• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

I finally got my Regium Corvus. I'm glad North American Launch Contest Costume Design Winner dude had enough sense to design a costume which looks nice on Lyns.

lyn3.jpg

Vex_

Banned
So when should we start fusing soul shields? Is this something I should start doing now or is that end game stuff?

I ask this because I have always heard that salvaging them in the early game was the best thing to do once you were done with them?

Chariot

So when should we start fusing soul shields? Is this something I should start doing now or is that end game stuff?

I ask this because I have always heard that salvaging them in the early game was the best thing to do once you were done with them?
Not worth it early on, yiu're changing soul shields too fast. I only started fusing once I got the blue Blackram Supply Chain one and then when I had the purple version. Now I retry fusing on it constantly to get the highest amount of crit.

Dandte

It took spending a gold to buy pinchy essences, but it happened finally.

I guess this is a gon female? My Yun Force Master always dress like a Fine Lady, and then She set things up on Fire. Only a matter of Time Till She will inflame herself. This armor would help a lot Preventlng it.

Also wth, Why are People bdding 15 Silver on a simple bagua from the Black ramp dungeon? I got the Full set in 5 Runs....

Vex_

Banned
Not worth it early on, yiu're changing soul shields too fast. I only started fusing once I got the blue Blackram Supply Chain one and then when I had the purple version. Now I retry fusing on it constantly to get the highest amount of crit.

thank you.

Chariot

I was not aware that there was something called a Warlock in other versions of this game, until I got a weapon for it.
Yeah, it's stupid. Rumour has it, the class will join in three months time. But making the weapons already avaible is stupid, it reduces your chance to aquire your own weapon and a lot of important weapons are untradable, so it's not like you can stock up properly either. Most Warlock weapons are just Elemental Powder for now.

Klyka

Banned
My friends who have been playing the game said the combat is pretty fun.

At what point does it become better than "hold LMB and then spam RMB" for destroyer?

At what point does it become better than "hold LMB and then spam RMB" for destroyer?

I havent played destroyer but skills are still unlocking for me into the mid 20s for blade master.

Chariot

Two of my friends have a blast with them. Killing enemies in one combo, throwing then around and hurling them to their death.

That said, Destroyer are the easiest class, there is a reason why the bots all play it. You can aoe yourself easily through the game. If you want to have something to do, take Kungfu Master or Assassin.
I havent played destroyer but skills are still unlocking for me into the mid 20s for blade master.
Skills unlock till 46. Can't wait to get there to use Shunpo >_<

Vex_

Banned
Yeah, it's stupid. Rumour has it, the class will join in three months time. But making the weapons already avaible is stupid, it reduces your chance to aquire your own weapon and a lot of important weapons are untradable, so it's not like you can stock up properly either. Most Warlock weapons are just Elemental Powder for now.

I agree, but think about it like this: all of the sealed weapons you are getting now you can hold on to them . This will make the grinding a bit easier on that class when it releases.

For everyone else? Yea, they are screwed.

rocK`

Banned
Two of my friends have a blast with them. Killing enemies in one combo, throwing then around and hurling them to their death.

That said, Destroyer are the easiest class, there is a reason why the bots all play it. You can aoe yourself easily through the game. If you want to have something to do, take Kungfu Master or Assassin.
Skills unlock till 46. Can't wait to get there to use Shunpo >_<

Nothing is easier then summoner. It's likely

Summoner, force master, destroyer

In terms of easiness to harder

Chariot

Any tips how to get Dragon Trade Pouch without buying them?
Do the Big Four dailies. They, as well as daily dash, can reward you with venture tokens. You can craft Venture Tokens to Hongmoon Coins you can buy Pouches in the Hongmoon Store with.

Premium only though, I think.

I agree, but think about it like this: all of the sealed weapons you are getting now you can hold on to them . This will make the grinding a bit easier on that class when it releases.

For everyone else? Yea, they are screwed.
Makes no sense. Just do as everyone else did with their class.

Chariot

Oh, new content in two weeks!

Rising Waters Arrives February 10

Bloodshade/Nightshade Harbor

Available as a 6- or 4-player Heroic (purple) dungeon, Bloodshade Harbor (and its 24-player version, Nightshade Harbor) offers max-level players new challenges against the Blackram pirates, and Poharan&#8217;s boss, Admiral Hae Mujin himself.

Mushin&#8217;s Tower &#8211; Floors 1&#8211;7

Ascend each level of Mushin&#8217;s Tower&#8212;a single player Heroic dungeon&#8212;for increasingly greater challenges, and even greater rewards. Additional floors and content will be added to Mushin&#8217;s Tower in future updates.

Hongmoon Level 5

Hongmoon Levels allow you to continue to gain experience beyond level 45, and unlock additional skill points to increase your character&#8217;s strength in combat. This update will unlock five Hongmoon Levels to be gained after completion of a new quest.

PvP Preseason

The update will also mark the start of the PvP preseason, with a new in-game UI to see how your skills stack up. You&#8217;ll also be able to earn and spend Zen Beans&#8212;the Blade & Soul PvP currency&#8212;from competing against others. As we move from the preseason to Season 1 in a future update, we&#8217;ll have more information on the high-level rewards you&#8217;ll be able to earn from dominating your opponents.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got to act 2, level 20 or 21, something like that. Dont think the game is for me tbh. I absolutely hate the weapon / gear leveling system. The thought of having to do that throughout the game is not something I have any intention of doing.

I aplaude them trying something different but not like this. For me of course, more power for those that like the system. Game sure is pretty and the gameplay is cool, but its still a mmo-ass mmo, and I guess im just done with mmo-ass mmos.

Finaika

got to act 2, level 20 or 21, something like that. Dont think the game is for me tbh. I absolutely hate the weapon / gear leveling system. The thought of having to do that throughout the game is not something I have any intention of doing.

I aplaude them trying something different but not like this. For me of course, more power for those that like the system. Game sure is pretty and the gameplay is cool, but its still a mmo-ass mmo, and I guess im just done with mmo-ass mmos.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
see, you show me that, but all it tells me is "it takes stupid amount of RNG and grind to get" and it bums me out.

My axe is stuck needing the drop from some dungeon to upgrade. I cannot be arsed to run that crap over and over until it does, I just cant. It is absolutely NOT the same as getting new weapons every 5 levels as someone was arguing, because in any other mmo, I wouldnt be farming some good ass weapon every 5 levels, I would be using some crap because none of it matters until max level anyway

and that ass window costume for example, doesnt it involve farming some Pinchy boss over and over again or something?

Psyren

see, you show me that, but all it tells me is "it takes stupid amount of RNG and grind to get" and it bums me out.

My axe is stuck needing the drop from some dungeon to upgrade. I cannot be arsed to run that crap over and over until it does, I just cant. It is absolutely NOT the same as getting new weapons every 5 levels as someone was arguing, because in any other mmo, I wouldnt be farming some good ass weapon every 5 levels, I would be using some crap because none of it matters until max level anyway

and that ass window costume for example, doesnt it involve farming some Pinchy boss over and over again or something?

I actually feel your pain on this one. I really went into this game with no intention to grind out any dungeons, endgame content, and i already hate the upgrade system for the hongmoon wep, so i think i'm just going to not do that at all...

If weapon acquisition during my progression to level cap becomes a pain or is too expensive to buy my way thru marketplace i might consider throwing in the towel too...

Quonny

Can anyone show me a guide to beating a Force Master as a Destroyer? The slows and roots mean I can't do anything ever.

Rhaknar

in fact, didnt someone say yesterday korea is actually going to change the whole weapon thing to a more traditional system while leveling, and only have the honmoon upgrade system at max level?

He's being tongue-in-
butt
check, it didn't warrant a thought out response. :3

why do you think Im playing a gon female :p at least im honest damn it!

Tabby

in fact, didnt someone say yesterday korea is actually going to change the whole weapon thing to a more traditional system while leveling, and only have the honmoon upgrade system at max level?

why do you think Im playing a gon female :p at least im honest damn it!

Yeah that's what I've heard as well. Shame I'll probably already be max level when the update comes out though.

Razzorn34

Yeah that's what I've heard as well. Shame I'll probably already be max level when the update comes out though.

Yeah. It wasn't like this in the beginning. It's an interesting concept, but ultimately kills any new weapon excitement. Unless you glamour it, it just looks the same as everyone elses. It kinds sucks that our release had to come out while this is a thing.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
yeah, had the two swap places. 3ef is also easier for me to hit than 3rf, and I just can't seem to get the timing right with LMB so that's out.

It takes time to get it down consistently. I spent hours wrecking wolves and gnarloxes until I got it down pat. Starting with either 3 or F if it's proc'd makes it easier.

Uthred

It's not so much the levelling system as the breakthrough part of it, 21 runs of that shitty Blackram Narrows and no Assassin upgrade piece

Rhaknar

It's not so much the levelling system as the breakthrough part of it, 21 runs of that shitty Blackram Narrows and no Assassin upgrade piece

21 jesus. just did 3 in a row and im about to uninstall the game lol

I found out soloing dungeons usually gets you what you need because you don't need to split loot 6 ways and get into bidding wars. I completed the 6 man dungeon soul shield in about 2 runs and get the weapon chests to myself. I only focused on assassin so far though, it's pretty easy mode pve once you get the hang of restealthing.

Though one part I really messed up on was the Lycan weapon. I could have spent a few silver for a dagger but that was after the fact I opened 21 weapon chests and got my dagger that way...

Psyren

The breakthrough thing is pretty bullshit though.

Like, i understand why it's put in place, but the implementation is still pretty bullshit...

I don't get it. I still don't understand what the difference is between this system of leveling one weapon by sometimes farming a dungeon run, or farming that same dungeon multiple times for a weapon you'd have to equip instead.

It's the same time investment.

Quonny

I don't get it. I still don't understand what the difference is between this system of leveling one weapon by sometimes farming a dungeon run, or farming that same dungeon multiple times for a weapon you'd have to equip instead.

While leveling? It's most definitely not. Whereas in other games if that purple doesn't drop, whatever, in two levels you'll get a green that's just as good. In this game? You're gated.

It's not THAT big a deal. I mean, shit, I've opened 20+ chests and still have 60 keys, but it definitely isn't ideal.

Also, Blackram can be completed in like 8 minutes. It's not a huge pain in the ass like some people are making it out to be.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Because no one farms for leveling weapons unless they're smurfs.

It's just a way to get you to buy Brilliant Keys. Once you're high level enough you can brute force it with regular Keys but it's very tough at the start because of limited resources. Kind of the opposite of the way MMOs should be scaling their "grindiness". You generally want to make the start as friendly and easy as possible to get people to invest themselves (not necessarily via money), and leave the grinds to the end game when players have a couple weeks of /played time to "lose out on" if they quit, so they're more inclined to spend money.

That they actually changed the whole thing to a normal system just shows they realized it was backwards.

Psyren

In the case of scenario #2 you can still carry on playing and you'll eventually get gear that will be on par with whatever dungeon-tier drop you would have gotten.

With the current system you need to pray to RNGeezus or your progress is completely stonewalled.

While leveling? It's most definitely not. Whereas in other games if that purple doesn't drop, whatever, in two levels you'll get a green that's just as good. In this game? You're gated.

It's not THAT big a deal. I mean, shit, I've opened 20+ chests and still have 60 keys, but it definitely isn't ideal.

Also, Blackram can be completed in like 8 minutes. It's not a huge pain in the ass like some people are making it out to be.

In the case of scenario #2 you can still carry on playing and you'll eventually get gear that will be on par with whatever dungeon-tier drop you would have gotten.

With the current system you need to pray to RNGeezus or your progress it completely stonewalled.

I guess I haven't really done any comparisons. Are higher level greens in this game not better?

I can't compare because lol, not gonna waste an unsealing charm, but I was under the impression that you could still switch to other weapons in this game if you wanted to.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And most games these days just hand you level-appropriate weapons because they know low level dungeon grinding is bad for new player retention.

And most games these days just hand you level-appropriate weapons because they know low level dungeon grinding is bad for new player retention.

Just as this game drops greens like candy for you to level your Hongmoon weapon. I can see how trying to get the purple weapons would be annoying, but in 35 levels I've only needed to grind/farm twice. That, in my mind, is equal to farming for some rare weapon I want in a different MMO.

Blue weapons can be annoying too but they can be auction housed.

I guess I haven't really done any comparisons. Are higher level greens in this game not better?

I can't compare because lol, not gonna waste an unsealing charm, but I was under the impression that you could still switch to other weapons in this game if you wanted to.

You can but people act like their hongmoon is the only thing they can wear when they hit the gate.

Top Bottom