• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";89106556]Don't you live in north bay? I'm in sf.[/QUOTE]
I never said I lived there lol. I'm in Merced that's like 1 1/2 hours away

Rhapsody

Banned
5BB2BB5CC, 214B 22B is my standard. The 22B for keepaway if the combo doesn't go through(more often than not that's the case).
You're not going to open anyone up with that blockstring. You'll have to mix it up and use 6A at times, and you also never want to just go into 214B 22B all the time as a blockstring ender since that resets things to neutral. It's smart to end blockstrings with 2B or 6B and then run and 2A (6B gives advantage on block). Also good to tap 5D after maybe 5B and then run and pressure again. Basically you want to mix highs and lows and stagger to get a counter hit.
I've literally yet to pull off her command grab, ever. Though I often manage to pull off 3C into her 5AB throw and combo that into 236C and maybe some other stuff.

That is, if 3C lands. I usually always get the throw the moment they land.

I could think up some more uses for her fireball, but it's so dang slow. I dig her new DD a lot. (632146B) Great for pressure.
Fireball has its uses. Use it full screen and then kind of use it as an approach or even as a rare oki in some cases.. It's best use is D fireball with 236D though. If it hits, you get a good combo, if they block it's +6, so easy get in allowing you to safely start pressure.

Fugu

5BB2BB5CC, 214B 22B is my standard. The 22B for keepaway if the combo doesn't go through(more often than not that's the case).
The thing about this is that there aren't really any points of mixup: Anyone who blocks this once will likely block it every time. It can also be blocked low, which is weak because most decent players, by default, block low.

You need to
a) incorporate your overhead
b) incorporate jabs
c) incorporate grabs (really ties in with b)

Then, find out what your points of mixup are (IE where you have the option to use a high/low or grab/low or whatever) and learn how to move them around your blockstring.

In terms of opening people up, the Japanese community has demonstrated pretty clearly that 2A/5A pressure is far more effective than any other blockstring you can cook up (for most characters, anyway). You should really take that into consideration with pressuring people.

cj_iwakura

The thing about this is that there aren't really any points of mixup: Anyone who blocks this once will likely block it every time. It can also be blocked low, which is weak because most decent players, by default, block low.

You need to
a) incorporate your overhead
b) incorporate jabs
c) incorporate grabs (really ties in with b)

Then, find out what your points of mixup are (IE where you have the option to use a high/low or grab/low or whatever) and learn how to move them around your blockstring.

In terms of opening people up, the Japanese community has demonstrated pretty clearly that 2A/5A pressure is far more effective than any other blockstring you can cook up (for most characters, anyway). You should really take that into consideration with pressuring people.

How can you manage C at distance? It doesn't seem to fit well with her blockstring tactics.

I need to make better use of her overheads for sure. I don't even think I know what it is.

Fugu

People get grabs a lot by staggering inputs and using short dashes to get in close. 2/5A *X Grab is a rather strong option.

Rhapsody

Banned
How can you manage C at distance? It doesn't seem to fit well with her blockstring tactics.

I need to make better use of her overheads for sure. I don't even think I know what it is.

You don't use Tsubaki's C at a distance. And like Fugu said, you just need to mix things up. Fighters are about conditioning the opponent to do something. If they like mashing 2A, stagger and delay your gatlings. If they finally get scared and don't want to push something, use your overheads or throws. On defense, a lot of players have problems covering 2 different options so just learn to find out what they're free to.

But this is the west. Expect people to mash 2A or rarely block overheads all day, while their solution to the problem is to now mash DP instead.
But luckily this game doesn't have anything like 2 button DPs...

cj_iwakura

You don't use Tsubaki's C at a distance. And like Fugu said, you just need to mix things up. Fighters are about conditioning the opponent to do something. If they like mashing 2A, stagger and delay your gatlings. If they finally get scared and don't want to push something, use your overheads or throws. On defense, a lot of players have problems covering 2 different options so just learn to find out what they're free to.

Well, C meaning her throws. I'm not sure how to mix those into a combo or block string. I usually use them when they're vulnerable, like on the way down from 3C.

And if I'm not mistaken her 22D isn't unblockable anymore... Tsubaki, perpetual red-headed stepchild of ArcSys.

Rhapsody

Banned
Well, C meaning her throws. I'm not sure how to mix those into a combo or block string. I usually use them when they're vulnerable, like on the way down from 3C.

And if I'm not mistaken her 22D isn't unblockable anymore... Tsubaki, perpetual red-headed stepchild of ArcSys.

Oh, I see, my mistake. There are a variety of ways to go for throws, and it just takes time to get used to finding the best spots. One way is just mix in a throw when you know they won't press a button and are turtling. A lot of people do mash, which is why you need to sneak them in after some stuff like 2A pressure. This causes some players to mash grab to throw tech instead of anticipating the exclamation point. This is helpful and can lead to you 2Aing them out of grab startup or throwing them and causing them to get a throw reject miss because they were mashing grab while blocking earlier. If they ever start learning and begin concentrating on turtling and anticipating a throw, now you can go for overheads again.

If you ever land an anti aired 3C, you should try to do her instant air dash combo instead of going for the grab.
It's a bit difficult at first, but it's worth it for the damage and corner carry.

Edit: Since I didn't really answer your at a distance part, you just really need to get in that range to make things happen. Tsubaki at that Ragna 5B range can't really do much. She isn't like CS2 Tsubaki, so you just need to find safe ways to get in on an opponent. Dashing in when an opponent whiffs something, doing 236D after fireball, etc.

I've literally yet to pull off her command grab, ever. Though I often manage to pull off 3C into her 5AB throw and combo that into 236C and maybe some other stuff.

That is, if 3C lands. I usually always get the throw the moment they land.

I could think up some more uses for her fireball, but it's so dang slow. I dig her new DD a lot. (632146B) Great for pressure.

Good that it isn't just me.

I like 632146B to give me some space and can normally build two charges after it (or 1 + bait). The fireball is terrible. At first I thought it would be a great tool, but every single move in the game seems to blow straight through it.

cj_iwakura

Good that it isn't just me.

I like 632146B to give me some space and can normally build two charges after it (or 1 + bait). The fireball is terrible. At first I thought it would be a great tool, but every single move in the game seems to blow straight through it.

Story of Book Car's life. EVERYTHING stops it. Well, almost. I stopped some of Azrael's moves with it.

3Kaze

Wow, just got destroyed against a Kokonoe player. She does big damage with a lot of oki setups and that fire ball thing + teleport is annoying as hell. Arcsys pls.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wow, just got destroyed against a Kokonoe player. She does big damage with a lot of oki setups and that fire ball thing + teleport is annoying as hell. Arcsys pls.

I can totally see advanced players absolutely dominating with her- her gravity stuff is just too good. I pissed off a Bullet player pretty badly with her earlier tonight- was able to control the entire flow of the match by effectively pushing/pulling her all over the place and stopping advances with well-timed fireballs. He came back and beat me the next match, but you could smell the salt from a mile away, especially with the hate-speak that followed. My scrubby ass getting hate mail already means I've found the right character to use. XD

cj_iwakura

So not ALL the remixed music is inferior... but most of it is.

So far:

Condemnation Wings: II >>> I
Rebellion: I >>> II
Childish Killer / Cross Line: I (II is horrible)
Puppet Master I >>> II
[Carl's theme] II >>> I
Endless Despair: TIE, both are pretty great.
Queen of Rose: II >>> I
[Bang's theme]: I, II is horrible
[Hakumen's theme]: II wins, love the new instrumentation
[Mu-12]: II wins, great vocals

The ones where it got enhanced are usually good. When it totally redid the song and made it lose energy(see: Rebellion), it often sucks.

Rhapsody

Banned

You should see how crazy my friend's Kokonoe is. It's nuts, lol.
Emergency teching is not your friend in that matchup or else you'll get 4 way mixups and unblockable setups.

Anyways, fun punish with Ragna on a cornered Kokonoe doing reversal flame super if you have 50 heat.
During super flash, buffer Carnage Scissors and land a CH. Hold D to cancel the follow up. Just before the fire comes back down, do C ID into Upper and Straight. Then 3C into 22C. If you want to spend another 50 heat and Burst, do an OD cancel or just do D ID.

3k or so without, 5k or so with.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, Roebear. Sorry about that. Family had to do a skype call thing just then, and I didn't know how long it'd take.

I'd like to get more practice against you though. You do a good job on avoiding the ground game where I could lock you down. And full screen lobelia sword iris doesn't work too well because of Nirvana. Lately I've been trying to calm down on defense instead of guessing where to block the next mixup, so getting more practice on Carl really helps. One of my struggling matchups.

RoeBear

GGs, Roebear. Sorry about that. Family had to do a skype call thing just then, and I didn't know how long it'd take.

I'd like to get more practice against you though. You do a good job on avoiding the ground game where I could lock you down. And full screen lobelia sword iris doesn't work too well because of Nirvana. Lately I've been trying to calm down on defense instead of guessing where to block the next mixup, so getting more practice on Carl really helps. One of my struggling matchups.

Yeah I'm trying to learn to sometimes block high on Rachel. Fought a Tao online and got blown up since it's impossible to lock her down and she can duck under everything. plus every normal it seems she has beats Carl.
Anyone wants to help me train my Bullet?

Invite sent Edit: nvm seems almost everyone's dodging my invites today.

Edit edit: was waiting 15 min gave up then you messaged Solarknight.

Wunderdoo

Neo Member
So I guess there's a limit to saved replays; I always keep my first match to go back to for nostalgic purposes after a game has been out for a while, and now it's gone. D:

Many tears.

RoeBear

Good games tonight Solarknight. Your Bullet is definitely way better than the other night. It looks like you know what your doing, but that neutral still looks tough. It doesn't help that Carl can shut down your space so well.

GGs, and yeah, that's why I keep starting with OD. REALLY need that Heat Up =.=

Sure helped to read the Dustloop wiki. Still, I did get pretty salty the couple of times I dropped a combo that would've gotten the kill ngl hahaha

So I guess there's a limit to saved replays; I always keep my first match to go back to for nostalgic purposes after a game has been out for a while, and now it's gone. D:

Many tears.

Seeing how they save automatically, I'm guessing that if you want one permanently saved you should mark it as a favorite.

Rhapsody

Banned
Man, why do I have selective reactionary skills online. I can react to startups of fast moves but I can't even consistently AA characters airdashing in.

So frustrating.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Man, why do I have selective reactionary skills online. I can react to startups of fast moves but I can't even consistently AA characters airdashing in.

So frustrating.
Maybe you are trying to react to them attacking and getting thrown off by the fact their hitbox is flying towards you :p

Edit: I play amane just to land that combo :D shits so awesome looking

Rhapsody

Banned
Maybe you are trying to react to them attacking and getting thrown off by the fact their hitbox is flying towards you :p

Edit: I play amane just to land that combo :D shits so awesome looking

That flying hitbox of Litchi is very annoying then >:[

Edit: I dunno about everyone else, but after facing lots of good Kokonoes, I still wouldn't cry that she's broken or anything.
Definitely one of the stronger ones for sure though. Also helps that Rachel actually does rather well against her lol

22B is a pain when using Ragna though. You basically need to stay just outside 3C range but not too far where she can have time to set stuff up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That flying hitbox of Litchi is very annoying then >:[

Edit: I dunno about everyone else, but after facing lots of good Kokonoes, I still wouldn't cry that she's broken or anything.
Definitely one of the stronger ones for sure though. Also helps that Rachel actually does rather well against her lol
The way I look at it is, if you played marvel you can handle kokonoe, it's kinda hard for her to get started honestly but once she does she can steam roll

Despite how badly I'm getting mutilated here, I have to note that you burst way too early in a match.
:p I know. I'm doing it on purpose to keep momentum in my favor. I'll use it for the other reason now ;)

FluxWaveZ

Managed to finally get and win 2 ranked matches against the same person earlier, but now I can't find anyone. Wonder if the system's just busted.

Edit: I get it to give me a list upon opening the game, but if I refresh it's all gone forever until I quit BB and enter again.

Korigama

[Mu-12]: II wins, great vocals
This is what I've seen a lot of people say, but I honestly don't get it (I thought the vocals in the new version were terrible, nevermind not liking the new sound of the arrangement, regardless of how much sense it makes for it to be an upbeat track now rather than a foreboding one).

Gluttony Fang aside, I can't think of a single remix I liked better than the originals, typically hating most of them. Endless Despair II is passable, I suppose, as is Susano-o II.

I can't agree with hating most remixes myself and personally I love what they did with Catus Festival and Mu's theme.

Despite how badly I'm getting mutilated here, I have to note that you burst way too early in a match.

Well, keeping momentum and the possibility of a second burst/OD in the same round is a legit thing to consider so it's not necessarily a bad thing to do.

Top Bottom