• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah Hazama isn't as braindead as he was in past games. If you're having trouble mixing up his C moves try using 1C instead of 2C, you might have already tried this though.
No he isn't. He's pretty much gone back to CS1 braindead. Pretty much everything goes into j.C loops and with the new combo system timer, it's more lenient making you convert into it so easily. Midscreen he can combo into 214D~B into a BnB (link into 5A > 5C > mash j.C) instead of being stuck for 3C Jabaki or his old oki ender.

Basically any hit leads to 2k-4k meterless.

RoeBear

No he isn't. He's pretty much gone back to CS1 braindead. Pretty much everything goes into j.C loops and with the new combo system timer, it's more lenient making you convert into it so easily. Midscreen he can combo into 214D~B into a BnB (link into 5A > 5C > mash j.C) instead of being stuck for 3C Jabaki or his old oki ender.

Basically any hit leads to 2k-4k meterless.

Yes he is still a beast, but with the amount of dashes in his combos less people will play him. At high levels he's devastating, unless you're going to EVO I don't see him as much of a problem. Netplay will kill him because the timing on most of his stuff is not lax at all. From how much I've messed around with him, Carl doesn't need as strict of timing as Hazama needs. I haven't spent much time with Hazama so I could just be blowing smoke...

Uncle AJ

Yeah basically he can convert into j.C loops only if he's spaced properly when 214D~66B hits. Need to be super on point with buffering dashes to link 5A > 5C afterwards and go into the loops. And how many loops he can get depends on how strong the starter is. A 2A or 2B, or even a D chain starter only allows you to get one rep. But it's the corner carry and the knockdown that make it so valuable.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yes he is still a beast, but with the amount of dashes in his combos less people will play him. At high levels he's devastating, unless you're going to EVO I don't see him as much of a problem. Netplay will kill him because the timing on most of his stuff is not lax at all. From how much I've messed around with him, Carl doesn't need as strict of timing as Hazama needs. I haven't spent much time with Hazama so I could just be blowing smoke...

Yeah, a lot of his good CS2 and Extend combos required them. The microdashes even changed some properties of his moves too.
I agree there's a learning curve to it though, but I think it's not too hard of a barrier.

Got more consistent at landing that 8k CS2 combo on netplay after awhile XD

Naite

I know you guys didn't get the game for it but how's the story? Is it conclusive?

It's not conclusive but it is done better than the last 2 story modes and there's also a bit less cryptic bullshit to leave people confused.

Same.

I saw a few gifs of the new animated cutscenes and they look a lot better than what we got in CS.

I'd say they're way better than CS' cutscenes and a bit better than the anime. Sadly they're too few and far between.

Rhapsody

Banned
Most likely won't be able to some matches with you guys today. Going to go play locally.
Tomorrow and the next day I should be free (interpret that how you like).

Shito

I don't get to play as much as I would like to, and I still get my ass kicked, but damn is this game fun!
And I'm slowly starting to wrap my head around Bullet. I still need to learn more combos, though, and more than anything else work on my muscle memories for "standard stuff": playing too much Jojo gave me the habit of juggling people with A, while I need to use 5B / 6B with her...

Ken

who wants to play that's a beginner and isn't afraid of my terrible connection possibly resulting in no games :D

Rhapsody

Banned
His normals are so good. Just press buttons like Slayer for damage.

And as a Rachel main, it's annoying to remember to not punish DP with 5B or 2B...

Fugu

The first time I saw that daifunka-esque special that he's got that carries you from one corner to the other I thought to myself "yeah, this guy's going to be popular".

EDIT: Is anyone else completely unable to use the Ranked function? Doesn't work at all for me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The first time I saw that daifunka-esque special that he's got that carries you from one corner to the other I thought to myself "yeah, this guy's going to be popular".

EDIT: Is anyone else completely unable to use the Ranked function? Doesn't work at all for me.

I haven't either, and azrael is a bit easier to fight if you have any slayer experience. If you have to just imagine you are fighting ragna when he's on the ground when it comes to approaching him

RoeBear

Ranked is broken atm they're working on fixing it. The only way to get matches is to set that you want matches in other modes, it's the second option in the ranked menus. You'll have two swords crossing each other with a red background. I'd suggest setting your standards to two bars or something. I doubt you'll find many matches right now.

Fugu

Ranked is broken atm they're working on fixing it. The only way to get matches is to set that you want matches in other modes, it's the second option in the ranked menus. You'll have two swords crossing each other with a red background. I'd suggest setting your standards to two bars or something. I doubt you'll find many matches right now.
Is that what the message that pops up when you start says? I started reading it the first time but stopped because it didn't seem like it was going anywhere.

I haven't either, and azrael is a bit easier to fight if you have any slayer experience. If you have to just imagine you are fighting ragna when he's on the ground when it comes to approaching him
Yeah, both characters are really breaking new ground on the whole "new to fighting games but want to win anyway" experience.

Shito

Ah, good to know I'm not the only one having troubles with ranked. Not that I was gonna play it a lot, I usually prefer longer sets in player matches, but I was wondering if I did something wrong after my fist match in it to have it broken like that...

So, do we know when Kokonoe's supposed to be released?
Haven't followed the game's news very much up until now...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ah, good to know I'm not the only one having troubles with ranked. Not that I was gonna play it a lot, I usually prefer longer sets in player matches, but I was wondering if I did something wrong after my fist match in it to have it broken like that...

So, do we know when Kokonoe's supposed to be released?
Haven't followed the game's news very much up until now...
I think on the 6th or 7th I could be wrong though. I can't wait to mess with her though she looks troll as fuck xD

Fugu

Why does the new English Hazama sound like a cross between an English guy who I can only assumed is named Clyve and Stabler from Law and Order: SVU?

Noi

I guess you can add me to the official "getting beat up by Fugu" list. PSN is Noisama, character I intend to main... should be obvious enough.

Hopefully the extended break I took from Extend was enough to shake off my bad habits and re-learn my character properly.

So since I may get a chance to play tomorrow, what are some things I should know about playing Azrael and this version's Mu?

236A is good to get in, and you want to stay in. 5B and 2C are good AAs, 2C if they're too far for 5B and you can gatling to 6D from 2C to apply an Upper Weakpoint. Azrael's Drives apply Upper and Lower Weakpoints depending on which Drive you hit with and Drives have different effects if there's already a corresponding Weakpoint, like groundbounce, hard knockdown etc. Azrael's air combo is j.B j.C dj.D if you can get them in the air. Hope this helps.

Onemic

ggs with those sets proto, I was surprised I was sorta able to keep up until the last match that is.

Oh, and my bad for missing those matches ken.

Ken

Yeah, I did. A while ago, to the PSN ID in the OP. You didn't get it?

ooooh. i thought it would show a 1 next to the mail thing. didn't know i had to go all the way into received to see it. my bad! i don't use my ps3 much.

are you guys finished?

Ken

Can you not join?

i clicked it and then it connected me to PSN in the game but nothing happened. can you try once more?

here's the message i get when i try to accept

jMKvdRiqLoKR2.jpg

Top Bottom