• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Ken

I hear he's like Noel, but with a sword, which would explain everything.

Makes me sad knowing that almost everyone got their combos down to the point they can do them consistently in matches within only like an hour of training. At the rate I'm at now, it'll take a month before I can get combos out even 50% of the time in a match.

im just reading dustloop instead of actually sitting in training room

Rhapsody

Banned
Makes me sad knowing that almost everyone got their combos down to the point they can do them consistently in matches within only like an hour of training. At the rate I'm at now, it'll take a month before I can get combos out even 50% of the time in a match.
It's just a combination of knowing the system mechanics well enough along with knowing how their character plays from previous games. You didn't really play much of past BB's, so it's normal.

For me, combos are easy if know the properties of moves. Knowing how they work goes a long ways.

Onemic

im just reading dustloop instead of actually sitting in training room

I think I'm just gonna start watching match videos now. Along with training mode shenanigans.

Who are the beginners to BB in this thread other than me?(and no, Roebear and Flux you guys don't count :p )

It's just a combination of knowing the system mechanics well enough along with knowing how their character plays from previous games. You didn't really play much of past BB's, so it's normal.

For me, combos are easy if know the properties of moves. Knowing how they work goes a long ways.

I maybe put in a combined 8 hours into Extend with Hakumen, and in BBCP his combos are completely different, so it's back to square 1. Not that I was even able to do Hakumen's combos consistently in Extend anyway, heh. It's frustrating seeing Terumi players doing 5k combos after only like a day of using him and I'm struggling to get off 2k combos. Feels bad man.

vocab

I hear he's like Noel, but with a sword, which would explain everything.

it's an experience/muscle memory thing. Don't worry about it too much. Youll get there.

Who are the beginners to BB in this thread other than me?(and no, Roebear and Flux you guys don't count :p )

I'm new to BB. I played CS for like an hour, but since then my execution, and experience has improved by playing other games like Kof13.

Rhapsody

Banned
Hopefully I can get somewhere with him after this weekend, I haven't grinded training mode this much since, well, ever.
If it ever comes down do it, there's always online training mode if you ever choose to.

Plus we can always help out with things that go under the radar for people like button hold buffers, the tech system, or even stuff like Instant Barrier Block.
I know I'm losing a lot but I've been playing since 09...
Granted that I haven't taken BB seriously since CT, I think you're being modest judging by Extend :/
Unless you're talking about BBCP, since that, I wouldn't know.

Onemic

If it ever comes down do it, there's always online training mode if you ever choose to.

Plus we can always help out with things that go under the radar for people like button hold buffers, the tech system, or even stuff like Instant Barrier Block.

Granted that I haven't taken BB seriously since CT, I think you're being modest judging by Extend :/
Unless you're talking about BBCP, since that, I wouldn't know.

wait wut

And it seems something in me seems to be clicking with Hakumens bnb's now. My rate of completing them in trainign mode has gone up a ton. I'm now getting the, around 60% of the time versus ~10% only a few hours ago. I hope I'm not jynxing myself by posting this, then go back to find that I can't complete a combo to save my life.

Are there any Hakumen players on this board? DL assumes everyone is a veteran Hakumen player and don't explain how you're supposed to play him at all.

I know I'm losing a lot but I've been playing since 09...

Oh, I thought you started playing BB a few months ago only.

cj_iwakura

You can always ask for help in the Hakumen topics. I'm sure someone there will give you some advice. (Despite what Fugu would have you think, there are helpful people there.)

I've been playing since CT came out in arcades. Got hooked on the visuals, one of my first PS3 games. The story made me an addict.

RoeBear

Yeah I'm having some trouble in CP. Switching characters as much as I do isn't helping the situation. It's just too satisfying when playing Carl and seeing it all come together. Also, Terumi and his stomps are just way too awesome, plus Yuichi Nakamura is an awesome VA.

Rhapsody

Banned
iirc, they added a way so you can do two player training mode online. It helps for people getting down things like setups to whatever.

As for learning how characters play, just do what I do and watch match videos. Just pay attention to certain points and it really helps.
Like what they do when they're cornered, what they do on CH, AA, off of a certain confirm, etc.

Who are the beginners to BB in this thread other than me?(and no, Roebear and Flux you guys don't count :p )[

Technically me. I played some CS Extend but never really considered getting serious with it. This one though I can see myself putting a lot of time into.

I play like a beginner. That's close enough, right?

Someone should play me now so I can not think about this nano story I don't have an outline for.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah I'm having some trouble in CP. Switching characters as much as I do isn't helping the situation. It's just too satisfying when playing Carl and seeing it all come together. Also, Terumi and his stomps are just way too awesome, plus Yuichi Nakamura is an awesome VA.

Was Carl always your main or did you just start playing as him for CP?

I started playing BlazBlue really just 2-3 months ago for the NeoGAF tournament that took place and didn't spend much time with it after it was done. Now I'm going to try to actually get good with CP. First step should be finding a main, though, and I feel that that area's still nebulous for me.

Ken

I think I'm missing something with 720 moves. Never played a grappler before but I'm trying to do Bullet's OD training mode combo and I get stuck on 720A after OD. Is there like, an easy and a hard way to do the 720 motions on a stick?

Onemic

I think I'm missing something with 720 moves. Never played a grappler before but I'm trying to do Bullet's OD training mode combo and I get stuck on 720A after OD. Is there like, an easy and a hard way to do the 720 motions on a stick?

I always thought that doing 720A in neutral was next to impossible and most do it by hiding the input within another move or during an empty jump. Im guessing for you that would be buffering the input during the OD maybe?

Was Carl always your main or did you just start playing as him for CP?

I started playing BlazBlue really just 2-3 months ago for the NeoGAF tournament that took place and didn't spend much time with it after it was done. Now I'm going to try to actually get good with CP. First step should be finding a main, though, and I feel that that area's still nebulous for me.

I really thought that Azrael would be my main when CP was first announced. It wasn't until last month when I became interested in Izayoi and until I got the game and finally outsome training time in to realize that Hakumen is most definitely the one that clicks most for me.

iirc, they added a way so you can do two player training mode online. It helps for people getting down things like setups to whatever.

As for learning how characters play, just do what I do and watch match videos. Just pay attention to certain points and it really helps.
Like what they do when they're cornered, what they do on CH, AA, off of a certain confirm, etc.

I was doing this initially, about 2 weeks before BBCP came out, but I guess all the character strategy went over my head, especially because I was more interested in playing Izayoi at the time.

My net is looking good again, so I'll probably be on to get destroyed by all of you in the next bit.

thundr51

Who are the beginners to BB in this thread other than me?(and no, Roebear and Flux you guys don't count :p ).

Me. I spend most of my time in training trying to get spacing/combos right. I don't think I've ever played another human...looking to change that.

wait wut

And it seems something in me seems to be clicking with Hakumens bnb's now. My rate of completing them in trainign mode has gone up a ton. I'm now getting the, around 60% of the time versus ~10% only a few hours ago. I hope I'm not jynxing myself by posting this, then go back to find that I can't complete a combo to save my life.

That's what happened with me. I was doing really badly until I just understood the timing resulting in my success rate going up a ton. It reminded me that I should stop the self-deprecation as it doesn't help me at all.

Ken

I always thought that doing 720A in neutral was next to impossible and most do it by hiding the input within another move or during an empty jump. Im guessing for you that would be buffering the input during the OD maybe?

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I tried the demonstration and the computer does some weird hop before doing 720A.

Onemic

ggs beats. I think we ended up tying in score overall lol

Those matches made me realize I really have no idea what to do with hakumen in terms of pressure/punishing etc. I also really need to practice my agito counter combo, I totally forgot how to do it. The only mixup I know off kishuu is throw and you found out that you could jump outta that fairly early on and I have no idea how to counter it.

Uncle AJ

First BB here. And coming from P4A as my first ArcSys game, but also having a few months with GGXXAC+R and now feeling comfortable in that too, here's the main stuff I'm struggling with adapting to BB and playing Hazama:

- Mixing up 2C with 3C. That is, when I want to do 2C as an anti-air, I end up getting 3C instead, and vice versa for when I want to use 3C in combos and pressure. Sucks screwing up your anti-air and getting CH, or dropping an essential part of a combo. It makes me wonder if I should switch back to my octo-gate...
- Microdash, microdash, microdash... you need to constantly buffer dashes like a fiend playing Haz while also being conscious about returning the stick to neutral afterwards so you don't accidentally get 6A, 6B or 6C. Need to build up my left hand's dexterity.
- Overall I'm just not feeling as "in control" of my character as I feel I should be. Still adapting to the button layout, the slow normal movement, nailing the timing on combo parts (yes, even Haz's j.C loops that look super mashy require some precision), etc. Movement still feels very stiff and combos feel very slippery. But it's my first week so I shouldn't beat myself up too hard.

Beats

ggs beats. I think we ended up tying in score overall lol

Those matches made me realize I really have no idea what to do with hakumen in terms of pressure/punishing etc. I also really need to practice my agito counter combo, I totally forgot how to do it. The only mixup I know off kishuu is throw and you found out that you could jump outta that fairly early on and I have no idea how to counter it.

Good games.

The Agito Counter is that grab thing I kept air dashing into right? Man, I didn't want to give up on Izayoi, so I switched to her after the first game. Her normals are kinda bad. :\

Onemic

Good games.

The Agito Counter is that grab thing I kept air dashing into right? Man, I didn't want to give up on Izayoi, so I switched to her after the first game. Her normals are kinda bad. :

Naw, agito is that air special I kept doing. Those counters are hakumens drive.

I've played too much hakumen over the past 2 days, so my izayoi is worthless

Hello, this is my first BB game, but I am not new to fighting games. If anyone is up for games, I am in CA and I play Azrael, and my PSN is my username.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Bullet and Izayoi will be good one day. It will all be worth it.

Dropping Bullet when Celica is playable.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Holy shit at Rachel's cat when you hit him, "have I been a bad boy?", "why do I like this?" "I think I'm addicted"

hahaha

RoeBear

Funny enough it's the one phone card picture that's not in the gallery to unlock

It was a gallery unlock in Extend.
- Mixing up 2C with 3C. That is, when I want to do 2C as an anti-air, I end up getting 3C instead, and vice versa for when I want to use 3C in combos and pressure. Sucks screwing up your anti-air and getting CH, or dropping an essential part of a combo. It makes me wonder if I should switch back to my octo-gate...
- Microdash, microdash, microdash... you need to constantly buffer dashes like a fiend playing Haz while also being conscious about returning the stick to neutral afterwards so you don't accidentally get 6A, 6B or 6C. Need to build up my left hand's dexterity.
- Overall I'm just not feeling as "in control" of my character as I feel I should be. Still adapting to the button layout, the slow normal movement, nailing the timing on combo parts (yes, even Haz's j.C loops that look super mashy require some precision), etc. Movement still feels very stiff and combos feel very slippery. But it's my first week so I shouldn't beat myself up too hard.
Yeah Hazama isn't as braindead as he was in past games. If you're having trouble mixing up his C moves try using 1C instead of 2C, you might have already tried this though.

Ken

For Bullet's 623C it throws the opponent in the opposite direction. When you follow up with her 632D, do you input in the direction you were in pre-throw or after?

Fugu

Really? It must be distance since I live in Montreal. So far, all of my games have been great when it comes to lag.
You live in Montreal? Daaaaaamn. Montreal's BB guys are the best (in the case of Vice-Taicho, this is literally the case). Maybe I'll message you the next time I go up there.

Top Bottom