• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Westlo

Just curious, but is there any particular reason people are using the JPN store instead of the HK store when buying it from the HK store is cheaper even with play-asia's markup on cards?

Damn that worked out way cheaper to buy off P-A for me, thanks for the mention of the HK store, got 3 $200 HKD cards and I think the game is $416 or something like that, so I guess enough for all the dlc I want and more. And play asia were super fast, ordered the 3 cards, went to the toilet and came back and it was done.

T.O.P

Banned
Fuck i'll play this without a stick (UGH)
Can't spend more for another one since i'm waiting for the Killer Instinct one already :(

Pre-ordered from CD japan and should be here by Tuesday if i'm lucky

I used to main almost all the character in CT and the others except for Litchi wich i hate to guts, gonna be fun :D

apricot

Anyone here a casual player? Or are you all pretty hardcore into fighting games? I don't even bother learning the moves for the most part... >_<

Anyway, I actually played this in arcades when I was in Japan and made it through arcade mode with a few different characters. Amane's definitely my new favorite :3

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Delivered. Now to sit here waiting to play it until after work. T_T

rc142WNl.jpg

Got an email from play-asia asking me to confirm that I still want it, since it's JP text only.

Did you order the Asian version? I guess that's why they're notifying people. The original CT had English text, but every import version I played after that was Japanese-only.

Westlo

Man I forgot how bad I was at this game.... going to have to try and improve this time or that's $90 aus down the drain lol... I've always sucked @ these long combo games, pretty much my "max" is wolverine's braindead basic bnb from vanilla mvc3 and when they added swiss cheese in umvc3... lol. Though I guess I could do Nu's basic bnb back in CT as well.

anyway liking the new lobby system.

Tip for quickly unlocking Kagura (view true ending in story mode - 100% clear):

Enable "skip unread text"
Auto-skip text
Every time you're given a choice between two options, choose the first option.

Edit: Only the first option needs to be chosen. No back-tracking necessary.

NEO0MJ

Anyone here a casual player? Or are you all pretty hardcore into fighting games? I don't even bother learning the moves for the most part... >_<

Anyway, I actually played this in arcades when I was in Japan and made it through arcade mode with a few different characters. Amane's definitely my new favorite :3

I think mos of the people who'll import the game are hardcore players who can't risk waiting 5(?) months for the US release of the game. They can perform insane combos and have prediction skills that border on telepathy.

Onemic

I think mos of the people who'll import the game are hardcore players who can't risk waiting 5(?) months for the US release of the game. They can perform insane combos and have prediction skills that border on telepathy.

I'm the exception

Yeah, my brain/reflexes will never be fast enough to rise much past scrub-tier button masher.

Lyte Edge

If anyone wants to play this weekend, add me. Gonna use my U.S. account- lyteedge2

Naite

My copy arrived as soon as I sat down to eat lunch. Ended up paying another $15 for customs. First time I've ever had to pay that for an imported game.

FluxWaveZ

No one was at home to receive my copy which was delivered at 11:15 AM, so I'll probably have to wait until Monday. Also have to pay $22 in import fees, which sucks.

Onemic

When did you pre-order, how did you pay, and did you order the Japanese or Asian version?

Paypal. It's more that I've just been really frustrated today with my laptop(have had to reformat it twice now) and then me finding out that even after I sent them the confirmation email yesterday(I got the Asian version) they're still sitting on the order just added to my frustration. I'll probably buy from again, it just sucks I have to wait until possibly Wednesday to play this.

No one was at home to receive my copy which was delivered at 11:15 AM, so I'll probably have to wait until Monday. Also have to pay $22 in import fees, which sucks.

Damn, I'll probably have to pay the same.... It'll come to over 100 bucks then.... How much is the digital version if buying jpn cards off play-asia?

Rhapsody

Banned
Thanks. My order is still on hold so I'm gonna email them again to cancel it. I'll just get the digital version instead.
If you have paypal, you can always get a GAFfer to help get you cards. I have a friend that helps me get mine without the mark ups.
Does anyone know how many characters are locked and what their requirements are?

Kagura is the story mode unlock. Terumi is just a preorder bonus DLC that can also be bought on PSN.
Kokonoe's DLC only, releasing on the 7th.

Edit: For Fluxwave and any aspiring Terumi mains. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD6KDdF099g

Lyte Edge

Paypal. It's more that I've just been really frustrated today with my laptop(have had to reformat it twice now) and then me finding out that even after I sent them the confirmation email yesterday(I got the Asian version) they're still sitting on the order just added to my frustration. I'll probably buy from again, it just sucks I have to wait until possibly Wednesday to play this.

Damn, I'll probably have to pay the same.... It'll come to over 100 bucks then.... How much is the digital version if buying jpn cards off play-asia?

Ah, OK. I wouldn't expect to get Asian versions at release unless they specifically list that as the stock date. Most of the time Asian releases just the month of release. That's usually why I pay that extra cash for the Japanese versions, plus it makes it easier to sell stuff off when I'm over there.

Naite

I just noticed I didn't do the optional install, but all the menus and loading seemed fast enough without it.

Having a bit more difficulty picking up Azrael than I expected. His links are a bit more tighter than I thought (partially due to the decreased hitstun, though I still had way less trouble with Hakumen's links which feel like chains at this point), and I keep messing up his TCL because I always think of quarter circle motions for rekkas. I'm just now getting the hang of his 5B,2C stuff, which does ridiculous damage and adds weakpoints. I predict I'll do a lot worse with him online than I do with Slayer because he doesn't have quite as good normals to poke with.

Bang's j4C being changed to jC helps me so much for his airdash combos, but I can't get his new relaunch combo to connect yet. (EDIT: Nvm I got it. Just had to delay the j2C)

Probably gonna buy Kagura with the spare PSN money I still have since I don't want to touch the story yet.

I received the game early today and have been playing for a while. Everything feels a lot more smooth, likely due to the lessened hitstop and Noel's changes.

If anyone wants to play just send me a friend request on PSN (quote for psn name).

Naite

Been playing around in Abyss Mode a bit. It's a bit different this time.
The stat boost upgrades you get stay with your character. So if you get attack +10, you don't have to ever buy those stats in the shop again and can choose to stay at attack+10 or lower. But if you change characters, that new character won't get the same upgrades.

For the other special upgrades (like armor grinder, auras, etc), after you get them in abyss mode, you have to buy them from the shop if you want to use them again later, but you only have to buy them once, and they apply for all characters.

Auras also give huge stat boosts. Red aura gives +50 attack, and silver gives +50 defense.

Onemic

Ah, OK. I wouldn't expect to get Asian versions at release unless they specifically list that as the stock date. Most of the time Asian releases just the month of release. That's usually why I pay that extra cash for the Japanese versions, plus it makes it easier to sell stuff off when I'm over there.

It's released the same day. Iwakura's order shipped earlier today actually. PA just decided to fuck with me today.

^nice, thanks

So I ordered this yesterday and the status at play-asia still says "Preparing order".. is this normal?

it also says "The order is not paid yet. If you made the payment already please confirm the payment." wtf? i got a confirmation email and already saw the charge on my credit card.

Onemic

^nice, thanks

So I ordered this yesterday and the status at play-asia still says "Preparing order".. is this normal?

it also says "The order is not paid yet. If you made the payment already please confirm the payment." wtf? i got a confirmation email and already saw the charge on my credit card.

You have now entered my world of frustrating as hell P-A service.

Preparing order means that they haven't packaged anything and are awaiting payment. I'm gonna guess it's because it's Saturday over there now, so I wouldn't expect a status update until Monday. I had the exact same problem with the whole "the order is not paid yet" even though I paid for it. You can either wait it out until Monday or email them(But I don't think they'll answer until Monday anyway, so you're sorta stuck)

Shinichi

Got the game today, I've done the 30 azrael challenge missions and this character can be a monster sometimes, insane damage, got 29 from Amane nº30 is to make a 180hit combo, im now at 120-140 and dont know how to reach that 180, if anyone knows please tell me.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Am so tempted to get this since they finally included Kokonoe. But dat monthly budget is saying otherwise... D:

Beats

Hope my codes get sent to me by tomorrow. I wasn't planning on importing this, but now that it's out I don't think I can wait. `-`

Onemic

Hope my codes get sent to me by tomorrow. I wasn't planning on importing this, but now that it's out I don't think I can wait. `-`

Same here. Since I have slow ass internet, hopefully I can get it sometime before 2am est so I can background download it on my PS3 while I'm asleep and be able to play it as soon as I wake up tomorrow.

Top Bottom