• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

RoeBear

Also I have to praise DL's staff for their informative wiki and the people in charge of the really good video threads for certain characters.
SRK's wiki is almost as good for some games, but not quite.

Honestly their wiki is awesome. I would never have known about Carl's silent moves if it wasn't for them. Their frame data is also very accurate ( I'm guesssing since I have no idea what to do with frame data).

It finally happened guys. I've switched mains.

Y%C5%ABki_Terumi_(Chronophantasma,_Character_Select_Artwork).png

As far as DL goes, they have some VERY good information but some of their discussion is terrible and you need to know how to weed them out. Likewise, because of some of the bad information, the staff is pretty reluctant to listen to some of the newer posters. It's pretty detrimental when ArcSys games have a small fanbase. I know, because I've been put off because I've asked for help and to open a specific matchup section so we can ask discuss. They didn't because "I wasn't a known player." It didn't even make sense.

Then again, they might have changed. I don't really post there anymore -- I just watch videos and look at the combo thread. Hopefully they did; they put me off enough to really take them seriously for discussions. Pretty weird since most of the people I meet at the arcades have been cool.

Rhapsody

Banned
Just don't be like one of those netplay Terumi's. Some of them are trigger happy on 6C sometimes, haha. Also remember that 236D is minus and even punishable on IB. 5B, jD, j2D are your friends. And 6C is great for whiff punishing laggy moves or fighting Tager with.
Honestly their wiki is awesome. I would never have known about Carl's silent moves if it wasn't for them. Their frame data is also very accurate ( I'm guesssing since I have no idea what to do with frame data).
XD Frame data's pretty great. Once you understand how to read it, it makes understanding how to deal with moves a lot easier.
One glance at my moves and an opponent moves and I'll be able to tell when I should be able to safely press buttons, when they can't, and what I can punish.

This also goes for knowing which moves are unsafe if they're IB'ed (like Mitsuru's coup Droit in some cases).
As far as DL goes, they have some VERY good information but some of their discussion is terrible and you need to know how to weed them out. Likewise, because of some of the bad information, the staff is pretty reluctant to listen to some of the newer posters. It's pretty detrimental when ArcSys games have a small fanbase. I know, because I've been put off because I've asked for help and to open a specific matchup section so we can ask discuss. They didn't because "I wasn't a known player." It didn't even make sense.

Then again, they might have changed. I don't really post there anymore -- I just watch videos and look at the combo thread. Hopefully they did; they put me off enough to really take them seriously for discussions. Pretty weird since most of the people I meet at the arcades have been cool.
That's too bad. I haven't had any experiences like that there, so I'm lucky, but that is unfortunate.

Everyone I know plays terumi because he's super straight forward compared to the rest of the cast. :(

Typical rushdown character. Pretty sure he's the Teddy of the game. Bunch of frame traps, no real mixups.

Just don't be like one of those netplay Terumi's. Some of them are trigger happy on 6C sometimes, haha. Also remember that 236D is minus and even punishable on IB. 5B, jD, j2D are your friends. And 6C is great for whiff punishing laggy moves or fighting Tager with.

That's too bad. I haven't had any experiences like that there, so I'm lucky, but that is unfortunate.

I rarely use 6C. I've been experimenting with 6B a lot though. It has some weird invul properties that I need to learn.

Also, I'm sure DL got better over the years.

edit: I should also mention I know like 3 combos. I don't even have an air combo. I just 6A and do nothing.

Rhapsody

Banned
6B is good, just be careful to not be obvious on when you gatling into it. It beats throws, 2As, and real lows, and resets pressure since it's plus on block.
If you fatal, you get much easier j2D loops which I can explain later or you can OD cancel straight into 100 heat Fuuenjin for 6.5-7.5k.

If you know 6A will air CH, you can go straight into 6B and you can do a ground combo into that, leading into 6D. (6B > 2B > 5C > 3C > 6D etc iirc). There might be a better follow up now though since I've actually dropped Terumi.

Random question -- does anyone have JPN PSN card or an HK PSN card that I can buy from? Either that or a JPN Kokonoe DLC or HK Terumi DLC? My roommate picked up Kokonoe and I picked up Terumi, but we don't have each other's characters so we can't really play together.

Rhapsody

Banned
Random question -- does anyone have JPN PSN card or an HK PSN card that I can buy from? Either that or a JPN Kokonoe DLC or HK Terumi DLC? My roommate picked up Kokonoe and I picked up Terumi, but we don't have each other's characters so we can't really play together.

If you have a slot, you can just account share with your friend. For most games, HK DLC will work on Japanese copies of the game and vice versa.

LowParry

So I've been thinking of importing off of Play Asia. $66 plus free shipping. I down for that. But I'm wondering do all the new characters come free? And will there be some sort of wonky region effect with downloads?

Rhapsody

Banned
So I've been thinking of importing off of Play Asia. $66 plus free shipping. I down for that. But I'm wondering do all the new characters come free? And will there be some sort of wonky region effect with downloads?

Only characters that you'd have to pay for at this point is Kokonoe and Terumi DLC.

And there's no region problems. Just make a PSN account for that region and buy them off that store.

You'll have to pay for Terumi and Kokonoe at this point unless you somehow get a first print copy, in which case just Kokonoe.

LowParry

Only characters that you'd have to pay for at this point is Kokonoe and Terumi DLC.

And there's no region problems. Just make a PSN account for that region and buy them off that store.

Hmmm, Kokonoe being the one I"m interested in the most learning. What are the prices and I assume I'll have to make a JPN account and get a card to purchase them.

Fugu

Personally, I disagree. I wouldn't say DL is doing anything too different than other FG forums in terms of discussions.

Any hate towards players or games is similar to what I'll see on SWF or SRK. The mods seem strict to some people, but for good reason with the stuff they have to deal with. Everything in terms of questions and discussions, I've had good experiences in with people willing to answer or help me out.

Also I have to praise DL's staff for their informative wiki and the people in charge of the really good video threads for certain characters.
SRK's wiki is almost as good for some games, but not quite.
Dustloop doesn't have strict moderation, it has random moderation. It's essentially an unregulated chatroom that gets bullied by the popular moderator clique at periodic intervals. It also, unlike SRK, attempts to represent the anime fighting game community at large, which only makes its painful lack of resources all that more apparent. The most confusing part is that BB is a fairly extensively studied game and all they'd really have to do is get some people translating the legwork people have already done from Japanese.

There are definitely some good guys over at Dustloop but they're a minority, and it seems that the distance between the anime scene's most successful players and Dustloop is only growing.

Nyoro SF

Got my copy.

Busted through story mode, unlocked Kagura, tried him for 10 minutes, not so great. I think I will play Hakumen instead.

Once I get his jump loops and OD combos down I should be ready to go online and get a general feel of spacing down for the character while I get annihilated by the Japanese and the people playing on wireless shared with their extended family.

alstein

Dustloop doesn't have strict moderation, it has random moderation. It's essentially an unregulated chatroom that gets bullied by the popular moderator clique at periodic intervals. It also, unlike SRK, attempts to represent the anime fighting game community at large, which only makes its painful lack of resources all that more apparent. The most confusing part is that BB is a fairly extensively studied game and all they'd really have to do is get some people translating the legwork people have already done from Japanese.

There are definitely some good guys over at Dustloop but they're a minority, and it seems that the distance between the anime scene's most successful players and Dustloop is only growing.

I don't view DL as representing anything beyond BB and GG. Arcana has its own site, which seems much less of a hellhole.

Uraizen

Banned
Let's do this. Next week. lol

So what is it that I need to do with unlocks right from the get go with characters/colors/stages/whatever?

Beat story mode to get Kagura or buy his unlock on PSN. Earn in-game currency to unlock colors and, umm... that's basically it for what you're asking.

LowParry

Beat story mode to get Kagura or buy his unlock on PSN. Earn in-game currency to unlock colors and, umm... that's basically it for what you're asking.

Eh, I'll hold on on the DLC characters for a while. I need to relearn the game so doing things in game to learn characters to get colors I'll do just that.

cj_iwakura

Has anyone actually experienced the story and not skimmed through it? Does it still have joke endings and multiple perspectives? Or is it on (boring) autopilot like CT Reconstruct?

Nyoro SF

Has anyone actually experienced the story and not skimmed through it? Does it still have joke endings and multiple perspectives? Or is it on (boring) autopilot like CT Reconstruct?

It still has the joke endings and multiple perspectives.

But it's an anime plot so... heh.

The best part of it all was Makoto's constant switch to her psychotic glare.

Yes, joke endings and different perspectives it's not like you always follow Ragna in Chronophantasma, or Hakumen in The Six Heroes. Although some joke endings are for the most part very similar to CS.

Ragna/Rachel: Spectacles of Eros part 2
Tager: Golden Tager vs Black Golden Tager
Makoto: Something about Kokonoe getting her something for her birthday and her tail getting cutoff and becoming sentient
Platinum: I have no idea what the fuck was going on but Trinity was in it and smacked the fuck out of Carl, Noel, and Bang.
Bullet/Litchi: Bullet is the latest victim of Litchi's cosplay antics
Jin: He's back to his island of nii-sans
Bang: He ends up having a King of Men competition with Amane, Azrael, and Ragna for some reason that may have to do with Litchi not sure (I skimmed it and can't understand much anyways). Tl;dr version of how it goes, Arakune wins.
Relius/Hazama: They go to an alternate dimension. Relius has to actually be a family man and go to Carl's bring-your-parents-to-school day while Hazama is the servant of the Clover family. Ada and Ignis are still dolls here.

Not everyone gets one but they're still there.

Vice

I'm consider picking up Shift Extend to get back into BB since I can get a copy for cheap to see if I still dig the series. I was wondering how the netcode is in that version?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm consider picking up Shift Extend to get back into BB since I can get a copy for cheap to see if I still dig the series. I was wondering how the netcode is in that version?

It's good, but keep in mind that the game is a lot slower than BBCP

LowParry

Man, navigating menus is tough. lol

Anyone have a good translation of menus I can see? And this game has a challenge mode/training mode of the sort that goes though the movesets and BnB combos eh? Game sure is pretty though.

Man, navigating menus is tough. lol

Anyone have a good translation of menus I can see? And this game has a challenge mode/training mode of the sort that goes though the movesets and BnB combos eh? Game sure is pretty though.

The images above are good, and I also found this list easy to use on a phone when working the menus out http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?17814-CP-Menu-Translations

Challenge mode (first menu, third option) will get you started on each character, but you will have a tougher time learning exactly how a character is supposed to work. For example you can see that Azrael puts symbols on the opponent, but what do they actually mean? For that stuff, just go through something like Dustloop to get an idea of the mechanics (http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Azrael_(BBCP)) and drives then practice in game.

Top Bottom