• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ggs Q. One win in the whole set ain't bad for my first day.
KuGsj.gif

Definitely feel more confident in the character now. Now I just need to not always drop my 5B 5B 3C string...
:p haha yeah I figured you were still trying to figure out what to do so I swapped to bullet xD

Onemic

ggs Q!

Cant believe I got 2 matches off you in that set even though you were just doing stuff. Greatest accomplishment ever.

Well, did some training this weekend.
Decided to main Azrael, I hope it's a good idea.
Also tommarrow I move to another internet company and I'll finally we'll be able to get some decent connection

Fugu

Two of them in one round and you still lost. Man, I don't even give a fuck Proto, keep doing it if that's what it takes.

Fugu

Wtf at this post. I've never seen a guy rage so hard when they're winning.
Hey, I ain't mad. It's frustrating to take 2800 damage for free; it's funny to take 2800 damage for free and then win.

Ggs though, I'm playing like a moron today. All that training mode and I can't hitconfirm squat.

Hey, I ain't mad. It's frustrating to take 2800 damage for free; it's funny to take 2800 damage for free and then win.

Ggs though, I'm playing like a moron today. All that training mode and I can't hitconfirm squat.

I get the frustration but you make it sound like it's only your problem. Those high lows you were doing? Pretty sure I blocked those. I also played a really good random earlier who broke not just my purple throws but regular throws too.

I know what you mean about hitconfirms. I stared blankly at my corner combos like a fool. I'm still pretty damn terrible. Either way, ggs. I had fun guys.

Fugu

I get the frustration but you make it sound like it's only your problem. Those high lows you were doing? Pretty sure I blocked those. I also played a really good random earlier who broke not just my purple throws but regular throws too.

I know what you mean about hitconfirms. I stared blankly at my corner combos like a fool. I'm still pretty damn terrible. Either way, ggs. I had fun guys.
Of course it's not my only problem; if it was, you'd be getting massacred and I'd be the best BlazBlue player in the world. The fact remains, however, that you lost most of the games we played in spite of the fact that you were getting free damage from purple throws, free damage that you wouldn't have gotten without poor latency.

I know my corner BnB pretty well but I don't yet know it well enough to do it online. I always struggle with doing combos involving lots of delay online. Midscreen I am literally just making it up as I go along as I have no idea what the real combos are.

Fugu

Inferiority complex and full of himself. dont know how that works but that's fugu
Of course I have an inferiority complex. Fighting games (and really any competitive... thing) are filled to the brim with people with inferiority complexes; it's so common it borders on cliché. What's your point? I thought we were here to play videogames, not psychoanalyze each other.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Of course I have an inferiority complex. Fighting games (and really any competitive... thing) are filled to the brim with people with inferiority complexes; it's so common it borders on cliché. What's your point? I thought we were here to play videogames, not psychoanalyze each other.

My point is you were getting free dmg as well, while acting like you have a disadvantage and boasting about winning. Lag sucks for both people

Fugu

My point is you were getting free dmg as well, while acting like you have a disadvantage and boasting about winning. Lag sucks for both people
I wasn't boasting about shit. In the post you quoted, he said I was winning, not me. I later went on to say that I didn't confirm anything and that I played like a moron, although I guess you ignored this because it didn't play into your narrative of me as an arrogant jackass.

You didn't even watch the matches we played; you're just using this as an opportunity to insult me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wasn't boasting about shit. In the post you quoted, he said I was winning, not me. I later went on to say that I didn't confirm anything and that I played like a moron, although I guess you ignored this because it didn't play into your narrative of me as an arrogant jackass.

You didn't even watch the matches we played; you're just using this as an opportunity to insult me.
lol
Two of them in one round and you still lost. Man, I don't even give a fuck Proto, keep doing it if that's what it takes.
Of course it's not my only problem; if it was, you'd be getting massacred and I'd be the best BlazBlue player in the world. The fact remains, however, that you lost most of the games we played in spite of the fact that you were getting free damage from purple throws, free damage that you wouldn't have gotten without poor latency.
cmon man look at this. This shit screams YOU SUCK IM SO GOOD.

edit: Im not trying to insult you as much as say how poisonous your attitude can be, you're a good player but your mannerisms suck

You're not boasting but you're putting other players down for no reason. If you keep falling for the same thing over and over in the same situation, I'd say you'd have to check yourself. Your high low is harder to block in lag because it's faster but even then, you can continue the blockstring. You purple tech once and you break my pressure. I'm sure I blocked your high low more than your tech. This is why I hate playing you. I don't end up having fun because I end up arguing for the stupidest things.

vocab

ggs vocab

I guess. I wasn't feeling it. I didn't remember any of my buttons, and I can't even land any combos. The games I threw away felt like I was a useless piece of shit. I'm really starting to dislike the game the more I play it. Can't tell when I can punish something/deceptive throw range. Plus I don't even like any of the characters I try. The characters I like have shitty short hop dashes. Do not want. ugh

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Arcade mode?
Well besides that. I ment like the old games xD They have their arcade mode stuff.

I guess. I wasn't feeling it. I didn't remember any of my buttons, and I can't even land any combos. The games I threw away felt like I was a useless piece of shit. I'm really starting to dislike the game the more I play it. Can't tell when I can punish something/deceptive throw range. Plus I don't even like any of the characters I try. The characters I like have shitty short hop dashes. Do not want. ugh
What characters? The only character with a short dash that hurts them is Bullet, but it's actually really good once she get's going. She's has a really specific way to approach matches.

Beats

Okay, so after messing around with Izayoi, Tsubaki, Mu, Tager, and Nu the past week, I think I'll stick with Nu as a main. Man, there are too many characters that I want to play >.<

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Okay, so after messing around with Izayoi, Tsubaki, Mu, Tager, and Nu the past week, I think I'll stick with Nu as a main. Man, there are too many characters that I want to play >.<

Nu is so fancy in this version. Once you get her down you'll feel like you are playing DMC or some shit xD She's strong but man she requires a lot of execution in this version. Nothing new really I guess.
platinum is so ass ._.
She's not bad at all, learn some of her frame trap stuff and when and what items you need and when to toss and she improves a lot. ^_^/ Watch some matches and get a feel for what others are doing

Just arrived a few days ago for me and decided to try and main Azrael.

Teleport dashing makes spacing hard, his rekka chain is odd, links are also as tough as everyone is saying. Overall, seems fun but needs a lot of work to put into him.

Fugu

platinum is so ass ._.
You play much better than your performance suggests and you should be beating so many more people than you do. But you have this tendency to do meaties on wakeup for oki over and over and over again and you end up just losing a lot of health for no reason because people are reading your oki. You get a lot of damage and you zone well but you eat like four DPs a round so it doesn't matter. And you know how to bait a DP because I've seen you do it; you just need to do it more often. Today I watched you demolish a bunch of zoning characters because they can't handle that style of play very well.

You rush down pretty well and you run well when you have to (although the way you use some of the items is a little suspect). You would honestly probably win a ton more games if you baited as much as one DP a round or if you did some safer oki options (like 2A throw).

You're not boasting but you're putting other players down for no reason. If you keep falling for the same thing over and over in the same situation, I'd say you'd have to check yourself. Your high low is harder to block in lag because it's faster but even then, you can continue the blockstring. You purple tech once and you break my pressure. I'm sure I blocked your high low more than your tech. This is why I hate playing you. I don't end up having fun because I end up arguing for the stupidest things.
You know, I'm really not trying to ruin anyone's fun. I was mad because you were playing the latency to your advantage and I don't really have an answer to that so I posted about being mad about it.

As for the bolded part of your post, you and I both know that that's not applicable. This is something balanced for no latency that doesn't translate to higher latencies. I don't even know what a Litchi comparison would be unless I started throwing purple grabs in at the end of my combos.

lol

cmon man look at this. This shit screams YOU SUCK IM SO GOOD.

edit: Im not trying to insult you as much as say how poisonous your attitude can be, you're a good player but your mannerisms suck
What I'm getting from you is "you're a good player but a mediocre person". Fortunately for me I couldn't care less about your opinion of me as a person. It's a big internet Q, we don't all have to like each other.

Nyoro SF

I was going to take a moral side in this argument but Q's avatar > Fugu's

Anyway question for all you bros who have the game... is Kagura easy combo-wise? I'm a combo scrub and the idea of hard links makes me shiver in this Northeastern cold. I own Skullgirls and the only combos I could do in that game were Squigly ones after intense training.

Style of gameplay doesn't factor too much into my game, as long as I'm not playing one of those "I block with my face before I do huge damage" types.

3Kaze

Anyway question for all you bros who have the game... is Kagura easy combo-wise? I'm a combo scrub and the idea of hard links makes me shiver in this Northeastern cold. I own Skullgirls and the only combos I could do in that game were Squigly ones after intense training.

Style of gameplay doesn't factor too much into my game, as long as I'm not playing one of those "I block with my face before I do huge damage" types.

Nope. Well, depends if you like charge characters or not.

Onemic

From what I hear he's like noel, so I would guess they would be relatively easy on top of general drive shenanningans

I don't think so. You'd be putting in work to even learn all his moves.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, Prototype. No Rachel mirrors this time. lol

Doing all these matches helped out my Terumi. My biggest issue is making sure I don't hoard too much meter, but I don't want to spend it off of 2A starters either. I got j2D loops to work online, and our connection is pretty good too.

RoeBear

Good games Platinum Milk, sorry for the purple throws in the last match. I feel like my Carl is getting slowly better with time.

I should probably just stick with Carl and Relius. After seeing Rhaps Terumi I feel I don't play him well enough.

i played proto's and roe's platinums today

why

She's not bad at all, learn some of her frame trap stuff and when and what items you need and when to toss and she improves a lot. ^_^/ Watch some matches and get a feel for what others are doing

maybe in isolation, but against the rest of the cast, eh

but i made that post after reading through all her changes, which feels like a giant nerf list to a character that already wasn't amazing to begin with

Good games Platinum Milk, sorry for the purple throws in the last match. I feel like my Carl is getting slowly better with time.

I should probably just stick with Carl and Relius. After seeing Rhaps Terumi I feel I don't play him well enough.

yea, ggs man

purple throws are whatever, but i'll be glad when you get over your character crisis

Nyoro SF

Nope. Well, depends if you like charge characters or not.

I'm OK with charge chars.

However if his combos are kind of nutso it'll be a big hurdle for someone like me.

I will experiment more when I get the US version. While I played Jin pretty much exclusively in the last versions, I really want to branch out.

Top Bottom