• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Rhapsody

Banned
Tried Izayoi for a while in training mode. I find some of the timing required for her combo's to be too strict.

How is combo difficulty in Guilty Gear? It seems that combo's in general are shorter there than in Blazblue.

It's harder than BB's depending on the characters, but a lot of players make them harder than they should be.
GG has more character/weight specific combos which has to be altered the further you go down the reps.

But that isn't too much of a problem if you know about how move properties work, which is why I stress that people should learn the ins and outs of their normals before going to combo transcripts (i.e. if you know j.HS helps juggle them higher instead of lower, etc). FRCs aren't too difficult. They're no different than links. People just have problems because their timing screws up if they did their previous gatling/cancel earlier or later.

Also I guess GG doesn't have that button hold input buffer that BB does. But BB doesn't have negative edging for specials that GG does.

It's harder than BB's depending on the characters, but a lot of players make them harder than they should be.
GG has more character/weight specific combos which has to be altered the further you go down the reps.

But that isn't too much of a problem if you know about how move properties work, which is why I stress that people should learn the ins and outs of their normals before going to combo transcripts (i.e. if you know j.HS helps juggle them higher instead of lower, etc). FRCs aren't too difficult. They're no different than links. People just have problems because their timing screws up if they did their previous gatling/cancel earlier or later.

Also I guess GG doesn't have that button hold input buffer that BB does. But BB doesn't have negative edging for specials that GG does.

I usually opt to learn combo's that don't need to be modified on a per character basis since I don't want to risk getting them mixed up with other characters and combos.

How exactly does negative edging help for specials? I guess it makes sense if the special is on the same button you last pressed before it needs to be inputted.

Beats

It took me awhile to get adjusted to the combo timing in this. It doesn't really help that I've been mostly playing Skullgirls (which isn't very strict at all) the past couple of months lol.

I'm still kinda bad, but does anyone want to play? PSN is Beats00.

I usually opt to learn combo's that don't need to be modified on a per character basis since I don't want to risk getting them mixed up with other characters and combos.

How exactly does negative edging help for specials? I guess it makes sense if the special is on the same button you last pressed before it needs to be inputted.

I think character specific combos are inevitable. There's always universal combos but some will do more damage depending on the character you are facing. Negative edging helps because it's two inputs in one press (one input when pressing, another when letting go), so you have two chances to input the special.

Zissou

Is there a resource out there that gives a short blurb on each character (gameplay-wise)? Basically I'm looking for the blazblue equivalent of this so I can get a rough idea of how each character plays and decide who I want to try and learn.

Is there a resource out there that gives a short blurb on each character (gameplay-wise)? Basically I'm looking for the blazblue equivalent of this so I can get a rough idea of how each character plays and decide who I want to try and learn.
IMO, just go to Dustloop and watch a gameplay video of each character.

Canti.

LK did a basic overview for each character. (Kokonoe wasn't out yet when he made this.)
http://www.twitch.tv/lordknight/c/3166702
http://www.twitch.tv/lordknight/c/3166754

There's always Dustloop or Jourdal youtube channel if you want to go more into details.

Zissou

IMO, just go to Dustloop and watch a gameplay video of each character.

LK did a basic overview for each character. (Kokonoe wasn't out yet when he made this.)
http://www.twitch.tv/lordknight/c/3166702
http://www.twitch.tv/lordknight/c/3166754

There's always Dustloop or Jourdal youtube channel if you want to go more into details.

Thanks for the advice. After watching the lordknight stuff and some other vids, I think I'm going to try and main Kokonoe- though she seems like a kind of busted character- straight up touch you once and can umvc3zero you to death with unblockables in the corner into crazy damage combos ad infinitum. I still hate having to double tap directions to dash, but I'm sure I'll get used to it
if only I had a hitbox...
. Is there even a minimum airdash height?

Rhapsody

Banned
For even you most devout of original VA followers.

Go play against a Japanese voiced Platinum. Reconsider.

Think of my sanity.

Luna's voice is probably the only JP voice I don't like, but pretty much everyone also thinks her VA recording isn't good in BBCP. I like the rest though. English VAs... it varies. Don't like English Kokonoe or Hazama.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Luna's voice is probably the only JP voice I don't like, but pretty much everyone also thinks her VA recording isn't good in BBCP. I like the rest though. English VAs... it varies. Don't like English Kokonoe or Hazama.
Wut how can you like JPN Kokonoe it's so lifeless and dull

cj_iwakura

New Hazama is meh, but he went all in for Terumi.

And what? English Kokonoe is civilization.

If you want to whine about "I'll just read a guide online" then you can piss off!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Playing Amane makes me want a bag of these
chips_ahoy_coupons.jpg

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm not exactly sure how go pressure with Jin so I'm kinda winging that lol.

I actually picked up Jin just recently. Even my day 1 Jin gave my local friends issues lol

Once Jin gets in though, Amane's going to have a lot of issues. Midscreen you can end with 22C on a standing opponent if you don't care about corner carry at the moment. Free pressure afterwards pretty much, and Amane can't reversal out without meter anyways. Corner combos end with 22C on a juggled opponent for a safe jump setup. j214C ender is good too if you opt for damage.

Basically do those things and just press buttons in his face since Jin's pretty scary. lol

OceanBlue

Playing Amane makes me want a bag of these
chips_ahoy_coupons.jpg
My poor life bar ;_;.
I actually picked up Jin just recently. Even my day 1 Jin gave my local friends issues lol

Once Jin gets in though, Amane's going to have a lot of issues. Midscreen you can end with 22C on a standing opponent if you don't care about corner carry at the moment. Free pressure afterwards pretty much, and Amane can't reversal out without meter anyways. Corner combos end with 22C on a juggled opponent for a safe jump setup. j214C ender is good too if you opt for damage.

Basically do those things and just press buttons in his face since Jin's pretty scary. lol
I'm actually really bad at getting the j214C ender lol. The jump cancel window on jumping moves is smaller than I thought. As for everything else, I'm not comfortable with the game enough so they're kinda hard to do lol. Too many things going on D:. Plus my pressure is still really weak.

OceanBlue

Okay guys, it's getting a bit late so I'm done for today! It was a lot of fun, even though I still don't know what to do against Amane other than guess DP on blockstrings :(. Plus, the connection was a lot better than I thought it'd be! Thanks for putting up with my scrubiness, lol.

Edit: Whoops, I didn't realize I was still in the lobby. My bad!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Okay guys, it's getting a bit late so I'm done for today! It was a lot of fun, even though I still don't know what to do against Amane other than guess DP on blockstrings :(. Plus, the connection was a lot better than I thought it'd be! Thanks for putting up with my scrubiness, lol.

It's fine, you started getting the hang of it towards the end :p

Top Bottom