• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The fact Mak's charge punch combos are really strict now sure makes doing then with even a little bit of lag hard as fuck >.< Fun to do though

Kumubou

The fact Mak's charge punch combos are really strict now sure makes doing then with even a little bit of lag hard as fuck >.< Fun to do though
It seems like they made the timing required to land j.D properly in air combos way tighter now than how it used to be in CS2... and I'm not really sure why. It's not like the stun properties on j.C or 2D were so nuts otherwise, and the harder execution doesn't really paper over anything -- they could have made her combos automatic and she still would not be very good (but at that point, you may as well be playing Bullet).

Chavelo

Shit, I been winning casual sets against locals who been playing BB far longer than I have just by rocking the pressure/footsies. No need for fancy ass combos.

RoeBear

I used to play BB with a pad, just switched to a stick and it's goddamn hard. Can't even do a DP properly.

I'm assuming your stick has a square gate, if it does just make sure that the last position you put the stick in is in that corner. another thing that messes me up sometimes is I'll move the stick to an angle which will obviously mess up all input directions.

Naite

Unlimited characters sure throw a lot of shit on screen. Was playing around against Unlimited Bang and this happened.
iXO6OjFSlm5p3.gif

Frame rate was going pretty nuts.

Rhapsody

Banned
I used to play BB with a pad, just switched to a stick and it's goddamn hard. Can't even do a DP properly.

DPs are actually harder on pad in this game. Seems like 6236 for some characters will ignore the 6 input and you'll get something else.

Astarte

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";87955183]How come nobody here mains Amane aka Shinji "Sticky Hands" Ikari? You all scrubs?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to grab and never let go of Amane "None Too Deep" Ikari

FluxWaveZ

So against my better judgement, I'm officially focusing just on Carl. One of the, if not the character with the highest execution barrier, huh. Not to mention his health.

Why can't I just tell myself to main Ragna or some shit sometimes.

RoeBear

So against my better judgement, I'm officially focusing just on Carl. One of the, if not the character with the highest execution barrier, huh. Not to mention his health.

Why can't I just tell myself to main Ragna or some shit sometimes.

You're a jerk you know that. I don't even know how to block him I just do it. If you want to get some matches with me I can show you some baby easy Carl stuff ;)

FluxWaveZ

You're a jerk you know that. I don't even know how to block him I just do it. If you want to get some matches with me I can show you some baby easy Carl stuff ;)

I'd definitely like to do that sometime soon; perhaps tomorrow?

Carl seems like a dude who staying dedicated to would eventually really pay off, like I felt occurred with Shadow Labrys for me. Carl's puppet is no Asterius, though...

Fugu

I'm assuming your stick has a square gate, if it does just make sure that the last position you put the stick in is in that corner. another thing that messes me up sometimes is I'll move the stick to an angle which will obviously mess up all input directions.
BlazBlue accepts 6236 inputs as DPs as long as you don't put a neutral input in there anywhere. Try it.

RoeBear

BlazBlue accepts 6236 inputs as DPs as long as you don't put a neutral input in there anywhere. Try it.

That would mess me up. I don't have any problem at all doing DPs only input I'm having trouble with is the 46D cause if you put anything else in there or time it wrong the doll does a different move.

He's not 12? o_O

He was in that military academy with everyone and then quit, I'd guess his age at about 15 or 16.

I gotta say after playing the game two days crush triggers are awesome. They're the best replacement for guard primers. They look awesome and extend combos, and for 25 heat they seem fairly balanced.

Are there other announcer voices that can be unlocked in the game, or do I have to buy other ones?

Naite

I'm really loving Relius' new moves. Might have to pick him up even though I'm terrible with shadow/puppet-type characters.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Azrael confuses me a million more times that Slayer ever has
It doesn't help his normals are amazing as fuck compared to slayers as well haha

FSLink

Banned
Anyone know how long it roughly takes to finish the story mode, need dat Kagura

If you skip everything with text speed set to instant and press L1 to fast forward through text, pick the first option and you'll get the true ending, which is needed for Kagura.

Took me about an hour on default difficulty.

Fugu

That would mess me up. I don't have any problem at all doing DPs only input I'm having trouble with is the 46D cause if you put anything else in there or time it wrong the doll does a different move.
46 inputs are silly. I'm not sure why they're still in the game. Then again, BB just incorporated charge inputs, which I loathe.

I'm hoping this revision will be the death of the 41236623236 input that has been a hallmark of Litchi's combos since CS1. I think it's starting to damage my nerves.

RoeBear

46 inputs are silly. I'm not sure why they're still in the game. Then again, BB just incorporated charge inputs, which I loathe.

I'm hoping this revision will be the death of the 41236623236 input that has been a hallmark of Litchi's combos since CS1. I think it's starting to damage my nerves.

632146 are my least favorite inputs glad they moved Relius' super away from that. I'd assume they had to do 46 input for Carl considering Nirvana has every other input already taken (thank goodness she doesn't have charge inputs).

Can someone help me out here? I don't think I'm familiar with the BB system.

What does the R3 button do? It looks like the characters charge up, does it make them stronger or something? Does it use up a bar?

How do you do supers? Is it generally street fighter style QFC + 2 buttons?

thanks

Fugu

What does the R3 button do? It looks like the characters charge up, does it make them stronger or something? Does it use up a bar?

thanks
There are no inputs in BlazBlue that use two buttons at once. The most common super input in BlazBlue is 632146 plus a single button. What character are you playing as?

632146 are my least favorite inputs glad they moved Relius' super away from that. I'd assume they had to do 46 input for Carl considering Nirvana has every other input already taken (thank goodness she doesn't have charge inputs).
Litchi still has the totally ridiculous "Actually a Sonic the Hedgehog Cheat Code" 6428 input for All Green.

RoeBear

thanks

R3 I'm fairly sure is a function button as it does different things in different modes, but it doesn't make you stronger unless you already have a character unlocked as "unlimited" which is not used really apart from offline joking around.

Supers are entirely dependent on the character. They all involve a motion and a single button press. Some have inputs like Relius' 23663214C while others like Carl can have 236236D. Move lists can usually be seen in most offline modes when you press start and check the first option.

Litchi still has the totally ridiculous "Actually a Sonic the Hedgehog Cheat Code" 6428 input for All Green.

All green is the dumbest input in the whole game. It just makes no sense

Thanks guys, that helps. Damn this 632146 and 3663214 sequence is gonna take some practice. I'm used to the good old QFC x2 + button like 3rd Strike.

I usually play as Haku-man since he seems beginner friendly. And Bullet sometimes. Haven't really messed with the other characters though.

RoeBear

It has finally arrived. Prepare to lose, everyone.

EDIT: Well, maybe not. New things are hard.

Apollojoh looked like he had Litchi stuff down in 3 days and he skipped out on CSE. You won't have a problem imo. Finally starting to get the hang of Carl and that dumb 46D, I still only can do baby easy stuff though. Even though I don't have reset stuff completely down yet I'm getting there and it seems easier to do than in CSE.

Fugu

Yeah, I'm not worried. I did some made up day zero shit and got to 3.5k without meter/OD.

Does anyone want to play right now? I need to figure out what's going on with her normals and stuff.

Top Bottom