• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Just ordered! $81.89 oh lawd! But I can't wait to play this... I had no idea this game was coming out until I saw this thread. I'll play some more P4Arena until it arrives.

When can I expect to get it? I did FedEx and it says 1-3days but I don't believe that

Astarte

Just ordered! $81.89 oh lawd! But I can't wait to play this... I had no idea this game was coming out until I saw this thread. I'll play some more P4Arena until it arrives.

When can I expect to get it? I did FedEx and it says 1-3days but I don't believe that

Play-asia is fickle on new game releases. Sometimes you get them in a working day, sometimes you get them ~5 days later. It really depends on how swamped they are with orders.
You can probably expect to get it on the tail end of 3-4 days.

Gxgear

The original Blazblue is probably my favorite fighting game on the current generation, but I just stopped playing fighters and skipped next ones. I feel like jumping in again, but I don't to buy it on the PS3. Hoping for a PS4 or PC version in the future.

Just saw the full roster. So much better than the original one.

I'm on the same boat with you. They've already revealed they're working on a title for PS4 so I'm just going to wait for that.

Onemic

Didn't you get the Asian version pretty sure everyone got Japanese version.

There are no eng subs for Asian version they're identical.

oh no. Are the menu's in English at least? That's the main reason why I got it(I wasn't expect eng subs). It says there's an english option...

RoeBear

oh no. Are the menu's in English at least? That's the main reason why I got it(I wasn't expect eng subs). It says there's an english option...

I think they're identical apart from having to use the different PSN stores, not entirely sure*. So I think the menus all are in Japanese but Dustloop already has all the menus translated.
Either way Asian version was cheaper and DLC will probably be cheaper on HK store so it's not entirely bad.

antibolo

Banned
How fast is the free shipping? I've heard horror stories before.

I'm in Canada and Play-Asia free shipping usually takes about 3 weeks, 2 if I'm lucky. HOWEVER they never charged me customs so I still prefer it, last time I picked FedEx for a Play-Asia order I got hit by 18$ customs charges, so it ended up costing me quite a bit in total shipping overhead.

Shito

Tempted to get a jpn card and pickup the digital version. Anybody download it?
I'm in the same boat: I've just hit the japan store to buy the two new Jojo characters, and I realize I could avoid bothering myself with local import shops and just order a 10,000 yens card from play-asia for roughly the same price I would buy the game in store. And I'd still have change left for the DLC characters.

Hmmmm...

RoeBear

Not to be a jerk or anything but I hope by the time I play this some of the people playing in the streams go to training mode. I've mainly been watching Brett's stream and haven't seen a basic Hazama or Jin BnB. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but dang c'mon son.

thundr51

I'm in the same boat: I've just hit the japan store to buy the two new Jojo characters, and I realize I could avoid bothering myself with local import shops and just order a 10,000 yens card from play-asia for roughly the same price I would buy the game in store. And I'd still have change left for the DLC characters.

Hmmmm...

Let me know if you do this. Itching to play this but really want the digital version so I don't have to wait. I still have my JPN account so at least that's done.

Shito

Let me know if you do this. Itching to play this but really want the digital version so I don't have to wait. I still have my JPN account so at least that's done.
I just did. ^^
Ordered a 10'000 yens digital card on Play-Asia.
It's currently downloading, but I doubt it'll be done before I go to sleep (it's getting quite late here in France).
What decided me was the fact that for the same price I can have the game *and* buy the future DLC characters. I usually don't buy my games that way, because I like having the possibility to bring them with me when I go see my friends, but since they usually don't like playing fighting games that are not Street Fighters, well... ^^

thundr51

I just did. ^^
Ordered a 10'000 yens digital card on Play-Asia.
It's currently downloading, but I doubt it'll be done before I go to sleep (it's getting quite late here in France).
What decided me was the fact that for the same price I can have the game *and* buy the future DLC characters. I usually don't buy my games that way, because I like having the possibility to bring them with me when I go see my friends, but since they usually don't like playing fighting games that are not Street Fighters, well... ^^

You got a code from Play-asia that fast?!

Shito

You got a code from Play-asia that fast?!
Yup!
If you select the digital version of the prepaid cards (you have to go on the page of the retail version of the card to find the link for the digital option -- or maybe it's just that I don't know how to search their site ^^) you get the scanned code right at the end of the paying procedure.
It's REEEEAAALLY convenient. :D

3Kaze

Btw, am I the only one from Europe here? Dunno if I ever played against Americans but I think it will be quite laggy online.

Shito

Btw, am I the only one from Europe here? Dunno if I ever played against Americans but I think it will be quite laggy online.
French here! o/

If it's anything like P4A, playing against the japanese should be "okay~ish", and only really laggy from time to time.

thundr51

Yup!
If you select the digital version of the prepaid cards (you have to go on the page of the retail version of the card to find the link for the digital option -- or maybe it's just that I don't know how to search their site ^^) you get the scanned code right at the end of the paying procedure.
It's REEEEAAALLY convenient. :D

Bought 5000yen and 2 1000. The 5000 came immediately, the 2000 I'm still waiting on.
:(

Uraizen

Banned
Just curious, but is there any particular reason people are using the JPN store instead of the HK store when buying it from the HK store is cheaper even with play-asia's markup on cards?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ha I don't really want to play Jin at all. I guess it's just seeing people hop online that play it like P4A mashing 5As in combos.

I'll probably be eating my words when everyone owns me once I get online...

It's ok you can beat me up since Ill be over a week behind

thundr51

Just curious, but is there any particular reason people are using the JPN store instead of the HK store when buying it from the HK store is cheaper even with play-asia's markup on cards?

Because of the different stores. I already had a Jpn account with stuff attached.

3Kaze

French here! o/

If it's anything like P4A, playing against the japanese should be "okay~ish", and only really laggy from time to time.

From Paris? I'm living in the suburbs and the bandwidth isn't that great here, so playing against the japanese was really laggy for me.

How did you find that out? How are there english VO's with no english menu's?

I think someone said that having all the VO's on there makes online compatibility easier or something.

As for why they'd do that but not have English menus . . . probably because everything that isn't the Japanese arcade scene is secondary to them.

Shito

I already have some yens on my japanese account, because of Jojo's DLC characters, so might as well use this one! ^^

From Paris? I'm living in the suburbs and the bandwidth isn't that great here, so playing against the japanese was really laggy for me.
From Paris, yep.
I have an "okay" bandwidth, nothing too fancy but nothing too terrible neither. P4A was somewhat playable for me with japanese people, but after experiencing the awesomeness of 3 bars connections with the european release I fear I might not enjoy BB's online that much... ^^
We'll see, anyways I still have to pass some time in the lab first; I only touched BB a few weeks when it first released and nothing since then -- I don't even know who I want to play. I used to love playing Rachel, but I'd like to try someone "new"...

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Yeah, english voices in battle only. Ragna says "bitch" every time he techs now.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Did you see that in the Unlimited Terumi video? Ragna has specific lines versus Hazama/Terumi so I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of them.

It's funny to hear him say it so many times though.

Noticed it last night during a steam. He says it against everyone lol

Ragna needs to watch his fucking mouth.

I might set the VA to English just to hear him say it all the time.

Also
Erin Fitzgerald
as Bullet sounds perfect. I wasn't expecting
Yuri Lowenthal
for Amane but he sounds good too.

Azrael is really the only ENG voice I need to hear more of before I form an opinion.

Shito

Ok, from the very little time I've spent in training mode, I like what I saw of Izayoi.
Gonna try and learn her a little bit, I think.

Top Bottom