• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Anyone know a rough estimate of how many total soulstones are needed to get the hongmoon weapon to the final "True Siren" weapon tier?

I just got to the Awakened Profane part and it's asking for a couple of them when I try to feed it some junk weapons. 20? 50?

This is the only material I'm lacking, so I'm kinda worried.

I've heard wardrobe is broken, anyone having that issue?

Yeah broken here too. I'm kind of annoyed by it. Glad I hang onto to my pvp costume so it doesn't get locked out and have to spend 5silver get a temporary one.

EDarkness

You can use the weapons you find if you want but generally your Hongmoon weapon is supposed to grow with you and has superior stats for weapons of the same level.

Man, that's a bummer. I really don't like the look of this sword and I was hoping to trade it in by now. :(

Zand

Neo Member
Anyone know a rough estimate of how many total soulstones are needed to get the hongmoon weapon to the final "True Siren" weapon tier?

I just got to the Awakened Profane part and it's asking for a couple of them when I try to feed it some junk weapons. 20? 50?

This is the only material I'm lacking, so I'm kinda worried.

Yeah broken here too. I'm kind of annoyed by it. Glad I hang onto to my pvp costume so it doesn't get locked out and have to spend 5silver get a temporary one.

You'll need MANY more soulstones as you upgrade your weapon. To go from True Profane to the first Siren weapon, you'll need 4 moonwater tansformation stones, 70 soulstones, 10 Pohwaran Perfumes, 5 Naryu Coins (purple ones), and 10g. The amounts of materials keep going up...prepare yourself.

Chariot

The anime was crap overall.

But it had funny aspects, like the silent, emotionless and passive protagonist who couldn't be less interested in everything, just doing what people told her to do, mostly watching as events unfolded by themselves. Like a true MMORPG character.

You'll need MANY more soulstones as you upgrade your weapon. To go from True Profane to the first Siren weapon, you'll need 4 moonwater tansformation stones, 70 soulstones, 10 Pohwaran Perfumes, 5 Naryu Coins (purple ones), and 10g. The amounts of materials keep going up...prepare yourself.

That's not too bad then. I'm just short on soulstones. The perfumes are cheap, I got 7 naryu coins. The crafting fee isn't too bad. For the 2 moonwater transformation stones I'll have to play around the marketplace with...

Ugh yeah just gonna take some work to do.

But it had funny aspects, like the silent, emotionless and passive protagonist who couldn't be less interested in everything, just doing what people told her to do, mostly watching as events unfolded by themselves. Like a true MMORPG character.

I'd hate to be the guy who had to flesh out that story, in that case.

EDarkness

The main character spends almost the whole series getting her ass kicked. Got boring and stupid after a while. Series started off well, though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
^sounds the main story of blade and soul and least the point where I'm at.

Ferrio

Banned
My head canon is my character is killing anyone that calls her cricket. Calling her that is signing your death certificate.

Zareka

Man, still dunno if I'm feeling my Force Master but I don't want to have to wait a week to delete it. Plus I like the Gon I made (apart from all these outfits having NO BRA) and they don't have the other class I did like, Blade Master.

Then again I am still working out what the heck is going on with this. I just discovered frost mode has a cool F move that fires out a bunch of ice bolts. Learning this combat system's gonna be a long process. I'm liking that though. It's a lot different from your usual WoW/FFXIV/SWTOR system.

Zand

Neo Member
That's not too bad then. I'm just short on soulstones. The perfumes are cheap, I got 7 naryu coins. The crafting fee isn't too bad. For the 2 moonwater transformation stones I'll have to play around the marketplace with...

Ugh yeah just gonna take some work to do.

Just to be sure, but the purple Naryu Coins require 20 blue Naryu Coins each, so you would need 100 blue Naryu Coins. Easy to get really if you farm the bosses in Poh24.

When are u suppose to use the Brilliant Moonwater Key which u get from the survey? Almost lvl 45 now (43).
Don't quote me on this, but I think the brilliant keys just guarantee that whatever comes out of the chest is for your class. You constantly hear how people are having a difficult time getting their class's weapon from Pinchy or Blackram. I think the brilliant keys allow you to get your item immediately.

Just to be sure, but the purple Naryu Coins require 20 blue Naryu Coins each, so you would need 100 blue Naryu Coins. Easy to get really if you farm the bosses in Poh24.

I think that's what I have? There's two coin icons I have. One has a gray background and the other has purple. And yeah I've been doing poh24. I can't really look right now since I closed the game.

arimanius

Yup, that's the first Jin dance. The second dance has her going nyan nyan .

Expand thickness on all bottom portions and you'll have the best butt on the block :) Make the waist slim for better results. Applies to all, even Lyn :D

#TeamJin

They all do :)

You've convinced me roll a blademaster and make her a Jin. Time to take a break from my KFM.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Does anyone even know what the hell is going in the story? All I know is that I am listening to this one guy in the Cinderlands that I know my character could kill but isn't....

I...think I understand it.

Dude betrays Hongmoon school because he wants to join dark side and get dank hongmoon kung fu techniques that are forbidden. You get infected with black rose and don't die because reasons, get your ass kicked and fall into the ocean from the floating hongmoon school. Cue villagers getting attacked by blackram and shit -> help them -> begin hunt to brutally murder dude who betrayed you. blah blah help villagers -> meet the masters and sages or w/e and apparently they saw a vision that you're the chosen one to defeat the dark lord or something. They help you unblock your chi and...stuff. You learn about Mushin's legacy which could totally help you fight the trench coat mafia and win. Bad guys want Mushin's legacy too you go to desert area to....I forget. Basically piss off Yonkai and instead of brutally murdering him like any sane person would you start working for him because that's totally the best course of action. He wants Mushin's legacy for power and w/e and wants you to find the silver and gold pieces. Cue being an errand boy/girl for a couple hours. You find the pieces and find that thief girl is waifu mushin's descendant and yehara's niece. She of course doesn't stay under yehara's protection because that makes too much sense, ends up getting kidnapped like 3 times. You find giant mechanical bird that only responds to mushins blood. Open up Mushins temple and find Mushin's legacy and it turns out betrayer dude betrayed the trench coat mafia (what a surprise!) and wants the power for himself. For some reason you can actually fight him and wreck his shit. Instead of using Mushins power to brutally murder him you use it to safe the dumb thief girl because it's what your master would've wanted or something illogical nonsense like that. So the girl who enjoys running into danger and away from safety is now infused with the world's greatest power and the 3 sages who opened the temple have to die, because reasons. Of course thief girl gets kidnapped and the lyn sage who had visions sends you into his dreams or something to unblock your chi and save you from the black rose. Then you get teleported to present time location of lyn village and now need to liberate it from the Talos empire because they're doing bad shit with soul stones.

That's as far as I am.

TL;DR I should've just skipped the cut scenes and dialogue.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wish this game would use anti-rez barriers like normal people instead of fire that insta kills you at range.

Person

Yeah, you actually don't go into
Madun's memories. From what I remember you use the Dragon pulse to go back in time which is where you first meet Jinsoyun.

This is one of those cases where someone goes too far in thinking that their personal version of the story is better than what's already there, which results in some stuff that a poster broke down in detail before but I can't remember the link at the moment. Their change more or less introduced some plot holes, so just consider the Madun's memories part as going back in time which is what it actually is.

that explains it but what did jinsoyun do to the villagers

did she just put them to sleep

i thought they died but it looks like they just didn't get to escape

Zand

Neo Member
I think that's what I have? There's two coin icons I have. One has a gray background and the other has purple. And yeah I've been doing poh24. I can't really look right now since I closed the game.

Ok, that sounds right. You can never have too many Naryu Coins (both types), they will be needed throughout the game for upgrades, and also for Guild stuff.

ShinMaruku

I...think I understand it.

Dude betrays Hongmoon school because he wants to join dark side and get dank hongmoon kung fu techniques that are forbidden. You get infected with black rose and don't die because reasons, get your ass kicked and fall into the ocean from the floating hongmoon school. Cue villagers getting attacked by blackram and shit -> help them -> begin hunt to brutally murder dude who betrayed you. blah blah help villagers -> meet the masters and sages or w/e and apparently they saw a vision that you're the chosen one to defeat the dark lord or something. They help you unblock your chi and...stuff. You learn about Mushin's legacy which could totally help you fight the trench coat mafia and win. Bad guys want Mushin's legacy too you go to desert area to....I forget. Basically piss off Yonkai and instead of brutally murdering him like any sane person would you start working for him because that's totally the best course of action. He wants Mushin's legacy for power and w/e and wants you to find the silver and gold pieces. Cue being an errand boy/girl for a couple hours. You find the pieces and find that thief girl is waifu mushin's descendant and yehara's niece. She of course doesn't stay under yehara's protection because that makes too much sense, ends up getting kidnapped like 3 times. You find giant mechanical bird that only responds to mushins blood. Open up Mushins temple and find Mushin's legacy and it turns out betrayer dude betrayed the trench coat mafia (what a surprise!) and wants the power for himself. For some reason you can actually fight him and wreck his shit. Instead of using Mushins power to brutally murder him you use it to safe the dumb thief girl because it's what your master would've wanted or something illogical nonsense like that. So the girl who enjoys running into danger and away from safety is now infused with the world's greatest power and the 3 sages who opened the temple have to die, because reasons. Of course thief girl gets kidnapped and the lyn sage who had visions sends you into his dreams or something to unblock your chi and save you from the black rose. Then you get teleported to present time location of lyn village and now need to liberate it from the Talos empire because they're doing bad shit with soul stones.

That's as far as I am.

TL;DR I should've just skipped the cut scenes and dialogue.
Time to blow your mind. Don't click unless ya wanna git spoiled
Jin Seyon is not the villian, matter of fact she's playing everybody off each other for revenge, you redeem her.

docbon

that explains it but what did jinsoyun do to the villagers

did she just put them to sleep

i thought they died but it looks like they just didn't get to escape

I didn't even get to see because that dumb stun from the black rose messed with my camera angle and forced me to look at the ground.

Shin I totally thought that spoiler was for something that was currently ingame. rip.

ShinMaruku

I didn't even get to see because that dumb stun from the black rose messed with my camera angle and forced me to look at the ground.

Shin I totally thought that spoiler was for something that was currently ingame. rip.

Oh when you find out how it's great. I never gave you the whole thing. :p

Zand

Neo Member
I'm just saying, be a bit more clear with the spoilers since it references upcoming content.

Don't be too disappointed by what Shin said, if you've liked the Story that you've seen, you'll really really like what is coming. Look forward to it! (nothing new happens til we start to get the lvl50 content patches).

Baalzebup

Finally dipped my hand at Arena PvP with my Blade Master at lv 35. 3 matches so far, only lost the initial round VS some KFM while I was still getting my bearings.

Two Blade Dancers after that. The first was easy after I adjusted to the parry/spin spam, the other one had some moves. First round with the second one was very neck and neck, I think I won by 500 hp or something.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Finally dipped my hand at Arena PvP with my Blade Master at lv 35. 3 matches so far, only lost the initial round VS some KFM while I was still getting my bearings.

Two Blade Dancers after that. The first was easy after I adjusted to the parry/spin spam, the other one had some moves. First round with the second one was very neck and neck, I think I won by 500 hp or something.

Blade Dancers are tricky and I hate facing them and Summoners in arena. :lol

Dresden

the q/e feels super sluggish on kfm, figured it might go away but it never does. I find myself mashing it to activate it, whereas it's smooth on a bm.

Person

custom gangplank style was worth
flG54mr.jpg

Top Bottom