• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
My take: don't fuse at all until you get to Moonwater, because you are going to change your SS quickly and the benefits are rather small for that price, plus the content is easy enough you don't need any edge.

Jiangshi
Viridian Hero
Golden Deva
Cinderlands Hero
Kaari
(Profane)
Moonwater Hero
(Dokuma)
Supply Chain and Moonwater Arena

Then farm purple suppl chain until all your SS parts have perfect parts and infuse with critical.

Do different classes have different stats for the purple supply chain SS? I've fused two of them to my PvP set and I'm getting defense bonuses and not crit. Mind you these are from the 24-man reward not the 6-man so it might be different.

Fuz

Banned
Yup, the patch solved everything.
UuMojBj.png

And now low level legit players can't even use the chats. Great job.

Hubb

Do different classes have different stats for the purple supply chain SS? I've fused two of them to my PvP set and I'm getting defense bonuses and not crit. Mind you these are from the 24-man reward not the 6-man so it might be different.

If you want crit your best bet is to use the SS's that drop from 24 Poh. They are green, not the blue ones and not the purple ones. I believe Chariot is saying farm purple until you have 8/8 and then infuse with crit.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
If you want crit your best bet is to use the SH's that drop from 24 Poh. They are green, not the blue ones and not the purple ones.

Yeah just finished reading a guide about this. Are they tradeable? Looks like I'll be farming for a bit today.

I need to look at the stats for the poh set, because upon first glance it didn't look like the stats were much better (if at all) than the PvP set you farm in Misty Woods. Not to mention the bonuses looked meh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
EU broken I guess? Stuck on the Blade and Soul screen after the authenticator

Hubb

Yeah just finished reading a guide about this. Are they tradeable? Looks like I'll be farming for a bit today.

They are, some sell for cheap on the market place but I have found SS8 of the green one to have the most crit on it. It sells for the most in the marketplace too. People in 24 Poh haven't caught on to this and I can pretty much loot every green box without issue. Even if I don't rush to open it people just leave them. As of right now they are real easy to farm, but some of the set can be bought for less than 1 silver.

Higher base stat = Chance of higher infuse stat.

Psyren

How big was today's patch?

And if EU is having issues I guess I'll skip playing this evening and go play some Torchlight instead...

docbon

Going to cap my Assassin today and about to start leveling other classes. It's pretty annoying at how cosmetics and conveniences are character based and not account based.

- Clan membership (they could at least make alts not count toward the member cap)
- Paid cash shop costumes and accessories (really guys?)
- Paid weapon skins, summoner pet costumes, and pet accessories
- Limited reward costumes that can only be obtained once (e.g. Corvus)
- Inventory and bank space

Not to mention that removing a weapon glamour or deleting a character with items causes you to lose the items forever.

Spending money for premium alone annoys me because of the convenience features which would be baseline in other games, but the cash shop monetization scheme is pure basura. I've spent money on the outfits in games like DOTA 2 and GW2, but I wouldn't spend a penny for the items in B&S cash shop in a million years because of the currrent setup.

Hmm, reading the patch notes, I still don't see anything worth patching for so I'm still not gonna bother. Game still launches with the launcher-skip.

Spending money for premium alone annoys me because of the convenience features which would be baseline in other games, but the cash shop monetization scheme is pure basura. I've spent money on the outfits in games like DOTA 2 and GW2, but I wouldn't spend a penny for the items in B&S cash shop in a million years because of the currrent setup.

This is true too. Anyone paying for premium is already subscribing to their service and things like full bank and inventory space should be baseline for premium members.

Dresden

This is true too. Anyone paying for premium is already subscribing to their service and things like full bank and inventory space should be baseline for premium members.

And paying for premium requires buying more coins than you need for the actual subscription. It's a joke.

Hmm, reading the patch notes, I still don't see anything worth patching for so I'm still not gonna bother. Game still launches with the launcher-skip.

lol, the chat level limit isn't going to be effective at all then. GG NC

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, I guess I should start looking into maximizing my Blade Dancer's skill points/potential. The class feels a little squishy and I look at some other classes and they can solo a shitton more than I feel I can (taking into account I may suck too =P).

Any BDs with some advice?

Ferrio

Banned
The marketplace manipulation is downright awful right now. Quartz type items are being bought up then resold in bundles of 50 to try and drive up prices. Doesn't look like many people are biting though, eventually it's going to implode.

ShinMaruku

The marketplace manipulation is downright awful right now. Quartz type items are being bought up then resold in bundles of 50 to try and drive up prices. Doesn't look like many people are biting though, eventually it's going to implode.

It will implode, either way Mushin's tower will add some more stuff.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The 50 bundles are dumb. No one can afford them (below Moonwater) and no one will need that much quartz at one time.

Sin feels awful in the big 4 dungeons. Too hectic and it's impossible to keep track of things to dodge. There's AoE everywhere and bosses turn on a dime so you never know when you're just going to get targeted out of nowhere. Restealthing is a pain. Hitboxes are wonky. I have almost no AoE so I can't contribute to the big pulls.

ShinMaruku

The 50 bundles are dumb. No one can afford them (below Moonwater) and no one will need that much quartz at one time.

Sin feels awful in the big 4 dungeons. Too hectic and it's impossible to keep track of things to dodge. There's AoE everywhere and bosses turn on a dime so you never know when you're just going to get targeted out of nowhere.

You must perfect the stealth build. That way you avoid most of the shit and use your I frames to get out of hairy stuff.

Haly

You must perfect the stealth build. That way you avoid most of the shit and use your I frames to get out of hairy stuff.

I'm using the stealth build. The problem is I can't dodge the bosses' AoE and the 3-4 adds' AoE while avoiding stage hazards. I might as well sit back and Shuriken.

Visual clarity stinks too. It's hard to see orange circles on an orange floor with 3 Force Masters on your team.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

How are you able to bypass surely your version should flag as incompatible with server etc.

Is ncsoft really that bad lol

ShinMaruku

I'm using the stealth build. The problem is I can't dodge the bosses' AoE and the 3-4 adds' AoE while avoiding stage hazards. I might as well sit back and Shuriken.

Visual clarity stinks too. It's hard to see orange circles on an orange floor with 3 Force Masters on your team.

It's a bit hairy in a team thing. I just stealth solo.

Quonny

It's amazing when you realize that, wait a second, a lot of "auto attacks" in this game are actually cones or circles and can be dodged completely.

Hubb

Sin feels awful in the big 4 dungeons. Too hectic and it's impossible to keep track of things to dodge. There's AoE everywhere and bosses turn on a dime so you never know when you're just going to get targeted out of nowhere. Restealthing is a pain. Hitboxes are wonky. I have almost no AoE so I can't contribute to the big pulls.

Sin is pretty good in all 4 of the dungeons, at least I don't have any issues. During bosses it is worth turning off other players though. My computer doesn't have any issue playing the game, but 5 other people throwing bullshit AoE out makes paying attention to the bosses hard.

Abuse iframes. You have many. You have to be on point. :3

I'd love to see a sin solo some of the 4 dungeons they are talking about. I don't think it is possible with the gear out currently.

Haly

Sin is pretty good in all 4 of the dungeons, at least I don't have any issues. During bosses it is worth turning off other players though. My computer doesn't have any issue playing the game, but 5 other people throwing bullshit AoE out makes paying attention to the bosses hard.

I didn't know I could turn off players. Gonna try that and fiddle with other settings.

That pig boss with the room-wide poison. How do you handle that?

Sorian

Banned
Speaking of other players, am I just supposed to resign myself to the fact that the game is going to run like garbage during Blackwyrm and the Ogres?

I get 5-10 fps at best in there and no amount of settings tinkering or hiding players is doing anything to fix that.

Top Bottom