• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't get it. I still don't understand what the difference is between this system of leveling one weapon by sometimes farming a dungeon run, or farming that same dungeon multiple times for a weapon you'd have to equip instead.

It's the same time investment.

because nobody dos that while leveling, people only do that at max level. nobody farms dungeons while leveling for 1 item

anyway, got my axe, in the one run where I had another destroyer there too lol. bidding war ended quickly when I just bid 2 silver, guess he was starting and didnt have much money yet

because nobody dos that while leveling, people only do that at max level. nobody farms dungeons while leveling for 1 item

anyway, got my axe, in the one run where I had another destroyer there too lol. bidding war ended quickly when I just bid 2 silver, guess he was starting and didnt have much money yet

:( Guess I've been playing MMOs wrong. I'm constantly trying to have the best weapon I can in any MMO and this has been a lot easier on me than any other game.

Grats on your axe.

Made it to level 31 with my Gon female. Is the game suppose to be easy while playing a destroyer? Because mine is just wrecking anything that isn't part of a 4-6 man dungeon. Also Stinger outfit so far the best one.

Made it to level 31 with my Gon female. Is the game suppose to be easy while playing a destroyer? Because mine is just wrecking anything that isn't part of a 4-6 man dungeon. Also Stinger outfit so far the best one.

Jack_Nicholson_Nodding.gif

Also, the game is easy outside 4-6 man dungeons on any class.

Sorian

Banned
So I'm a fresh level 45 force master (well fresh as of Sunday night). I did the east fleet dailies all 3 days for some gold (and upgraded to some decent gems in my weapon), have been farming soulstones from the faction dailies because I can make moonwater trans stones (up to 49 as of today) and have been trying to do the 4 blue dungeon dailies (with mixed success, Blight ruins seem to be the only ones I can consistently clear but I think that's because all the good players are farming it for the recipe).

My question though, is what should my goal be right now? I only have 23k health which is super low. My weapons and accessories are all maxed up to the moonwater trans stone steps but the soul shield I'm using is the level 45 one from the moonwater valor stone vendor. I assume my soul shield is what I want to aim for next? What should I be trying to do to upgrade there?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just as this game drops greens like candy for you to level your Hongmoon weapon.
The advancement bills also add up very quickly and money acquisition in this game is also very skewed at low leels.
That, in my mind, is equal to farming for some rare weapon I want in a different MMO.
For leveling?
You can but people act like their hongmoon is the only thing they can wear when they hit the gate.
Everyone tells you to. Even the game tells you to. And you're going to be doing that grind at some point.

Anyway there's no point going around in circles, it'll get changed eventually and people might try the game again.

Hubb

Agreed. The dungeons out now are easy too, really the biggest difficulty is if you don't move out of the way/dodge/block/ect the boss can drop you 80% in one hit. Some dungeons have different mechanics, but they are small things and once you get them down they are simple.

Really looking forward to the Tower of Mushin and what that throws at us.

And to farming weapons, make sure you are only farming for Purple items. Just buy the blue items, they are all getting real cheap on the marketplace. I've been pretty lucky in grinding where costumes have been the only thing that has taken any amount of time, and I am ok with grinding for those.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
2) Is Kung Fu master total ass? I heard it's so hard to play compared to the rest that is what makes it the lowest used class? How does it compare to assassin?

The KFM is a class that will reward you with the amount of effort you put into learning it. Because they have so many combos to learn the learning curve is higher than any other class. I haven't played the assassin myself, but they appear to be easier to use.

1. The advancement bills also add up very quickly and money acquisition in this game is also very skewed at low leels.

2. For leveling?

3.Everyone tells you to. Even the game tells you to. And you're going to be doing that grind at some point.

1. No arguments there. Until I was gifted premium, money acquisition was bullshit.

2. Refer to my post above. I've always tried to get the best weapon I can possibly have at any level in every MMO I've played. And in that sense, this game has been infinitely easier than every other MMO, considering I've only really needed to farm twice in 35 levels for the purple weapons. Not to mention, the 2nd purple you need isn't even from a dungeon and is so easy to get attempts at.

3. I was told that at max level stuff is actually better than your Hongmoon. Was this not true? If it is true, then no, you don't really need to go back and do that grind at some point.

SDBurton

So I'm a fresh level 45 force master (well fresh as of Sunday night). I did the east fleet dailies all 3 days for some gold (and upgraded to some decent gems in my weapon), have been farming soulstones from the faction dailies because I can make moonwater trans stones (up to 49 as of today) and have been trying to do the 4 blue dungeon dailies (with mixed success, Blight ruins seem to be the only ones I can consistently clear but I think that's because all the good players are farming it for the recipe).

My question though, is what should my goal be right now? I only have 23k health which is super low. My weapons and accessories are all maxed up to the moonwater trans stone steps but the soul shield I'm using is the level 45 one from the moonwater valor stone vendor. I assume my soul shield is what I want to aim for next? What should I be trying to do to upgrade there?

Farm for the PvP soul shield in Misty Woods. Huge upgrade. There should be groups of cerulean people farming them so you won't be alone. :)

Will message you when I get home about stone mats.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dat piledriver tho o_O

giphy.gif

ok fine, im back in. how do I get the ass window costume then, im in the cinderlands, thats where you get it right? :3

Sorian

Banned
Farm for the PvP soul shield in Misty Woods. Huge upgrade. There should be groups of cerulean people farming them so you won't be alone. :)

Will message you when I get home about stone mats.

Sounds good, I get home late from work today so I probably won't be online until after 7:30ish EST

As for that soulshield, that's farming for those insignias? Is that just killing the two crimson guys that spawn together every 5-10min or so?

Edit: And oh, that's my other question. Soul shield stats are RNG? I noticed that I opened two of the same type of the purple blackram shield from east fleet and they had different stats. Is the PVP soul shield the same way? Should I be worried about min-maxing the right stat (crit)?

Yeah and if someone who is farming can, pick that fucker up and move him closer to the bombs do you don't have to wait for someone to run to them.

I just wish the people who were moving him to the bombs wouldn't drop him like...right next to it. The bombs have a specific range so you end up having to run away a distance to use it.

Wow reading this thread I realize how much luck I seem to have outside Blackram Narrows, I never spend more than 30 minutes at any Wheel of Fate and always got what I wanted :(

Dresden

Logged in this morning to reorder some crafting stuff, and again all the chats are swamped with bots. The queues, the broken chat, and the mandatory item grind while leveling makes for a really unwelcoming package.

It takes time to get it down consistently. I spent hours wrecking wolves and gnarloxes until I got it down pat. Starting with either 3 or F if it's proc'd makes it easier.

Hoping there's like a perma-stunned punching bag somewhere in the future.

Haly

Things I need to do.

1) Use Q better
2) Weave Heart Stabs in between combos
3) Not lose my cool
4) Manage my focus better
5) Fuck Des up their spin2win ass
6) Dodge the boss things and use all my iframe shit instead of just decoy

Sorian

Banned
Logged in this morning to reorder some crafting stuff, and again all the chats are swamped with bots. The queues, the broken chat, and the mandatory item grind while leveling makes for a really unwelcoming package.

Bots seem to be more active when the server is less active. I know that probably just sounds like a case of less players talking so the bots stick out more but I tend to leave the bots be for a bit before reporting/blocking and I notice that in the mornings, they literally spam faction chat but in the evenings, they are more "polite" and give it 30 seconds to a minute in between posts. Still obnoxious, of course.

Sorian

Banned
112 Pinchy Essences, no costume items.

k game

k

Golden Deva costume was my bane, just keep pushing, I have all of the wheel costumes now and it's always just one boss that is stubborn typically. (Missing some adornments though, only one I really care about is the stinger tail, might go back for that).

Quonny

Golden Deva costume was my bane, just keep pushing, I have all of the wheel costumes now and it's always just one boss that is stubborn typically. (Missing some adornments though, only one I really care about is the stinger tail, might go back for that).

74-75 Golden Deva, no costume either. I forgot to count once and don't remember if I got 1 or 2.

Rhaknar

one thing the game (and Tera) does well is horror style zones. I would play a full horror themed game by these guys

one thing the game (and Tera) does well is horror style zones. I would play a full horror themed game by these guys

I didn't play Tera long enough to get to a horror style zone, but in this game I just wish the enemy variety in the horror zones was better. The atmosphere is great, but when I'm seeing the same Jiangshi and revenants over and over again I just stop giving a shit.

Rhaknar

I didn't play Tera long enough to get to a horror style zone, but in this game I just wish the enemy variety in the horror zones was better. The atmosphere is great, but when I'm seeing the same Jiangshi and revenants over and over again I just stop giving a shit.

the horror zones in tera look EXACTLY the same as the ones here (lol). In fact you could say the same about alot of the game, and I dont even mean that in a bad way. Its just a style they use

SDBurton

Sounds good, I get home late from work today so I probably won't be online until after 7:30ish EST

As for that soulshield, that's farming for those insignias? Is that just killing the two crimson guys that spawn together every 5-10min or so?

Edit: And oh, that's my other question. Soul shield stats are RNG? I noticed that I opened two of the same type of the purple blackram shield from east fleet and they had different stats. Is the PVP soul shield the same way? Should I be worried about min-maxing the right stat (crit)?

The PvP soul shield is not, so you won't have to worry about getting ones with different stats.

nataku

That blight weapon RNG is bullshit.

I've seen the Warlock one drop 3 times now. At least limit the drop list to the current classes in the group. It's not like they can be sold.

Haly

the horror zones in tera look EXACTLY the same as the ones here (lol). In fact you could say the same about alot of the game, and I dont even mean that in a bad way. Its just a style they use

It's like our zombies and skeletons.

Just a "spooky necromancy" mainstay for Korea.

Psyren

Well i guess it's time to fire this sucker up. Only got about 1hr to play now before i gotta get dressed to go see my girl :/

Lemonheap

Banned
Was going to buy a month of premium just now, until I discovered that I have to pay more than premium costs to get it... fuck this coin system. I'm not paying for this.

Actually more tempted to renew my WoW sub instead, and when a company is better than Blizzard at being greedy that's a bad thing.

Rhaknar

suppose this famous Pinchy will be in this second, more desert-y area in the cinderlands?

Top Bottom