outfit and... well, you guys know how it is.
It's really killing my will to play.
And I'm pretty positive it will only get worse as I progress.

Why do you always do this, Korea? WHY?

Ferrio

Banned
The game itself is SO GOOD, but this stupid RNG is atrocious. It was bad since almost the beginning and it got progressively worse, I'm now farming Pinchy for the outfit and... well, you guys know how it is.

To be fair you (and me for that matter) are farming a completely optional cosmetic item. Being rare isn't a bad thing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There will be other asses.

There will be other windows.

It's time to let go.

Related, I'm very disappointed at the lack of manservice in this game. TERA was much better about this, and so is FFXIV.

I feel like they seriously fucked up the Soulstone item somewhere. It's so critical for some profession but it's impossible to get in large amounts? I guess after a year of level 45's farming the end-game dungeons forever the supply will eventually overtake demand but Soul Warden is basically useless right now unless you have clanmates feeding you materials for Transformation crafting.

Brokun

I'm only level 41, but Pinchy is so far the worst, mainly because you only get 1 or 2 essences if you're lucky. But mostly 1. The Lycan wheel which is the next one after Pinchy was much easier. I was always getting 2 essences, sometimes 3. It only took me about 3-4 hours to get the Lycan outfit and both the head piece and back adornment. Whereas Pinchy took me 3 days.

So while it may seem like the design is that it only gets worse, it in fact has gotten better. Much much better.

Uthred

Can't ever find any ore or wells ._.
Is student pack worth it ? Also found a month of premium for like 5$ on some sites so not sure about that either. I like the game because it's easy and distracting but not sure about endgame and what I'll do, a lot of faults with the game so not keen on investing if I don't have to but I never know how long I'll play it and 5$ might be worth it, if anything for extra rolls on daily dash haha, thoughts?

Student packs worth it for the queues alone, if you could get premium for a month for a fiver I'd definitely suggest jumping on that

That Naksun fight at level 40/41 in the Dreadtide arena was amazing. Hardest PVE content in the game so far and was almost like playing a 1v1 PVP match. It totally caught me off guard. In some ways it reminded me of fighting Maat in FFXI. I wish there were more encounters like this throughout the game but if that was the case people might just quit.. lol

ShinMaruku

Well, I thought the game was all about the ass??
noQWzCU.gif

chualie

What is the policy on joining the GAF Overflow Guild. I have a character already on the main guild but want to join the Overflow guild with 2 RL friends who are gaffers. Can I join the overflow guild?

Rafy

Can't ever find any ore or wells ._.
Is student pack worth it ? Also found a month of premium for like 5$ on some sites so not sure about that either. I like the game because it's easy and distracting but not sure about endgame and what I'll do, a lot of faults with the game so not keen on investing if I don't have to but I never know how long I'll play it and 5$ might be worth it, if anything for extra rolls on daily dash haha, thoughts?

Where did you find it for 5 bucks?

Alrus

My main issue with the wheels outside of the annoying rng is that you're competing with a lot of other players just to activate that. It's slow as fuck during high traffic hours and it makes a relatively time consuming and boring grind even worse.

Also Pinchy fucking sucks, stupid burrowing mechanics that artificially prolong the fight.

Is the overflow GAF guild still open? And I am so glad for the cross-server lobby, always finding people to do dungeons this is an awesome feature.

Ferrio

Banned
My main issue with the wheels outside of the annoying rng is that you're competing with a lot of other players just to activate that. It's slow as fuck during high traffic hours and it makes a relatively time consuming and boring grind even worse.

Also Pinchy fucking sucks, stupid burrowing mechanics that artificially prolong the fight.

And he can resist the bombs, how fucking stupid is that.

Haly

And he can resist the bombs, how fucking stupid is that.

I'm pretty sure he can't. The bombs just sometime miss. Pinchy's hitbox and the bomb's hitbox are much smaller than advertised.

Tabby

Just collect a bunch of the stones and when you're done switch to a different channel.

And yeah fuck Pinchy.
I'm pretty sure he can't. The bombs just sometime miss. Pinchy's hitbox and the bomb's hitbox are much smaller than advertised.

I'm pretty sure it hits but he dodges it, that's why it says "resisted".

Ferrio

Banned
Was somebody above him when you threw it?

Not that I think, but this happens 100% of the time when my bomb doesn't get him outta the ground. Pretty sure there is no missing, just him resisting and people not noticing it since it's hard to spot the words.

Disxo

Ok, level 9 assasin now on US server morath (thats the name I think),

This combat is awesome, doing combos is so much fun, what an awesome and addicting experience, I have a doubt though: Are missions going to get better?, they are so unoriginal.

Tabby

Ok, level 9 assasin now on US server morath (thats the name I think),

This combat is awesome, doing combos is so much fun, what an awesome and addicting experience, I have a doubt though: Are missions going to get better?, they are so unoriginal.

Nah the missions are pretty boring. From what I've heard PVP is where it's at.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Im 43 right now and looking forward to cap. That said, there still a lot i dont know about. I assume i will be doing dailies for gear abd such but what is Soul Shield fusing? I cant find any info on it. I guess i will also doce into PVP with gaffers as well.

Warning: i suck. Lol

Lemonheap

Banned
So will there ever be an outfit without high heels? Once I discovered that all of them seem to feature it I got kind of sad. I've always thought that high heels are exceptionally dumb looking footwear.

Haly

BTW what costume is the one with the feathery arms?

Chariot

Im 43 right now and looking forward to cap. That said, there still a lot i dont know about. I assume i will be doing dailies for gear abd such but what is Soul Shield fusing? I cant find any info on it. I guess i will also doce into PVP with gaffers as well.

Warning: i suck. Lol
Don't look forward to it. There is little to do once you finished the story at the moment. Running Poh 24 and 6, Big Four, PVP dailies in the Misty Woods and the Beach and some of the dailies in Misty Woods and Orchard of Souls. Sounds a lot, but it's not a lot of variety day after day.

Even worse, you get your mats for evolving together before you get the gold you need to buy the amount of Moonwater Stones that are artificially inflated so we get something to do while waiting for new content. Mushin Tower and Labyrinth can't come soon enough.

For PvP, THIS video should contain most of the popular ones (this is what people refer to with 3rf). As for PvE, I'm not really sure how many combos you even need for that. I do know that using lmb and 2 with animation cancelling (referred to as the 2r combo) works pretty well, since it deals great damage with almost no focus cost. Hopefully someone else can elaborate more on the PvE side of things.

thank you. that vid is nuts

Kaname

So, will I get banned if I use VPN tunneling programs?
For some reason I have like 120 ms from EU servers even though I should have way less and it's too laggy to play Assassin like this for my tastes :/
Wanted to try if that would help a bit but don't know if they have some strange policies regarding them.

Ferrio

Banned
For some reason I have like 120 ms from EU servers even though I should have way less and it's too laggy to play Assassin like this for my tastes :/
Wanted to try if that would help a bit but don't know if they have some strange policies regarding them.

It's not against policy, but there is a chance you'll be falsely flagged and you'll have to appeal.

NeOak

No, they reversed all bans.

Ruff

It's hard to come from Tera's combat to this.
In some ways, BnS is very very better, but in other ways it seems like a huge downgrade. I'm playing Blademaster since it seems like the closest class to Warrior, but fighting big monsters just doesn't seem as visceral.
I don't like the way enemies instantly turn to face you with no frames of animation, or how they can hit you from nearly any angle or from a further distance than it should do. Dungeon parties just seem like a big crowd of people whacking themselves at any side of the boss they could, and due to so many melee classes it's hard to actually see what i'm fighting through the mess sometimes, let alone dodge any hits.

Maybe it'll grow on me, I'm expecting a game to play like another so.

Dresden

The bot spam is everywhere in this game. Block a dozen and you get hit with another wave. Shutting down every chat could work, but I guess that's when you start getting hit by whispers.

Haly

I don't like the way enemies instantly turn to face you with no frames of animation, or how they can hit you from nearly any angle or from a further distance than it should do. Dungeon parties just seem like a big crowd of people whacking themselves at any side of the boss they could, and due to so many melee classes it's hard to actually see what i'm fighting through the mess sometimes, let alone dodge any hits.

It's a very different animal. Whereas in TERA you actually need to dodge hitboxes, BnS is mostly about abusing iframes and chaining skills. The low level PvE content is very mindless, but I think the PvP is much better than TERA's ever was. There's upside and downsides to what they're doing.

Still waiting for that perfect MMO that's as fast as BnS but hitbox based like TERA.
The bot spam is everywhere in this game. Block a dozen and you get hit with another wave. Shutting down every chat could work, but I guess that's when you start getting hit by whispers.

It suddenly got really bad today I'm not sure why.

BTW here's an interesting experiment. End-game blues sell for 1-3s each on the Marketplace. They also give much more weapon exp than lower level weps and the cost of consuming them doesn't scale very high. If you're 20-30ish, you should buy one and try to fuse it to see how much cash you'd save. At my level (41) it's hard to tell, but maybe the results are more dramatic for lower level players.

arimanius

4 golden deva axes
2 golden deva staff
3 golden deva lynblade
4 golden deva sword
2 golden deva razor
6 golden deva dagger
1 golden deva bangle
and finally 1 golden deva gauntlets.

23 keys to get what I needed. only have 6 keys left. :|

Top Bottom