• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Hubb

I didn't know I could turn off players. Gonna try that and fiddle with other settings.

That pig boss with the room-wide poison. How do you handle that?

ctrl+f will hide players, you will still see their nametags, but the skills will be greatly diminished. It is a huge help and NCsoft should advertise the feature more. It is almost necessary in the larger areas when tons of people stack on a single boss.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm using the stealth build. The problem is I can't dodge the bosses' AoE and the 3-4 adds' AoE while avoiding stage hazards. I might as well sit back and Shuriken.

Visual clarity stinks too. It's hard to see orange circles on an orange floor with 3 Force Masters on your team.

I found myself disabling the 'view other characters' more often as of late. Helps so much when doing dungeons/raids.

Brokun

Damn, I want to level an Assassin now, but since there's an overflow guild I doubt alts are allowed in the main guild. What is the alt policy for the overflow guild?

Ricker

The in game tutorial for some stuff in this game is non existant,unless I missed it...every once in a while,during a fight(blade dancer)I see little balls around me,sometimes up to 3 of them and I have an icon that pops up in the middle left of the screen that I have like 10 seconds it seems to activate or use or something...how do I activate this...someone in whispers told me space bar but that doesnt work I just jump when I hit space bar...

SDBurton

Damn, I want to level an Assassin now, but since there's an overflow guild I doubt alts are allowed in the main guild. What is the alt policy for the overflow guild?

At this time our priority is everyone getting settled with either the main or overflow guild before we consider inviting alts.

Ferrio

Banned
The in game tutorial for some stuff in this game is non existant,unless I missed it...every once in a while,during a fight(blade dancer)I see little balls around me,sometimes up to 3 of them and I have an icon that pops up in the middle left of the screen that I have like 10 seconds it seems to activate or use or something...how do I activate this...someone in whispers told me space bar but that doesnt work I just jump when I hit space bar...

If it's offset a bit to the right it's probably the F key. Atleast on KFM there's contextual attacks on the F key that pop up if the prereqs were met. The space bar is for joint attacks which will be right in the middle and a lot bigger.

So, I guess I should start looking into maximizing my Blade Dancer's skill points/potential. The class feels a little squishy and I look at some other classes and they can solo a shitton more than I feel I can (taking into account I may suck too =P).

Any BDs with some advice?

The classes soloing those things have block or stealth.

I've been using these guides for learning to play BD:

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/140037-blade-dancer-basic-guide-by-kyin/

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/140040-blade-dancer-advanced-guide-by-kyin/

At this time our priority is everyone getting settled with either the main or overflow guild before we consider inviting alts.

We could always make an alt guild.

It would be called Skeptical because the alternate option to belief is skepticism. :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
First time trying to Moonwater PvP dailies.

Crimson zerg in Channel 1 sieging base.
Roaming Crimson in Channel 2
Channel 3 is full
Channel 4, more roaming Crimsons.

Ceruleans are nonexistent.

Welp, there goes that daily grind.

Sorian

Banned
First time trying to Moonwater PvP dailies.

Crimson zerg in Channel 1 sieging base.
Roaming Crimson in Channel 2
Channel 3 is full
Channel 4, more roaming Crimsons.

Ceruleans are nonexistent.

Welp, there goes that daily grind.

Ask in faction chat where ceruleans are. The server has basically figured out that if blues stay in some channels and reds stay in other channels then everyone can get everything done with minimal hassle (though some assholes still exist). Getting most of the Moonwater dailies done should be easy. I only have real issue with killing the Crimson Leader guy who patrols their side of the area, killing 10 crimson players (meh lol), and Blackwyrm because sometimes he just doesn't drop his quest item and I don't feel like spending the absurd amount of time it takes to kill him on most nights more than once.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll try that but honestly I was hoping for more Southshore and less whatever this is. I guess the game is too balanced around 1v1 for that.

Person

thx rng
5ugmCB8.png

i hope i havent spent all my luck, still want the profane shroud

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

Quonny

Thanks for this. They say never to use the launcher in PvE. Why is this?

Because it's awful damage for both yourself and your group. You can't attack enemies in the air, and neither can your allies. Even by yourself you do more damage in the same time, and usually if you don't launch you have an ability to CC the target.

I absolutely hate when people launch bosses in the air. It's 2 seconds of no damage. PVP is another story because of cooldowns and such.

Kintaro

Because it's awful damage for both yourself and your group.

You can't attack enemies in the air, and neither can your allies. Even by yourself you do more damage in the same time, and usually if you don't launch you have an ability to CC the target.

I absolutely hate when people launch bosses in the air. It's 2 seconds of no damage.

Well, good thing I read that then!

SDBurton

Because it's awful damage for both yourself and your group. You can't attack enemies in the air, and neither can your allies. Even by yourself you do more damage in the same time, and usually if you don't launch you have an ability to CC the target.

I absolutely hate when people launch bosses in the air. It's 2 seconds of no damage. PVP is another story because of cooldowns and such.

Unfortunately this will be an issue somewhat with KFMs, as our RMB has a skill that generates 150% threat on hit, but if the target is stunned, our skill will switch to a launcher. I spam my RMB when I fight bosses just so I can ensure that I'm on the top with threat. :lol

Guess we just need to be more aware of the stuns, something I can easily fix.

Speaking of other players, am I just supposed to resign myself to the fact that the game is going to run like garbage during Blackwyrm and the Ogres?

I get 5-10 fps at best in there and no amount of settings tinkering or hiding players is doing anything to fix that.

Unfortunately as far as I know that's neither the developers fault (well aside from choosing UE3) nor the fault of BnS itself really. The Unreal Engine 3 can get ridiculously CPU bound in some situations so other than having a Intel CPU overclocked beyond 4.0ghz there's little you can do :/

Sorian

Banned
Unfortunately as far as I know that's neither the developers fault (well aside from choosing UE3) nor the fault of BnS itself really. The Unreal Engine 3 can get ridiculously CPU bound in some situations so other than having a Intel CPU overclocked beyond 4.0ghz there's little you can do :/

Damn. Already takes the extremely unfun Blackwyrm and makes it a million times worse. Oh well.

Damn. Already takes the extremely unfun Blackwyrm and makes it a million times worse. Oh well.

Well in theory they could update the whole game to run on a better multi-threaded version of UE3 (if they aren't already, I know UE3 has quite a few sub-versions) but I think that would be quite the herculean effort for a 2012 game so yeah... :(

The hardest RNG costume is easily the Kaari costume.

Pinchy takes way longer with the stupid underground stuff and gives the same amount of tokens. And that's just counting wheels, Poh costumes are more annoying since they require dungeon runs(and not dungeons you can do quickly like lower ones).

Chariot

The struggle of trying to solo Brightsone and getting smacked by the second boss. Fuck the giant ice aoes and the 10k damage snowballs >_>

Stalk

Took me ages to realise that the hongmoon keys unlocked the locked chests as well... whoops. Wondered why I had no keys but all these chests. Got my Level 10 Hongmoon Axe though now.

Going rather slowly but enjoying it. Don't get a lot of time in the evenings to play.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm up to $25 in purchases. That's fine, I don't mind spending money on a F2P game I'm enjoying until I hit $50 (price for new game).

Dreavus

Thinking about getting into this game. How similar is it to those other "Action" f2p MMOs out there? I played a lot of Vintictus a while back, and still try to keep up with Dragon Nest a small amount these days. It at least looks somewhat similar, except perhaps more open world than those games.

SDBurton

Thinking about getting into this game. How similar is it to those other "Action" f2p MMOs out there? I played a lot of Vintictus a while back, and still try to keep up with Dragon Nest a small amount these days. It at least looks somewhat similar, except perhaps more open world than those games.

It definitely is and the combat is amazing.

Kintaro

At doctors office waiting around. Anything i should know about the big 4 blue dungens or the e. Supply field ine?

Person

I also bought a alter appearance ticket since I was going twintails, and I just found out that it wasn't the game camera that was bad, but it seems that it doesn't move higher depending on you character's height

Top Bottom