• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't mind it, gives him a good tool and helps him open people up which he's always been kinda bad at
I'm just salty. And that I think 1 star isn't affected with heat gain cool down.

Edit: Well, salty's not the best word. But I think it's such a good tool, haha.
Tell me there's a way to make the arcade opening the astral music like it should be.
Yes, you can change it in options. Here's Kurushii's menu translation again http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?17814-CP-Menu-Translations

Just scroll down to options then game.

Lucentto

Banned
After spending several day in training mode i'm playing: Tsubaki, Bullet, and Jin

Tsubaki is good, but her neutral game is kind of meh and her combos can be a pain in the ass with timing. Playing this character online might be an exercise of frustration.

Bullet is okay, I don't find her movement options that good, and she really needs heat to get going.

Jin is godlike, has nearly every tool, I can see why so many people play this character.

I'm still not 100% sure who my actual main character will be, probably may end up being Bullet, I find myself the most comfortable with her.

My PSN is Lucentto btw, add me if you haven't already. I'm free to play whenever, i am on at random times.

Onemic

ggs iwakura

in only a few hours you can already do stuff with characters in this game. My innate fighting game ability the worst of the worst. :(

cj_iwakura

ggs iwakura

in only a few hours you can already do stuff with characters in this game. My innate fighting game ability the worst of the worst. :(

I was mostly screwing around with Terumi and Azrael. I did some of Terumi's challenges, but their stuff kind of flows together. Haven't tried Bullet yet. Amane might be too technical for me. I like his style though.

Kikirin

2C tends to be way to slow for me to react to someone in that situation. The times where I've tried using 2C on reaction in a situation like that it's always far too slow to come out and gets stuffed. Unless I read that someone will try and jump/airdash right above me, it usually loses.

6A always loses in this situation, it's hitbox is pretty bad for opponents directly above you.

I think I know what you're talking about - I have problems with that attack angle (between directly above and about 20 degrees from the vertical) in a lot of fighting games in general.

Have you tried TK Hotaru (2147B) or 5D?

Onemic

I think I know what you're talking about - I have problems with that attack angle (between directly above and about 20 degrees from the vertical) in a lot of fighting games in general.

Have you tried TK Hotaru (2147B) or 5D?

nope, i'll put them to use. Im beginning ot realize I almost never use hakumens 5D, I should probably stop that.

Fugu

nope, i'll put them to use. Im beginning ot realize I almost never use hakumens 5D, I should probably stop that.
2C is not for reacting, it's for spacing -- as you noted, it's too slow for that. The only time you're going to be able to use it to react is if someone does a really far out airdash or is like, super jumping right next to you.

As Kikirin mentioned, 5D is much better for this purpose (although you'll likely get less meter, especially if there's a projectile involved). You should also note that people have also used j.D right off of the ground for this purpose and which one you use comes down to meter and which of the two is comboable in this version (I have no idea which of the two it is). You should also consider that j.D is not susceptible to lows, while 5D is, although this is only relevant if you misread the scenario.

The other move you should really consider is the tsubaki roll, which might be the most useful single move in the game. Not only is it a rather fast overhead that does a lot of damage, it will outright beat pretty much every other move in the air without much consideration to timing. If some Ragna is getting up in your business, give him the TK tsubaki.

Lemstar

It's probably a bit late, but who still needs copies of the game? I found an even cheaper place to get HK digital copies from, so I can set up groups that look something like $15 resell/$7.50 phantom.

It's probably a bit late, but who still needs copies of the game? I found an even cheaper place to get HK digital copies from, so I can set up groups that look something like $15 resell/$7.50 phantom.

My roommate might be interested. What is the $15 resell and $7.50 phantom?

onionfrog

$15 is cheap. I'm interested in a $15 resell slot. I'm in if PayPal is ok for payment.

LegatoB

So I guess there's some new exploit which allows you to "activate" a game on multiple PS3 systems despite the limit being changed to two systems max at once? It's your money and all, but I don't think you should expect to retain that "purchase" for too long.

Lemstar

So I guess there's some new exploit which allows you to "activate" a game on multiple PS3 systems despite the limit being changed to two systems max at once? It's your money and all, but I don't think you should expect to retain that "purchase" for too long.
The "exploit" has been around since PS3 launch, and no one's gotten in trouble. I wouldn't be too worried.

PayPal is fine, but I'd really like to fill both phantom slots, since I doubt the two of you would like to pay the extra fee. Hopefully finding two more people won't take too long.

onionfrog

The "exploit" has been around since PS3 launch, and no one's gotten in trouble. I wouldn't be too worried.

PayPal is fine, but I'd really like to fill both phantom slots, since I doubt the two of you would like to pay the extra fee. Hopefully finding two more people won't take too long.
I'd be fine with a phantom slot instead of a resell if that makes things easier for you.

Lemstar

I'd be fine with a phantom slot instead of a resell if that makes things easier for you.
Yeah, that would.

Resell ($15)
1. Prototype-03
2. SolarKnight
Phantom ($7.50)
1. onionfrog

Someone had PMed me about the last group I made right as it filled; I'll see if he's interested in the last slot.

Noi

I can't believe that YOLO super against Tao worked.
KuGsj.gif

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

I am up for 15 resell if there are still space left. What does resell and phantom mean?

Have paypal or that chase money apps, cash is possible if near los Angeles.

Edit: oh damn it's full, I failed at reading.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
i thought you were saving that money for popstar ahri kiunch

I have like so many rp in my account sponsored by amex that I don't think I ever need to spend money in league again.

Is that resell thing easy to set up? If so I might want to find some people to set one up. Do I just create a psn account, buy the game, and share the info?

Uraizen

Banned
I have like so many rp in my account sponsored by amex that I don't think I ever need to spend money in league again.

Is that resell thing easy to set up? If so I might want to find some people to set one up. Do I just create a psn account, buy the game, and share the info?

Let me see if I can explain how my friend explained it to me. Resell means you can access the account you bought it on and can always go back to redownload it. Phantom is a one time download type deal, so if gets corrupted, the HDD dies, etc. then it's gone for good. To get a phantom to work, you need to let them download it once then deactivate your PS3s from the SEN website or something. Not 100% sure how it works, but that's the basic idea behind it. Best to wait for somebody else to explain phantom downloads better.

Lemstar

Let me see if I can explain how my friend explained it to me. Resell means you can access the account you bought it on and can always go back to redownload it. Phantom is a one time download type deal, so if gets corrupted, the HDD dies, etc. then it's gone for good. To get a phantom to work, you need to let them download it once then deactivate your PS3s from the SEN website or something. Not 100% sure how it works, but that's the basic idea behind it. Best to wait for somebody else to explain phantom downloads better.
Right on.

Edit: oh damn it's full, I failed at reading.
I can put more together if there's a need, although the free Terumi offer ends tomorrow, so it'd probably be best if people expressed interest today.

You can do it yourself if need be (I can give you the instructions), although you'd probably be paying full price in that case.

onionfrog

Right on.

I can put more together if there's a need, although the free Terumi offer ends tomorrow, so it'd probably be best if people expressed interest today.

You can do it yourself if need be (I can give you the instructions), although you'd probably be paying full price in that case.

Hey Lemster. I'll PM you later when I'm done.

I downloaded it off the store, but it failed when I tried to install the game.

So now I have to re download the whole 8gb file and try to install again. :/

I just thought I'd keep you posted.
And thanks!

Uraizen

Banned
I downloaded it off the store, but it failed when I tried to install the game.

So now I have to re download the whole 8gb file and try to install again. :/

It took both me and caj three times each just to get a working install. It's going to be a huge pain in the ass. After failing the first two times we did this and it worked the third.

Top Bottom