• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Nyoro SF

Perks of playing Hakumen:

1) Landing Yukikaze
2) Higher chance of hearing Six Heroes
3) Landing Yukikaze
4) Air throw into Overdrive
5) Doing all these sick cancels motherfucker look at all this kanji

Levito

Banned
Hey BlazBlueGAF, how're y'all this evening?

This may seem random, but PersonaGAF has a podcast and this friday we're having LordKnight and Dacidbro on.(I imagine if you're part of the AnimeFGC you'll know who both of them are--Lordknight finished second at EVO this year in P4U)

Just thought I'd link the questions post here since we're going to be talking about CP and P4U2, and just fighting games in general.

LowParry

Izayoi, Bullet and Amane seem like the interesting three I'll probably focus on. If not Bullet, Makoto. Feels good getting back into a 2D fighter. And that stylish option. lol - so funny. I hope that isn't something that is accessible online.

Add me up some time and when I get comfortable with the game, I'll play people online.

PSN: Downplay

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Izayoi, Bullet and Amane seem like the interesting three I'll probably focus on. If not Bullet, Makoto. Feels good getting back into a 2D fighter. And that stylish option. lol - so funny. I hope that isn't something that is accessible online.

Add me up some time and when I get comfortable with the game, I'll play people online.

PSN: Downplay

You poor bastard, the struggle will be real.

FluxWaveZ

And that stylish option. lol - so funny. I hope that isn't something that is accessible online.

Just so you know, there's nothing broken or anything about the stylish option. It's almost on the level of a P4A style auto-combo system, but it's even less flexible. Basically, people who know what they're doing would never use it.

LowParry

Learn who you find interesting, just be prepared for an uphill battle to get on an even level compared to other characters

Hmm. Perhaps I'll go with the squirrel. :D

I'll play around with characters. I used to main Tao and Jin but eh, I'm coming back fresh into the game and yeah, I got lot of catching up to do.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hmm. Perhaps I'll go with the squirrel. :D

I'll play around with characters. I used to main Tao and Jin but eh, I'm coming back fresh into the game and yeah, I got lot of catching up to do.

You should stick with those two imo ;) Unless you really like Mak. Tao is a monster in this and learning how to play with her will only make you better at execution.

LowParry

You should stick with those two imo ;) Unless you really like Mak. Tao is a monster in this and learning how to play with her will only make you better at execution.

Perhaps. Jin seems like the "Ryu/Ken" of the game and I normally avoid those kinds of characters. Tao huh? We'll see we'll see :D

Grifter

Okay the lag has actually felt worse with each subsequent release in this series. Even in P4A I felt comfortable enough to go for links online but this has been much harder to recalibrate for. All my other Arc games went online via Xbox tho so that may be a factor. Seems to reflect in the playstyles of the higher rated players, seeing more reliance on stuff that wouldn't work vs offline reactions thus far.

Okay the lag has actually felt worse with each subsequent release in this series. Even in P4A I felt comfortable enough to go for links online but this has been much harder to recalibrate for. All my other Arc games went online via Xbox tho so that may be a factor. Seems to reflect in the playstyles of the higher rated players, seeing more reliance on stuff that wouldn't work vs offline reactions thus far.

BBCP is also much, much faster than the previous iterations. Your reaction has to be faster by default. But yeah, that means online is worse.

Grifter

I was told the game was faster when I got it, but after playing with friends, we didn't think it was that much faster if at all. Granted, we hadn't grinded since CS2 but the frame data looked similar enough that I thought the game was only faster in that combos got more compact and less floaty, and maybe hitstop was reduced. It does feel more... exhilarating to play than past versions tho so I think you're right.

Rhapsody

Banned
I was told the game was faster when I got it, but after playing with friends, we didn't think it was that much faster if at all. Granted, we hadn't grinded since CS2 but the frame data looked similar enough that I thought the game was only faster in that combos got more compact and less floaty, and maybe hitstop was reduced. It does feel more... exhilarating to play than past versions tho so I think you're right.

You're correct. Everything is the same besides the hit stop being much shorter in this game.

Onemic

Havent played this game in about a month now. Putting in the hours during its first 2 weeks of release made me get so behind in school, I had to pretty much stop playing videogames in general until my exams were finished. Now that they are I'll probably start playing some again, though now I'm really behind everyone else(even though I already was beforehand).

So, question: How broken is Kokonoe now that everyones had around a month to play her? Is she god-tier? Would a Kokonoe player be guaranteed to win in a tourney pretty much like that bird in Jojo's?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Havent played this game in about a month now. Putting in the hours during its first 2 weeks of release made me get so behind in school, I had to pretty much stop playing videogames in general until my exams were finished. Now that they are I'll probably start playing some again, though now I'm really behind everyone else(even though I already was beforehand).

So, question: How broken is Kokonoe now that everyones had around a month to play her? Is she god-tier? Would a Kokonoe player be guaranteed to win in a tourney pretty much like that bird in Jojo's?
She's CT Arakune/CT Carl/CS Litch/CS Bang Tier all in one character

OceanBlue

Lol, that's where I'm at too. Luckily I was able to get some games in every Friday with some friends, but I didn't have time to really sit down and practice so I haven't improved in a week or two.

If anyone wants to play or if anyone's already playing, let me know. I'm super tired but I feel like getting some games in.

OceanBlue

Lol, I deserve that astral. :(

Edit: Good games! Once you figured out that I have shitty defense and the only damage I was getting was from doing meaties on your wakeup, you ran all over me :(. I also couldn't deal with that instant overhead cat-thing once you started mixing it up with dash-in sweep, lol. I can't believe that I ended up never adjusting to Mami Circular at the beginning of round 2. :(

Also, I can't believe how fast the bat recovers. It's apparently -11f but my fastest move that will hit you in that range is 5C (unless I'm severely overestimating the knockback) and that's 10f startup. There's no way I'm going to get that punish at my skill level lol.

Lol, I deserve that astral. :(

Edit: Good games! Once you figured out that I have shitty defense and the only damage I was getting was from doing meaties on your wakeup, you ran all over me :(. I also couldn't deal with that instant overhead cat-thing once you started mixing it up with dash-in sweep, lol. I can't believe that I ended up never adjusting to Mami Circular at the beginning of round 2. :(

Also, I can't believe how fast the bat recovers. It's apparently -11f but my fastest move that will hit you in that range is 5C (unless I'm severely overestimating the knockback) and that's 10f startup. There's no way I'm going to get that punish at my skill level lol.

your defense wasn't bad. if anything, you were way too defensive.

plat's only instant overhead is her pan/paper fan item, which i rarely use

jin can punish bat. hell, he doesn't even have to punish. his dp will eat right through it

OceanBlue

Bat into bat is a netplay tactic. You can punish it and it's -11.

Edit: Oh, didn't notice your new post's edit. lol Which character do you use?
I was using Jin. I didn't feel confident in my timing to try and punish it with anything, lol.

your defense wasn't bad. if anything, you were way too defensive.

jin can punish bat. hell, he doesn't even have to punish. his dp will eat right through it

Lol, I personally thought my defense was bad. I kept getting hit by things like meaty 2A on wakeup for trying to panic-DP with the wrong reversal timing or dash 6A for trying to chicken block after bombs or missiles. Also I kept getting hit by your overhead and never teched your overhead -> dash up grab.

Even if it isn't instant, I was getting hit by jump cat-thing a lot. The reason I was playing really defensive when you got that item was because I knew I couldn't react to it and my 5C wouldn't hit you in the range you were using it, so I just waited for when you had missiles or frying pan before I went in (although I had to super-jump to get past missiles, which lead to me trying to jump way too much later on, I think). I also kept panicking when you got hammer which lead to me high blocking and getting hit by sweep or dash 2A even though hammer isn't an overhead. I panic too much and make bad decisions, which is another sign of my weak defense. :(

Lol, yeah, Jin probably can punish it. I'm going to have to go into training mode and test it out along with other stuff eventually. I don't feel comfortable doing run-up DP or DP on your wakeup though to try and beat your bat. I was doing it in the first few matches, but later on you stopped doing bat the instant I got in so it felt too risky for me.

If anything I'm saying sounds like nonsense, feel free to point it out. I'm just bringing in my experience from SF4 to make up for my lack of experience in this game (and I'm bad at SF4 lol). I still don't think I understand the game very well either.

Rhapsody

Banned
Don't forget her fuzzy guard setups. Always fun to abuse.
Don't tell him that lol. No reason to risk doing that when you can punish it normally on block.
I was using Jin. I didn't feel confident in my timing to try and punish it with anything, lol.
There's always dash 2A if you're not feeling confident in that match. You won't get much off of it, but you'll still get a punish and oki.

OceanBlue

There's always dash 2A if you're not feeling confident in that match. You won't get much off of it, but you'll still get a punish and oki.

Lol I was having a lot of issues with dash 2A for some reason. There were a bunch of situations (like after ice car knockdown) where I expected to be able to get a dash meaty 2A but I got counter-hit by 5A instead. That's something else I need to test. It might just be me not being used to online timing or the person I play with might be giving me too much respect on his wakeup, lol.

Top Bottom