• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I never manage to find anyone in ranked. Also haven't gone to the mostly occupied arcade lobby since I assume most people there would reside in Japan.
The arcades are region based, it's typically people who imported if they are in one of the american lobbies

sorry guys! Roommate is coming home so I'm heading out soon. I'll play sometime soon.

Nice Terumi, Roe. Wish I could have stayed around longer than one round.

cj_iwakura

Just fought a Kokonoe in the lobby. A bit scrubby, but she's interesting.

Where DOES she get all those wonderful toys...

And that scooter dash!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I tried my scrub tactics with Kokonoe and got a perfect online against an Azrael player. #dead

Really liking the way this character plays. A lot.

FluxWaveZ

Sorry I couldn't play more, RoeBear. Resetting your internet stopped the stuttering, but it reverted my connection to your lobby to a zero, which worried me, heh. Thankfully, that connection wasn't reflected in my match against you, but I was having some issues against Cyberman. Is he on NeoGAF? I'd like to play him again; it wasn't a ragequit or anything.

Also found out that I can't use a keyboard in the lobby for chatting since it reverts everything I type into Japanese, even if I've selected the English alphabet.

RoeBear

Sorry I couldn't play more, RoeBear. Resetting your internet stopped the stuttering, but it reverted my connection to your lobby to a zero, which worried me, heh. Thankfully, that connection wasn't reflected in my match against you, but I was having some issues against Cyberman. Is he on NeoGAF? I'd like to play him again; it wasn't a ragequit or anything.

Also found out that I can't use a keyboard in the lobby for chatting since it reverts everything I type into Japanese, even if I've selected the English alphabet.

Yeah he's a on GAF, but he hasn't been in this thread. He was in the P4A side of that tournament in Aug/Sept. He played Mitsuru so I'm surprised he didn't join the Litchi squad.

Edit:iirc memory is fuzzy, but he is Cyberman65 on GAF

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah he's a on GAF, but he hasn't been in this thread. He was in the P4A side of that tournament in Aug/Sept. He played Mitsuru so I'm surprised he didn't join the Litchi squad.

Edit:iirc memory is fuzzy, but he is Cyberman65 on GAF

I'm pretty sure he's a Kanji main. Unless he purposely counterpicked with Kanji since I've admitted being terrible at the matchup, haha.

I'd seriously rather face Mitsuru than Kanji...

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I just got the game, I can't combo A into B. Either I am getting rusty or old.... I am betting my money on human aging.

So what does A+B thing does? Is that the new guard crash?

FluxWaveZ

I'm pretty sure he's a Kanji main. Unless he purposely counterpicked with Kanji since I've admitted being terrible at the matchup, haha.

I'd seriously rather face Mitsuru than Kanji...

Hm, speaking of Persona... Anyone know how the Japanese arcade presence for CP is like? I heard from a single person that it's difficult to find people to play CP with in actual arcades after the release of the console version, especially with console only characters.

P4A2 should launch next month at the latest. Wonder how that will affect CP's popularity, if at all.

Ken

I just got the game, I can't combo A into B. Either I am getting rusty or old.... I am betting my money on human aging.

So what does A+B thing does? Is that the new guard crash?

Crush Triggers cost 25 Heat and are performed by pressing 5+A+B while standing. If the opponent does not use Barrier to block the attack, then they will be Guard Crushed! Crush Triggers qualify as Special Attacks, which adds to their utility as a mixup tool because players can cancel into a Crush Trigger from most normal attacks.

cj_iwakura

Take a look at the idle screen on the background of the XMB when BB CP is highlighted.

It's a quotation from the Book of Genesis.

FluxWaveZ

Maaaaan, it's hard to unlearn my Extend habits with Mu =.=

What are some general tips and BnBs for her?

Uh, 6B > 6C > 214B > j.D > dash cancel > j.C > j.2C > 2B > 2C > j.C > j.2C...?

I dunno if that's even right, but it's something. A bunch of her new combos use 6C > 214B.

Also feel that Stein placement is more important now because of how fast the laser goes after 236D.

Well, something with an easier to land starter I mean, I already have that one kinda down.

And yeah, Steins are important to relearn, their new positions are confusing me =.=

Stuart444

How the hell do you do Kokonoes Astral? Seriously, tried it lots and now my hand is hurting. I do it right based on the button presses in Training mode but she just jumps a lot.

So the tourney yesterday was really fun. I think the next time I go, it'll be for casuals, mainly because it's hosted during Thursdays and I work on Fridays. WAY too many Rachels. The good news is that I know most of the combos that everyone is doing -- I just don't have the execution. I don't think it's just me though, a lot of other players are dropping them, albeit a lot less than I do so they actually attempt them during the match. I also need to stop running into DPs, which was my main problem.

Definitely got the jitters. Ended up losing first round, then won in first losers, and ended up losing in second losers. All in all, still had good casuals before the tourney and everyone seemed to be having fun.

Also, I have no idea what I'm doing against Azrael. All of his attacks look the same to me right now and some of them are going high and some are going low. I just see dash hit, dash hit, rocks, dash to other side........... lose.

Fugu

So the tourney yesterday was really fun. I think the next time I go, it'll be for casuals, mainly because it's hosted during Thursdays and I work on Fridays. WAY too many Rachels. The good news is that I know most of the combos that everyone is doing -- I just don't have the execution. I don't think it's just me though, a lot of other players are dropping them, albeit a lot less than I do so they actually attempt them during the match. I also need to stop running into DPs, which was my main problem.

Definitely got the jitters. Ended up losing first round, then won in first losers, and ended up losing in second losers. All in all, still had good casuals before the tourney and everyone seemed to be having fun.

Also, I have no idea what I'm doing against Azrael. All of his attacks look the same to me right now and some of them are going high and some are going low. I just see dash hit, dash hit, rocks, dash to other side........... lose.
Tournaments used to destroy my execution. I didn't realize how much worse I played in tournaments until I started watching myself. My success in tournaments increased hugely after I learned that. It's crazy.

My execution/precision goes down when the adrenaline starts pumping since my hands start moving even when I try to keep them still.

Luckily that doesn't really happen anymore.

Uncle AJ

So after days on end of combo execution practice with Hazama, I'm just now realizing I have no effective ways to start my offense, lol. Controlling where you move with the chains is a whole other type of execution that isn't immediately apparent when you first start playing the character.

Tournaments used to destroy my execution. I didn't realize how much worse I played in tournaments until I started watching myself. My success in tournaments increased hugely after I learned that. It's crazy.

My execution/precision goes down when the adrenaline starts pumping since my hands start moving even when I try to keep them still.

Luckily that doesn't really happen anymore.

I think this is all true. I keep thinking through some of the matches and a lot of them were really close and I can't help but feel that my execution is what kept me from winning (dropped a lot of combos). Part of it is not knowing how I started the combo so some got dropped due to proration and part of it is the jitters. Of course, there's the other part that I ran into DPs (why, hello, Hazama... please DD and DP anytime you'd like). I realized that Rachel is a monster in the corner though. Once I get them in the corner, it's at least 5-6k off their life due to resets.

Good god, I swear tournaments sometimes make me forget what the concept of execution even is, SPECIALLY if it's being recorded. What's that? I wanted to do a half circle to do a special and follow up the combo? NOPE, gotta move the stick a little higher up than I should've and get a jump cancel into dropped combo instead =.= Not to mention just simply making stupid decisions you inmediately regret the moment you finish the input.

Exhibit A
Exhibit B

Fugu

Just play in lots of tournaments. It was like tournament number twenty for me by the time I was finishing in the top three of anything.

I have less tournament experience with BB so I still get some nerves when I play it. Melee? I could be stone drunk and doing whatever the fuck.

Rhapsody

Banned
Prototype, whenever you're up for BB this weekend, let me know. I need to beat all those other Rachels if I ever go to TRB.
So after days on end of combo execution practice with Hazama, I'm just now realizing I have no effective ways to start my offense, lol. Controlling where you move with the chains is a whole other type of execution that isn't immediately apparent when you first start playing the character.
Yeah, just get used to Drive movements. Don't go single D~D or D~C. Mix it up a bit, or even just harass them with D then A until you're ready to go in.

D~B is very helpful on varying your timings so you don't become predictable on your approaches. It's not uncommon to go for 2 drives on an approach.

Just play in lots of tournaments. It was like tournament number twenty for me by the time I was finishing in the top three of anything.

...That was my third "major" and not counting all the smaller tournaments the local fgc scene does here. Although to be fair there's barely any Blazblue events here, in Marvel I don't choke anywhere nearly as bad anymore unless somehow I'm winning.

T.O.P

Banned
K done will all the challenges except for Litchi's...still can't stand her lol

I'm down to

Main) Nu13 - Hakumen - Bullet
Runner up) Ragna - Jin - Noel

I'm so fuckin happy on what they did about Lambda/Nu, such an awesome playstile now

FluxWaveZ

I am going to stay in ranked until I find someone to play with for once. I have a feeling this is going to take hours.

Edit: 30 minutes now...

Edit 2: Quit about 57 minutes in. Ugh, literally deserted.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yeah, ranked is weird. I played a single match last night. Tons of people available in the list. Then after that match....nobody.

Top Bottom