• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ha, it's hilarious how Rachel can just fly away when time is nearing its end.
Nah she can't vs amane I fucked up my uppercut input.

Edit: Welp. Done using amane vs ultra laggy mu matches lol. I'll just use mu again for the second time ever in this version lol

Get better internets :p

OceanBlue

So was there an arcade patch that switched the announcer voice to Azrael's, or is it just coincidentally all of the videos I've seen?

(I still haven't gotten my copy of the game yet ;_;.)

FluxWaveZ

Edit: Welp. Done using amane vs ultra laggy mu matches lol. I'll just use mu again for the second time ever in this version lol

Get better internets :p

My internet's fine since I usually don't lag against many people, but I do notice the lag in matches against you. It's probably the distance.

Edit: Whoa, there was a d/c or something at the end of that match. Well, I was gonna stop playing soon anyways, so GGs.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My internet's fine since I usually don't lag against many people, but I do notice the lag in matches against you. It's probably the distance.

Edit: Whoa, there was a d/c or something at the end of that match. Well, I was gonna stop playing soon anyways, so GGs.
Proto left

I overreacted for sure. My mistake was continuing to play when I should have quit while I was ahead to do research because I have a lot of gaping holes in my knowledge of combo's, how to approach certain situations and how to deal with certain things that I wasn't getting by just banging my head against the wall. Naturally when you have a flammable mental state like me it's easy to become extremely negative. Especially when you do the same thing over and over again expecting different results which does not work.

Next time I'll bow out earlier to find out what isn't working and what I need to do to fix it.

Fugu

Ignoring range, I dunno what gives me more salt. Trying to AA Litchi's j2D, clashing, and getting hit by the second part. Or expecting a wakeup DP and getting 6D'ed and losing all momentum lol
j.2D got nerfed pretty hard in CP (which is strange because it wasn't all that good to begin with...) and it's now impossible to follow up without meter or a CH, so you're better off just blocking it if you've given yourself enough time to AA it.

Edit: 6D? 6D is pretty slow and also not comboable without meter/CH. If you bait it, things are in your favor (even if you just end up blocking it).

Rhapsody

Banned
j.2D got nerfed pretty hard in CP (which is strange because it wasn't all that good to begin with...) and it's now impossible to follow up without meter or a CH, so you're better off just blocking it if you've given yourself enough time to AA it.

Oh, I thought the 2nd hit after she lands could lead into a combo? It's usually that one that catches me off guard.
Guess I didn't realize it was off of CH then after my failed AA online.

Edit: I'm pretty sure 6D is plus on block though, even off of IB.

And yeah, I do realize these are gimmicks and not necessarily the main tools of Litchi.

Fugu

Oh, I thought the 2nd hit after she lands could lead into a combo? It's usually that one that catches me off guard.
Guess I didn't realize it was off of CH then after my failed AA online.

Edit: I'm pretty sure 6D is plus on block though, even off of IB.

And yeah, I do realize these are gimmicks and not necessarily the main tools of Litchi.
6D is safe on block but has no gatlings.

j.2D's first hit hasn't been comboable since CS1 and the second hit is only comboable with CH/RC in CP. It's also worth noting that the second hit only hits if you cross up and when it whiffs the move is quite unsafe.

Rhapsody

Banned
6D is safe on block but has no gatlings.

j.2D's first hit hasn't been comboable since CS1 and the second hit is only comboable with CH/RC in CP. It's also worth noting that the second hit only hits if you cross up and when it whiffs the move is quite unsafe.

Thanks, I'll keep that all in mind then. I have a friend locally that plays Litchi, so I'm slowly getting used to the matchup.
Besides that, I think Tao and Valk are the two next characters I need to find experience against in terms of strong characters.

Learning Tao on the side though, so that kind of helps.

Fugu

Ggs Q and Proto.

I think my approach to the Amane matchup is terrible. There's no reason for me to wake up blocking the drill on the stagger tech, nor is there any reason for me to whiff so many Itsuus. His jump trajectory is just straight up odd, though, and it's going to take some work.

Oh well, though. Ryuuisou is free damage in this matchup.

ApolloJoh

j.2D got nerfed pretty hard in CP (which is strange because it wasn't all that good to begin with...) and it's now impossible to follow up without meter or a CH...

You can combo it on a normal hit if the opponent's on the ground without any meter.

I remember it was like how you're saying back in CS1/2.

Fugu

What? I have tried like a dozen times. Could not do it even with 5A last night.

Man. I need to go into training mode.

What can Bullet even do against Amane? At least vs Nu I get options to ignore the projectiles, but since Amane's attacks are physical I don't get such luxury and so far I pretty much have to go YOLO Overdrive at the begininning of the round to stand a chance :|

Shito

I'm so sad that I don't have time to play that game for the moment (a combination of both a lot of work and being in the process of moving in with my girlfriend), and that I couldn't even play with all you guys anyways because I'm one of those filthy yuropeans.

Only played something like 20 matches so far, but I feel like I already fell in love with Bullet, even though I'm still so bad at this game; it shows I didn't care for it for years -- it'll be hard and long to catch up with the competition.
SolarKnight, don't hesitate to post your Bullet discoveries, even if I don't have the time to answer it be sure that I'll always be happy to read them! :)

What? I have tried like a dozen times. Could not do it even with 5A last night.

Man. I need to go into training mode.

I do too. I just hate training mode so much. My midscreen game needs a lot of work.

Anyway, sorry I kinda just left yesterday -- had to go out with a buddy of mine.

Rhapsody

Banned
I do too. I just hate training mode so much. My midscreen game needs a lot of work.

Anyway, sorry I kinda just left yesterday -- had to go out with a buddy of mine.

I love training mode. Sometimes I just sit there and see how I shut down approaches with the right wind and lobelia for parts of a screen.

This weekend, going to do more labbing on matchups like against Kokonoe. No more issues on dealing with reversal Fire super now, getting a proper punish, sames goes for escaping unblockables. Gonna test to see if I have a way outside of her 236C RC unblockable setup. I want to test my theory on how Rachel might be able to escape it.

Might go to TRB this next week instead of this week. Goal is top 8 this time. Almost made it for Persona, but played like an idiot.
I just wish I had time to practice on weekdays.

I love training mode. Sometimes I just sit there and see how I shut down approaches with the right wind and lobelia for parts of a screen.

This weekend, going to do more labbing on matchups like against Kokonoe. No more issues on dealing with reversal Fire super now, getting a proper punish, sames goes for escaping unblockables. Gonna test to see if I have a way outside of her 236C RC unblockable setup. I want to test my theory on how Rachel might be able to escape it.

Might go to TRB this next week instead of this week. Goal is top 8 this time. Almost made it for Persona, but played like an idiot.
I just wish I had time to practice on weekdays.

I'm probably not going this week but I'll play you online. The mini dashes are a pain and are even worse online.

Fugu

I like training mode well enough but I've been playing so much Melee and Quake lately; I simply do not have it in me to get gud at three games at once. An unsurprisingly large percentage of esports skillsets are non-transferable.

Nyoro SF

So at my local event yesterday someone brought a copy of BBCP and I got a chance to practice and play the game. My very quick impressions:

Jin is pretty ridiculous, frame advantage and frame neutral/jump cancel tricks all over the place. It's weird seeing that st.B -> Throw is a viable mixup option, lol

Also from the little I played Kagura, he seems pretty bad. That's just a flash judgment. His normals just don't seem to benefit any part of his gameplan from mid range, his sword doesn't follow anime physics so it actually weighs him down and he walks like a truck. I had tremendous trouble just keeping people from running right up to my face and pressing buttons.

Terumi looked weak as well, but that's only from what I saw of another person who was playing him.

OceanBlue

The game finally came in lol. I'm out for most of the day unfortunately but I'll post my PSN when I get home. Looking forward to getting beat up, I guess. How's EC to WC connection? Seems like most of you are on the WC.

Fugu

The game finally came in lol. I'm out for most of the day unfortunately but I'll post my PSN when I get home. Looking forward to getting beat up, I guess. How's EC to WC connection? Seems like most of you are on the WC.
I live in Ontario and my ping is playable with everyone except, like, California.

OceanBlue

Okay, my PSN is HarukaIsMyWaifu. I've played BBCS before, but when I played I had no idea how to play fighting games (I still don't really know how to play fighting games lol), so I'm awful. I want to main Jin and play Nu on the side. Hopefully I can catch games with you guys.

Just booted up the game and was prompted to download patch 1.02. Not sure if this is new to anyone though.
I'm downloading the patch as well.

I live in Ontario and my ping is playable with everyone except, like, California.

I'm in Florida if it helps.
Awesome, sounds like the netcode is pretty good then. I'm in Florida too! :D

RoeBear

So how did they think making Kokonoe was ok. It's like Tager without need to hit you with the drive combined with Ragna and Naoto from P4A.

Rhapsody

Banned
So how did they think making Kokonoe was ok. It's like Tager without need to hit you with the drive combined with Ragna and Naoto from P4A.

While she's strong, I don't think she's any stronger than the current top 4. But that's just my opinion right now.
Other than dumb unblockable resets being inescapable for some of the cast, she's just an easy mode good character.

She's probably one of my most played matchups right now so that might be why I think that.

RoeBear

While she's strong, I don't think she's any stronger than the current top 4. But that's just my opinion right now.
Other than dumb unblockable resets being inescapable for some of the cast, she's just an easy mode good character.

She's probably one of my most played matchups right now so that might be why I think that.

I've barely played her but with that teleport and her drive refiling so fast she's just plain annoying.

What is Azrael's deal? After beating Tager...

"Don't worry. Kokonoe's next."

I'll avoid spoilers but the basic premise is after Azrael committed a "certain crime", he was imprisoned by Kokonoe. Now several years later, he's been released by "someone" so he can capture the BlazBlue from Ragna. He wants to find Ragna because he wants a good fight but he also wants to get revenge on Kokonoe and Tager for his imprisonment.

Fugu

Our matches seemed pretty good the other day
To me, it's borderline. It chugs at an unacceptable rate a lot of the time and it's enough for me to consistently miss the reversal window, which is something that doesn't happen to me often online (since it's gigantic).

In addition, my ping to Proto is worse.

Tried Izayoi for a while in training mode. I find some of the timing required for her combo's to be too strict.

How is combo difficulty in Guilty Gear? It seems that combo's in general are shorter there than in Blazblue.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Tried Izayoi for a while in training mode. I find some of the timing required for her combo's to be too strict.

How is combo difficulty in Guilty Gear? It seems that combo's in general are shorter there than in Blazblue.
GG is braindead in comparison with the exception of a few combos and some frc stuff.

GG is very very very overrated in difficulty

Top Bottom