• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

cj_iwakura

Unless I'm going crazy, Ragna seems MORE popular now. I ran into four today.

Terumi is still way too popular. And it's way too tough to pull off Tsubaki's 63214 Command Grab under pressure.

Ughhh couldn't play Blazblue Chrono Phantasma for like 3 weeks since I'm in the army.
Can't wait to get home and put my hand on the stick

BB English dubs are godlike I have no idea wtf you are talking about.

For any English dub to succed they CAN NOT try to mimick Japanese voice styles exactly. It just doesn't transfer right.

If you even try to say English Mak has no energy and is not into character then I'll slap you.

Is it ever that serious? o_O

I was referring to English dubs in general.

Rhapsody

Banned
Learning my old subs/mains from previous games, and now I'm on Platinum. BBCP's version is so weird.
j.C hitbox nerf and not being able to link 5A after j2C in most cases removed her fuzzy guarding ability. Also no more fun cross-under 2A after the opponent techs from 22C. The old frying pan combo being removed is a little bit disappointing, but at least you can still do combos with it. And there are other changes I'm a bit annoyed with.

I think she got too nerfed in this version. The only things I like how out of her BBCP version are presents and being able to combo into 6C on a crouching opponent. Almost feels like they either went to far or they're trying to make her into a more unstable/random character.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Learning my old subs/mains from previous games, and now I'm on Platinum. BBCP's version is so weird.
This is how I feel about Mu after playing all her older versions. She's so much faster now in every single way it just feels super off, like why does a character of her style have the movement and attack speed she does now. x.x

Rhapsody

Banned
This is how I feel about Mu after playing all her older versions. She's so much faster now in every single way it just feels super off, like why does a character of her style have the movement and attack speed she does now. x.x

Seriously. Mu's almost Ragna-like now lol. Going back and learning Nu now. Finding her changes and new combo routes really cool. Learned new combos and all, but I'm still in the habit of autopiloting CT combos. :/

In other news, I netplayed my friend in Japan. It's amusing that my connection with him is even better than some of the connections I get in the US. Still not the best connection, but surprisingly more stable than I would've guessed.

OceanBlue

I'm finally able to play again! Anyone want to play some late-night matches with me? I haven't played a game in 2-3 weeks, so I'm kinda itching to play.

RoeBear

I'm finally able to play again! Anyone want to play some late-night matches with me? I haven't played a game in 2-3 weeks, so I'm kinda itching to play.
If you're still on I'll be back from the gym in about thirty. My psn is Roe-Bear.

Edit: I'm home but I guess I was too late to catch you.

I gotta say, I haven't had the need to ask gaffers play (sorry guys!) mainly because all the guys in the arcade lobbies are average at WORST (yay importers). Let me know if anyone wants to play sometime soon... maybe tonight?

If my playing room stops being full of stuff that won't let me play because there's no space to do so I'd be up for it

Edit: Nevermind now they made it literally impossible for me to play by entirely cutting the electricity from my side of the house =___=

RoeBear

Got everything set up and ready to stream. So Whenever we get a little tourny or whatever going I can restream it. There's like a 7ish second delay though, but it's fine, and quality was a lot better than I was expecting.

Got everything set up and ready to stream. So Whenever we get a little tourny or whatever going I can restream it. There's like a 7ish second delay though, but it's fine, and quality was a lot better than I was expecting.

Sounds good.

I've been thinking of coming back even though the NA release hasn't come out yet. I'll have to take care of some personal stuff first though.

RoeBear

I liked it :/ I just didn't go to the thread. lol

Even though I played every BB, this is the first one I truly liked.
That's pretty much what I said for my comment on the game. This is also an example of a fighting game where the newest iteration is without a doubt the best one.

I can see why, her options are ridiculous. I'm a scrub, and I can't lock her down at all. I think all of her stuff doesn't disappear even if you hit her.

It does. Except the fireball super. Fuck that shit.

Whether Kokonoe is actually ban-worthy broken or not, I don't think anyone can disagree that she's the most overpowered character in the game :|

RoeBear

Good games Rhapzody. I was playing so strange tonight. Half the time I dropped stuff, and the other half I was just doing muscle memory.

Your Rachel and Jin pressure was making me pull my hair out. I can't block those wind plus jump moves at all.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, Roebear. You leveled up so much with your offense on your mains. Had a lot of fun and makes me want to work on some more Rachel stuff again and confirm better. As for my Kokonoe, that was my first match with her, so muscle memory was really bad lol. I feel like I need to have a pocket Kokonoe just because of SoCal Regionals, to prepare for the worst just in case. If she somehow ends up getting banned before then, that makes my life easier.

RoeBear

GGs, Roebear. You leveled up so much with your offense on your mains. Had a lot of fun and makes me want to work on some more Rachel stuff again and confirm better. As for my Kokonoe, that was my first match with her, so muscle memory was really bad lol. I feel like I need to have a pocket Kokonoe just because of SoCal Regionals, to prepare for the worst just in case. If she somehow ends up getting banned before then, that makes my life easier.

Yeah, only real way to beat Kokonoe is to play her. Even though I don't play in real life stuff (wish I would) I think it would be more interesting to watch tournaments if she was banned.

RoeBear

It's going to be so nice to have some fresh blood on this come March. Tired of playing Apollojoh and him reading all my bursts.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's going to be so nice to have some fresh blood on this come March. Tired of playing Apollojoh and him reading all my bursts.

The way I time my bursts is by being random/delaying my burst (until it's a few hits into the combo) and by timing it at a safe spot. Generally do it during a start up of a move since there's no way to rapid or jump cancel it.

Also depends on who you play too. There are some people that go for hard reads to burst bait and will up back to drop it. Just don't burst when you usually would and usually you get out free lol. The other people tend to alter their combos to make it burst safe or delay there strings just barely.

Then there's Hakumen where there's pretty much no safe place to burst lol
Well when you'll die from his last combo there's really no choice, unless you just want to flat out lose.
In these situations, I'll risk not bursting if I have a feeling they want to burst bait me. Other than that, don't save your burst for the last combo to kill you too much in BB.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Chrono Phantasma is coming to Vita in April. Wonder if it will be cross-play this time?

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma is coming to PS Vita in Japan on April 24 for 5,800 yen, the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation reveals.

The PS Vita version will offer new events like a beach bathing scene, as well as shared downloadable content with the PlayStation 3 version and updates from the arcade version. Players will also be able to review highlights from the series.

shaowebb

I haven't played since Calamity Trigger and I need to really get back into this series as Q is proving with his meta talks with me. I'll try to make time to come in and flip to this game soon this year. Its likely the best title I could be playing with an active scene right now. Not certain who I'll go to in this one. I like the concept of Hakumen, and Valkenhayn. Also that new guy in the hoodie looks pretty dope. I'll just have to swing through the roster and see what sticks for me.

Fugu

Yeah that works some of the time, but Litchi, Carl, and Relius are those characters that don't care if you do that.
Not totally true, and certainly not to the same degree as the doll characters. The parts of Litchi's combos that are burst safe are just completely counter-intuitive so people often just end up bursting at the wrong time:
- Any time Litchi is hitting you to the staff or is standing on top of the staff, don't burst. This is where most players seem to try to burst and is, ironically, the best time for Litchi to catch you bursting because Ippatsu starters have crazy good proration values and it's not at all hard to react to.
- Don't burst while Litchi is negative edging D (staff is moving spastically in one spot on the screen). Litchi can often bait bad bursts by delaying the release of the staff and blocking.
- Don't burst after 4B. Litchi has tonnes of time to hit you so anyone concerned about a burst will just wait you out a bit.
- Don't burst while Litchi is in the itsuu stance. You won't hit her. It looks like you will but you won't. Bursting immediately after is a bad idea too because Litchi can just run up to you and block.

When to burst:
- As soon as you get tagged by 5B[m] and/or 2C[m] (if you're in the corner, bad things are about to happen to you). If you failed to react to this...
- Between the two hits of 6D. This move is hella slow and is totally burstable without a rapid. Note that people will often do 4D (stripper pole kick) instead if they think you're going to burst because it's harder (although not impossible) to burst out of. Also be careful in that most veteran Litchi players are aware of how susceptible to burst that 6D is and if you're over there mashing on your stick they might just rapid.
- During rekkas. Litchi's combos have loads of them, learn what they look like. This will work basically every time because even if they bait the burst entirely, when not chained they have a ridiculous amount of delay. This is even safer if they're air rekkas. The only time you can't/shouldn't do this is when the rekka is leading to Ippatsu A, which will invariably be closer to the early end of the combo and off of a hatsu.

I haven't played since Calamity Trigger and I need to really get back into this series as Q is proving with his meta talks with me. I'll try to make time to come in and flip to this game soon this year. Its likely the best title I could be playing with an active scene right now. Not certain who I'll go to in this one. I like the concept of Hakumen, and Valkenhayn. Also that new guy in the hoodie looks pretty dope. I'll just have to swing through the roster and see what sticks for me.
Where do you live? My local scene is so dead.

I should be playing more frequently. I know I said I was going to play couple weeks ago but I actually got into a car accident so was busy with some stuff for a while.

I might also be moving pretty soon too... so there's that factor.

Top Bottom