• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Ggs

Spending upwards of 8 hours over 3 days in solely training mode and I still play like I've never touched the game before. Feels bad man.

How do you get past those boxes plat throws around? It seems like it doesn't go away after you're hit, doesn't go away after a certain amount of time, and can't be jumped over. It got to the point where you'd just place one underneath you and I wouldn't know what to do because every option I tried would lead me to being blown up.

The regular boxes actually do go away on hit. You can also super jump over them, or even run up and block them. If you've got something that moves you fast enough, you can go over them before they trigger as well.

The MJ'ed ones don't disappear on hit, but they do have a timer on them. You actually waited two of them out in one of our later matches, the last one I think. If you touch them, they do two hits, with the second delayed, but if you only proximity trigger by jumping over them, they only do one hit. And again, you can super jump over or get close and block these.

thundr51

Just make sure you're not doing stuff on a stationary dummy or on the same position.
It's also why I don't suggest people starting on just combos when they start. You'll struggle more.

And just run and Barrier Block to disarm presents.

I normally put the dummy in cpu mode(lvl 75), turn off infinite heat and go from there. It's amazing how badly I still get beat up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Rachel combos all look pretty unforgiving on the timing aspect. Go Bullet if you want some easy combos with good damage :p

Warning your good damage only comes if you can get 3 consecutive hits off though! Dat low tier struggle.

Also anyone down for some games? :p

Fugu

I'm still messing around with her but it seems like they broke the super into two separate versions. If you set the staff with 2D or do 4Kote, you get the punches and if you set the staff with 5D or do 6Kote you get the tornado spin (I might've mixed those up haha)

From what I can tell you can follow up both of them though you can do more out of the tornado one than the punches depending on combo starter/length and whatnot. Not even sure if you can practically hit those supers raw anymore lol (at least the tornado one).
Oh my god that makes so much sense. I couldn't figure out why I was getting the tornado out of oki every time (I haven't spent much time in training mode).

I'm doing the same thing but I just do 5B, 4B, Chun, 3C after the cross under. What you do is probably better but it's all about timing it right really.
The combo I'm working on is this:
5B, 2C, 6D, 236A~236C~236B, 63214A~A~D, cross 2D, 421C, 4B, 6D(1), 623D, 6C, 3C

I fail 100 percent of the time at the 4B; I have absolutely no idea how that's supposed to connect. I can do the one you wrote though, so I might just do that.

EDIT: Actually, I can't, because Chuun is SMP in that combo. Are you hitting them onto the staff without it?

Fugu

Real ghetto stuff:

5B[m] 2C[m] 6D 236A~236C~236B 63214A~A~D 6C(2) 3C

Staff set oki, probably works on every opener except mash A, omit Haku Hatsu on bad openers

EDIT: Fuck you CP, I can do Thirteen Orphans oki off of this. Shit damage though.

Rhapsody

Banned
Is Izayoi bad?

I'm still gonna play her even if she is, but I'm just wondering what her downsides are.

Her normals could be better, same with her damage. Doesn't handle pressure that well. She uses resources, but doesn't get much out of it as she should. And you're going to need those resources to do a lot of things characters can do without (mixups, damage, etc)

She's one of the weaker characters but I feel like she still has some potential in tech.

Onemic

Is Izayoi bad?

I'm still gonna play her even if she is, but I'm just wondering what her downsides are.

Based on Japanese rankings she's bottom tier. Dat lack of a DP and slow as fuck normals. She's still fun as hell though, provides a nice change of pace from Hakumen for me.

JokerAceX

Any Bullet mains here that have come close or have beaten challenge 30? Need some help the most damage I've gotten out of her is about 8k.

I think that's the game saving the match.

Has anyone heard how many matches get saved, or if you can turn it off, or anything about it, really?

There are options to not automatically save replays. I have not messed with them, but I'd say that would be the first thing to try.

RoeBear

I think that's the game saving the match.

Has anyone heard how many matches get saved, or if you can turn it off, or anything about it, really?

I counted 110 was where it started deleting old ones.

Damn I'm horrible at this game.

I think team stuff is gone.

I don't mind the wait since it's saving the match, but does turning that off speed getting to the next match up?

I wonder how much success I'd have trying to read this manual.

thundr51

Is Izayoi bad?

I'm using her (mostly because I used to play Tsubaki) and you've still got to manage resources (zero weave stock) but it's much easier. Even if the opp. blocks her projectile you still get a stock, (2 if it hits!) Plus you can combo her astral into almost anything.

thundr51

Based on Japanese rankings she's bottom tier. Dat lack of a DP and slow as fuck normals. She's still fun as hell though, provides a nice change of pace from Hakumen for me.

I stink at fighters but for some reason I seem to be drawn to low tier characters :(

What about 623B or 623C? Her 5B is pretty slow, but it's got a lot of range. Need to play some other peeps so I can get better, but got a headache now so can't even practice in the lab.

Fugu

I'm using her (mostly because I used to play Tsubaki) and you've still got to manage resources (zero weave stock) but it's much easier. Even if the opp. blocks her projectile you still get a stock, (2 if it hits!) Plus you can combo her astral into almost anything.
Well see that's the problem. They made it combo AFTER the astral.

Rhapsody

Banned
So got new net installed today and it's pretty dang fast. I'm hiccuping though and don't know why.

If it's hiccuping, do you have a wired connection? Also is your PS3 configured internet on easy or custom settings?
If it's wired and you configured it on custom, it's most likely the other player.

Fugu

Good games guys, I've gotta run.

Can't stop playing like it's CSEX. Dropping/inventing combos everywhere.

RoeBear

If it's hiccuping, do you have a wired connection? Also is your PS3 configured internet on easy or custom settings?
If it's wired and you configured it on custom, it's most likely the other player.

No I can't run a wired connection through my whole house... I was wireless on my old ISP and it didn't hiccup like this and the upload was like .3mbps.
So you think doing it on custom settings and wireless will help?

FluxWaveZ

Definitely need some more time in training mode just figuring out some combos with Carl. I'm having to go back to playing Mu-12 'cause I feel more comfortable playing as her right now, even though I'm not much better with her than Carl.

Rhapsody

Banned
No I can't run a wired connection through my whole house... I was wireless on my old ISP and it didn't hiccup like this and the upload was like .3mbps.
So you think doing it on custom settings and wireless will help?

It's usually the wireless connection that does that since the packets of data aren't being sent smoothly, but I'm not sure what's changed then if your old internet was fine. Custom it really depends. Before my PS3's IP kept changing every now and then until I manually set the numbers. I port forward on my router, but since the IP kept changing, it was pretty much useless prior.

So I guess you could try it, but I'm not sure if it'll change anything in your circumstances.

RoeBear

Flux you have to have the worst internet connection I've play out of anyone on here yet LOL

Flux is the only one I haven't noticed a hiccup with and I live in Texas.

Also Flux use that new move/combo with Mu
6B, 6C, 63214B, j2D, airbackdash, 5C whatever...

Onemic

I stink at fighters but for some reason I seem to be drawn to low tier characters :(

What about 623B or 623C? Her 5B is pretty slow, but it's got a lot of range. Need to play some other peeps so I can get better, but got a headache now so can't even practice in the lab.

623B and 623C are good anti-airs, but they're only good as anti-airs, not as reversals. Izayoi's only real reversal option is her super and you need 50 heat for that. So if you get pressured and lack the heat for a super, you're gonna be forced to sit and block. A lot.

FluxWaveZ

GGs to those who played in RoeBear's lobby earlier; 'twas fun.

Your proficiency with Carl makes me want to give up trying to main him, RoeBear. So much synergy with Carl/Aida and knowing the proper timing to do those cool sandwich combos.

cj_iwakura

Not yet...

And looking at my friends list...
drwho.gif

Is Kagura officially filled with bullshit or am I just being a scrub or both? It is like they took all the hitstun out but forgot about him.

RoeBear

GGs to those who played in RoeBear's lobby earlier; 'twas fun.

Your proficiency with Carl makes me want to give up trying to main him, RoeBear. So much synergy with Carl/Aida and knowing the proper timing to do those cool sandwich combos.

The lobby was fun glad it got pretty big. Tomorrow since I assume everyone will be able to play since it's Friday, we should hang out in one of the arcades.
Not yet...

And looking at my friends list...

Maybe not everyone...

Carl has a lot of secret stuff that isn't used by a lot of people. For one he calls out all the moves that Aida preforms but you can cancel it if you do a 5A j5A or 2A. This is good in getting in a sneak volante. Also try doing some cross up allecans they're really great.

Rhapsody

Banned
The lobby was fun glad it got pretty big. Tomorrow since I assume everyone will be able to play since it's Friday, we should hang out in one of the arcades.
Even though I have issues with netplay. I'm looking forward to it. I just want to play people.

And I always wanted to pick Carl back up again, but we have enough Carl users here.
And speaking of Carl, still makes me sad whenever I see Ryuusei as Jin in BBCP.

Onemic

Is Kagura officially filled with bullshit or am I just being a scrub or both? It is like they took all the hitstun out but forgot about him.

I hear he's like Noel, but with a sword, which would explain everything.

Makes me sad knowing that almost everyone got their combos down to the point they can do them consistently in matches within only like an hour of training. At the rate I'm at now, it'll take a month before I can get combos out even 50% of the time in a match.

Top Bottom