• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Oh yeah if any EU players want to group up in Windrest for Supply chain,the 4 blue dungeons or just need help add me, my ingame name is Majiebeast.

tatsuki

zxzfaeg.png

RNG was not on my side today. Red Mask took me 118 tries before it finally dropped.

Uh what's wrong with your PC? Does it work OK when playing other games?

Today I tried to do a dungeon.

By the time I finished loading my group had already finished and left the dungeon. And that's just one problem among many. General slowdown, freezing for long enough periods of time that enemies can kill me when I initiate combat, etc.

It has way too many performance problems. I've been bearing with it as it's something you end up getting used to when you're playing newish games on an ancient PC but I'm long overdue for an ugprade.

Vex_

Banned
so is it common for daily dash to not be active during certain periods of time?

Everytime i click on it, nothing happens? This happened yesterday too. It seems to be active for like 5 minutes, and then never again. I missed out on a spin because of this one day.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Any high level Blade Masters in here have some tips? Class seems a bit awkward in the lower levels if you're not the one with aggro (making it harder to block). Usually I rely on blocking something, dumping Focus on 3 boosted Pierces, using Rush and Soaring Falcon to build focus, rinse and repeat. I throw some Lightning Draw in on cooldown.

Is the Pugilist outfit really in the Scorching Sands Playpen? I've done it so many times and have gotten nothing but cat aprons and the No Worries outfit.

It would make more sense for it to be in Razor Ravine Boneyards

Is the Pugilist outfit really in the Scorching Sands Playpen? I've done it so many times and have gotten nothing but cat aprons and the No Worries outfit.

It would make more sense for it to be in Razor Ravine Boneyards

It might be in the Dungeon Lobby version of it.

Go there and see if it's in the Rewards list when you highlight the Scorching Sands Playpen.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What are you going to do about E skills tho? Bind them to R?

2 questions gang:

1) How well does controller work on this game? Is it natively built in, or am I going to have to get a mod, etc and am better off with keyboard mouse?

2) Is Kung Fu master total ass? I heard it's so hard to play compared to the rest that is what makes it the lowest used class? How does it compare to assassin?

Dresden

yeah, had the two swap places. 3ef is also easier for me to hit than 3rf, and I just can't seem to get the timing right with LMB so that's out.

2 questions gang:

1) How well does controller work on this game? Is it natively built in, or am I going to have to get a mod, etc and am better off with keyboard mouse?

2) Is Kung Fu master total ass? I heard it's so hard to play compared to the rest that is what makes it the lowest used class? How does it compare to assassin?

1) Actually playing the game it's pretty good. Navigating menus on the other hand is a fucking abomination. It makes you use the left analog stick as a mouse cursor instead of navigating via d-pad from item to item like a native controller game does. I hope they fix that going along.

Stalk

If anyone on EU could invite Connolly to EU guild if we have one? OP mentions US and overflow as far as I can tell...

Still, enjoying game only got to get an hour in last night, logged on this morning to do the wheel and the spam bots be crazy still on Windrest.

Your character has a very impressive rearside.

That shine really helps.

im hunting down this sword or any of its look alikes

I want to know too. For a while people were using osmium sword skins since it looked pretty cool as well. I wouldn't be surprised if that red sword is another common drop like osmium.

Since I haven't done it yet, I'll post my char.

Few people have asked where it's from. It's a transmuted outfit called highborn. Got them fabrics and lucked out and not fail when transmuted.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think that red sword might be the Moonwater "Baotite" weapons. The dagger has a similar kind of design to it.

kiryogi

Banned
That shine really helps.

I want to know too. For a while people were using osmium sword skins since it looked pretty cool as well. I wouldn't be surprised if that red sword is another common drop like osmium.

Since I haven't done it yet, I'll post my char.

Few people have asked where it's from. It's a transmuted outfit called highborn. Got them fabrics and lucked out and not fail when transmuted.

Isn't fabrics only from salvaging costumes?!

Man, I'm level 15 as an assassin and the class is starting to make me yawn, the solo dungeons are semi hard because you have glass cannon HP but the other sword and the kung fu class kinda make me yawn too.

Chariot

Man, I'm level 15 as an assassin and the class is starting to make me yawn, the solo dungeons are semi hard because you have glass cannon HP but the other sword and the kung fu class kinda make me yawn too.
Sin get's really funny once you remain constantly invisible and farm by ignoring dungeon mobs and just skip everything to slay the boss. I think Sins are the only ones that can pull that of effectively. Makes farming dungeons a jiffy. You're also super early on, you haven't even trained skills yet or experienced PVP.

I know it's early on but the mobs are starting to just hit you even while you combo and the lack of AOE outside of the poison cloud means you can just get owned by bandits so easily unless you take the time to pick them off one by one which is somewhat tedious.

Early sin is tedious for me, is what I'm saying.

Chariot

You're not supposed to be visible in the first place. use TAB/1 to engage and 2 to get back into stealth. It's going to get better, you get over half a dozen tools to get or remain in stealth later on. And you're just 2 levels away from being able to put skill points down. Hang on, fight on.

Psyren

So rolled that new BM last night.

With the latency as high as it is for me, it really messes with my ability to hit those skill-cancel windows, with the game often not registering my inputs (probably due to the missed timing from the extra ping).

I dono, i'll play a little more this week and see how it goes, but it really does suck that the game is so latency sensitive, and coming from Tera it's a bit of an adjustment :/

How are the blade classes and KFM? Is the mage class fun?

I initially started with the Force Mage, and tbh it really just felt like another boring, stacking, deeps mage class. Not sure how much better it gets later on, but that was my early leveling impression :/

Tabby

So rolled that new BM last night.

With the latency as high as it is for me, it really messes with my ability to hit those skill-cancel window, with the game often not registering my inputs (probably due to the missed timing from the extra ping).

I dono, i'll play a little more this week and see how it goes, but it really does suck that the game is so latency sensitive, and coming from Tera it's a bit of an adjustment :/
I've heard Des is the class to play if you don't have the best ping. I know he's the Korean champion but Jaesung hit plat with 200+ ping by going something like 30+w - 4l.

Psyren

I've heard Des is the class to play if you don't have the best ping. I know he's the Korean champion but Jaesung hit plat with 200+ ping by going something like 30+w - 4l.

That would mean having to pick a race i don't want to play with haha. Yeah i'm one of those race/character aesthetics > class options kind of people :p

I'll keep trying with the BM for now, and i think i'm going to do that ISP switch this coming week as well so hopefully that will shave some more milliseconds off my ping

Insomnium

How to check your ping and FPS? I selected the display FPS option in setting but nothing happens. Also wasted 15 keys trying to find the upgrade materials for my HM blade to level 6, I think I will regret it later on ...

Tabby

How to check your ping and FPS? I selected the display FPS option in setting but nothing happens. Also wasted 15 keys trying to find the upgrade materials for my HM blade to level 6, I think I will regret it later on ...
For ping you'll have to either use WTFast or task manager.

The FPS does show up it's just really small. Should be somewhere in the upper middle area.

15 keys at lvl 6? Mate it only gets worse.

Top Bottom