• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got my axe. also this cutscene between the gun lady and the sword lady was actually really well done
if you discount the fanservice of course

Ruff

Can anyone confirm if Profane Shroud is still a droppable costume? It doesn't seem to be in the wardrobe anymore.

ShinMaruku

If the Summoner is any good he'll put the cat in fetal position and it will have 90% damage resist and you will have wasted your burst. Most players will learn the best thing to do is CC the cat by knocking it unconscious for 30 seconds or whatever and then going ham on the Summoner with everything you got.

If you have any way of throwing or kicking the cat over to the other side of the arena that tends to panic the Summoner too.

With a KFM you armbar the cat, then you force them to q or e then you stun and 3rf them. The full combo will kill.

Sorian

Banned
Can anyone confirm if Profane Shroud is still a droppable costume? It doesn't seem to be in the wardrobe anymore.

Some things aren't in the wardrobe and I have no idea why but yes, I just got it over the weekend, it's in the game.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Man I have no idea how to handle Assassins in PvP as a KFM. I just feel like I'm getting stunlocked the whole time and have a hard time countering an invisible opponent.

Watch their hands. If they're moving about in a circular formation that's a move that will stun you if you touch them. Also, don't hit them while they're grounded as they have a counter that can stun you. If they disappear be ready to block from behind. Be wary of the flying moths they generate as that can disable your counter.

We'll probably will be doing 3's today so if you want you can check out BBoy's stream to see how I try to engage them.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Watch their hands. If they're moving about in a circular formation that's a move that will stun you if you touch them. Also, don't hit them while they're grounded as they have a counter that can stun you. If they disappear be ready to block from behind. Be wary of the flying moths they generate as that can disable your counter.

We'll probably will be doing 3's today so if you want you can check out BBoy's stream to see how I try to engage them.

yeah pretty much what he said. if you knock them down backstep out. they can only do flash bang wake up DP aka TAB button. once every 40 seconds

Ugh have to grind to get an upgrade breakthrough item... But no where close to this Tomb Of Exiles. I'm at the sky clear village, how far is that?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would've actually rolled KFM if I knew they could do that.

Got my level 40 breakout and find out the transformation stone I need is going for 8 gold on average. No free ones from the Survey or quests and the recipe is a freaking drop? You shittin me man?

Chariot

Got my level 40 breakout and find out the transformation stone I need is going for 8 gold on average. No free ones from the Survey or quests and the recipe is a freaking drop? You shittin me man?
They removed them, so people like me can't bitch that there is nothing to do without Mushin Tower. Now I am farming gold for my whole session.

With a KFM you armbar the cat, then you force them to q or e then you stun and 3rf them. The full combo will kill.

Apparently, and I say apparently as I haven't been able to pull it off, as BD I can grab the cat and chuck it across the arena, that makes it sleep for 30 seconds, then I can start my air combos on the SMN and try to prevent CC break to kill them before the cat wakes. If the cat wakes I grab the cat and do it again.

This is way harder than it sounds.

Seil

Just started a couple days ago and enjoying it for the most part. Any chance I could get an invite to the GAF guild? IGN is Reina Verne

demented

Is the pvp just a huge stunfest? I've been trying to do dailies while leveling (35 atm) and all that happens is stun stun stun. I know i should get proper skills (or whatever K button things are called) and learn some combos and stuff but man, it's annoying.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is the pvp just a huge stunfest? I've been trying to do dailies while leveling (35 atm) and all that happens is stun stun stun. I know i should get proper skills (or whatever K button things are called) and learn some combos and stuff but man, it's annoying.
Yeah it is, some classes are more focused around it than others but mostly you're just trying to get the other guy into a lock/stay out of a lock yourself.

You get more CC breaks as you go up, and you need to learn to use all your iframe moves, as well as spec into the right skills.
the fuck did i just watch

my mind melted

I don't think destroyer is as interesting but seeing him demolish that summoner was great.

demented

Yeah it is, some classes are more focused around it than others but mostly you're just trying to get the other guy into a lock/stay out of a lock yourself.

You get more CC breaks as you go up, and you need to learn to use all your iframe moves, as well as spec into the right skills.

I don't think destroyer is as interesting but seeing him demolish that summoner was great.

I don't mind it if it's possible to play around it, it not being first stun gg

Zareka

Yeowzers. Store outfits are character bound? And it takes a week to delete characters above level 15?

I'm not used to F2P games at all, so this might be totally normal. I only ever played a purchased some stuff in PSO2. I absolutely adore the gameplay here but dang these prices are putting me off. A single outfit puts me above a month sub in a B2P, add on to that more character slots to try new classes...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or anything. I get that all this stuff is totally optional, so I don't mind it. It's just taking me off guard. Are F2P games really this expensive?

Hoplatee

Just hit 45. No idea what to do next but I like it enough to buy another month premium.

Do wish they change it so if you are done with some xrealm dungeon group that it would just boot you back to the map again where you signed in or something. So many loading screens with the way it is now.

Quonny

i-CV2d9W4-L.jpg

Seil

Yeowzers. Store outfits are character bound? And it takes a week to delete characters above level 15?

I'm not used to F2P games at all, so this might be totally normal. I only ever played a purchased some stuff in PSO2. I absolutely adore the gameplay here but dang these prices are putting me off. A single outfit puts me above a month sub in a B2P, add on to that more character slots to try new classes...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or anything. I get that all this stuff is totally optional, so I don't mind it. It's just taking me off guard. Are F2P games really this expensive?

Yup. F2P games tend to be extremely pricey when you actually buy into them, MMO or otherwise. I'll always be dumbfounded by the mobile gacha games, where a pull tends to cost $5 for a unit/card you'll likely need multiple copies of, there's hundreds of 'em, and good luck getting a good one.

Also really not fond of the week to delete a character over 15, since that's about when I feel I have an idea of how I feel about a class... And that's really not typical, at least in my experience. A delay, sure, but a week is pretty crazy for a level that I could reach in a couple hours lol. Doesn't help that you have 2 slots across all servers.

The character bound outfits are rather disappointing, too. Especially at the price.

The gameplay's fun, though, for the most part.

Person

I loved the outfits I could buy in PSO2, and the amount of customization I could have with the accessories

Zareka

F2P games are the most expensive of games.

The character bound outfits are rather disappointing, too. Especially at the price.
Yeah, I'm beginning to see that now. I'm mostly disappointed at £15ish for an outfit I can only use on one character. That's a lot of dough. Account bound and I could stomach it more easily.
Hahaha. It doesn't really help that I'm not in a good position to be spending a lot of money on this stuff either. Man, if those outfits were £3-£5 a pop...I woulda bought a good few already.
I loved the outfits I could buy in PSO2, and the amount of customization I could have with the accessories
Oh same here, but I didn't like how (iirc) it was bound to a gatcha system. I didn't spend much but it was frustrating to spend even £3 and get garbage from it. It's been a long time, though, there might have been a more expensive yet reliable way to get outfits.

Person

I'm currently level 34, I just don't want to hold people back

It's pretty tricky but I found a group that were mostly 36-ish and we did it with 5, one guy disconnected though so we got rekt the first time we fought the boss, so we waited for him to come back.

Top Bottom