• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Fugu

Apparently I need a system update so we'll play after that goes through.

I really do hate console gaming, guys.

Fugu

Well that is literally the first time I have ever seen Terumi.

Yes, we're still playing.

EDIT: Do we really only get the six skins?

Fugu

I'm off until Monday, so yes.

I'm going to go after this match or the next then as I do not know any combos and I don't like this ugly skin.

Naite

Azrael confuses me a million more times that Slayer ever has
It doesn't help his normals are amazing as fuck compared to slayers as well haha
I prefer the versatility of Slayer's normals to Azrael's. Azrael's 6C and midscreen 6A are way better than Slayer's 6H and 6P though. 5B is hilarious to use against crossups as well.

EDIT: Do we really only get the six skins?

You buy more colors in the gallery mode with ingame points you earn, and there's a few more as DLC colors. DLC characters have all the colors by default.

Fugu

Ggs. Hard to feel good about those wins when all I'm doing is playing CSEX with no combos. Give me an hour or so to work some stuff out in training mode and then I'll play some more.

RoeBear

Ggs. Hard to feel good about those wins when all I'm doing is playing CSEX with no combos. Give me an hour or so to work some stuff out in training mode and then I'll play some more.

Ugh those were the worst games I've ever played. I have no idea what you did but you made me act like a complete idiot mashing stuff all over the screen.

RoeBear

Dropping my ISP right now probably won't be able to play till the new net is installed tomorrow if not later.

Edit: Maybe not it's going down tomorrow so I might only have a few hours of downtime.

Fugu

I feel so lost without daisharin. Oh my god.

My character has been built around two supers for a very long time. Now one of those supers is gone and the other one is useless. It's going to be a strange few weeks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I feel so lost without daisharin. Oh my god.

My character has been built around two supers for a very long time. Now one of those supers is gone and the other one is useless. It's going to be a strange few weeks.

You'll actually have to learn how to fight and not get free set ups!
Kappa

RoeBear

GGs Roe. I was worried when you started to tag me out of my corner jump outs with Nirvana near the end haha.

Those first like ten matches I felt completely helpless. Rachel is my most hated character to fight cause that mixup is so fast. It wasn't till the end that I realized I should stop air teching and think about my techs.

I find with learning new characters you essentially have to start from scratch. Going from Noel to Amane it's like I've never played a fighting game before.

I guess that's because all of Noel's moves come to mind easily while with Amane I'm still not sure what to use in what situation and I don't have muscle memory for his movement and combo's to fall back on.

I remember day 3 with Noel was when things started to click. Before I was just mashing out random attacks and not capitalizing on any hits. Then at some point during day 3 I just understood what I needed to do and started using block strings and just generally sticking to people without letting up. At that point I felt a lot more in control instead of before where I didn't have any real idea of what I was doing.

Shito

Basically what I'm feeling when I play, compounded by the fact I didn't spend too much time with previous versions. Looking forward to the moment when it all clicks.
I'm in the same boat.
Haven't had the time to play much for the moment, but I'm still quite lost as to how the game plays. The moment I hit the corner is the moment I take what seems infinite safe block strings from my opponents, and every time I feel something is unsafe and I can punish it I take a counter-hit for big damage. I really need to play a lot of games to take a better grasp of the whole "flow". I also need to spend some time in the lab to learn a few damaging combos and setups.

The thing I hate the most in the game, though, is how it keeps reminding me my inputs suck. ^^ I keep doing unwanted guard breaks because I'm trying to do my ABC chain too quickly...

Basically what I'm feeling when I play, compounded by the fact I didn't spend too much time with previous versions. Looking forward to the moment when it all clicks.

One thing I tend to do too often when I'm learning is try to mash out attacks on wake-up. I'm not sure why I do this but sometimes I have to force myself to remember not to press anything on wake-up.

kirblar

I'm in the same boat.
Haven't had the time to play much for the moment, but I'm still quite lost as to how the game plays. The moment I hit the corner is the moment I take what seems infinite safe block strings from my opponents, and every time I feel something is unsafe and I can punish it I take a counter-hit for big damage. I really need to play a lot of games to take a better grasp of the whole "flow". I also need to spend some time in the lab to learn a few damaging combos and setups.

The thing I hate the most in the game, though, is how it keeps reminding me my inputs suck. ^^ I keep doing unwanted guard breaks because I'm trying to do my ABC chain too quickly...
It's much like Tekken characters in SFxT where you have to learn how to get out of specific strings through unusual movement options. (Jumping out of the way of Lars' third Rekka, for instance, rather than eating the mix-up.)

Shito

It's much like Tekken characters in SFxT where you have to learn how to get out of specific strings through unusual movement options. (Jumping out of the way of Lars' third Rekka, for instance, rather than eating the mix-up.)
Yeah, I feel like I'm lacking a whole lot of character knowledge. I could already see there were things I could jump out of, and things I needed to stay still.
Feels great to finally manage to struggle out a round or two, though. <3

Onemic

Got the physical verison yesterday. It seems they gave me the limited edition cover instead of the standard though, not that I'm complaining.

Astarte

Okay whoever played Amane against my Platinum
I'm REALLY sorry about the lag. Next time I won't connect to my wifi ;A;

Top Bottom