• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Rhapsody

Banned
Welp, I just noticed that my copy of CP doesn't have a Terumi code. Thanks Play-asia stay solid
It's why I don't like Play-Asia at times. It's first come first serve, but I'd still like to know if I ordered early enough to be guaranteed preorder/first print bonuses.
I feel so lost without daisharin. Oh my god.

My character has been built around two supers for a very long time. Now one of those supers is gone and the other one is useless. It's going to be a strange few weeks.
Good. Now I don't have to be free from 50 heat Daisharin or blocking 2 hits of Straight Through. >:[
If anyone in NA thinks they're good at this point, they shouldn't be playing.
I'm actually curious on how my Rachel is now for real matches. The inputs of her conversions are easy to learn since all Rachel mains should know how to convert every type of hit. But I'm sure netplay and especially the gravity "changes" or whatever is going to screw me up a lot.

I was messing with Terumi more than I should. Getting pressure, oki, and frame traps down but then switched off to Izayoi for a bit.
Need to lab more with midscreen Rachel stuff with 5BD > 6A combos.

ApolloJoh

I find with learning new characters you essentially have to start from scratch. Going from Noel to Amane it's like I've never played a fighting game before.

It's mostly because they're different types of characters.

That's one thing I like about BB. The characters are so different that it's pretty refreshing (and difficult) to learn a new character from one you're familiar with.

I feel so lost without daisharin. Oh my god.

My character has been built around two supers for a very long time. Now one of those supers is gone and the other one is useless. It's going to be a strange few weeks.

I actually prefer that she can't do those things anymore. :p

Bury

Neo Member
So I finally got blazeitblue. feel free to add me. PSN remapthesoul, mains are makoto, azunyan and i'll sub nu and carl

Ok I'm going to be online for a few hours if you want to play now.

It's mostly because they're different types of characters.

That's one thing I like about BB. The characters are so different that it's pretty refreshing (and difficult) to learn a new character from one you're familiar with.

That's one thing that always stood out to me. The characters in BB are all very different in terms of how they play right down to basic movement for some (Arakune, Amane, Tager, etc).

From the two 4 hour session I've had at a friend's place, I can safely say playing Azrael is the most fun I've ever had with a BB game, everything he has just encourages the player to play as loose as possible. Who needs setups when you can just freestyle dash crossups and high low mixups, and if you know the opponent is going to try to mash out of it, just overpower them with your superior normals. The fact that he also has tons of health just gives you more chances to brute-force your way in. He is the closest character I've gotten to playing 3rd strike Makoto

FluxWaveZ

Finally decided to actually play online as Carl for several hours and I'm convinced that I haven't made a mistake by deciding to main him. His execution requirements are certainly rough, but I guess I'm one for puppet characters after all.

I'm gonna have to spend a lot of time in training mode not just to improve with Carl, but also to learn all of the other characters' basic abilities and quirks. Sucks being in a situation you don't know how to deal with e.g. Aida hitting Hakumen during his counter super and not knowing if I can dodge it with Carl or not.

SUPARSTARX

Maining Amane and sticking with it. So far I hate the 623c cancels input screwing up on me so much. I keep getting 3c and 236c's

FluxWaveZ

Maining Amane and sticking with it. So far I hate the 623c cancels input screwing up on me so much.

My first time taking a fighting game seriously with P4A did me no favors when it comes to more complex execution since I can't consistently perform a dragon punch motion, especially mid-combo. Sometimes I think my stick's broke but that's evidently not the case from training mode motions.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm gonna have to spend a lot of time in training mode not just to improve with Carl, but also to learn all of the other characters' basic abilities and quirks. Sucks being in a situation you don't know how to deal with e.g. Aida hitting Hakumen during his counter super and not knowing if I can dodge it with Carl or not.

If it's not you, your character, actually hitting Hakumen's counter (projectile, etc), super jump then double jump.

Astarte

Okay so the copy I got from play-asia apparently isn't a first print run...did they sell out of the first prints so quickly?

FluxWaveZ

If it's not you, your character, actually hitting Hakumen's counter (projectile, etc), super jump then double jump.

Do you mean super jump or double jump?

I don't think I've ever tried super jumping in those moments; always desperately try barrier blocking and then get wrecked. Thanks.

You're allowed to double jump after a super jump in this game. You might be able to dodge it without the double jump, but I never tried.
If it's possible to dodge it from just a super jump, then that'll be better so you can do a better punish.

Whoa, I had no idea.

Rhapsody

Banned
Do you mean super jump or double jump?

I don't think I've ever tried super jumping in those moments; always desperately try barrier blocking and then get wrecked. Thanks.

You're allowed to double jump after a super jump in this game. You might be able to dodge it without the double jump, but I never tried.
If it's possible to dodge it from just a super jump, then that'll be better so you can do a better punish.

alright I just got mine today. I think I'll be maining litchi. If she becomes too hard for me to play I'll try someone else don't know for sure. PSN is bluemoonstar

Naite

Just finished story mode, mostly skimmed thru it but did read some of the more important parts. So glad they went for the 3 route story instead of how they did it before. Less pointless scenes but it also meant there was way less fights. Overall I'd say the plot is the best of all 3.

I found it really hilarious how
stupidly overpowered Azrael is that no one is real match for him so far, and always results in everyone having to run away from him.

RoeBear

Every puppet in the game, when they attack all count as projectiles. With Hakumen and Jin's counter supers when you hit them with a projectile you're allowed to dodge. If you jump out of the way you have to be above Hakumen's head or you'll be hit regardless of barrier blocking. If you want to look like a complete badass, with Relius Led Ley the super, or with Carl Vivace it :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My first time taking a fighting game seriously with P4A did me no favors when it comes to more complex execution since I can't consistently perform a dragon punch motion, especially mid-combo. Sometimes I think my stick's broke but that's evidently not the case from training mode motions.
youdontsay.jpg
:p

So Tsubaki vs Terumi. Pick somebody else? Because I don't see a button I can actually press.

I don't even want to know what you are supposed to do against Kagura.

Rhapsody

Banned
So Tsubaki vs Terumi. Pick somebody else? Because I don't see a button I can actually press.

I don't even want to know what you are supposed to do against Kagura.
Which of Terumi's buttons are you losing to?

He has good frame traps once he's in, but neutral you should be fine imo.

Rhapsody

Banned
All of them. Just have to work on the range I suppose because it seems anything I throw out is getting beat.

If he's in, be careful of pressing buttons after 5D. 5D > 6B can lead to a Fatal if you mash after block or even instant block.
If a Terumi is ever JCing 1 hit 5C on block (and Instant Block) into j.2D then mashing 2A, you can't mash before or after the j.2D either since everything will get beat besides DP of course. I hear j.D's hitbox is pretty good too, so I'd mess around on seeing how to properly anti air that.

Max range his only good move is 5D, but afaik all he gets after a hit confirm is 236D which isn't that much.
2B is decent too, but it has long recovery if he doesn't cancel into anything.

Remember he has no standing highs, and he gains most of his meter and oki from 6D which means he has to combo really close.
Also be careful if they're good at whiff punishing since counterhit 6C can lead to over 4k with 60 heat gain or something lol

Edit: j.2D stuff I tested on another Terumi. If anyone knows who has the fastest 2A and 5A, let me know. Terumi's seems pretty fast, but it doesn't hurt to see if anyone can punish after IBing.

Fugu

I actually prefer that she can't do those things anymore. :p
I am (somewhat) glad about the changes to Thirteen Orphans because they were necessary to facilitate changes to her overall game plan. I don't really know what I'm supposed to be using it for now though except for gimmicky, oh-the-staff-happens-to-be-there pressure. Does it still have a good P2? Can I even follow it up?

Daisharin got nerfed harder than CT Rachel in CSEX. I felt that it was fine in that version due to it being basically useless in the corner and the regular hits not prorating particularly well. I suppose that OD Daisharin is useful for the same purposes but the fact that it stops the clock is actually a pretty big deal, as is the fact that it is now ridiculously hard to control. I don't know. I need to get used to it. It's probably not a bad thing.

Fake edit: Just remembered you didn't play CSEX. If you weren't aware, what they did to it was give the last hit (the fall from the sky) a propration value of like, 2 so if the last hit lands, you are 100% guaranteed to drop your combo. This meant you couldn't use it in the corner unless you were absolutely sure it was going to kill them.

Real EDIT: I'm curious, what are you doing in the corner for a character nonspecific staff combo? I've been working on the Ippatsu A~D cross under 2D 412C 4B combos but they seem rather inconsistent. Perhaps I'm doing them wrong.

So I started playing a few days ago and went with Azrael. I really should actually think of a combo during Valiant Charge than do random ass attacks during it lol. It's funny to see what happens sometimes when you don't know what you're doing in it. Yesterday somehow using three phalanx shots and I think 5C (and maybe one or two other attacks somewhere) I ended up crossing the opponent up so the combo literally went from the right corner to over half the screen on the left side, then back near the right corner. I was all "I can't even believe that just happened lol"

But yeah, I'm definitely having a lot more fun with this than I ever had in Extend.

RoeBear

But yeah, I'm definitely having a lot more fun with this than I ever had in Extend.
Extend was pretty ridiculous, characters like Ragna, Mu, and Relius could get 4k dmg easy with little skill. this one requires more thought and skill to execute high damage combos.

Guys, I can't do any combos.

Help me.

Rachel combos all look pretty unforgiving on the timing aspect. Go Bullet if you want some easy combos with good damage :p

Astarte

Playing CP with people who have no idea what they're doing is pretty freaking fun. I don't have to listen to "god damn this game is slow" on a constant basis now (like with earlier releases), plus they can mash on any button in stylish mode and beat on my ass. It's a win-win if you don't include my salt.

Rachel combos all look pretty unforgiving on the timing aspect. Go Bullet if you want some easy combos with good damage :p

Hah, no thanks. I'm just whining right now... I did the same when I had to learn the lvl 2 j2C combos in CS2. The corner wind down combo (5B, 5CDC, 5B, j.C, 236A, 3D, 5B, j.C, 236A, 2D, 5B, 6A, 236A, 6A, 4B, BBL, double set up finisher) is giving me hell. I got it after 15 mins, but can't get it consistently yet. I just don't see doing this combo online though. Timing is pretty strict.

edit: combo was wrong

Rhapsody

Banned
Hah, no thanks. I'm just whining right now... I did the same when I had to learn the lvl 2 j2C combos in CS2. The corner wind down combo (5B, 5CDC, 5B, j.C, 236A, 3D, 5B, j.C, 236A, 2D, 5B, 6A, 236A, 6A, 4B, BBL, double set up finisher) is giving me hell. I got it after 15 mins, but can't get it consistently yet. I just don't see doing this combo online though. Timing is pretty strict.

edit: combo was wrong
Let me know where you're dropping things and I can help out.
Her corner combos aren't hard, but her midscreen with 5BD > 6A combos take work.

As for your combo, if you're dropping the 5B link after lobelia, vary your wind timing. j2D works btw, doesn't have to be j3D

Let me know where you're dropping things and I can help out.
Her corner combos aren't hard, but her midscreen with 5BD > 6A combos take work.

It's just the timing of the 5B after the wind down. I do it too early. For midscreens, I'm going for the simpler 5B, 5DC, 3C, 8D, 6A, 4B, dash, 5CC combo for now. 2 wind stocks, but keeping it simple for now.

Haven't really had time to sit down to mess around with the game yet, which sucks. I should invest some time this weekend.

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
Anyone up for some matches again? :D

edit: Oh, does anyone know what the rival section when you open up player lobbies is for?

Rhapsody

Banned
It's just the timing of the 5B after the wind down. I do it too early. For midscreens, I'm going for the simpler 5B, 5DC, 3C, 8D, 6A, 4B, dash, 5CC combo for now. 2 wind stocks, but keeping it simple for now.

Haven't really had time to sit down to mess around with the game yet, which sucks. I should invest some time this weekend.
Ah, yeah. j3D usually makes you able to do it too early accidentally.
For simple midscreen I usually go for the easy one right now, until I get the new one down.

The micro dashes are going to be hard online, so I hope I don't drop those.

ggs onemic

I've been setting all the matches I've been playing to 3 rounds. With how long it takes to rematch, I think this is going to be my standard. It would've been nice if the game remembered your room settings from the last time you made one.

ApolloJoh

I am (somewhat) glad about the changes to Thirteen Orphans because they were necessary to facilitate changes to her overall game plan. I don't really know what I'm supposed to be using it for now though except for gimmicky, oh-the-staff-happens-to-be-there pressure. Does it still have a good P2? Can I even follow it up?

I'm still messing around with her but it seems like they broke the super into two separate versions. If you set the staff with 2D or do 4Kote, you get the punches and if you set the staff with 5D or do 6Kote you get the tornado spin (I might've mixed those up haha)

From what I can tell you can follow up both of them though you can do more out of the tornado one than the punches depending on combo starter/length and whatnot. Not even sure if you can practically hit those supers raw anymore lol (at least the tornado one).

Fugu said:
I'm curious, what are you doing in the corner for a character nonspecific staff combo? I've been working on the Ippatsu A~D cross under 2D 412C 4B combos but they seem rather inconsistent. Perhaps I'm doing them wrong.

I'm doing the same thing but I just do 5B, 4B, Chun, 3C after the cross under. What you do is probably better but it's all about timing it right really.

Onemic

ggs onemic

I've been setting all the matches I've been playing to 3 rounds. With how long it takes to rematch, I think this is going to be my standard. It would've been nice if the game remembered your room settings from the last time you made one.

Ggs

Spending upwards of 8 hours over 3 days in solely training mode and I still play like I've never touched the game before. Feels bad man.

How do you get past those boxes plat throws around? It seems like it doesn't go away after you're hit, doesn't go away after a certain amount of time, and can't be jumped over. It got to the point where you'd just place one underneath you and I wouldn't know what to do because every option I tried would lead me to being blown up.

For the first few minutes I played this game, I was going nuts because I couldn't use Makoto's golf swing Ds like I used to; they'd just fire off a little ways into Lv1. Couldn't find any info on them changing, was wondering what the hell I was doing wrong.

Went into training mode and found out I was getting rapidfire D presses instead of normal D on hold. So I propped open my stick and found that my wiring had fallen loose on that button.

What a relief--thought my mediocre squirrel days just got numbered.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
For the first few minutes I played this game, I was going nuts because I couldn't use Makoto's golf swing Ds like I used to; they'd just fire off a little ways into Lv1. Couldn't find any info on them changing, was wondering what the hell I was doing wrong.

Went into training mode and found out I was getting rapidfire D presses instead of normal D on hold. So I propped open my stick and found that my wiring had fallen loose on that button.

What a relief--thought my mediocre squirrel days just got numbered.

Now you get to go online and play guess the latency with your golf swings ;)

Rhapsody

Banned
Ggs

Spending upwards of 8 hours over 3 days in solely training mode and I still play like I've never touched the game before. Feels bad man.

How do you get past those boxes plat throws around? It seems like it doesn't go away after you're hit, doesn't go away after a certain amount of time, and can't be jumped over. It got to the point where you'd just place one underneath you and I wouldn't know what to do because every option I tried would lead me to being blown up.

Just make sure you're not doing stuff on a stationary dummy or on the same position.
It's also why I don't suggest people starting on just combos when they start. You'll struggle more.

And just run and Barrier Block to disarm presents.

Top Bottom