• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Onemic

I've yet to be able to find anyone in ranked. When I try to make it show me a list of available players, I see the list once, and if I try to refresh I get nothing, except some Japanese text right in the middle of the player list.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Been playing locals today, some really good players here :D

An absolutely great noel, 4-6k dmg off anything he lands a hit on. ANYTHING lol

Onemic

Been playing locals today, some really good players here :D

An absolutely great noel, 4-6k dmg off anything he lands a hit on. ANYTHING lol

Why does Hakumen do no dmg unless in OD :(

I just suck

Why do I only like characters in this game that have really awkward movement?

cj_iwakura

So how do you guys meet up to play game now? Is there a PSN chat? Steam chat? Just ask in forum?

I found it easier to run into Roe in the lobby and just keep jumping back into the empty seat after dying horribly. Sheesh, I don't know what's scarier, his Relius or his Carl.

Honestly leaning towards the Relius.

RoeBear

I found it easier to run into Roe in the lobby and just keep jumping back into the empty seat after dying horribly. Sheesh, I don't know what's scarier, his Relius or his Carl.

Relius is way worse since I don't have to worry about the doll. Carl can get out of corners easier, but that doll...

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I don't have skyp and roe isn't in Florida (I assume all import player gather there)

Any one wasn't too play now? Pan is kiunch

Rhapsody

Banned

Definitely his Carl. I need to play it more since I'm clueless how I should go about punishing things or if I should just escape to neutral. That doll also ruins my approach where Rachel can lobelia and get in from full screen with sword iris.

The room at the bottom right of the US looked packed last time I was online like an hour ago.

As for my local region, well...
tumblr_mvz64gtoyV1qhhv13o1_500.jpg

Onemic

The room at the bottom right of the US looked packed last time I was online like an hour ago.

As for my local region, well...
tumblr_mvz64gtoyV1qhhv13o1_500.jpg

Pretty much only one region in NA tends to be populated in any given day. I'm pretty sure everyone from NA just goes to the most populated NA region at the time and find matches there. At least, that's what I do.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
GG to everyone I played today (all 2 of you).

Everyone are playing loli throwing shits around screens. One day I'll learn how to do a combo that does more than 3k damage.

hao chi

I feel like I shouldn't have watched the Team Spooky stream. I felt like my Litchi was improving a ton (still shitty though), and now I feel like I know nothing.

Seems like players have discovered a ton of new stuff for her since the game released on consoles, and most of the stuff I was working on getting down was from watching arcade vids.

...welp, getting throw counter'd by Nu's astral while doing the exact same thing that had hit her out of her astral last round is as good sign as any to just go to bed already.

GGs Roe I really need to keep practicing.

cj_iwakura

From the DL Tsubaki topic:
Blockstrings

I'm gonna divide this into 3 different parts to consider, but if you want an idea on basic blockstrings please look here.

Stage 1
This is the stage that most Tsubaki players will start off doing. It will be a textbook blockstring using 5BB > 2BB/6A > 5CC > 6BB. Now this will work against players who can't block, but against those who can block, you would be getting yourself nowhere, with no success in opening up your opponent. Understand that all the opponent needs to do is hold down + back, and they will successfully block common 6A patterns. You may even add an unblockable after the 6BB which is not very difficult to get out of, which is why it may not even work against honest players, since Tsubaki has very little options (special cancels) after 6B.

Stage 2
This is where you may incorporate charge cancels in your pressure. It's useful for pressure resets, and throwing your opponents offguard. You may also throw more at this stage, especially since Tsubaki has a very useful kara throw. The charge cancels will generally make your blockstrings shorter as well. This consists of using strings like, 5C > CC > Throw, 5B > 6A > 5C > Unblockable and using a lot of 5A > 5A > 5A. It's much more useful than the Stage 1 blockstrings because you're using a variety of options to try and open up your opponent, whereas with the above it's the same blockstring you're relying on. Incorporating charge cancels is also quite risky because it's liable to mashing.

Stage 3
This is where using the charge cancels can occasionally cost you your pressure momentum because the opponent is now comfortable with how to tackle Tsubaki. In addition to this, it's difficult to open up your opponent because they can react to 6A, they can tech throws and they IB 6B and poke you out of what you're going to do next. At this stage they will realise it is not very difficult to disrespect Tsubaki's pressure and they may mash more. This is why you will need to include blockstrings from all 3 stages. You may even fall upon the textbook blockstring because you don't want the opponent mashing. In addition to that, you will need to use TRMs (Throw reject Misses, e.g 5A > Dash 5A > Purple Throw), throw baits if you can use them, such as 5A > Dash > tk.214D and possibly even more unblockables than before, but be sure to distance yourself properly (don't use it when you're directly in your opponents face) so they can't mash out unless they dash but even in that instance you could even release it early and score a CH. Furthermore it would be preferable to use the unblockable after a normal which you have more options from, such as 5B(B), 5C and 6A! Using it after 6B for example is obvious.

Guess I better learn how to CC... never got into it.

cj_iwakura

It's all good. I got a round in!

If I get in the zone in a corner, I can do some pretty sick damage.

Still somewhat bitter about 22C going away, 22B doesn't have the same knock back.

5BB2BB5CC, 214B 22B is my standard. The 22B for keepaway if the combo doesn't go through(more often than not that's the case).

Yeah I tend to stick with that too. I've had a bit of luck mixing in a 2149C after the first 5BB if they are wise to it, seems to hit quite a bit.

Do you have any good setup for the command grab? Having charges to mix up with 235B or D tends to be the only time I win matches, but normally they are just too hard to build.

cj_iwakura

Yeah I tend to stick with that too. I've had a bit of luck mixing in a 2149C after the first 5BB if they are wise to it, seems to hit quite a bit.

Do you have any good setup for the command grab? Having charges to mix up with 235B or D tends to be the only time I win matches, but normally they are just too hard to build.

I've literally yet to pull off her command grab, ever. Though I often manage to pull off 3C into her 5AB throw and combo that into 236C and maybe some other stuff.

That is, if 3C lands. I usually always get the throw the moment they land.

I could think up some more uses for her fireball, but it's so dang slow. I dig her new DD a lot. (632146B) Great for pressure.

Top Bottom