• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

RoeBear

Managed to finally get and win 2 ranked matches against the same person earlier, but now I can't find anyone. Wonder if the system's just busted.

Edit: I get it to give me a list upon opening the game, but if I refresh it's all gone forever until I quit BB and enter again.

Seemed to be working for me tonight. Last week it didn't work at all. It's probably because most people aren't doing ranked right now and just doing arcade and player matches.

Rhapsody

Banned
The way I look at it is, if you played marvel you can handle kokonoe, it's kinda hard for her to get started honestly but once she does she can steam roll
Definitely makes sense, especially since that's why I always used Rachel. That Marvel-like screen control. lol

Kumubou

Managed to finally get and win 2 ranked matches against the same person earlier, but now I can't find anyone. Wonder if the system's just busted.

Edit: I get it to give me a list upon opening the game, but if I refresh it's all gone forever until I quit BB and enter again.
I thought it was a known thing that ranked matchmaking was pretty much broken -- and between that and players outside of Japan being rare as it is, you'll probably have a bad time of it.

Haven't played for a week. Just went into training mode and I still remember my combo's in addition to coming up with a sneaky one that I have yet to try out in a real match. Going to see if I can find some people to try it out on in an hour or so.

Melrochian

Neo Member
So guys, coming from a guy who played Persona 4 Arena for about a year on a normal level, will I feel like Blaz Blue is too hard?

Thinking of getting the game when it arrives in the West

Rhapsody

Banned
That and the fact rachel is pretty much magneto/storm
As an MSP player, this is all starting to make sense. lol
So guys, coming from a guy who played Persona 4 Arena for about a year on a normal level, will I feel like Blaz Blue is too hard?

Thinking of getting the game when it arrives in the West
There's a lot more to learn in BB (especially with the cast), but I wouldn't say you'll find it too hard.

The only problem is if you start playing players that have already imported it.
Just put in the time and you'll be fine though.

FluxWaveZ

I find P4A to be more different than I would have anticipated. Both games play differently, but if you've never touched BB before you'll have a harder time initially getting used to CP because of the much larger cast as well as some additional systems like barrier guarding and Overdrive.

Those additional systems, however, are rather simple.

Well I was about to type that next one would be the last one anyways.

GGs, sure is annoying to be on the receiving end of Mu's attacks for once lol

RoeBear

If anyone wants me to upload a match against me, or just one where I'm in the room, tell me. Takes me now 15 minutes to do everything so it's no problem.

Naite

Well looks like Bang is added to my growing list of potential subs. I finally took the time to get used to his newer inputs for his air normals and get his midscreen iad jC loops down, which I'm starting to nail most of the time. I just gotta learn some more optimal stuff and better setups for seals.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well looks like Bang is added to my growing list of potential subs. I finally took the time to get used to his newer inputs for his air normals and get his midscreen iad jC loops down, which I'm starting to nail most of the time. I just gotta learn some more optimal stuff and better setups for seals.
He seems like he has all the tools from the newer games while having all his old CT jump cancel funstuffs again. Makes me want to play him. Whole reason I dropped him was his mixup game went to shit and he became a mega derp character in CS

RoeBear

I don't think I'm going to be picking up GGXrd anymore.

For my own sake I think it's best I stop playing these games before I end up killing myself.

BB is about the only game I feel I can play.

Not sure if you remember but I raged hard after that P4A tournament. I felt totally helpless in that game, and I put tons of hours into it, pretty sure over 3k matches. GG I didn't put any time into, so I knew I sucked at it. I dropped UMvC3 and SF4 cause I couldn't stand them, and sucked at them.

Also, just so you know you were blocking incredibly well tonight. Didn't you work on that in training a lot this week? You've shown definite improvement (and block better than I do). Don't get discouraged. Just remember that everyone on here either imported BBCP cause they're really good, or really love the game and can't wait.

I'm getting GGxrd and I didn't really enjoy GGACXX++whatever. The visuals alone sold me on the game. I probably don't plan to learn that game outside of Ky projectile spamming.

Edit: Just so everyone that plays me knows, I can't even guard against my own Carl mixup...

Nyoro SF

Edit: Just so everyone that plays me knows, I can't even guard against my own Carl mixup...

Oh no worries, I think almost every player out there is vulnerable to their own character somehow lol

Fei mirrors in SF4 always embarass me because my own tricks get used against me and I never see them coming x_x

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't think I'm going to be picking up GGXrd anymore.

For my own sake I think it's best I stop playing these games before I end up killing myself.

Getting better can be difficult, especially on your own. With guidance it's easier, and I'm sure a lot of people here are willing to give you specific tips on what to change. My suggestion is to face 1 or 2 people here in a lobby. Too many people in one lobby means less practice, but I feel it makes people want to win with whatever means necessary instead of calming down and adapting at times. And with another person there, you get to watch how they deal with whatever problems you're having.

BTW, is it possible to send people replays? That would probably help in your case too to make it easy to give pointers.

Melrochian

Neo Member
There's a lot more to learn in BB (especially with the cast), but I wouldn't say you'll find it too hard.

The only problem is if you start playing players that have already imported it.
Just put in the time and you'll be fine though.

I find P4A to be more different than I would have anticipated. Both games play differently, but if you've never touched BB before you'll have a harder time initially getting used to CP because of the much larger cast as well as some additional systems like barrier guarding and Overdrive.

Those additional systems, however, are rather simple.

Thanks, well at least the game seems to be very fun and complex!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So will one's rank from an import version of CP transfer over to the NA version?

Doubtful. I own both the Japanese and American versions of P4 Arena. When I moved my account over to an American system, the rankings were reset.

haha it's best not to be too hard on yourself. Getting good at something takes time.

Yeah, and honestly it's frustrating, but hey if you have fun playing that's all that matters right?

...Well, at least I tell myself that. Being in the "better than beginners/people that don't know how to play but still bad enough to never really beat anyone actually good" position is frustrating as fuck.

Anyone wanna play?

I want to play again but I won't be available until in like 2 hours.

Yeah, and honestly it's frustrating, but hey if you have fun playing that's all that matters right?

...Well, at least I tell myself that. Being in the "better than beginners/people that don't know how to play but still bad enough to never really beat anyone actually good" position is frustrating as fuck.

It is.

I think the problem with Blazblue is the characters are so different and fun to play. Everytime it starts to get difficult or I hit the wall with somebody it is too tempting to switch and go through that "fun" period again.

Beats

This is me in every fighting game I play haha.

Fugu

That flying hitbox of Litchi is very annoying then >:[
Weeeeeeeeee
wSfZGU6.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Weeee indeed xD
lc251_07.png
lc252_07.png

I wonder when they will dig out the hitbox data for BBCP

Real talk, rachel has the stupidest air throw hitbox ever
rc320_02.png