• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Seems like fireworks have been going off while I've been gone.

Would guys mind if the next game was done in GGXrd style but with the limitation being that it would have the same roster size as whatever GGXrd is having (I'm assuming they are not going to bring every past GG character since it's a new game/3d/etc)?

cj_iwakura

I'm OK with charge chars.

However if his combos are kind of nutso it'll be a big hurdle for someone like me.

I will experiment more when I get the US version. While I played Jin pretty much exclusively in the last versions, I really want to branch out.

I'd recommend sticking with Jin, he's a good beginner character IMO. Easy to pick up, lots to master.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm OK with charge chars.

However if his combos are kind of nutso it'll be a big hurdle for someone like me.

I will experiment more when I get the US version. While I played Jin pretty much exclusively in the last versions, I really want to branch out.
They are not too bad, you just gotta get a charge move in the middle of the combos. Once you get him down you can look forward to stuff like this.
http://youtu.be/NxmnYE0CUkg?t=2m0s

Jin is really really good in this version though, if you enjoy the character it's not a bad idea to stick with him :p

Rhapsody

Banned
Good games Platinum Milk, sorry for the purple throws in the last match. I feel like my Carl is getting slowly better with time.

I should probably just stick with Carl and Relius. After seeing Rhaps Terumi I feel I don't play him well enough.

Well, he is pretty new. So I'm pretty lucky I've gotten a decent idea on his neutral game and pressure before a lot of match videos.

While my Terumi is improving now, it's still pretty hard for me to win in long sets. People are starting to realize when my highs or throws are. 1 hit 5C RC into j.B's pretty cool. But now I'm having to do a fake and go low at the cost of meter.

I'm sort of at a loss on what's the next step with him. lol
Defending is pretty scary too. His counter assault is awful, so pressure from characters like Carl make it really difficult for me to calm down and not mash, haha.

They are not too bad, you just gotta get a charge move in the middle of the combos. Once you get him down you can look forward to stuff like this.
http://youtu.be/NxmnYE0CUkg?t=2m0s

Jin is really really good in this version though, if you enjoy the character it's not a bad idea to stick with him :p

Was thinking about playing kagura, I think I'm going to stick with litchi atm. She seems like my kind of character. Learning neutral game with her is going to be tough though.

GGs, Prototype. No Rachel mirrors this time. lol

Doing all these matches helped out my Terumi. My biggest issue is making sure I don't hoard too much meter, but I don't want to spend it off of 2A starters either. I got j2D loops to work online, and our connection is pretty good too.

I was hoping for some mirrors because my Rachel is really terrible. I need to learn some new setups and combos.

Fugu

So I might be a very late on this, but the trophy icons for BBCP actually form one giant vertical image. I'm pretty sure it takes the record for the longest image formed that way in any trophy list. I went and pasted them all together at their full res so it's easier to see, cause the effect is really subtle. Fucking 240 x 12240 and 8.40MB, jesus christ.

Here it is in all its glory. One icon is a story spoiler.

Same image with the spoiler icon black'd out.
I finally understand why the console version took so long.

This is actually really neat, though.

Well, he is pretty new. So I'm pretty lucky I've gotten a decent idea on his neutral game and pressure before a lot of match videos.

While my Terumi is improving now, it's still pretty hard for me to win in long sets. People are starting to realize when my highs or throws are. 1 hit 5C RC into j.B's pretty cool. But now I'm having to do a fake and go low at the cost of meter.

I'm sort of at a loss on what's the next step with him. lol
Defending is pretty scary too. His counter assault is awful, so pressure from characters like Carl make it really difficult for me to calm down and not mash, haha.
I honestly wonder how Terumi is supposed to be played because most of the people I've seen play him just run at people, do his combo as a blockstring and hope their opponents read the low incorrectly
which happens sometimes because man, if there was ever an attack that LOOKED like it should be in overhead, it's that two hit kick
. I don't know what his air game looks like. Hell, I don't really know what his ground game looks like.

i played proto's and roe's platinums today

why

Used her for a little bit in Extend. Wanted to see what I could do in CP.

Not much.

Ah. We can do some next time. I'm always too busy to play on Mon-Thurs, so Fri-Sun I'm usually free.

Sounds good! Hopefully I can get some training in before I face you. I only have corner combos starting with 2B/5B and NO set ups (combos end in the air so you can air dash out). I also put myself in the corner 90% of the time. I'm getting the hang of her slowly though.

Rhapsody

Banned
I honestly wonder how Terumi is supposed to be played because most of the people I've seen play him just run at people, do his combo as a blockstring and hope their opponents read the low incorrectly
which happens sometimes because man, if there was ever an attack that LOOKED like it should be in overhead, it's that two hit kick
. I don't know what his air game looks like. Hell, I don't really know what his ground game looks like.
His playstyle is pretty straight forward. He only has 2 lows, 2B and 3C, and one standing high (super lol). Basically at footsie range, his best tools are 5D and 2C. 5D's pretty decent since you get 7 heat or so on block and can confirm into 236D on hit for more meter. Terumi just wants to get in though so you can do 5D or 5B into 6B which Fatals and gives +4 (?) on block. In that setup it beats throw and 2A mashers since it seems to have foot invul. Once I'm in range I usually do 5A into 5C blockstring, then jump cancel the first hit of 5C into j.2D and pressure with 2A afterwards if they block it. If they got hit in crouching state, you can do j2D loops and end up with 70 meter or so towards the end. If you have meter, 5C can be RCed into his 2 hit j.B, go straight into a low 2B, or do 1 hit j.B and etc.

j.D is a pretty good air move for harassing them and gaining meter. Only problem is if it hits, you can't convert off of it that well.

Other than that, the only way to open people up is through grabs or command grab. His damage off of 2A is absolutely terrible, but if you have a 5B starter you can get over 5k if you have the meter.

However, I found out that you can beat 5B/5D > 6B with a mid like Ragna's 5B if Terumi's being too obvious with his blockstring. The 5C into j2D frame trap only works on some characters. Characters with 5 frame 5As beat it. Not sure if 6 frame 5As can but I know that 7 frame 5As get CHed on regular block. 5B and 6B might be his only standing + on block moves.

He has a lot of neat gimmicks, but I'm finding it extremely hard to win long sets to people that adapt. It's probably going to stay that way until I find some new stuff. I know 5C into j2D can sometimes cross up, but I can't do it intentionally yet. I'm just lucky Terumi has fraudulent damage off of a good confirm.

Oh, and he gets oki or safe jump if you end a combo with 6D. Not that great, but free heat on block I guess lol

Fugu

His playstyle is pretty straight forward. He only has 2 lows, 2B and 3C, and one standing high (super lol). Basically at footsie range, his best tools are 5D and 2C. 5D's pretty decent since you get 7 heat or so on block and can confirm into 236D on hit for more meter. Terumi just wants to get in though so you can do 5D or 5B into 6B which Fatals and gives +4 (?) on block. In that setup it beats throw and 2A mashers since it seems to have foot invul. Once I'm in range I usually do 5A into 5C blockstring, then jump cancel the first hit of 5C into j.2D and pressure with 2A afterwards if they block it. If they got hit in crouching state, you can do j2D loops and end up with 70 meter or so towards the end. If you have meter, 5C can be RCed into his 2 hit j.B, go straight into a low 2B, or do 1 hit j.B and etc.

j.D is a pretty good air move for harassing them and gaining meter. Only problem is if it hits, you can't convert off of it that well.

Other than that, the only way to open people up is through grabs or command grab. His damage off of 2A is absolutely terrible, but if you have a 5B starter you can get over 5k if you have the meter.

However, I found out that you can beat 5B/5D > 6B with a mid like Ragna's 5B if Terumi's being too obvious with his blockstring. The 5C into j2D frame trap only works on some characters. Characters with 5 frame 5As beat it. Not sure if 6 frame 5As can but I know that 7 frame 5As get CHed on regular block.

He has a lot of neat gimmicks, but I'm finding it extremely hard to win long sets to people that adapt. It's probably going to stay that way until I find some new stuff. I know 5C into j2D can sometimes cross up, but I can't do it intentionally yet. I'm just lucky Terumi has fraudulent damage off of a good confirm.
What I'm getting from this is that he has no meterless overhead without jumping.

That's... really good to know.

EDIT: My experience definitely agrees with what you're saying though, especially about the damage. I've seen people get higher than I can do in the corner at midscreen.

I honestly wonder how Terumi is supposed to be played because most of the people I've seen play him just run at people, do his combo as a blockstring and hope their opponents read the low incorrectly which happens sometimes because man, if there was ever an attack that LOOKED like it should be in overhead, it's that two hit kick. I don't know what his air game looks like. Hell, I don't really know what his ground game looks like.

It threw me off one time because you can actually cancel that first hit of the kick into an air attack. I ate a j.D from it.

Rhapsody

Banned
My friend is treating the 2nd hit like an overhead, so he's now blocking high in case I RC or JC into j2D.
Even if I RC and go low, it's still much better than eating a j2D and going into loops.

I definitely hit a wall since it's hard to get a high damaging mixup outside of gimmicks.
I'm trying to treat him as a pseudo grappler with frame traps, but people are catching on.

Oh well. This week is Kokonoe, so I'm ready to start finding tech with her
and then just play Rachel and Ragna after a month like usual.

My friend is treating the 2nd hit like an overhead, so he's now blocking high in case I RC or JC into j2D.
Even if I RC and go low, it's still much better than eating a j2D and going into loops.

I definitely hit a wall since it's hard to get a high damaging mixup outside of gimmicks.
I'm trying to treat him as a pseudo grappler with frame traps, but people are catching on.

Oh well. This week is Kokonoe, so I'm ready to start finding tech with her
and then just play Rachel and Ragna after a month like usual.

I have a feeling that Terumi was built around OD. Get opponent down to about 75% health, get them in the corner, hit confirm, OD, do about 7-8k damage and you're done. Obviously it's much easier said than done but I don't see any other way.

shtkn

From what my friends tell me, Terumi is a frame trap rushdown character. He doesn't have much high/low mixup, but he hits very hard. Overall, constantly attack and build meter (even on block), then once you finally break through their defenses, use all your meter for 5k+ combos.

On defense, he has a crappy counter assault and decent reversal supers.

Another friend of mine also made this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMd1xtKfIzM

Rhapsody

Banned
Was just about to post that after seeing you post it on DL lol.
Will check it out after class since I'm curious what Pulsr came up with.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
From what my friends tell me, Terumi is a frame trap rushdown character. He doesn't have much high/low mixup, but he hits very hard. Overall, constantly attack and build meter (even on block), then once you finally break through their defenses, use all your meter for 5k+ combos.

On defense, he has a crappy counter assault and decent reversal supers.

Another friend of mine also made this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMd1xtKfIzM
hahaha that fatal counter loop at the end was great
So I might be a very late on this, but the trophy icons for BBCP actually form one giant vertical image. I'm pretty sure it takes the record for the longest image formed that way in any trophy list. I went and pasted them all together at their full res so it's easier to see, cause the effect is really subtle. Fucking 240 x 12240 and 8.40MB, jesus christ.

Here it is in all its glory. One icon is a story spoiler.

Same image with the spoiler icon black'd out.
Sooo much avatar material in that.

Any good matches of Amane?
Here

Noi

Sooo much avatar material in that.

They're all here! Click the trophy you want, then the icon once you're in the trophy's page and It'll show up like so:

6sGOQA0.png
RRS1JYi.png
PJ0H8rr.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I like how when they know a character is OP they make them have a trophy that ask you to get a perfect with them. Arakune had one in CT as well. Looks like Valk has one in this one xD

cajunator

Banned
This game has sooooo much squee in it. I love it.
Especially in the rare event that I win with Platinum and she pokes the defeated opponent with her wand <3

Onemic

Not during, after.

That's quite some time then isn't it?

Getting used to movement in this game, especially with Hakumen is gonna take a while. I find that there are certain ranges that I feel I'm completely helpless and don't really know what to do. Specifically when Hakumen is just outside of 2B range and when the opponent is directly over hakumen's head(regardless of range). In the first, I have no idea what normals to approach with or even be defensive with and for the second, any opponent that gets anywhere directly above Hakumen it seems like guaranteed pressure for days. There has yet to be a situation I've been i facing any character, where they managed to get directly above hakumens head and I was able to AA them or stop their pressure. It's either I blcok or I eat a counter. I also have no idea how to utilize his 5C.

cj_iwakura

Arrived today. :D I have class in like half an hour, but I may have time for literally a couple matches.

WTF. Why do I have an LE cover?

Got the Terumi DLC too. :D Do I need to activate it via the Asian store since I have the Asian version?

Noi

Trying to clear Highlander mode with Bullet is going to end with me breaking something. This mode was not made with her in mind.

Getting used to movement in this game, especially with Hakumen is gonna take a while. I find that there are certain ranges that I feel I'm completely helpless and don't really know what to do. Specifically when Hakumen is just outside of 2B range and when the opponent is directly over hakumen's head(regardless of range). In the first, I have no idea what normals to approach with or even be defensive with and for the second, any opponent that gets anywhere directly above Hakumen it seems like guaranteed pressure for days. There has yet to be a situation I've been i facing any character, where they managed to get directly above hakumens head and I was able to AA them or stop their pressure. It's either I blcok or I eat a counter. I also have no idea how to utilize his 5C.

I don't play Hakumen but I'm pretty sure his shoulder bash move and his 2C are good for anti-air.

Noi

Try using arakune

...I just did and was literally a few bugs away from beating him on my first attempt. Beams pretty much shut me out entirely. Honestly, that's more than I can say for Bullet, at least Ara has a single reliable attack you can spam. @_@

Edit: Just did it on my second try. Just spam 6D over and over and over and Ara is super easy. Bullet WISHES she had something like it.

Fugu

Hakumen's 2C is designed for exactly this scenario. It's a very good move. People basically cannot jump in on Hakumen due to the combination of this and counter.

As for your issue with people outside of 2B range, opponents basically can't approach you from here because you can either poke them as they arrive or counter them when they get there. It takes some getting used to but this is really where Hakumen is at his most scary.

RoeBear

Trying to clear Highlander mode with Bullet is going to end with me breaking something. This mode was not made with her in mind.
Finished that mode and got the trophy today. It was pretty frustrating but not as bad as having to fully unlock the gallery like past games.

Astarte

...I just did and was literally a few bugs away from beating him on my first attempt. Beams pretty much shut me out entirely. Honestly, that's more than I can say for Bullet, at least Ara has a single reliable attack you can spam. @_@

Edit: Just did it on my second try. Just spam 6D over and over and over and Ara is super easy. Bullet WISHES she had something like it.

I...had an easier time using Bullet than Arakune ;_;

Noi

EWmof.gif
Highlander Bullet cleared.
p0QHO.gif

It only took some 20-something attempts, including ones where
Takemikazuchi used the whole screen AoE beam but put the safe spot at the literal opposite side of the screen, where it's impossible for Bullet to make it in time.

Just have a few more characters to go. Hoping Carl/Relius aren't a nuisance...

Onemic

Hakumen's 2C is designed for exactly this scenario. It's a very good move. People basically cannot jump in on Hakumen due to the combination of this and counter.

2C tends to be way to slow for me to react to someone in that situation. The times where I've tried using 2C on reaction in a situation like that it's always far too slow to come out and gets stuffed. Unless I read that someone will try and jump/airdash right above me, it usually loses.

I don't play Hakumen but I'm pretty sure his shoulder bash move and his 2C are good for anti-air.

6A always loses in this situation, it's hitbox is pretty bad for opponents directly above you.

As for your issue with people outside of 2B range, opponents basically can't approach you from here because you can either poke them as they arrive or counter them when they get there. It takes some getting used to but this is really where Hakumen is at his most scary.

What pokes would hakumen use in that scenario though? 5B?

Nyoro SF

If you're worried about Hakumen at neutral, no worries.

After watching high level Hakumens on Jourdal's channel, I've discovered that hopping around like a doofus while doing that one special that makes you hover to fuck up people's anti-air attempts is a prime way to bait people or move into attack range.

It may sound rude, but it works!

Rhapsody

Banned
If you're worried about Hakumen at neutral, no worries.

After watching high level Hakumens on Jourdal's channel, I've discovered that hopping around like a doofus while doing that one special that makes you hover to fuck up people's anti-air attempts is a prime way to bait people or move into attack range.

It may sound rude, but it works!

Hakumen's Agito really needs to not be one star...

Top Bottom