• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

My go to costume has finally been released!

ywOak4E.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why would the thread get locked for posting pictures of the game in the thread devoted to it?

I mean BnS has 2 things going for it:

1. PvP
2. Collecting outfits for dress up time.

The thread getting locked over one of the main aspects of the game would be pretty silly.

"just because its in the game". Yes, lets go see how much stuff from "in the game" from Senran Kagura games people post for example. if something from in the game is NSFW (and compared to other things that are considered NSFW on Gaf, that Stinger costume on Gons most certainly is), then you dont post it, better sfe than sorry imo. Or at least link to it instead.

Ferrio

Banned
"just because its in the game". Yes, lets go see how much stuff from "in the game" from Senran Kagura games people post for example. if something from in the game is NSFW (and compared to other things that are considered NSFW on Gaf, that Stinger costume on Gons most certainly is), then you dont post it, better sfe than sorry imo. Or at least link to it instead.

I have yet to see a DOAX thread locked, I'd think we're in the clear as nothing has come close to what's in those.

Seems like it's getting easier to get into Mushin after 6 EST, which means I can start playing more often now.

Can someone send me an invite to the guild: Aoi Shieru

Hoplatee

After just randomly spamming buttons on my FM for 45 levels while levelling I finally decided to play it proper with a burn build.

It's uh... Well, easy/simple but goddamn, that damage.

Even in my shit gear I feel like some badass mage just wrecking stuff. And Bosses like to wreck me as well after a little while :D

Still can't enter the supply instance with F8 though. Guess I missed some quest or didn't evolve my gear enough. No idea.

Chariot

I would always be cautious. The article is quoting from KotakuInAction, which is a GamerGate hub. "Ethnics in Game Journalism" is plastered over the whole subreddit.

That said, the storyline is indeed changed to the worse, because apparently the localisation team doesn't like the idea of timetravel writing in horrendous plotholes and making the villains appear super stupid and cliche. And well, we all surely know by now what to think about the translation quality as a whole.

Costumes though, costumes are not censored at all.

Zand

Neo Member
Nope,thats not it...oh well,I will check if theres a tutorial in game...I tried asking in the game chat but its impossible to read any response right now,I switched to faction chat and its just as bad.

When you use RMB repeatedly, you will build up those orbs on Crits. Once you have 3 (might be just 1-3), you can use a different attack, which might be TAB, it does really nice damage.

Alrus

I would always be cautious. The article is quoting from KotakuInAction, which is a GamerGate hub. "Ethnics in Game Journalism" is plastered over the whole subreddit.

That said, the storyline is indeed changed to the worse, because apparently the localisation team doesn't like the idea of timetravel writing in horrendous plotholes and making the villains appear super stupid and cliche. And well, we all surely know by now what to think about the translation quality as a whole.

Costumes though, costumes are not censored at all.

Oh that was that stuff in Brightstone was about, I was wondering what was up with "travelling into memories" thing.

Also so far (I'm not done with the whole story yet), villains seem at least slightly more clever than the good dudes, who are so far completely stupid in every action they take.

Tabby

After just randomly spamming buttons on my FM for 45 levels while levelling I finally decided to play it proper with a burn build.

It's uh... Well, easy/simple but goddamn, that damage.

Even in my shit gear I feel like some badass mage just wrecking stuff. And Bosses like to wreck me as well after a little while :D

Still can't enter the supply instance with F8 though. Guess I missed some quest or didn't evolve my gear enough. No idea.

Dude I know! 2 does so much damage when the burn debuff is up.

I do want to try an ice build though, I just have no idea where to start.

Chariot

Oh that was that stuff in Brightstone was about, I was wondering what was up with "travelling into memories" thing.

Also so far (I'm not done with the whole story yet), villains seem at least slightly more clever than the good dudes, who are so far completely stupid in every action they take.
In the original - as far as I understood - she insists on not killing you, because she saw you in the past with the mark and is confused about that. A lot better reason than "muhahaha, evulz". Really don't know what the localisation team was thinking. Or if it was thinking.

Zand

Neo Member
If this thread was locked because people were posting images of a Gon wearing the Stinger outfit, that would such a NeoGAF thing, laughable and sad at the same time. I cannot even imagine what will happen once images of Julia are posted here.

Yeah, you actually don't go into
Madun's memories. From what I remember you use the Dragon pulse to go back in time which is where you first meet Jinsoyun.

This is one of those cases where someone goes too far in thinking that their personal version of the story is better than what's already there, which results in some stuff that a poster broke down in detail before but I can't remember the link at the moment. Their change more or less introduced some plot holes, so just consider the Madun's memories part as going back in time which is what it actually is.

arimanius

If this thread was locked because people were posting images of a Gon wearing the Stinger outfit, that would such a NeoGAF thing, laughable and sad at the same time. I cannot even imagine what will happen once images of Julia are posted here.

Just googled that. LOL!

That's a gif of a Jin? Always thought it was a Gon. lol

Yup, that's the first Jin dance. The second dance has her going nyan nyan .

But the Gon women have better butts!

Expand thickness on all bottom portions and you'll have the best butt on the block :) Make the waist slim for better results. Applies to all, even Lyn :D

But they don't

#TeamJin

Lies and slander my good sire! Who has better?

They all do :)

Yup, that's the first Jin dance. The second dance has her going nyan nyan .

Expand thickness on all bottom portions and you'll have the best butt on the block :) Make the waist slim for better results. Applies to all, even Yun :D

#TeamJin

They all do :)

This calls for a dance off sir!!

This calls for a dance off sir!!

I'll try to make a gif of my KFM when I get home from work. She'll bring milkshakes and honey buns for all.

All I know is that the Yun dance like bellydancers and the Jin make better use of the booty except for Gon's first dance. Haven't made a Lyn character yet, but I intend to make a summoner down the line :)

I'll try to make a gif of my KFM when I get home from work. She'll bring milkshakes and honey buns for all.

All I know is that the Yun dance like bellydancers and the Jin make better use of the booty except for Gon's first dance. Haven't made a Lyn character yet, but I intend to make a summoner down the line :)

I need to use FRAPs or something to record mine. Is it me or is the screenshot function in this game kinda lacking.

Zand

Neo Member
Dude I know! 2 does so much damage when the burn debuff is up.

I do want to try an ice build though, I just have no idea where to start.

Ice is a bit different, and pretty bursty compared to Burn, but very simple. The build revolves around Cold Snap and Ice Rain. It will do a bit less dmg than a Burn build, but it can have higher burst, and is much easier on your mana (chi/focus whatever).

It also suffers a bit from the slowish build up of Ice Rain, which can be annoying if there is a lot of movement involved (like with Pohwaran jumping around a lot), but if you can stay in range and have IR going at full speed when Cold Snap lands....that is a lot of damage.

Once we are current with KR content (with elemental gear), the Ice build beats Burn...but that will be a long time. Also, you may have read that KR players dislike Ice (Freeze) because it can disrupt CC cycles, this is true, but the ONLY skill that can Freeze (root) a boss is the #3 skill, and that can be spec'd into a double stun...so a non issue.

Here is a sample build, note that its based on the 3.0 skill patch that KR has, so its not exactly what we have, but you should be able to figure it out:

Ice Ice Ice

If you change the #1 skill to Impact (the one which deals more dmg, stuns and knockbacks Frozen mobs) you can stun locked mobs easily (trash mobs).

PYgtZ.png

DIS AIN'T OVA!!!

SDBurton suggests using IrFanView for screenshots. I think you can use fraps to help make gifs, but I haven't tried it yet.

Make sure you get the gif to be buttery smooth :)

Lol just learning how to make Gifs, using One Punch Man to practice.
Is there any other programs anyone recommends to record gameplay for BnS?

Disxo

Man I want to play now, anyone knows how to get little addicted brothers out of my Pc.

Btw is there a manga of blade and soul?
Want to know about the lore.

Lol just learning how to make Gifs, using One Punch Man to practice.
Is there any other programs anyone recommends to record gameplay for BnS?

I used Nvidia Shadowplay to record some footage a while back. It works well for me because it keeps the framerate intact. I'll try it out again later today to see if that can work for gifs.

Man I want to play now, anyone knows how to get little addicted brothers out of my Pc.

Btw is there a manga of blade and soul?
Want to know about the lore.

I think there's an anime for the game. It would explain this :D

I used Nvidia Shadowplay to record some footage a while back. It works well for me because it keeps the framerate intact. I'll try it out again later today to see if that can work for gifs.

Ah I have that too... Also got a month of Premium Membership for this game. Don't mind spending the money... Debating about getting some cosmetic items too bad they are character bound.

Ranmo

Can confirm. Jin have great hometowns. My Yun's hometown is OP though. Especially with /dance2. I didn't like the standard Yun body type so I put some work in during the creation process. Wanted to keep it at one of each race. :/

EDarkness

When do I get a new weapon? I'm level 14 and I've been using the same Hongmoon Sword since I got to the mainland. Is there only one weapon in the game?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When do I get a new weapon? I'm level 14 and I've been using the same Hongmoon Sword since I got to the mainland. Is there only one weapon in the game?

You can use the weapons you find if you want but generally your Hongmoon weapon is supposed to grow with you and has superior stats for weapons of the same level.

Ranmo

Just keep upgrading it. Once it reaches the point where it can "breakthrough" it transforms into a new weapon visually. Breakthroughs also require specific weapons and materials in order for the weapon to evolve. So you still find yourself searching for drops in dungeons and what not.

Ah I have that too... Also got a month of Premium Membership for this game. Don't mind spending the money... Debating about getting some cosmetic items too bad they are character bound.

Just be careful who you spend it on. If you can't decide just the NCoin for more premium time

It does. I made the GIF on the previous page with a video recorded from Shadowplay.

Good to hear. Thanks :)

Top Bottom