• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Sorry Ken, didn't realize you had sent a message until after we finished.

Good matches Flux. I realized at some point that trying to block was completely useless since I press buttons anyway which defeats the whole purpose of blocking. And I tried to use moves that covered a wide range since I can't hit off of anything other than those.

With this game it always feels like I'm going one step forward two steps back. I feel pretty bad over it. Maybe that 2 day break wasn't enough.

FluxWaveZ

GGs. I noticed you were having a lot of trouble blocking Mu's 2Bs so I kept on doing them when you got knocked down.

As for me, those Noel weird body invulnerability attack moves (I guess they're her D moves?) are annoying as hell, but at least I started getting used to them as the matches went on.

Fugu

You guys saying you don't feel hopeless when playing against me hurts.

I wish I had more time to put into learning this right now.
i clicked it and then it connected me to PSN in the game but nothing happened. can you try once more?

here's the message i get when i try to accept

jMKvdRiqLoKR2.jpg
ルームが満員です。

Game's full.

5B[m] 2C 6D Haku Chun j.Hatsu RiichiB Hatsu Chun 5D 3C Staff 2 Kanchan 6D Tsubame 6C 3C
4k, not even hard

ggs with those sets proto, I was surprised I was sorta able to keep up until the last match that is.

Oh, and my bad for missing those matches ken.

Well, when I learned Rachel can combo her astral, that's all I tried to do. I'm still terrible though. I have no combos. GGs though... Sorry I had to leave abruptly.

Fugu

Anyone want to play? I can do things in the corner now.

EDIT: Lol, Litchi calls Bullet surprisingly unattractive when she wins.

Noi

Yikes, my extended break from BBCSEX might have done more harm than good. Need to get re-used to using an arcade stick and be able to actually do distortion drives on command.

...I keep trying to do Act Parser Zwei in Dia mode and forget that I have her CT Act Parsers back. This is gonna take some getting used to!

Edit: Ok wow, I thought I was being terrible but they just made Calamity Sword Luna Only and Legacy Edge Dia Only. Double emphasis on this taking some adjustment.

Fugu

Alright. I'm on a pretty big win streak in one of the lobbies right now so I'll send out invites when I lose.

Or we all join Rhapsody. Smarter idea.

Rhapsody

Banned
BBCP... doesn't seem to like my connection...

Ok, I'm definitely going to have to fix something if this is going to happen with all my opponents.

Fugu

It might be me. My last game was similarly laggy.

let's see if this goes better. Roe-Bear and I usually don't have a lot of lag.

Rhapsody

Banned
I wish all my out of state BB friends weren't from Canada lol

I want to test my connection with Roebear after. It says 2, so I hope that's really what it is.

Onemic

ggs beats

sorry for the lag and drop out that last match. My internet has been really spotty this week. my current plan might finally be getting updated so hopefully this will become less of an occurrence.

Rhapsody

Banned
brb Something has to be going on with my connection. Going to tweak some things since I can't even do blockstrings.

Someone else can host the lobby and send an invite to me. Maybe Roebear. I know you have the best upload speed probably, but I don't know if that also makes it better for hosting.

Beats

ggs beats

sorry for the lag and drop out that last match. My internet has been really spotty this week. my current plan might finally be getting updated so hopefully this will become less of an occurrence.

Yeah it's no problem. I think I need to practice some more stuff.

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
Is anyone playing right now that wants to go some sets in a few? tried messing with some network settings but I'm not sure if I made it any more stable lol.

Noi

Initial impressions and all, but man I'm not having fun with CP Nu at all. Mode change characters have always been my weakest link, and having two virtually identical modes is messing with my head. I thought I'd work around it but I just don't have the execution for constant mode changes in mid-combo. :/

Guess I'll start looking around to see if someone else strikes my fancy. I liked what little I played of Kagura.

FluxWaveZ

GGs to those I played in RoeBear's lobby, especially RoeBear and Rhapsody; those were some fun matches!

So yeah, I've given up on maining Carl since only crazy people play him. I'll stick with Mu. It's more fun to play as Carl, though, so I'll still try getting better with him.

hao chi

Azrael is quite unpleasant.

I'm glad I'm not the only that has had issues with him. Invincibility frames for days and his normals seem to beat most of Litchi's normals (though I'm sure that's largely because I'm bad).

I was fairly pissed off when I crossed him up with Litchi's 412C hold as he did his I believe 236D (the charge kick), and not only did I do zero damage to him, but Azrael turned around to hit me.

On the plus side though, I found out that Litchi's 632146C beats his 236236D (or at least it does when there's enough space between both players), and you can grab him out of that DD at start up as well. :D

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, everyone. Highlights for me were Flux baiting two bursts lol
ApolloJoh IBing to make only have of my frame traps work was cool too.

Netplay still gives me issues but I'm still getting use out of it seeing my mistakes.

RoeBear

GGs to everyone. I'm still mashing, I just need to calm down. I'm sorta getting those setups down with the frame traps, but still hard to get characters like Litchi and Rachel locked down cause I just let them get out of jail free.

Flux don't worry if you can't get that Carl stuff down yet, it'll come with time. But you got that new Mu combo down!

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs to everyone. I'm still mashing, I just need to calm down.
Same goes for me. I know you and Fluxwave called me out on my wakeup a lot.
So many counterhits and failed throw techs from me.

I'm still trying to get Terumi down. I know his combos but it's taking awhile to get them down to muscle memory in matches or which one I should do. I think today gave me some ideas in neutral and pressure though.

Rhapsody

Banned
After playing with you guys, I'm seeing some improvements. Granted my opponents are a bit more scared, I'm doing better.
Especially after simplifying my combos.

Had no idea what to do against a really good Amane as Terumi though.

Fugu

I'm glad I'm not the only that has had issues with him. Invincibility frames for days and his normals seem to beat most of Litchi's normals (though I'm sure that's largely because I'm bad).

I was fairly pissed off when I crossed him up with Litchi's 412C hold as he did his I believe 236D (the charge kick), and not only did I do zero damage to him, but Azrael turned around to hit me.

On the plus side though, I found out that Litchi's 632146C beats his 236236D (or at least it does when there's enough space between both players), and you can grab him out of that DD at start up as well. :D
I don't really have a great grasp on this matchup but I'm pretty sure Litchi has the advantage in it due to the fact that Itsuu is really, really strong against his ground options. It's just hard to keep up with the large number of gimmicks and good normals that he has right now.

Initial impressions and all, but man I'm not having fun with CP Nu at all. Mode change characters have always been my weakest link, and having two virtually identical modes is messing with my head. I thought I'd work around it but I just don't have the execution for constant mode changes in mid-combo. :/

Guess I'll start looking around to see if someone else strikes my fancy. I liked what little I played of Kagura.
Nu looks a lot better in this game than she did in CSEX, from what little I have seen of her.

Noi

ggs Q. One win in the whole set ain't bad for my first day.
KuGsj.gif

Definitely feel more confident in the character now. Now I just need to not always drop my 5B 5B 3C string...

Nu looks a lot better in this game than she did in CSEX, from what little I have seen of her.

Oh yeah, I've no doubt that she's actually better now, but I just really can't perform well with characters that are combo-heavy with mode/stance changes in the middle of their strings. The alternative to that would be just staying in Dia all the time, but then I'm playing with just half her available resources and no Calamity Sword/Zwei Parsers. I'm gonna try to just get better at it for now, but it's gonna take a while, if ever, to adapt.

Top Bottom