• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Chariot

Well, good that I need to go anyway for a bit. Fits me well, but it's really stupid to do this in the middle of the day in Europe. You're always inconveniencing somebody, but I imagine somewhere between 3 am and 7 am you hit very few people.

Seil

Well, good that I need to go anyway for a bit. Fits me well, but it's really stupid to do this in the middle of the day in Europe. You're always inconveniencing somebody, but I imagine somewhere between 3 am and 7 am you hit very few people.

3 AM UTC would be like 7-10 PM in the continental US time zones. I'd assume that's a pretty solid time for playing.

Ideally they'd take down the EU and US servers at different times, though.

Edit: Also, from what I've seen, the time around noon in the US isn't bad for queues, so I'd assume 11 UTC would be a similar situation in Europe.

Anybody know when this is happening?

Not anytime soon that's for sure. Might be more than a few months, depends on how fast they catch up, but it's at least a few months. It happens after lvl 50 cap. Unless you mean legendaries and what not, then that's... still in a while, probably a couple of months.

On the Soul shields discussion, I got a moonwater duelling set yesterday which has ridiculous hp, but almost no other stats. Planning to infuse crit on it so it doesn't suck as much for damage, but one stat that seems to be sorely missing is accuracy. I'm getting a tons of evades fighting random stuff, which kinda sucks when it happens on your focus recovery skills. That said I was only messing around with pvp daillies with it before the server went down, so maybe it's mostly the pvp mobs that have higher than usual evasion, I'll see in poh later today.

Oh and for Poh24, it's not really a 24man raid or anything. It's basically a normal zone with poh mobs in there, with bosses spawning on timers kinda like world bosses in other zones. It's called 24 cause that's the maximum amount of people in the channel, but half the time you don't even have 24people in there it seems. You mostly run around zerging down poh bosses, it's nice for training for some of the mechanics but the bosses don't have all of them. It's good money and you can get the siren accessories and stuff though, so definitely worth doing.

Chariot

Anybody know when this is happening?
What do you mean? Beyound Siren? Yes, Bloodharbour enables you to level your weapon to Pirate.

3 AM UTC would be like 7-10 PM in the continental US time zones. I'd assume that's a pretty solid time for playing.

Ideally they'd take down the EU and US servers at different times, though.

Edit: Also, from what I've seen, the time around noon in the US isn't bad for queues, so I'd assume 11 UTC would be a similar situation in Europe.
Yeah, what I meant. Different times.

Psyren

Guess i should have explained myself better, my bad.

I was referring to the change in giving out the Hongmoon wep as an endgame item rather than at the beginning.

Psyren

Well since i started over again, i'm only Lv.10 with that BM.

On any given day i'll only get to play 1hr on average, 2hrs at most, and it usually involves interruptions as well. So it's gonna be a long ass time before i hit level cap.

Level 39. Absolutely no problems so far. Sold a few souls tone and made some loot. I've had no dry moments. I hook my boys up with spare essences when I have them. It's been fun.

Kyne

Can someone give me advice on soul shields? I'm level 20 and still rocking the full set I got from that first wheel of fortune thing.. how often should I upgrade this thing? Are there sets I should be seeking out at certain levels? And how worth it is it to be upgrading them via other soul shield parts+that powder?

Advice is appreciated = 3=...

Can someone give me advice on soul shields? I'm level 20 and still rocking the full set I got from that first wheel of fortune thing.. how often should I upgrade this thing? Are there sets I should be seeking out at certain levels? And how worth it is it to be upgrading them via other soul shield parts+that powder?

At 20, you can buy a set with your viridian stones, assuming you've been doing daillies, you need 8 stones to buy the full set, vendor is in Jadestone and the set is a lot better. Then you can buy the Cinderlands set at 32, or just farm Pinchy wheel for the set there at 36ish(or you can buy the better Cinderlands set at 36 but it costs 2stones per piece and you also want to buy the breakthrough weapon for your upgrades, so depends on how many stones you end up with). Then after that you generally keep that until Jianshi wheel in Moonwater, or Kaari if you can't wait. Then it's endgame soulshields.

That's the general good approach for leveling I'd say, at least it's the free one, using seals on low level soul shields is kind of a waste imo.

Stalker wheel > Viridian Coast stones > Cinderlands stones/Pinchy wheel > Kaari/Jianshi wheel.

Chariot

My take: don't fuse at all until you get to Moonwater, because you are going to change your SS quickly and the benefits are rather small for that price, plus the content is easy enough you don't need any edge.

Jiangshi
Viridian Hero
Golden Deva
Cinderlands Hero
Kaari
(Profane)
Moonwater Hero
(Dokuma)
Supply Chain and Moonwater Arena

Then farm purple suppl chain until all your SS parts have perfect parts and infuse with critical.

So shields are just PVE and otherwise fucking useless? That sounds kinda boring imho.

World PvP uses them too, it's actually annoying as shit to kill people with moonwater 40k health if they have % based heals. But in arena it's all normalized, they try for a more fighting game-like approach, so you can't customize stats, it's a lot easier to fine tune balance and stuff like this.

Kitoro

Guess i should have explained myself better, my bad.

I was referring to the change in giving out the Hongmoon wep as an endgame item rather than at the beginning.

What does this mean? They will stop giving new players the Hongmoon weapon until endgame? How does that make any sense?

Kyne

At 20, you can buy a set with your viridian stones, assuming you've been doing daillies, you need 8 stones to buy the full set, vendor is in Jadestone and the set is a lot better. Then you can buy the Cinderlands set at 32, or just farm Pinchy wheel for the set there at 36ish(or you can buy the better Cinderlands set at 36 but it costs 2stones per piece and you also want to buy the breakthrough weapon for your upgrades, so depends on how many stones you end up with). Then after that you generally keep that until Jianshi wheel in Moonwater, or Kaari if you can't wait. Then it's endgame soulshields.

That's the general good approach for leveling I'd say, at least it's the free one, using seals on low level soul shields is kind of a waste imo.

Stalker wheel > Viridian Coast stones > Cinderlands stones/Pinchy wheel > Kaari/Jianshi wheel.

My take: don't fuse at all until you get to Moonwater, because you are going to change your SS quickly and the benefits are rather small for that price, plus the content is easy enough you don't need any edge.

Jiangshi
Viridian Hero
Golden Deva
Cinderlands Hero
Kaari
(Profane)
Moonwater Hero
(Dokuma)
Supply Chain and Moonwater Arena

Then farm purple suppl chain until all your SS parts have perfect parts and infuse with critical.

thanks guys, that's actually really helpful. I'll go pick up the ones in Jadestone then. c:

Psyren

What does this mean? They will stop giving new players the Hongmoon weapon until endgame? How does that make any sense?

I may have incorrectly remembered the discussion from a couple of days ago, but i was under the impression that in the current KR version of the game, you don't get to develop your hongmoon wep until 50, and you get regular weapon drops along the way instead???

Chariot

No, you have the Hongmoon Weapon. Just at some point in lategame, you can finally replace it, since a new weapon to evolve is coming in, is what I understood.

Psyren

No, you have the Hongmoon Weapon. Just at some point in lategame, you can finally replace it, since a new weapon to evolve is coming in, is what I understood.

So basically i'm stuck with the whole breakthrough thing then "-____-

Well in any case, my plan was to buy my way through the leveling process, so i'll just have to bare with it until Lv.15

Kitoro

Wouldn't that piss people off who bought weapon skins and/or applied their Master Pack weapon skin to their Hongmoon?

They'd need to make a new system to remove and replace weapon skins if weapons will be replaced down the line, right?

NeOak

So basically i'm stuck with the whole breakthrough thing then "-____-

Well in any case, my plan was to buy my way through the leveling process, so i'll just have to bare with it until Lv.15
You can't buy the purple boxes. But you can pay for the cash shop keys to open those.

Psyren

Not the purple ones that you need for the breakthrough.

So you'll have to run the dungeons at least once.

Well that's cool. I'm looking to completely avoid leveling my hongmoon weapon all the way through to level cap. I honestly can't be bothered to pray to RNGeezus to make weapon progress while leveling. Fuck... That...

If it means having to constantly use subpar weapons, and making fights harder for myself then it's fine really, i can deal...

Vex_

Banned
I just patched?

Below are the list of changes introduced within the update:
The amount of Hongmoon Keys and Hongmoon Unsealing Charms obtained from certain quests has been increased
Fixed an issue where the client would crash when using the Spar Request function in PvP Arena
Fixed an issue where the “Blue Porcelain” and “Scarlet Shade” costumes could not be put within the Wardrobe
Lowered the amount of Salt Lake Crystals required for the quest “Top Chef” from 7 to 5
The Healing Tonic given during the tutorial quest will now be bound to the hotkey 8 by default
Fixed an issue where it was possible to skip NPC dialogue by using the “F” key during a cinematic
Fixed certain chat commands (emotes) which were not working in French and German
Fixed an issue where items bought from the Hongmoon Store in French or German would display the English name in the mailbox
Fixed various localization issues

Based on the community's feedback, we have implemented the below highly requested features:
We have added a level 10 or below chat restriction for Region, Faction and Party Finder Chat Channels
We have removed the level restriction to report a bot or spammer

Oh, that last bit! NOICE! hopefully I can breathe now without having "BUY GOLD NOW" being shoved in my mouth.

NeOak

Well that's cool. I'm looking to completely avoid leveling my hongmoon weapon all the way through to level cap. I honestly can't be bothered to pray to RNGeezus to make weapon progress while leveling. Fuck... That...

If it means having to constantly use subpar weapons, and making fights harder for myself then it's fine really, i can deal...
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Good luck.

Psyren

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Good luck.

Challenge-Accepted-Baby-Meme-03.jpg

Going to cap my Assassin today and about to start leveling other classes. It's pretty annoying at how cosmetics and conveniences are character based and not account based.

- Clan membership (they could at least make alts not count toward the member cap)
- Paid cash shop costumes and accessories (really guys?)
- Paid weapon skins, summoner pet costumes, and pet accessories
- Limited reward costumes that can only be obtained once (e.g. Corvus)
- Inventory and bank space

Not to mention that removing a weapon glamour or deleting a character with items causes you to lose the items forever.

I need to level an Assassin. Mobs just standing there while you whale on them in stealth is hilariously OP for PvE.

I wonder how Mushin's Tower even works for Assassin. Does anything even attack them ever?

I have read that Mushin's Tower is balanced around such abilities. I don't know if this means Mushin is different for each class (which would certainly be feasible since it's a solo instance) or if it means that enemies are aggressive enough that they are aware of stealth and will AOE or attempt to break it.

Holy fuck! That's amazing! Why dont more mmos allow experimentation like this???!!!!

Sawwweeet! Siiick sick sick!

Most MMOs do not have this level of meaningful customization or controlled PVP balance.

So shields are just PVE and otherwise fucking useless? That sounds kinda boring imho.

The shields system is the best.

- You can wear whatever you want
- You can customize and enhance/upgrade them
- You can multiple shields with different purpose (HP/Tanking/DPS/PVE/PVP)
- PVP is completely equalized and balanced (Arena)

If you want gear advantage in PVP, there is always faction dailies and organized open world although I don't think many are interested in that with how good Arena combat is.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Yay! Hit 45 and finished the current storyline (which is pretty decent!)

Is there a nice write up/round up out there on activities @45 one should be working on?

Chariot

So the server must be down. I can't log in to the game
Maintenance. Should end in half an hour.
Yay! Hit 45 and finished the current storyline (which is pretty decent!)

Is there a nice write up/round up out there on activities @45 one should be working on?
My daily routine:

- Poh 24 Dailies
- Poh 6
- Big Four (Blue Moonwater Dungeons)
- Dailies in Orchard of Souls, Misty Woods and Necropolis
- PVP Dailies at the Beach and Misty Woods
- PVP Duels and Tag Team

Goals:
- Upgrade Weapon
- Upgrade Accessories
- Find Secret Receipts for Guilds
- Get perfect purple Supply Chain SS and Duel Arena SS
- Collect money, soulstones and other shit for future upgrades.
- Level up guilds
- Poh 4
- Get nice costumes
- Help friends and guild members

Adding a level restriction to the chat system is futile. Why not just add user-defined filters that can be updated on the fly? Players can react faster to adapting RMT than developers or suupport teams will ever be able to. It also makes it harder for RMT to predict since they don't know what or how they are being filtered.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Blade & Soul to Release Rising Waters Update on February 10

with the release of Rising Waters, an update including three challenging new pieces of max-level PvE content, and new ways to increase your martial prowess.

Bloodshade/Nightshade Harbor
Available as a 6- or 4-player Heroic (purple) dungeon, Bloodshade Harbor (and its 24-player version, Nightshade Harbor) offers max-level players new challenges against the Blackram pirates, and Poharan's boss, Admiral Hae Mujin himself.

Mushin's Tower – Floors 1–7
Ascend each level of Mushin's Tower—a single player Heroic dungeon—for increasingly greater challenges, and even greater rewards. Additional floors and content will be added to Mushin's Tower in future updates.

Hongmoon Level 5
Hongmoon Levels allow you to continue to gain experience beyond level 45, and unlock additional skill points to increase your character's strength in combat. This update will unlock five Hongmoon Levels to be gained after completion of a new quest.

PvP Preseason

The update will also mark the start of the PvP preseason, with a new in-game UI to see how your skills stack up. You'll also be able to earn and spend Zen Beans—the Blade & Soul PvP currency—from competing against others. As the gameg moves from the preseason to Season 1 in a future update, there will be more information on the high-level rewards you'll be able to earn from dominating your opponents.

http://bns.mmosite.com/news/0126201...lease_rising_waters_update_on_february_.shtml

also over 1 million players

NCSoft's Blade and Soul player count surpasses 1m
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ncsoft-s-blade-and-soul-player-count-surpasses-1m/0161661

eu and america servers are now up too

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Maintenance. Should end in half an hour.My daily routine:

- Poh 24 Dailies
- Poh 6
- Big Four (Blue Moonwater Dungeons)
- Dailies in Orchard of Souls, Misty Woods and Necropolis
- PVP Dailies at the Beach and Misty Woods
- PVP Duels and Tag Team

Goals:
- Upgrade Weapon
- Upgrade Accessories
- Find Secret Receipts for Guilds
- Get perfect purple Supply Chain SS and Duel Arena SS
- Collect money, soulstones and other shit for future upgrades.
- Level up guilds
- Poh 4
- Get nice costumes
- Help friends and guild members

Thanks for this. This is pretty helpful.

I need money, keys, charms and upgrades. So this helps. lol

Kudo

Managed to complete E. Fleet dailies before the maintenance started, now 44 80% so almost 45!
Had some serious fun with friends playing PVP last night, tag team is intense.

Reinstalled the game during maintenance on my SSD, I guess there should be some benefit from having it there rather than the HDD. Hopefully the UI settings etc. weren't deleted in the process though.

Top Bottom