• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Rhapsody

Banned
Depends on how GG is looking, but probably (unless they region lock). If they add BB's online systems I'm all over it.

This is probably the thing that'll determine how long I'll even play P4A2 competitively too. Even if P4A2 turns out really good, I'm going to jump on Xrd when that gets released. Hopefully both games are released far apart since I have no idea on Atlus's plans for their release schedule.

Honestly, P4U2 is just fucked competitively outside of Japan. With Chronophantasma now actually out and Xrd coming, how many are actually going to stay with P4? If Xrd manages to get a console version before EVO 2015 P4's chances of being there might as well be 0 unless for some miracle they decide to accept two anime games in the line up, and even then who's to say the community wouldn't pick CP instead? Maybe I'm assuming too much thinking all Arc communities are like the one I have here, but only for few P4 wasn't just something they didn't give a fuck about and at most only played it to pass the time until the next BB was out.

FluxWaveZ

Honestly, P4U2 is just fucked competitively outside of Japan. With Chronophantasma now actually out and Xrd coming, how many are actually going to stay with P4? If Xrd manages to get a console version before EVO 2015 P4's chances of being there might as well be 0 unless for some miracle they decide to accept two anime games in the line up, and even then who's to say the community wouldn't pick CP instead? Maybe I'm assuming too much thinking all Arc communities are like the one I have here, but only for few P4 wasn't just something they didn't give a fuck about and at most only played it to pass the time until the next BB was out.

Wait, is BB more popular than P4A outside of Japan? Given P4A's presence and viewership at EVO and its constant presence in other tournaments such as UFGT as opposed to BB, I thought P4A was more popular in the competitive scene.

That was only because of Extend I'm sure. I'm not kidding when I say almost nobody here gives a fuck about P4. Last major we had here, we only had 8 people in the P4 tournament. And of those 8 only other 2 or 3 people beside myself weren't there "just because" or to fill space just so the thing wouldn't get cancelled. Sure BB's numbers were somewhat disappointing too, but they still vastly outnumbered P4.

Hell, the level here is so bad that there was only one person in the entire tournament I'd consider better than me. If you'd played me that should give you an idea.

Rhapsody

Banned
I bet P4A2 is July or August. Since Xrd's arcade release is some time in 2014, who knows if it'll even see a console release before 2015.
So far ASW has Xrd for a Spring release in arcades. PS3/PS4 version is slated for the second half of 2014.
If P4A2 is released in July, I'd be fine with that.
I agree. With the timing of everything, P4U2 has it rough. Too close/after Evo, and it'll be an air dash fighter that'll get little attention from Evo (and some majors) after Xrd comes out. I'll still have some fun with it at least. The latest vids caught my interest at least.

Edit: BB it depends. It's had bad luck on releases, but BBCP finally has a release date that doesn't screw things over, and there's no BBCP2 yet to make current players lose motivation. Plus people were sick of the CS games going on for so long, and BBCP feels a lot more fresh.

FluxWaveZ

That was only because of Extend I'm sure. I'm not kidding when I say almost nobody here gives a fuck about P4. Last major we had here, we only had 8 people in the P4 tournament. And of those 8 only other 2 or 3 people beside myself weren't there "just because" or to fill space just so the thing wouldn't get cancelled. Sure BB's numbers were somewhat disappointing too, but they still vastly outnumbered P4.

Hell, the level here is so bad that there was only one person in the entire tournament I'd consider better than me. If you'd played me that should give you an idea.

That's fine... but I think you're reading a bit too much into anecdotal evidence.

Wait, is BB more popular than P4A outside of Japan? Given P4A's presence and viewership at EVO and its constant presence in other tournaments such as UFGT as opposed to BB, I thought P4A was more popular in the competitive scene.

I always thought P4A was the game people actually played while they talked about how good GG and BB are.

But the new GG looks quite different and a lot more accessible...so hard to say how that will all play out. I just don't think P4A2 will be different or new enough to build or even maintain the competitive community.

Either way none of them are on Xbox so there is no chance of them being at EVO.
Kappa...or is it?

FluxWaveZ

I agree. With the timing of everything, P4U2 has it rough. Too close/after Evo, and it'll be an air dash fighter that'll get little attention from Evo (and some majors) after Xrd comes out. I'll still have some fun with it at least. The latest vids caught my interest at least.

Edit: BB it depends. It's had bad luck on releases, but BBCP finally has a release date that doesn't screw things over, and there's no BBCP2 yet to make current players lose motivation. Plus people were sick of the CS games going on for so long, and BBCP feels a lot more fresh.

Yeah, Xrd might make it tough for P4A2 to be at EVO 2015 and CP has a good chance of being at EVO 2014.

All I know is that when Mr. Wizard asked what they'd rather see at EVO 2014 (CP, GG+R, P4A2), GG+R and P4A2 far outweighed any demand for BB.

I would import P4:A2 but next year's going to be a funny situation. BB, GG, and P4:A2 in the same year. I wonder if this will lead to sales for BB getting cannibalized by GG/P4:A2.

vocab

Does anyone have a gameshare i can buy for a friend? Pm me if you have a spot open. If you have terumi+kokonoe that would be great too.

cj_iwakura

As much as I dislike J-Kokonoe's bored voice, the way she says Super Ball is hilarious. I can't believe people bought her CS announcer.

I was about to ask if you guys were still playing, but I guess I should change that to if any of you guys still wants to play more or if anyone else wants some rounds :T

FluxWaveZ

I suppose so. Haven't played this game in a while, but thankfully it seems whatever abilities I had didn't worsen over time. I feel that I'd rather learn Terumi or Carl, but Mu's who I'm best with at the moment.

If you want Carl tips Roe is definitely the one to ask here.

If anyone wants to play for half an hour more I'll still be online for about that much time.

RoeBear

Most satisfying thing for me right now is landing a counterhit J.B with Mak. All the hitstun in the world right there

Dang didn't know that was such a good move. My most satisfying thing to do is land a ground dash 6b during a combo. It just looks so stylish.

Nyoro SF

Got mah PS3... now just to wait for my copy to arrive.

Then I'll spend 100 hours in training mode to reach mid level

Fugu

The dirty secret of the anime fighting games scene is that they're all fucked competitively outside of Japan. We were okay at Guilty Gear once but now we've lapsed and are no longer competitive anywhere within the sub-genre. It really doesn't help that Dustloop is a self-destructive ball of cynicism that seems to be doing everything it possibly can to prevent the anime scene from ever improving.

We can't endure the dilapidated community, the low playerbase, and the consistent mismanagement by ASW. It's as simple as that.

Kumubou

The dirty secret of the anime fighting games scene is that they're all fucked competitively outside of Japan. We were okay at Guilty Gear once but now we've lapsed and are no longer competitive anywhere within the sub-genre. It really doesn't help that Dustloop is a self-destructive ball of cynicism that seems to be doing everything it possibly can to prevent the anime scene from ever improving.

We can't endure the dilapidated community, the low playerbase, and the consistent mismanagement by ASW. It's as simple as that.
Back in my day, anime fighters weren't delayed by 4-6 months -- they were delayed by 4-6 forevers! And when a console version did come out, we had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to buy them from some shady importer! Now get off my lawn! :p

Seriously though, anime fighters have always had this problem in the US, where the sales of the game are effectively a rounding error to the developers. I think the games could do a lot better in the US and Europe, but no one (and especially not ArcSys) is going to do anything to disrupt their cash flow from the arcade. A stronger grassroots community would help (but Gamecombos/Dustloop has always had problems) but I don't think it matters much when you're being compared to games with huge marketing budgets -- at best, you're trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

Rhapsody

Banned
It really doesn't help that Dustloop is a self-destructive ball of cynicism that seems to be doing everything it possibly can to prevent the anime scene from ever improving.
Personally, I disagree. I wouldn't say DL is doing anything too different than other FG forums in terms of discussions.

Any hate towards players or games is similar to what I'll see on SWF or SRK. The mods seem strict to some people, but for good reason with the stuff they have to deal with. Everything in terms of questions and discussions, I've had good experiences in with people willing to answer or help me out.

Also I have to praise DL's staff for their informative wiki and the people in charge of the really good video threads for certain characters.
SRK's wiki is almost as good for some games, but not quite.

Top Bottom