• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Uraizen

Banned
Lol yeah. If I knew you and Cajun were game-sharing it, I would've asked if I could too. I already spent the money though so now I'm just waiting. :(

Sorry, we spontaneously decided to create an account to permanently share and snag other stuff. I think only Vanilla knew what we were up to.

OceanBlue

Sorry, we spontaneously decided to create an account to permanently share and snag other stuff. I think only Vanilla knew what we were up to.

Ah don't worry, I like having a copy to bring around. I should've paid the extra money for quick shipping though...

Ken

i need more actual match experience

today was the first day i actually played the game outside of training mode @_@

ggs people

fuck mu and her english voice

fuck puppets

fuck noel too

Mu isn't too bad. Even with the steins. If you're like me most of your trouble will come from not being patient enough with blocking.

I'm thinking of setting up a room tomorrow where the only goal is to alternate between practicing block strings and practicing blocking itself (and throw breaks) if anyone's interested. The online training mode should be useful for this. Sometimes you just need to re-calibrate and learn that it's ok to block instead of attacking.

Also, I figure it will be more valuable to practice these things with another human instead of the erratic CPU.

Naite

My initial impressions of Kokonoe
- You can set her drive in one of 9 directions and cancel them off normals for extended strings or just reduce recovery
- Her normals are so good
- Magnet gauge is fairly long
- Airdash range is pretty large
- Her rocketpunch move comes in 2 flavors. A version does more damage and move forward a little. With a magnet, you can follow this version midscreen with 3C. B version attaches something on the opponent that can explode while theyre getting up. Can airdash up and combo off of the explosion if not blocked. B version also hits nearly fullscreen. When randomly throwing it out, I was getting stuffed by a lot of things and even thrown before the first punch.
- The giant fireball super is sorta like a hidden missiles in that it'll stay around even if you hit her out of it
- Teleport only moves forward a bit. Great for teleporting behind an opponent during blockstrings + fireball
- 6A, 6B and Mecha Tager laser are all chargable. Mecha Tager charges by both holding the button and spinning the stick around, but I haven't seen a practical use for charging it.
- Love her astral.
Science is Power

Naite

Haven't seen if there were others but Kokonoe has a great intro against Azrael.

Messing around with Kokonoe's black hole super. It does some weird shit when a magnet is active. If the opponent is within the magnet, the blackhole can't pull them in. If they're outside the magnet, usually the magnet will still pull them in stronger than the black hole. But I've had at least one or two times when the black hole pull them in instead.

Rhapsody

Banned
My initial impressions of Kokonoe
- You can set her drive in one of 9 directions and cancel them off normals for extended strings or just reduce recovery
- Her normals are so good
- Magnet gauge is fairly long
- Airdash range is pretty large
- Her rocketpunch move comes in 2 flavors. A version does more damage and move forward a little. With a magnet, you can follow this version midscreen with 3C. B version attaches something on the opponent that can explode while theyre getting up. Can airdash up and combo off of the explosion if not blocked. B version also hits nearly fullscreen. When randomly throwing it out, I was getting stuffed by a lot of things and even thrown before the first punch.
- The giant fireball super is sorta like a hidden missiles in that it'll stay around even if you hit her out of it
- Teleport only moves forward a bit. Great for teleporting behind an opponent during blockstrings + fireball
- 6A, 6B and Mecha Tager laser are all chargable. Mecha Tager charges by both holding the button and spinning the stick around, but I haven't seen a practical use for charging it.
- Love her astral.
Science is Power
Yeah, she's looking pretty strong. 5C's so good as footsies and especially when it counterhits, which gives 5k or so meterless iirc. j2C's pretty great for starting pressure since being IB'ed from a high height can still lead into pressure without any gaps. Like you said, her normals are just great overal,l and better than what I expected before release.

236B is mostly used to extend combos since it doesn't really do anything for oki. Using 5D like a Tsubaki 5D as pressure leads to some interesting things. Drive in general's pretty interesting to use as a visible Testament trap.

I'm hoping she ends up developing some cool neutral and oki off of her specials and drive. As of right now, I won't be using her since I wasn't looking for a character with good normals and damage.

Cronox

Banned
I'm sure I'm not the first to say this but... no 360 version? What the hell? I aint buying 2 arcade sticks for PS3.

Jiyuna reporting Kokonoe is legit bullshit with day 1 unblockable setups.

I know I'm already getting destroyed...but that doesn't mean a lot. Kind of discouraging though...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Jiyuna reporting Kokonoe is legit bullshit with day 1 unblockable setups.

I know I'm already getting destroyed...but that doesn't mean a lot. Kind of discouraging though...
Her design is set up so she's gonna be good no mater what, it's why I wanted her the moment I saw her trailers/gameplay.

Also she needs new pants

Top Bottom