• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Yeowzers. Store outfits are character bound? And it takes a week to delete characters above level 15?

I'm not used to F2P games at all, so this might be totally normal. I only ever played a purchased some stuff in PSO2. I absolutely adore the gameplay here but dang these prices are putting me off. A single outfit puts me above a month sub in a B2P, add on to that more character slots to try new classes...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or anything. I get that all this stuff is totally optional, so I don't mind it. It's just taking me off guard. Are F2P games really this expensive?

The pricing in this game is actually quite fair. You should see some of that Nexon garbage. Go play Vindictus sometime and then you'll see what real F2P highway robbery looks like.

$15-20 for a costume is pretty normal for F2P games, but there are plenty of nice ones you can get for free in BnS. Many of these games will only give you the equivalent of rags to wear unless you cough up for the costume. Hell, the nicest looking costume I've seen so far at release for Lyns is the Regium Corvus you get for completing the Daily Dash which is free to spin.

Quonny

I honestly don't know why you'd spend money on costumes (at least the body costumes).

Unlocking ones you "earned" (even if it's just grinding bullsnot) is one of the best parts of the game.

Services? Sure. Kinda wish there was a $10 "unlock wardrobe + a few other features permanently" option.

docbon

X8mxac7.jpg

Done with the main story until the next content update. I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
A lot of games are better about this in that they make cash gear "account bound" so you can use it on anyone.

But BnS is kind of stuck in the past, as is a lot of Korean games. I would say BnS is pretty money grubbing but not the worst Korean games have to offer.

Person

Yeah, I'm beginning to see that now. I'm mostly disappointed at £15ish for an outfit I can only use on one character. That's a lot of dough. Account bound and I could stomach it more easily.

Hahaha. It doesn't really help that I'm not in a good position to be spending a lot of money on this stuff either. Man, if those outfits were £3-£5 a pop...I woulda bought a good few already.

Oh same here, but I didn't like how (iirc) it was bound to a gatcha system. I didn't spend much but it was frustrating to spend even £3 and get garbage from it. It's been a long time, though, there might have been a more expensive yet reliable way to get outfits.

I think you could buy most if not all the outfits and accessories from the player market, once you hit 75 (or whatever the cap is now) you could just farm the klotho daily/weekly missions for several millions a day and buy whatever you want, and they usually came in plenty of colours too

Zareka

I honestly don't know why you'd spend money on costumes (at least the body costumes).

Services? Sure. Kinda wish there was a $10 "unlock wardrobe + a few other features permanently" option.

I like looking festive, so the Christmas outfits caught my attention. The services though, yeah. Hearing the wardrobe is premium only kinda blows too. I'm a sucker for vanity in MMOs, so having nowhere to store any costumes I do get could be a small problem.
I think you could buy most if not all the outfits and accessories from the player market, once you hit 75 (or whatever the cap is now) you could just farm the klotho daily/weekly missions for several millions a day and buy whatever you want, and they usually came in plenty of colours too
Oh well that sounds a bit better. I haven't gotten too far into the game admittedly. I've leveled to 15 about 3 times now so while I've played for a while I'm behind where I really should be.
A lot of games are better about this in that they make cash gear "account bound" so you can use it on anyone.
I would be far more accepting of the price tags if this were the case. I thought that was the case when I initially saw those prices.

Dresden

i have many complaints about this game, but i did arena for the first time and my time spent spamming 2rf and watching kfm streams paid off. arena is great. guess i'm capping out.

So the Lycandi Foothills zone, my god I'm in love... the music, the surroundings, the sky and the Lycandi themself is so awe inspiring and beautiful that I never want to leave there.

Also is the Kung Fu Master Infernal Lord Necklace good for anything? I already have the normal Infernal Lord Necklace and now wonder if I ever will need the Kung Fu Master one o.o

Oh and would it be okay if I join the Discord even if I'm not in the GAF guild yet? My spoken English isn't that good but it would be fun to hang around with you all a bit.

EDIT: Just look and listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmZB4OHcDYA

It makes me feel like I'm playing a Princess Mononoke game :D

cHinzo

I can't stand the current inventory space. Or more the lack of it. I'm used to MMOs where u would have one or two tabs for your inventory and some for the bank with the option to expand them with one or two more tabs of space if you pay money for it. Here u can't even unlock half your inventory and you're stuck with the same items for 3 different regions, crafting materials and non stacking Soul Shield parts. Just so anoying.

Also weird how some dungeons got a dragon pulse at the end of the dungeon, but in other ones you need to walk all the way back. Apparently there is an option to jus escape the dungeon which I just found out so that's that.

Still enjoying the combat and the dungeons, but my crafting ambitions has toned down quite a bit now I've learned that the recipe for those late game items are dropped only from dungeons and they cost like 50+ gold... 4 more levels until reaching the cap and to start the grind I guess.

Mawarup

Neo Member
So the Lycandi Foothills zone, my god I'm in love... the music, the surroundings, the sky and the Lycandi themself is so awe inspiring and beautiful that I never want to leave there.

Also is the Kung Fu Master Infernal Lord Necklace good for anything? I already have the normal Infernal Lord Necklace and now wonder if I ever will need the Kung Fu Master one o.o

Oh and would it be okay if I join the Discord even if I'm not in the GAF guild yet? My spoken English isn't that good but it would be fun to hang around with you all a bit.

I would just keep feeding the necklace and upgrading it, never bothered to replace it with another one. And I don't see why not with Discord but not sure where the link is since it gets reset 24 hours so ask for it.
Yo Shin why next quest reward a hongmoon weapon?

Quonny

I rarely have inventory issues.

My bank is full of shit, but my inventory is just potions, food, repair hammers, and whatever junk I'm picking up before my next trip back.

There is no point in carrying around anything else.

ShinMaruku

I would just keep feeding the necklace and upgrading it, never bothered to replace it with another one. And I don't see why not with Discord but not sure where the link is since it gets reset 24 hours so ask for it.
Until we get past floor 8 in Mushin's tower Hongmoon weapons are the best weapons so they provide it so people can't miss it.

Uthred

Echoing what others have said fifteen quid is fairly standard for an outfit (Marvel, Warframe, etc.), maybe they'll have sales down the line? Making them account bound would also go along way. The thing that pushes it from "decent" to "annoying" in terms of monetisation is locking basic features that are free in other versions of the game behind a pay wall. The most egregious of which is the wardrobe. And the character slots, its irritating having to keep one free just to try out the character creator (I bought an extra slot already and I'll probably buy another when the Warlock comes out).

Do you get enough dragon pouches via quests to fully unlock the bank and inventory?

Seil

I can't stand the current inventory space. Or more the lack of it. I'm used to MMOs where u would have one or two tabs for your inventory and some for the bank with the option to expand them with one or two more tabs of space if you pay money for it. Here u can't even unlock half your inventory and you're stuck with the same items for 3 different regions, crafting materials and non stacking Soul Shield parts. Just so anoying.

I'm only in the 20s, but between the dragon trade pouches I've obtained and the couple vault rows I've bought with in game currency I've had no hint of an inventory space issue. Though I subbed because of the queue from hell, so outfits aren't taking up space. I salvage soul shield pieces that I'm not using(after equipping them once if they're tied to an achievement). Don't see any point in holding onto the ones acquired as I level.

I'm sure it'll get a bit tighter as I progress, but so far I've got a lot of free space.

Ruff

I just got to sapphire basin.... am really confused how I got here by walking across some sandbank in the sea now suddenly I'm in a floating area about 2 miles above a mountain range? I feel like I'm playing Dark Souls 2 again lol.

Alright I was just a bit curious since the necklace was specifically designated as KungFu Master. And okay I'll see if I can get around Discord tomorrow :)

Haly

I finally figured out Sin's 1 major cancel and it's RMB -> LMB out of stealth.

I can't believe it took me so long.

Now to work it into my rotations.

Quonny

I finally figured out Sin's 1 major cancel and it's RMB -> LMB out of stealth.

I can't believe it took me so long.

Now to work it into my rotations.

That's part of what I love about the PVP. I'm not looking up any guides, so when I see something and then realize how to counter it it's a very rewarding "aha!" moment.

Haly

That's part of what I love about the PVP. I'm not looking up any guides, so when I see something and then realize how to counter it it's a very rewarding "aha!" moment.

I actually am reading a guide but while the content is good the cohesiveness is balls. They just say stuff like "anicancel" and "3rf" like everyone knows what they're talking about. They also mix terms from the Korean communities or slang.

This is what it must feel like for new dota players.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

You can most certainly join us and chat. :D

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Is th overflow guild still running? Who can I message to get an invite? Thanks!

Overflow guild is still up and running:

ebdlgxS.png

I believe ShinMaruku made it so everyone could invite others to the clan, so anyone who's on at the moment should be able to get you settled. I'll try to contact Shin in the meantime.

ebdlgxS.png

I believe ShinMaruku made it so everyone could invite others to the clan, so anyone who's on at the moment should be able to get you settled. I'll try to contact Shin in the meantime.

Thanks! Name in game is Wiy if you can invite now. Shin didn't seem to be on.

Seil

Ugh 800 person queue to get into Mushin. I just want to try this game for an hour.

Yeah, the queues are crazy. I first started earlier in the day so there wasn't a queue, then a while later I logged out to shower and eat, coming back to an almost 1k queue with a 70 minute estimate that became a 400 minute estimate after 20 minutes haha. At that point I bought premium x.x

ebdlgxS.png

I'm also still looking for an invite on Reina Verne.

Seil

Should have been level 30 or something. You can reach level 10 in like 1 hour.

That would only hurt actual new players by making them unable to use the channels. Hell, I'm not even 30 right now lol. Granted, because of the spam I've disabled those channels anyway. The trick is balancing things to cause as little trouble for legitimate players as possible while still trying to counteract the problems. Much like DRM, once you start screwing over the legit people you've gone too far.

Personally I think the week long deletion delay after 15 or 16 is an example of this, too... It does nothing to counteract gold sellers, and is simply too long for a safety feature. The former will just make new accounts anyway, and in the latter situation, an email accompanied by a shorter timer would more than suffice.

I currently have like 50 of the pinchy drops in my inventory, and that's just from when I stopped opening the soul shield packs which I had at least 30 of. Must have spun the wheel close to 100 times by now, and not one outfit.

im hunting down this sword or any of its look alikes

uploaded_uploaded_%EB%83%89%ED%98%88%EA%B2%80.png

this looks like the sword i'm using, except color looks slightly different?

Glacial Sword

available from the market for less than 10 silver, or you can get Glacial weapons/boxes from the Forgotten Tomb dungeon.

Top Bottom