• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh awesome, some of the moves actually completely change to a different move if you talent it.

the destroyer kick can become a awesome boomerang pull, which is really handy because I already have enough close quarter stuns and knockdowns

That feel when you and someone else are bidding +10 copper each time then you jack it to 1 gold instantly and they just hit rebid automatically and go "oh shit" and you make a sweet 25 silver.

Yep. I do it sometimes too. All these guys do is waste time, so I might as well get paid for it. If they really wanted the item they should bid higher to get it over with.

Sorian

Banned
That feel when you and someone else are bidding +10 copper each time then you jack it to 1 gold instantly and they just hit rebid automatically and go "oh shit" and you make a sweet 25 silver.

Meh, they can just leave the instance before the timer runs out and make you foot the bill.

MogCakes

Meh, they can just leave the instance before the timer runs out and make you foot the bill.

There's maybe 12 seconds per bid timer so they'd have to make that decision pretty quickly. It'll take them some seconds to realize what's happened anyway, then the panic and frantically moving their cursor to the quit button. Not to mention the internal debate of how much they want the item which takes up more seconds. There's a good chance they won't make it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Just made a Blademaster for first time. Any tips/tricks for leveling up this class blade & soul GAF?
Learn to love your Block and right mouse button attack. A successful block will boost your RMB attack to max damage and remove the cast time, so you can spam it the times in a row.

Muddimar

Just made a Blademaster for first time. Any tips/tricks for leveling up this class blade & soul GAF?

I think it would be the same as the others. Follow the happy quest trail from city to city. Make sure you pick up dailies when you can (they help). Dungeons don't give you crap for xp unless you have quests for the dungeon.

Edit: kind of misread your question. but my advice still stands!

Hubb

Is it a new costume every month or does it just put you at the start again?

We won't know until it refreshes. Sometimes they'll do promotions like this one where you can get a costume. They also have a "continuous" mode where there is no end and instead you just get better items the deeper you go. Sometimes they'll do single month boards and offer a nice reward (hopefully) at the end, and other times they'll do a continuous version.

I'll preface this by saying I've never enjoyed pvp in any MMO ever. I don't like it. I'm a pve only guy.

So I just pvped 1v1 in the arena for the first time ever since I had a quest for it. It said I'd complete the quest and get the reward win or lose so I thought fuck it, why not.

I'm a summoner. Got matched against an assassin.

Uhh... I destroyed. I dunno if the guy was just trash but that match up seemed unwinnable for the assassin.

So I said, meh, whatever, and readied up again.

Destroyed a Blade Master. Again, wasn't even close.

Force Master, slightly tougher since they have ranged stuff too but still didn't even take me to 50%.

Then got matched against a Summoner.

Now that match was freaking hectic. I thought the smartest thing to do would be take out the familiar first. So I did that in round 1 and ended up winning it, but with like 2% hp left.

2nd round, tried the same thing, and got wrecked. So 3rd round I tried what he was doing and focused on just the summoner and won it.

Finally got matched against another assassin.

I got destroyed in the first round. Wasn't even close. That flash bang skill is really annoying, especially for summoner since most of my skills need a target or I can't use them so I can't just swing blindly.

Somehow won rounds 2 and 3 by the skin of my teeth, but that proved to me that the Summoner vs Assassin match up is just fine.

I'm done with pvp. Still not really my thing, but it's nice to go out on a 5 win streak :D.

I have no clue how to fight summoners as a blade master. If I go after them they just circle strafe and chip away at me with their pet while I try to close the distance. If I target their pet I am virtually dead by the time the pet dies. Annoying. My guess is I need to be a bit more conservative against them and be more defensive and wait for bigger openings or something.

Quonny

So, this costume dropped.

5EmBwXd.png

Bids went up to 15 silver. I just put down 30 to get people out. Dude was so mad. He said it wasn't worth more than 10, why would I do that, I'm a moron. He bid me up one more time, then I outbid him at 40, and he fumed so bad.

Called me a br, gold buyer, threatened to report me.

he real mad

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Supermad.

That's not even a lot of cash at max level is it?

I've had people get on my case for going up to 10s in the 30s.

kiryogi

Banned
I have no clue how to fight summoners as a blade master. If I go after them they just circle strafe and chip away at me with their pet while I try to close the distance. If I target their pet I am virtually dead by the time the pet dies. Annoying. My guess is I need to be a bit more conservative against them and be more defensive and wait for bigger openings or something.

You kill the Pet ASAP, if it's not gone in the beginning, you're done.

Sorian

Banned
Supermad.

That's not even a lot of cash at max level is it?

I've had people get on my case for going up to 10s in the 30s.

That's less than one daily lol

Edit: and for perspective, one daily is like 56s, you usually pull about 3 gold just doing the easiest set of level 45 dailies.

Bids went up to 15 silver. I just put down 30 to get people out. Dude was so mad. He said it wasn't worth more than 10, why would I do that, I'm a moron. He bid me up one more time, then I outbid him at 40, and he fumed so bad.

he real mad

Now that's an outfit I can get behind. We Monster Hunter now.

Also yeah, that guy's fucking mad as hell, lol.

Razzorn34

I'll preface this by saying I've never enjoyed pvp in any MMO ever. I don't like it. I'm a pve only guy.

So I just pvped 1v1 in the arena for the first time ever since I had a quest for it. It said I'd complete the quest and get the reward win or lose so I thought fuck it, why not.

I'm a summoner. Got matched against an assassin.

Uhh... I destroyed. I dunno if the guy was just trash but that match up seemed unwinnable for the assassin.

So I said, meh, whatever, and readied up again.

Destroyed a Blade Master. Again, wasn't even close.

Force Master, slightly tougher since they have ranged stuff too but still didn't even take me to 50%.

Then got matched against a Summoner.

Now that match was freaking hectic. I thought the smartest thing to do would be take out the familiar first. So I did that in round 1 and ended up winning it, but with like 2% hp left.

2nd round, tried the same thing, and got wrecked. So 3rd round I tried what he was doing and focused on just the summoner and won it.

Finally got matched against another assassin.

I got destroyed in the first round. Wasn't even close. That flash bang skill is really annoying, especially for summoner since most of my skills need a target or I can't use them so I can't just swing blindly.

Somehow won rounds 2 and 3 by the skin of my teeth, but that proved to me that the Summoner vs Assassin match up is just fine.

I'm done with pvp. Still not really my thing, but it's nice to go out on a 5 win streak :D.

You are currently playing one of the most powerful PvP classes. It's going to be easy for you. PvP in this game isn't balanced around level 45. So, until then, you are going to dominate.

cHinzo

he real mad
Someone paid almost 2 gold for that one yesterday. Got it for 50 silver a couple of runs after lol.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Is it a new costume every month or does it just put you at the start again?

I believe at this time only the US and EU costumes will be rewarded to you once you complete the daily dash. Aside from those two we'll probably get tokens from end game dungeons after that.

Really happy that we're getting content updates so soon. Seems they were serious about being aggressive with them.

WarMacheen

blighted staff drops, only one person in the group can use it....everyone bids, que rage lol

Considering 3 assassins were in the group I was screwed if the dagger dropped, though I doubled my meager wallet

Hubb

Someone paid almost 2 gold for that one yesterday. Got it for 50 silver a couple of runs after lol.

Damn I got that for 30s, nice to know I got it for a steal.

blighted staff drops, only one person in the group can use it....everyone bids, que rage lol

Considering 3 assassins were in the group I was screwed if the dagger dropped, though I doubled my meager wallet

I'm surprised I have never run into this myself, sucks that it happens.

I believe at this time only the US and EU costumes will be rewarded to you once you complete the daily dash. Aside from those two we'll probably get tokens from end game dungeons after that.

It isn't always going to be like this daily dash. More than likely it'll just be a continuous board unless they have something worth while to give out.

You are currently playing one of the most powerful PvP classes. It's going to be easy for you. PvP in this game isn't balanced around level 45. So, until then, you are going to dominate.

PvP is pretty balanced right now, though there are certainly classes that are easier to use/pick up. And summoner is definitely one of those classes that sucks to play against if you are fresh at PvP.

WarMacheen

Damn I got that for 30s, nice to know I got it for a steal.

I'm surprised I have never run into this myself, sucks that it happens.

Was my first dungeon so I was just randomly bidding on stuff. The staff still went for pretty cheap

Gotta say...the bidding system is kinda cool...for now.

You kill the Pet ASAP, if it's not gone in the beginning, you're done.

If the Summoner is any good he'll put the cat in fetal position and it will have 90% damage resist and you will have wasted your burst. Most players will learn the best thing to do is CC the cat by knocking it unconscious for 30 seconds or whatever and then going ham on the Summoner with everything you got.

If you have any way of throwing or kicking the cat over to the other side of the arena that tends to panic the Summoner too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got the deva costume from just the essences you get from quests /shrug

it doesnt have the big cloth halo on Gons :/

Man I have no idea how to handle Assassins in PvP as a KFM. I just feel like I'm getting stunlocked the whole time and have a hard time countering an invisible opponent.

Rhaknar

I now have one 2 of each golden weapon, some 3, except the axe

lolrng

and I cba anymore for now because at least I had quests around here and I dont anymore

How long is it until time out on this game. I clicked to queue up since I had some stuff to fdo and got straight in. I fear if I close the game I'll end up having to wait in queue later. How long can my character be idle while I handle business?

Askani

They really need to fix spawn camping and forcing you to accept resurrections. It's ridiculous.

I'm watching level 44s just steamroll level 28s repeatedly.

I know...I know...I can "surrender" and take off my gear. That's not the point.

Rhaknar

I'm convinced the adornment boxes are myths and when someone is wearing them it's all in my mind.

....at least I'm swimming in fusion powder.

Myth you say?

sorry :p

im actually hunting the purple quest, movement skill thingie thats supposed to drop from the wheel. and the axe like I said >_>

edit: wtf it a awful helm. and it changes my hair too >_>

If you don't care that much, the movement skill thing is selling for 5-10 COPPER on the auction house, fyi.

oh shit really?

Myth you say?

sorry :p

im actually hunting the purple quest, movement skill thingie thats supposed to drop from the wheel. and the axe like I said >_>

If you don't care that much, the movement skill thing is selling for 5-10 COPPER on the auction house, fyi.

Edit: To above, yes, but then there's a follow up with another movement skill after that and THAT item is a rare random drop from mobs on the entire map, and sells for 20s.

The skill itself ain't worthwhile, but I wanted the damn quest off my log.

Askani

Also...why can't you block www. aywgames .com?

I can't do it in the chat window, or with the report spammer button, or manually.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's usually 3, after you're downed.

1 is Chi Revival
2 is Call for Help
3 is Unequip faction armor and surrender
4 is regular surrender

Jayhawk

I really like the arena duels. I just need to hit level cap, so I can get familiar with my entire set of tools and what other classes have.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

he real mad

Haven't had anyone get super salty on me over outift drops but I imagine the higher level ass window gear is gonna lead to some pretty high bids.

Top Bottom