• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Seil

So still no data on ore respawn timer?

Viridian Quartz seems to take 40-60 minutes. I've only personally timed it once, which is where my 40 minute figure comes from. I've read 1 hour a few times, so I'm throwing that in there too. I have no clue on the others.

I need to level an Assassin. Mobs just standing there while you whale on them in stealth is hilariously OP for PvE.

I wonder how Mushin's Tower even works for Assassin. Does anything even attack them ever?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hey guys we're sending out invites to the overflow guild, if you haven't already, post your name here. :)

Is there a resource that shows what every weapon skin looks like? I need to find a staff skin that isn't HOLYFUCKINGSHITGRIMDARKDEMONFACESANDHORNS and such. Just doesn't fit how lighthearted Summoner is.

EDIT: Hoooooly fucking shit, 31 silver to glamor my weapon. Never mind. I'll wait until dailies start giving a ton of money.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Finished most quests. There's a few I skipped because they sucked ass but now I need to look towards end-game.

1) Farm the Brightstone recipe
2) Upgrade stuff to Siren
3) Dokumo + Arena Shields?
4) Faction Dailies?

Hubb

Finished most quests. There's a few I skipped because they sucked ass but now I need to look towards end-game.

1) Farm the Brightstone recipe
2) Upgrade stuff to Siren
3) Dokumo + Arena Shields?
4) Faction Dailies?

Farming Faction Dailies is important because you need the soulshards. It also helps that you can do all of them in 15~ minutes, specially if you catch someone doing them too and group.

Doing the Poh 24 man dailies are important if you want to make some cash, but that's it. They take 45~ give or take 10 minutes depending on how lucky you are.

Farming faction insignia's for the PvP soulshields seems to be the best bet right now (though I'm not 100%). You can use the Soulshields from Poh to add crit to them.

Run the 6 man epic dungeon.

Wait for Tower of Mushin.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What is the Poh 24 man? I assume Poh is Poharan but I wasn't paying attention to any massive instances.

Dresden

deva weapon grind killing my will to grind

got the deva raiment set tho

5DXjhDP.jpg

I don't think I can use the aura, the clipping bothers me too much.

Vex_

Banned
Oh I forgot to ask gaf:

I got upo to the part where it asked me if I wanted to do a pvp, PvE, or dungeon oriented build with my skill points.

1. I just pressed cancel, will I be able to revisit that screen again?

2. Also, would that even be a good thing to follow? I'm sure players have already come up with better builds than that?

3. Is there a way to switch between builds?

4. How much do skill resets cost?

Seil

~1hour if the Node gives 1ore,
~3hours if 2-3 ores
~6hours if 5-7 ores.

At least that were the times I read during beta etc.

This is definitely not currently accurate, I've just timed two Viridian Quartz nodes that provided 2 ore, they respawned at 40 minutes on the dot. I was going to track more nodes, but 9 in a row gave me 2 quartz... Kind of lucky in an unlucky way I guess.

Oh I forgot to ask gaf:

I got upo to the part where it asked me if I wanted to do a pvp, PvE, or dungeon oriented build with my skill points.

2. Also, would that even be a good thing to follow? I'm sure players have already come up with better builds than that?

Infinite free resets. Don't worry about anything and experiment with everything.

Build switching only if you pay for extra pages.

Seil

Oh I forgot to ask gaf:

1. You can do that anytime from the skill menu. In the top right there's a thumbs up icon, it lets you do these "recommended" builds.

2. Can't say, didn't do it myself.

3 & 4. You can change around your skill points freely whenever you want. There's a cash shop item that lets you save multiple builds for quickly swapping, though.

Edit: Beaten, thankfully as double post avoided since I forgot to edit this in x,x

Vex_

Banned
Infinite free resets. Don't worry about anything and experiment with everything.

Build switching only if you pay for extra pages.

1. You can do that anytime from the skill menu. In the top right there's a thumbs up icon, it lets you do these "recommended" builds.

2. Can't say, didn't do it myself.

3 & 4. You can change around your skill points freely whenever you want. There's a cash shop item that lets you save multiple builds for quickly swapping, though.

Edit: Beaten, thankfully as double post avoided since I forgot to edit this in x,x

Holy fuck! That's amazing! Why dont more mmos allow experimentation like this???!!!!

Sawwweeet! Siiick sick sick!

Vex_

Banned
Also, one thing I like about destroyers -- the rescue skill!

Lol you can pick up anyone of your partners in your party, and jump super high and far away like a super hero and place them down lolololol! I can hold anyone in one hand and they look like a tiny doll.

When I started picking people up they were all like "o_O wtf?? You can do that?"

Ooh! Ooh! Another question for gaf:

What does it mean when you have a heart over your head? Does someone have a crush on me?

Chariot

Also, one thing I like about destroyers -- the rescue skill!

Lol you can pick up anyone of your partners in your party, and jump super high and far away like a super hero and place them down lolololol! I can hold anyone in one hand and they look like a tiny doll.

When I started picking people up they were all like "o_O wtf?? You can do that?"

Ooh! Ooh! Another question for gaf:

What does it mean when you have a heart over your head? Does someone have a crush on me?
Sin's are funny too. They can pull dead comrades with the flower from far away through walls. Saw someone pull someone from the other side of the wall at the Gatekeeper in Poh.

Also: you can mark people and enemies with symbols for better communication.

Vex_

Banned
Sin's are funny too. They can pull dead comrades with the flower from far away through walls. Saw someone pull someone from the other side of the wall at the Gatekeeper in Poh.

Also: you can mark people and enemies with symbols for better communication.

Oooooohh <.<

So that means....

"Oooooooooohh".

Psyren

Any idea on when they plan on updating the weapon progression for leveling?

Please don't say in a few months...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Damn, this game randomly KOs my PC just like FF14 does. PC must be allergic to Asian MMOs.

Vex_

Banned
Hey, what shield stats should I be focusing on as a blade dancer? My initial guess was accuracy and block but everyone seems to worship crit regardless of class.

Yea I was thinking block for my destroyer too since I don't evade alot (well I've never seen my destroyer evade at all tbh).

Hey, what shield stats should I be focusing on as a blade dancer? My initial guess was accuracy and block but everyone seems to worship crit regardless of class.

Every class is a DPS in this game, including the tanks. Crit benefits everyone.

A BD benefits from crit because when you're in Draw Stance after pushing C (or V if talented) every time you do your LMB (Flicker) you use up 1 Focus. When you have zero Focus, you are put back into Basic Stance.

The majority of BD DPS is from Draw Stance, that's your burst. When you're in Basic Stance recovering Focus and waiting for C (or V) to come off CD, your DPS is really bad. Your goal as BD is essentially to maintain Draw Stance as long as possible and be in it as often as possible, preferably almost all the time except when you're grabbing the boss or helping with boss CCs because some of your CC skills put you back into Basic stance.

Now, the thing about Flicker is, if you crit with Flicker, you get 1 Lightning Orb (up to a stack of 3). This is what allows you to use Lightning Flash (talented Flash Step) on F. Lightning Flash is a big damage attack, AND it also recovers 1 Focus.

You see where I'm going with this. Everytime your Flicker crits, you get 1 orb or 1 use of Lightning Flash. This is a big DPS burst and it's also recovering your Focus so you can stay in Draw Stance longer.

This is also the basis of the BD anim-cancel. To see this, simply press LMB-LMB-LMB over and over and see how long it takes between each Flicker. Now, use this pattern: LMB-LMB-F-LMB-LMB-F when you have Lightning Orbs. Notice how the 2nd LMB animation cancels instantly into F? That's good, it's a big increase in DPS if you can practice and get that cadence down.

I don't really know what else you want besides HP and Crit. The bosses are designed to punish you severely if they hit you, so you're either iframing with Q/E/SS or a skill that grants invulnerability or blocking if you're BM/KFM. You never rely on natural mitigation for soaking boss hits in this game, you just want a big HP pool so when you do mess up it's not a 1-shot or 2-shot and you want Crit so the boss dies faster. That's pretty much it.

I mean I would imagine PVP builds would naturally dip their toes into block or evasion so accuracy would be vital for a DPS? Like say a PVP and PVE build could be accuracy, hp and crit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lost count after 30 pinchy wheel spins, never gonna get that costume :/

and im done in the zone too, so...meh

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
lost count after 30 pinchy wheel spins, never gonna get that costume :/

and im done in the zone too, so...meh

I had to spend like 50 silver buying up pinchy essences on the marketplace. I would not have had the patience to actually fight that stupid scorpion more then 10 times.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I had to spend like 50 silver buying up pinchy essences on the marketplace. I would not have had the patience to actually fight that stupid scorpion more then 10 times.

didnt know you could buy it. just bought 9 with all the silver I had and nothing lol >_< I give up

I don't think shield builds really matter for PVE.

Um yeah they do. Your pizza is like your gear in other MMOs.

I mean I would imagine PVP builds would naturally dip their toes into block or evasion so accuracy would be vital for a DPS? Like say a PVP and PVE build could be accuracy, hp and crit.

Arena PvP is normalized. What you're wearing is irrelevant there.

OWPvP is pretty much whatever you get your hands on. I don't think anybody cares about OWPvP beyond getting faction dailies done.

Rhaknar

kinda wish you hadnt told me that, at least I would have just wasted my time, not all my money LOL

I have like 40 spins worth of stuff in my bags, plus the weapon boxes I already opened to level my axe and whtnot, until I realised it takes 2 keys to open those. oh well, Ill go back at max level I guess

Top Bottom