• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks for plugging our services! Although the cards out here have a horrible sticky label covering the code, which if it tears off wrong can make it almost completely illegible. After a bit of an ordeal getting the goods for d0c_zaius, I'm a bit worried about doing it for others!

If you want to go digital and pay the normal price, but don't mind the possibility of a delay, then I'll be happy to help :)

Edit: Also be advised of time differences. We're like 16hrs ahead of you peeps in the States (around 8-9 ahead of Europe).

Rhapsody

Banned
Yep, save that $5!

Pics, stat!
Here it is
l9q1.jpg

1tot.jpg

I knew I wasn't great but I didn't win a single match today.

I spent a good deal of time learning a few combo's only for them to be completely useless for the majority of matches that I played since I can barely even land a hit. I ended up mostly using the same 3 hit combo since I had no idea what to use in pretty much all situations.

So confusing. I don't remember feeling this way at all in the previous games. It doesn't help that while the arcade stick makes combo input easier it takes more work just for basic movement.

OceanBlue

I spent a good deal of time learning a few combo's only for them to be completely useless for the majority of matches that I played since I can barely even land a hit. I ended up mostly using the same 3 hit combo since I had no idea what to use in pretty much all situations.

So confusing. I don't remember feeling this way at all in the previous games. It doesn't help that while the arcade stick makes combo input easier it takes more work just for basic movement.

Maybe you're just playing really good people who got the 3-day import or the download version. Once we bad players start getting more copies, you'll be able to beat on us instead. :V

Maybe you're just playing really good people who got the 3-day import or the download version. Once we bad players start getting more copies, you'll be able to beat on us instead. :V

There's also the fact that if they were Japanese players then they kinda have a 1 year headstart on all of us already.

I'm talking about just my own play. The people I was playing against weren't doing big damage combo's or anything advanced.

I'll try not to think about it since this kind of thing really eats into my motivation.

Don't worry about doing big damage combos when you start, learn how to avoid and land your attacks first.

I just find the contrast really funny. Back in CS I didn't experience any of the issues I'm struggling with now. Since my last memories of CS are of being able to combo off of almost anything for 3k average suddenly struggling to comprehend even the most basic parts of the game is really disheartening.

Westlo

Which character has simple shortish "decentish" combos, Noel?

I went 1-10 last night in the Australian lobby which was mostly filled with Japanese players :( Probably 3 of the 11 I played would've been around super scrub tier like myself.

Rhapsody

Banned
Brought my copy to a friend's house, so I didn't play any of it beforehand.

I'm finding the game really fun. And besides the long button hold buffer in BB games, I find BBCP a pretty difficult game compared to the earlier ones. Much more technical, and the changes make the neutral game a lot more fun, imo.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I just find the contrast really funny. Back in CS I didn't experience any of the issues I'm struggling with now. Since my last memories of CS are of being able to combo off of almost anything for 3k average suddenly struggling to comprehend even the most basic parts of the game is really disheartening.

The game is faster now, and high damage combos are not the norm as well.

Ken

Brought my copy to a friend's house, so I didn't play any of it beforehand.

I'm finding the game really fun. And besides the long button hold buffer in BB games, I find BBCP a pretty difficult game compared to the earlier ones. Much more technical, and the changes make the neutral game a lot more fun, imo.

D:

Onemic

Im getting shafted at every possible position now. So, turns out P-A replied to my message late and it's too late for it to be canceled, as they have already shipped it. Then, the code I got from japan-codes finally arrived and when I redeemed the the first code I noticed that it was 3000 pts and not 5000 like the one I paid for. Since I already redeemed it though the code is of course no longer usable....So now I'm in the position of not having bbcp at all, paying for 2 copies, and possibly getting shafted by japan-codes.com if they dont want to give me 2 1000 pt codes to make up the amount I paid for.

All in all, its been a shitty 2 days.

You have now entered my world of frustrating as hell P-A service.

Preparing order means that they haven't packaged anything and are awaiting payment. I'm gonna guess it's because it's Saturday over there now, so I wouldn't expect a status update until Monday. I had the exact same problem with the whole "the order is not paid yet" even though I paid for it. You can either wait it out until Monday or email them(But I don't think they'll answer until Monday anyway, so you're sorta stuck)

Ah thanks man, and now I see that is says "Shipped" so hopefully I'll be getting it 3-4 days from now. I could have sworn I saw 3-4 days somewhere, hopefully it meant something since I paid $14 shipping w/ fedex.

I've been watching so many videos on youtube, can't wait!

Btw -- how are people doing insane combo videos already? Didn't this game just come out... people are already becoming masters at combos? wow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8WfQ1Qdl-4

cj_iwakura

Im getting shafted at every possible position now. So, turns out P-A replied to my message late and it's too late for it to be canceled, as they have already shipped it. Then, the code I got from japan-codes finally arrived and when I redeemed the the first code I noticed that it was 3000 pts and not 5000 like the one I paid for. Since I already redeemed it though the code is of course no longer usable....So now I'm in the position of not having bbcp at all, paying for 2 copies, and possibly getting shafted by japan-codes.com if they dont want to give me 2 1000 pt codes to make up the amount I paid for.

Obvious solution is to keep physical, then buy all the Kokonoes.

Gosh there are so many games I can import from P-A, didn't know I had this opportunity.

Thinking of ordering Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost, anyone recommend it? Not to derail form topic but if you guys like Blazbue yall probably like the same type of fighting games I like

edit- eh, just ignore.. i don't wana go off topic.

ApolloJoh

Btw -- how are people doing insane combo videos already? Didn't this game just come out... people are already becoming masters at combos? wow

The game's been out in Japan on arcades for almost a year. Most people that are playing it on console are familiar with the game.

What do you consider to be high damage? Inbetween 3k-4k seems to be the average combo damage based on all the videos of matches I've seen.

I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm not sure what they can do since the code has already been redeemed but they should be able to give you 2 more 1000 yen cards if that's what you payed for.

thundr51

Thought it was just me. I know that Tsubaki wasn't exactly hard to play but after switching to Izayoi it's I can't seem to do the easiest stuff consistently. Need lots of practice. For now just going to stick to arcade mode and work on unlocking stuff. If you need a practice dummy psn is ThundR.

Rhapsody

Banned
My codes are for the JPN store while the physical is the Asian version. I'm just fucked.

Maybe, it depends. From experience, I've imported JPN versions of Tales games, but I was able to DL DLC from the Asian store. They were compatible since the Asian version's disc didn't have any changes like most Asian versions of PS3 games. I'm not sure if the opposite will work though...

If BBCP had some free DLC, you could safely test it out.

Edit: Looking around, it looks like you can DL JPN DLC for Asian versions of PS3 games. For Gundam VS it works, so it could work for BB as well.
Guys to redeem the Terumi code will i need to setup a JP account?
Yes. Just remember that after you redeem it, you're not forced to play BBCP on that same JP account to use him.

Onemic

Finally got my code situation taken care of. Now the decision. Should I buy the game digitally and have both the physical and digital version of the game or keep the money for some other import that may interest me?

The real thing that would determine my decision is whether the JPY transfers over to the PSN store on PS4. I could use it to get Kokonoe if Rhapsody's theory is true, but then I would have a ton of leftover money that I would literally never use unless they were transferable to the PS4.(I'd just use it for the eventual GGXrd release)

I already have 500JPY in my account from before, so in total I have 7500JPY giving me an extra 700JPY to play around with if I do decide to go digital. Not enough for Kokonoe, but enough for a few colour sets and lobby avatars.

I really want to make sense of Bullet. I feel like there's some key strategy I'm missing when trying to actively lvl up her drive, and that makes getting to her extended combos rather difficult.

And LOL at her taunt.

vocab

Someone please tell me how to turn off those button sounds during the trials. It's driving me up the fucking wall.

Naite

Finally got my code situation taken care of. Now the decision. Should I buy the game digitally and have both the physical and digital version of the game or keep the money for some other import that may interest me?

The real thing that would determine my decision is whether the JPY transfers over to the PSN store on PS4. I could use it to get Kokonoe if Rhapsody's theory is true, but then I would have a ton of leftover money that I would literally never use unless they were transferable to the PS4.(I'd just use it for the eventual GGXrd release)

I already have 500JPY in my account from before, so in total I have 7500JPY giving me an extra 700JPY to play around with if I do decide to go digital. Not enough for Kokonoe, but enough for a few colour sets and lobby avatars.

Pretty sure your PSN balance is/would be shared across all consoles.

cj_iwakura

I'd keep the money, you never know what cool stuff JP will get that we don't.

And there's a TON of great JP PS1 games that aren't on our store.

Top Bottom